Zara Phillips Current Events 1: May 2003-May2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandatory Credit: Photo By GEOFF ROBINSON/REX FEATURES (L-R) PRINCE HARRY WITH PETER PHILLIPS, ZARA PHILLIPS AND LADY SERENA LINLEY BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY AT THE CHRISTMAS DAY CHURCH SERVICE, SANDRINGHAM, BRITAIN - 25 DEC 2002 399496/MMP/NAP

Attachments

• 399496I.jpg
    399496I.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 388
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: THAKS MARTINE YOU ARE VERY SWETT. LOVE THE PICS :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Polfoto - Zara Phillips in the parade ring at Cheltenham Racecourse Thursday January 1, 2004.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 192
Last edited by a moderator:
She attended local schools until she went to Gordonstoun, in Scotland. I think she was 13 when she went there.

More evidence that you can bet on practically anything:

"Bookmaker Will- iam Hill is offering odds on World Cup and Bath Rugby hero Mike Tindall marrying Princess Anne's daughter, Zara Phillips, this year. The Bath Rugby star has previously dismissed reports that he was dating the 22-year-old royal as nonsense.

He still insists he is the only member of the England rugby team who is without a partner and that he and Ms Phillips are just good friends.

But Ladbrokes is offering odds of 50/1 that the pair will tie the knot - and this year.

Rumours of romance began after 25-year-old Mike Tindall attended the same North Cotswold Hunt ball as Ms Phillips.

The pair sat at the same table and were said to have got on like a house on fire and to have exchanged telephone numbers.

They first met when she travelled to Sydney to watch the England team in action last month.

Mr Tindall told one national newspaper: "I met Zara in Sydney and we had a great time, but there is definitely no relationship."

The rugby powerhouse has scarcely been out of the newspapers since bringing home the Webb-Ellis Cup with Bath team mates Mike Catt, Iain Balshaw, Danny Grewcock and Bath-based England coach Andy Robinson.

He sustained a leg injury during Bath's 25-14 Zurich Premiership victory over Saracens and faces a minimum three-month lay-off and possible ankle reconstruction.

This rules him out of England's entire 2004 Six Nations campaign.

The rugby lads have also been offered the freedom of both Bath and London and yesterday featured in the New Year's Honours list.

The freedom of Bath has only ever been awarded to 12 people, and the last time was in 1965 when Bath was under city council control.

Yehudi Menuhin was last given the honour in recognition of his outstanding contribution to music.

The bookmaker is also offering punters odds that Robbie Williams will marry, Jamie Oliver will turn vegetarian, Sven Goran Erikkson will cease to be England manager and Jonny Wilkinson will quit rugby for American Football.

Punters can also bet that Zara Phillips will win a Gold Medal at the 2004 Olympics at odds of 25/1, and on Tony Blair ceasing to be Prime Minister by the end of the year at odds of 6/1."

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:33 pm
More evidence that you can bet on practically anything:
Oh my gosh! This is totally ridiculous and outrageous! Now people are placing bets on whom royals will be engaged to and when?! :wacko: And I thought that betting on who would win Survivor/American Idol/Big Brother, etc. was bad!

What's next? What colour Haakon and Mette-Marit will paint the bathroom of their new home?! :rolleyes:

Are there not enough horse races going on that this is what bookies are filling their time with?

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 3:31 pm
Polfoto - Zara Phillips in the parade ring at Cheltenham Racecourse Thursday January 1, 2004.
thanks the photo is great. But what is the adress for the site you take the pic?
I saw a lot of pics from that site and semes that i am the unical that don't met him. :innocent: :woot: :(

www.polfoto.dk.

then on the bottom right, click on the "guest login" part. Then do a search after that.

I found this recently but I was surprised that I didn't see it around here. How true it is, one can't say. It's from the beginning of December:

0:30 - 08 December 2003

Gold Cup winning jockey Richard Johnson has ended his three-year
relationship with Princess Anne's daughter, Zara Phillips.

Friends of 22-year-old Zara say she is devastated. She has moved out
of his £400,000 home in Toddington, near Winchcombe and returned to
her mother's home, Gatcombe Park, near Minchinhampton. Richard, 26,
one of Britain's leading jump jockeys, declined to comment today.

After meeting Richard during the summer of 1999, the Princess
Royal's daughter has split up with him and got back together several
times before.

There was talk of an engagement. Sources close to the couple say
that this time, it really is the end.

Zara moved out in July 2002 after he grew close to redhead Louise
O'Neil, daughter of Temple Guiting trainer Jonjo O'Neill.

Rumours of a rekindled romance were fuelled at Cheltenham's National
Hunt Festival in March 2003 when the couple shared a kiss after
Richard romped home to win the Champion Hurdle.

They rode out together most mornings at Adlestrop where Zara worked
as a horsewoman.

In May Zara Phillips celebrated her 22nd birthday with her then ex-
boyfriend Richard by her side.

She spent the night at London's Roof Garden Restaurant and left the
Kensington night spot carrying a red rose, which Richard had given
her.

In the summer, Zara oversaw £100,000 of renovations to Richard's
house.

It included a new wing with a bedroom, bathroom and games room and a
new paddock and stables.

Since then Zara, who is the 11th in line to the throne, has been
sharing a cottage in Snowshill with best friend Dolly Maude,
although she spent most nights at Richard's house.

She has now moved her belongings and her horses back to her mother's
house.

A close friend said Zara wanted to make a clean break and
concentrate on pursuing a place in the British Olympic showjumping
team.

Richard is one of Britain's top performing jockeys. He is joint top
of the jump jockeys championships with Tony McCoy and has won most
of the most important races including the Gold Cup.

On Saturday he won a race at Sandown, his 120th win of the season.
This weekend he rides at Cheltenham's Tripleprint Gold Cup.

Last year he published his autobiography, Out of the Shadows,
written in collaboration with Alan Lee, racing correspondent of The
Times.

In it he said he 'had no idea what love's like' because he had never
been in love.

2 JANUARY 2004
The Queen's granddaughter Zara Phillips rang in the first day of 2004 indulging in one of her favourite pastimes – equestrian pursuits.

However, the skilled horsewoman was on the sidelines this time round, as she cheered on her favourites at the Cheltenham racecourse.

And it seemed to be a happy new year for the 22-year-old royal, who showed off her smile throughout the event. Fashionable Zara was keeping stylishly warm, playfully hiding her million-watt grin behind a trendy striped scarf which she had wrapped snugly around her neck.

How is Zara getting along with her mother and step-father now that she is back home? I thought I had heard her relationship with Anne wasn't that great, have things improved since she split from Richard?

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 10:48 am
www.polfoto.dk.

then on the bottom right, click on the "guest login" part. Then do a search after that.
the problme is that i don't understend nothing for tath site. is not inglish........ :blush: :blush:

I've always read that she has a good relationship with both of her parents, though Anne may have had some reservations about some of Zara's behavior. I read that she has a warm, if not necessarily close, relationship with her stepfather.

"Jan 11 2004
12,000-mile dash to party
By Suzanne Kerins

Zara Phillips is enjoying a secret romance with New Zealand rugby
star Caleb Ralph.

They have been an item since he made a 12,000-mile trip so they
could celebrate New Year's Eve together.

The couple, who met when England won the World Cup in Sydney,
partied the night away at a private bash at Princess Anne's Gatcombe
Park Estate in Gloucestershire.

And party-loving horse rider Zara, 22, told her pals: "Caleb and I
are having lots of fun. He's a very special man."

The New Year celebration was held at the home of Zara's father,
Captain Mark Phillips, and other guests included her brother Peter.
All Black winger Ralph, 26, cancelled plans to attend a friend's
wedding in New Zealand and flew over specially to be with the
Queen's granddaughter.

One observer said:"Zara seemed very happy and relaxed with Caleb.
He's a charmer and not as rampant with the girls as some rugby
players are.

"He and Zara were inseparable all night. They sang, drank and danced
the night away.

"Caleb was having a brilliant time and everyone, including Zara, was
trying to keep up with him when they started playing drinking games.
"She did a very good job but there was no contest. Caleb is a very
big man and can hold his liquor."

The player, who weighs 15st and is 6ft 2in, has a six-year-old
daughter in New Zealand from a previous relationship but does not
have a current girlfriend.

The friend added: "Zara isn't rushing into anything serious with
Caleb. She knows a relationship isn't going to be easy as he lives
so far away and also has a young daughter, who he dotes on. But it
was pretty obvious to everyone at the party that she's totally
smitten with him. Caleb was the life and soul of the party."

The pair were out together the next day at Cheltenham racecourse,
but went to great lengths to keep their relationship secret. Wrapped
up in a scarf, Zara cheered on her former jockey boyfriend Richard
Johnson while Caleb kept a low-profile, watching from another
vantage point.

An insider said: "No one noticed that Caleb was there. Zara was
determined to keep it that way. She doesn't want the whole world
knowing about it."

Caleb, who returned home to New Zealand on Monday, isn't talking
about the romance.

His mother, Mina, told the Sunday Mirror: "Caleb doesn't want to say
anything about Zara. All he told me was that he had a very good
time."

When Zara and Caleb met in Sydney, they immediately hit it off and
set tongues wagging when they spent three days together sightseeing.
Unlike Zara, Caleb leads a modest existence. He lives with his
brother Jared in a £60,000 bungalow in Christchurch, while Zara
lives with her mother the Princess Royal on her Gatcombe estate in
Gloucestershire.

Zara has had a topsy-turvy lovelife and split from long-term
boyfriend Johnson, 26, last year. She moved out of his home in
Toddington, Glos, over rumours linking him to Louise O'Neill -
daughter of racing legend Jonjo.

In recent months, Zara has been linked with Mike Tindall, the 15-
stone centre in the victorious England rugby team.

She has also spent lots of time with handsome polo player Mark
Tomlinson, son of Beaufort Club secretary Claire Tomlinson.

Tomlinson is a close pal of Prince Harry and William. An insider
said: "Zara likes her rugby players too - Caleb in particular.""

Thanks for the new article on Zara...

I have to agree that it seems like Zara loves dating athletes/jocks.....

Peyton

I bet the poor Queen almost passed out when she heard that Zara's new
love intrest has a six year old daughter! She certainly has earned her
title of "royal rebel."

found this online today...

All Black admits royal romance
15 January 2004

All Blacks winger Caleb Ralph has confessed: he spent Christmas and New Year with the Queen's granddaughter Zara Phillips.

The usually reticent rugby player yesterday called a press conference to answer questions on the royal romance making headlines.

Looking nervous, Ralph reluctantly admitted he spent the holiday period with Zara Phillips, 22, daughter of Princess Anne.

"I have been in England and I did see her."

Ralph was advised to front up about the relationship on his return from a Canterbury Crusaders training camp in Hanmer Springs.

The winger hopped off the team bus carrying a favourite pillow and avoiding the gaze of the gathered media.

Ralph said reports of Ms Phillips' rumoured visit to New Zealand were "news" to him.

He told reporters he was unsure if Ms Phillips would stay with him if she arrived in New Zealand.

"I don't know ... I'd just have to wait and see."

Asked what the nature of his relationship with Ms Phillips was, Ralph said: "I don't want to discuss that. I really think that is private, and it's my private life."

The two met during the Rugby World Cup in Australia when Ralph, 26, spent three days with Ms Phillips after the All Blacks' last cup match against France.

According to British tabloid newspaper the Sunday Mirror, the pair spent Christmas together and had New Year at the home of Ms Phillips' father, Captain Mark Phillips.

Friends of Ms Phillips said the pair had a "great time. They sang, drank and danced the night away".

They went on to spent New Year's Day at Cheltenham Racecourse but went to great lengths to keep their relationship secret.

Ralph said his friendship with Ms Phillips had brought unwanted attention from British media. He was determined to ignore it and focus on Super 12 training.

"I just want to get on with training for the year. (The media interest) is just a hassle."

Zara flying in for royal rendezvous
14 January 2004
By ANNA CLARIDGE

Zara Phillips is winging her way to Christchurch to visit All Blacks rugby player and current flame Caleb Ralph.

A relative of Ralph, who did not wish to be named, told The Press yesterday that Phillips was "on her way" to New Zealand.

The two met during the Rugby World Cup when Ralph, 26, spent three days with the 22-year-old granddaughter of the Queen after the All Blacks' last cup match against France.

"He's pretty into her ... she's on her way out here," the relative said.

Originally posted by andiemac@Jan 15th, 2004 - 6:41 am
The usually reticent rugby player yesterday called a press conference to answer questions on the royal romance making headlines.
He called a press conference to publicly address the relationship and answer questions? :wacko: Why can't the men Zara dates refrain from speaking publicly about their relationship with her? Wasn't her ex-live-in boyfriend planning on writing a tell-all book, too? :blink:

Even in the hey day of Frederik and Mary's relationship neither held a press conference to "answer questions."

From the New Zealand Herald -

All Black cagey on Zara romance talk

By MONIQUE DEVEREUX

It has all the elements of a ripping royal romance - a sort-of princess, an All Black, a mad dash round the world to a party and stories splashed in the British tabloids.

But for now the nature of the relationship between All Black and Crusaders winger Caleb Ralph and the Queen's granddaughter, Zara Phillips, is not being officially revealed.

And if Princess Anne's daughter arrives in Christchurch in the next few days, as rumours suggest, she may find Ralph too busy to play host.

At a hastily arranged press conference in Christchurch yesterday Ralph, 26, refused to discuss his relationship with the 22-year-old. He was focusing on the Super 12 season.

Ralph and Ms Phillips met in Australia during the World Cup and spent three days sightseeing together. That initial meeting was followed with a visit to England by Ralph where - according to last weekend's Sunday Mirror - he saw in the New Year at a private bash at the Princess Royal's Gatcombe Park Estate in Gloucestershire. The pair were "inseparable" and danced the night away together.

Ms Phillips apparently told her friends: "Caleb and I are having lots of fun. He's a very special man."

The newspaper also said the pair spent New Year's Day at Cheltenham racecourse but, while Ms Phillips cheered on her former partner, jockey Richard Johnson, "Caleb kept a low-profile, watching from another vantage point".

Yesterday, Christchurch newspaper The Press suggested a reciprocal visit by Ms Phillips was looming, quoting a relative of Ralph saying "he's pretty into her ... she's on her way out here".

But Ralph, returning from the Crusaders' training camp at Hanmer Springs, said that was "the first I've heard".

He confirmed he saw Ms Phillips while in England but would not comment on the relationship, saying that was his personal life.

Hi!

I'm in New Zealand, and I can tell you that he didn't "call the press conference"!

He was approached and spoken to by some journalists, but only wanted to speak about his rugby career.

He only spoke about Zara reluctantly.

Better photo..

Think it's all something of nothing.

Can't see Zara marrying Caleb somehow (But stranger things have happened)!

Attachments

• 15zaracaleb.jpg
    15zaracaleb.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 161
Zara and Johnson broke up, but then again who knows with those two. I
agree that the men who Zara associates with should perhaps refrain
from talking about their relationships, but I can't help but feel Zara
somehow enjoys all of the attention that her not so royal behavior
brings. I do however have a question, who is funding these trips that
Zara and Caleb are making? I seriously hope the British government or
Her Majesty isn't forking over money for Zara's romps in the sun.

Originally posted by Binny@Jan 15th, 2004 - 4:23 pm
Hi!

I'm in New Zealand, and I can tell you that he didn't "call the press conference"!

He was approached and spoken to by some journalists, but only wanted to speak about his rugby career.

He only spoke about Zara reluctantly.
Thanks for clearing that up, Binny. The one article impled that he did; that he rounded up members of the press, set up some microphones then proceeded to spill the beans.

But seeing now as that he was likely in a media scrum and felt pressured to speak, sheds a different light on the situation. Though I still think he could've kept mum had he wanted to. :rolleyes:

He should have kept quiet. O, well. I guess they are alike then. After all, Zara is hardly known for being demure.

Has Zara given up on love?

by ROSS BENSON, Daily Mail

The live-in love affair between Zara Phillips and jockey Richard
Johnson appears to have finally been unsaddled. He has galloped off
with an attractive redhead, thereby provoking Zara to move out of his
house and back in with her mother, the Princess Royal.

It has been an emotional parting, accompanied by any amount of tears
(hers). Like any young woman at the wrong end of a broken love affair,
however, Zara, 22, is keen to find a new romance to take her mind off
her unhappy memories. And she is clearly setting about her task with
all the gutsy determination she brings to her riding.

In Australia for the Rugby World Cup, she dated Caleb Ralph, star of
the New Zealand All Blacks, and the two spent the holidays together
in England.

This is not quite the way members of the Royal Family usually conduct
their love lives, but then Zara has never been shy about shedding the
raiments of oldfashioned decorum.

She can be haughty, imperiously disdainful and as regally rude as her
mother, Princess Anne. More than any other member of her family,
however, she can always be relied upon to provide a beaming snapshot,
complete with bare arms and plummeting decolletage, when a photographer
comes within range.

Make no mistake about it, she likes being the centre of attention.

The one thing Zara is not content to do is bask in the reflected glory
of other people's sporting achievements. She nurtures ambitions of her
own. Her sights are firmly set on next summer's Olympic Games in Athens.
She is included in the list of 14 riders from which Britain's five-strong
three-day event team will be selected.

And the truth may well be that she would rather have a medal than a man.

Many doubted she had the dedication that made her parents, Princess
Anne and Captain Mark Phillips, Olympic riders. She is young,
attractive, and as her troubled romance with Johnson shows, volatile.

However, the past few months have seen a remarkable transformation.
Looking at her figure, a casual observer might conclude that,
Bridget Jones-style, Zara has fallen into the same trap as so many
lovelorn women and resorted to comfort eating.

But there is a more commendable explanation. She knows that to make it
to Athens will require a lot of hard work. Her regular workouts have
started building muscle.

Her new athletic look has certainly not detracted from her allure,
judging by her list of suitors. The one person it hasn't impressed is
Johnson, but theirs was never a settled relationship.

Good-looking and sociable, he quickly caught Zara's eye and the two
soon became regulars at the Hollow Bottom, the pub in Guiting Power
owned by former champion jump jockey Peter Scudamore which the young
horsy set have made their social headquarters.

Princess Anne and her ex-husband approved. He was not the tattooed biker the
Princess Royal half-jokingly said she expected her daughter to end up with,
but the respectable, public school-educated son of a Herefordshire farmer.

More importantly, he brings to his riding the same dedication that
both Phillips and Anne brought to theirs and they raised no objections
-when Zara installed herself in Johnson's modest house in Toddington
in Gloucestershire.

Even Princess Anne was taken aback, however, when her daughter and her
live-in lover became embroiled in a late night fight which left her
lying bruised and sobbing on a public pavement.

That would have been the end of most romances but Zara and Johnson
patched up their differences. It proved only a short respite, however.

Observes a friend: 'Zara is like her mother - very forceful and
determined - and she was trying to force their relationship along.
She wanted to call the shots and she wanted to get married.'

Johnson didn't. In his autobiographyr, he tactlessly admitted that he
had 'no idea what love's like' because he had never been in love.

And when he picked up with trainer Jonjo O'Neill's red-headed daughter,
Louise, Zara had to concede the affair had run its course.

There was what is described by friends as a 'chilling' discussion and
Zara has moved back to her mother's home at Gatcombe Park, taking her
horses with her.

It hasn't taken her too long to recover her emotional equilibrium. She
has a cluster of admirers and she also has the very real prospect of
sporting success to drive her on.

What Zara isn't doing is hiding herself away. She subscribes to the
old maxim, if you've got it, flaunt it. Which is exactly what she is
doing now.

QUEENS GRANDDAUGHTER A COUNTRY GIRL AT HEART

"I’m no rebel," insists Zara Phillips, "I just like to have fun."

The Queen’s 22-year-old granddaughter blamed the media for manufacturing her ‘wild child’ image.

"They call me a ‘rebel,’ because I had my tongue pierced," she said.

"They have a picture of how I should be, and they (the media) don’t like it if I behave differently."

And while the stud was later removed, three years later she was photographed at a equestrian event with a navel ring.

Despite her not-so-royal behaviour, she claims to just be a simple country girl at heart.

"I don’t like London," Zara remarked, before correcting herself.

"Well I love to visit there- I just never intend to live their on a permanent basis." The Cotswolds have a nice relaxed atmosphere."

Now a rising star in three-day eventing, she also has spoken of her hopes of following in her parents footsteps by riding at the Olympic Games in Athens.

"I don't know," she concludes wisely, "We’ll just have to wait and see what the selectors think."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom