Zara Phillips Current Events 1: May 2003-May2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is she aiming for the next Olympics? I thought I read that somewhere.

Nice girl...I feel old today. I can't avoid to remember when she was just a little girl. :(

Vanesa.

Capt. Snowbear said:
... and knowing that Charles wanted a unique name for Zara, I must believe that he would want the correct pronunciation... the pronunciation resides in a unique idea by Charles
Welcome to the Forums Capt. Snowbear.
Zara is the daughter of Princess Anne and Capt Mark Phillips; I think it unlikely that Charles had any influence over her name or its pronunciation.

Actually Charles suggested the name Zara to Anne because thats the name he would have given his daughter if he had one. He said he suggested it because its greek and unique.

Pronunciation

Warren said:
Welcome to the Forums Capt. Snowbear.
Zara is the daughter of Princess Anne and Capt Mark Phillips; I think it unlikely that Charles had any influence over her name or its pronunciation.

I think it likely. To be contrary, this name comes from Ancient Greek and the pronunciation is Greek Orthodox. So, in this case it is true. If one were to pronounce it Zayr-a, then one would be pronounicing it in the dictionary pronunciation.

Zara, Zahra & Aga Khan

kaydura0717 said:
Actually Charles suggested the name Zara to Anne because thats the name he would have given his daughter if he had one. He said he suggested it because its greek and unique.
This may well be true, but Zara was born in May 1981, and Charles married Diana in July 1981.
Thus at the time of Zara's birth there was a possibility Charles and his future wife may have a daughter who could be named Zara, if that was his intention.
Maybe Charles got the idea from Prince Karim, the Aga Khan IV, whose only daughter, born in 1970, is named Princess Zahra.

kaydura0717 said:

I read that he suggested it when they had a hard time coming up with a name. I believe he liked the meaning which is "glorious dawn." I think it was also somewhat in honor of Mark's mother, Sarah. Son, Peter, is named after Mark's father.

Mark's mothers name is Anne which happens to be one of Zara's middle names. His sisters name is Sarah. It can be all confusing. I too read in several books and Princess Anne herself has been quoted saying it was her brother Charles that made the suggestion to both her and Mark about the name Zara. And they both loved the name. I think it does suit her very well.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
WEll I remeber a quote that Princess Anne said and she said that it was Charles who suggested it.

Warren said:
This may well be true, but Zara was born in May 1981, and Charles married Diana in July 1981.
Thus at the time of Zara's birth there was a possibility Charles and his future wife may have a daughter who could be named Zara, if that was his intention.
Maybe Charles got the idea from Prince Karim, the Aga Khan IV, whose only daughter, born in 1970, is named Princess Zahra.

I'm curious about Prince Karim. You have mentioned him...and his title...the Aga Khan IV. If they don't mind <off topic> could you elaborate on the "Aga Khan IV"? I am familliar with Shieks, some Warlords, and past titles of leaders in the Muslim world, and of course today's leaders, but never had much reading over their Princes, especially the Aga Khan descendancy. It would be fine if I "Googled it" but I find these forums useful sometimes. It is likely that Charles had read the name in some greek literary form, or, as you mentioned - the Prince Karim's daughter's name, and possibly he derived Ms. Phillips name from both ideas - two rocks rolling around in his head for what probably amounts to decades...

Capt. Snowbear said:
I'm curious about Prince Karim.
We have a thread for the Aga Khan and his family. Just this week the Aga Khan's second son announced his engagement.

Zara Phillips checks out the course as she takes part in a BBC documentary on the first day of the 2006 Badminton Horse Trials at the Duke of Beaufort's Gloucestershire Park on May 4, 2006 in Gloucestershire, England

from getty

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 211
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
She was born on 15 May 1981 so she's coming up to her 25th birthday.

Elspeth said:
She was born on 15 May 1981 so she's coming up to her 25th birthday.

oh, thanks for the information. :) little did i know that we share the same birthdate.. :D

Article from HELLO
Now a seasoned performer on the national eventing scene, Zara Phillips was concealing any nerves she might have felt on the first day of the Badminton Horse Trials. The pretty royal was in good spirits as she prepared for the event at the home of the Duke of Beaufort in Gloucester....................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/05/05/zaraphillips/

I don't think Zara was competing at Badminton. as I can't find any results for her?

Today is Zara's 25th Birthday. She was born May 15, 1981.

Happy 25th Birthday Zara may you have many more to come.

Time for a new thread.

Zara Phillips News and Pictures Part 4 can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom