Zara Phillips Current Events 2: May 2006-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that Zara is Pregnat. I just think she gained some weight. Look at Charlotte asiraghi from Monaco. Last summer, there were some pictures of her looking chubbier than usual and it started a whole bunch of rumors that she was pregnant which turned out to be rubbbish
By the way. I love Zaras outfit. Its nice to know that the younger royals can dress really casually and look good

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problem is that the fabric and cut of her "shirt" (and I use the term loosely) are unflattering. She hasn't gained weight and she's not pregnant, she just has bad taste in clothes.

Silly question: Do they pin their top hats down when they're riding?

pollyemma said:
I think the problem is that the fabric and cut of her "shirt" (and I use the term loosely) are unflattering. She hasn't gained weight and she's not pregnant, she just has bad taste in clothes.

LOL! I love your response. :)

Zara has definitely gained weight and I don't like the belt, it certainly doesn't do anything for her. I know many of you will disagree with me, but I feel Zara looks ill dressed and sloppy for such an event. The outfit looks as if it was thrown together at the last minute. I don't have any objections to this as something to wear at a super casual affair, but it's inappropriate on this occasion. Sorry, I guess I'm too old fashioned.:cool:

Oh no, Katrianna, you're not old fashioned.
She should have put on something smarter.
But actually it is not only that her clothes are inappropriate for such occassion but they aren't good for her figure either. She has become fat...and this top and belt.... just terrible.

Chiyo said:
Silly question: Do they pin their top hats down when they're riding?

You are not supposed to, the 'idea' is that you make your horse do all the dressage moves so smoothly and carefully, your hat wouldn't dare fall off! :lol: (seriously)

Zara Phillips forum

Is there something else we could talk about besides her clothing and equestrian? I would like to find out whether or not she enjoys riding and playing polo on bikes, or maybe what her favorite dinner might be? Maybe she likes Beefeater Gin, who knows?

For any fellow equestrian fans here on TRF and people who admire Zara - she will be participating in Great Britain's team in the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany. The games starts next week, and here in Europe we can watch it on Eurosport (and some national channels), I don't know how it is in the rest of the world though.

Zara will be riding her best horse, Toytown. To see a list of the teams of all participating countries, you can go here.

Capt. Snowbear said:
I would like to find out whether or not she enjoys riding and playing polo on bikes, or maybe what her favorite dinner might be? Maybe she likes Beefeater Gin, who knows?

The amount of time required to get to the standard she is, means a lot of hard work, so I would guess she loves riding or she wouldn't do it. :flowers:

Zara rocks
she seems so relaxed, so normal... just like she could be a friend of mine or
of anyone of us:lol:

i wish we could see more avatars of her in the forum settings lol

GrandDuchess said:
For any fellow equestrian fans here on TRF and people who admire Zara - she will be participating in Great Britain's team in the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany. The games starts next week, and here in Europe we can watch it on Eurosport (and some national channels), I don't know how it is in the rest of the world though.

Zara will be riding her best horse, Toytown. To see a list of the teams of all participating countries, you can go here.

Wow, if she made it to the final group, then I'm impressed! Good for her! :) :)

Skydragon said:
The amount of time required to get to the standard she is, means a lot of hard work, so I would guess she loves riding or she wouldn't do it. :flowers:

I meant riding bicycles.:lol:

25-08-2006 Aachen Zara Phillips and Princess Anne at the World Championchip in Horseriding in Aachen

06082808gd1.th.jpg

Source: PPE

Today the eventing's cross country took place - and it was a glorious day for England. Zara Phillips is now in the lead individually together with Toytown, and the English team is 2nd in the ream ranking, after Germany!

So after dressage & cross-country, this is the situation:

Individually:
1) Zara Phillips, England, Toytown 41,70 penalties
2) Bettina Hoy, Germany, Ringwood Cockatoo, 43,70
3) Frank Ostholt, Germany, Air Jordan, 46,90
4) Clayton Fredericks, Australia, Ben Along Time, 48,80
5) Heelan Tompkins, New Zeeland, Glengarrick, 49,80

Team standings:
1) Germany, 143 penalties
2) England, 175
3) USA, 190,10
4) Australia, 193,30
5) Sweden, 198,20

Tomorrow it's time for the show-jumping, and I'm gonna keep my thumbs for Zara and for the Swedish riders! :flowers:

Pictures from AFP/Getty & Bongarts/Getty

Last edited:
Thank you so very much for the news Sofia!!!!!! :) :flowers: :)
I was a little disappointed by England's performance at first (they were in the 5th or 4th place for some time) and I didn't dare to look for Zara's results but there you go!!
Good luck to Zara and the English team!

Warren said:
Yes they are. So we'll wait for an official announcement, preferably some time after her wedding. :rolleyes:

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Warren, you're quite the optimist, aren't you? :lol:

I think she's a lovely girl, but this outfit (and the belt) was very unbecoming. Shades of Britney Spears -- I always want to take her to Salvation Army and buy her something in the right size.

Zara is now the World Champhion in eventing - congratulations!!!

England's team was placed 2nd, after Germany.

She got 4 penalties in the show jumping, which was what she could afford, and she took the title - her 2nd big title in a row, last year she became European Champion. Talk about being a meda-hope for the Olympics in 2008!

Last edited:
Congratulations to Zara Phillips! ;)
I saw her ride and she was really good!
Nice to see Princess Anne congratulating her daughter right after she won. :flowers:

Well Done to Zara, the new Eventing World Champion

CONGRATULATIONS Zara!!! She is a truly deserving winner. Oh and well done Toytown!

It was really touching to see Zara breaking down in tears after her ride. Two male team mates hugged her for a long time, she was so moved... Her father and mother must be so proud. Here are some pictures from today...

From Reuters & AP via Yahoo.

Last edited:
Just watched the interview with Zara - good for her! And I know a certain Princess who will be over the moon today.

BeatrixFan said:
Just watched the interview with Zara - good for her! And I know a certain Princess who will be over the moon today.

Maybe she now gets the title "Dame" for services rendered to her country!;)

:flowers: Congratulations to Zara!!! :flowers:
The first thread I looked through was this one; I hoped so much she would win! :ROFLMAO:
I may be over sensitive but I have tears in eyes (it may also be for a fact that my lenses are not feeling very comfortable though:rolleyes: ).
Anyway, good job, girl!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to Zara for champion but im sure her parent would proud of her and she will going to olympics in 2010 im hope so

Maybe she now gets the title "Dame" for services rendered to her country!

If Kelly Holmes gets a DBE then Zara definately should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom