York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see them renting it out, it's the most sensible thing to do when they're not going to use it for 42 weeks of the year.

We're never going to know where the money came from and we shouldn't know either. What's the point in questioning it?

So they've bought a ski chalet, there are bigger things to worry about in the world than Andrew and Sarah buying a holiday home.

Yes there are very much bigger things to worry about and that's why we come on forums like this to take our minds off the horrors of the world and we can all have our opinion

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'd argue that the whole world could care less about Sarah and PA. The mere YouTube search in the US will show that. Not much there. Most people don't know who they are.

YouTube Charles and Diana, you will find documentary on documentary of affairs, public interviews that reveal far too much, conspiracy theories, the list goes on.

Charles and Diana, they seriously screwed the BRF reputation in the US and abroad.

I don't think Charles and Diana or any of the royal couples ruined the Monarchy's reputation in the US and abroad. I think the drama made the royal family look more human, and made people realize that real life royalty isn't a fairy tale. They go through ups and downs like everybody else.

I don't think Charles and Diana or any of the royal couples ruined the Monarchy's reputation in the US and abroad. I think the drama made the royal family look more human, and made people realize that real life royalty isn't a fairy tale. They go through ups and downs like everybody else.

If we're talking about this image of the "moral, traditional royal family" that Queen Victoria started and continued under George VI, I'd say the definitely ruined that. With affair, divorce, and the way they handled themselves throughout.

If we're talking about this image of the "moral, traditional royal family" that Queen Victoria started and continued under George VI, I'd say the definitely ruined that. With affair, divorce, and the way they handled themselves throughout.

I don't agree. As I've said, that was years ago. Diana has been dead a long time; a whole generation barely knows who she is.

Charles these days comes across as a grandfatherly type who attends street festivals and investitures.

While Andrew comes across as an arrogant sort who allows his greedy ex-wife to take every advantage she can.

York Family: News, Information, and Pictures

I'd argue that the whole world could care less about Sarah and PA. The mere YouTube search in the US will show that. Not much there. Most people don't know who they are.

YouTube Charles and Diana, you will find documentary on documentary of affairs, public interviews that reveal far too much, conspiracy theories, the list goes on.

Charles and Diana, they seriously screwed the BRF reputation in the US and abroad.

If you YouTube PA you get multiple reports about Epstein and pedophiles and Sarah multiple reports on financial scandals. Same thing on Google. To me this is worse than a messy divorce

I don't agree. As I've said, that was years ago. Diana has been dead a long time; a whole generation barely knows who she is.

Charles these days comes across as a grandfatherly type who attends street festivals and investitures.

While Andrew comes across as an arrogant sort who allows his greedy ex-wife to take every advantage she can.

I tend to agree. Asked this question to a few 20 year olds at different times and they could care less or didn't remember Diana. They actually like Charles but feel he could have done a lot better than his current wife. Love the Queen and Philip's off color humor. Think Andrew a jealous spoiled man and know nothing at all about Edward or Sophie! I asked about Fergie and their base comments I can't print but would be liken to a "used street walker".

Most, unlike people on this forum and older Americans, feel nothing for the royals as they do not affect their lives. Feel that the only time royals visit USA is when they want money for something or speak at UN for one of their pet interests which in the long run changes nothing world wide. They still after just ask for money.

After listening closely to these college grads, I now actually realize why maybe Andrew and Fergie thought nothing of asking people to help with money problems for some cause. It just didn't seem wrong to them no matter who the lender was. Lets face it, if I had millions extra yearly after making sure my family and church was taken care of, I certainly would help a friend out of a jam.

That being said, I still personally feel that Andrew should NEVER have gotten involved with some of his friends in the first place. Maybe he just likes the seeder areas of life to the proper one of the royals making him live beyond his means. To each his own.

Last edited:
I wonder whether Beatrice and Eugenie contributed money towards the chalet. They have trust funds from the Queen Mother, and perhaps from the Queen as well. That might explain where some of Sarah's part of the investment came from. The investment will come back to them eventually when they inherit the property.

When Sarah faced possible bankruptcy in 2010 it was said she was being supported by the girls from a trust fund they had. Don't know how true it is but they are close to both parents so its not impossible they'd put money in to it especially as its apparently to ensure they have something for the future.
I just hope they don't face financial trouble in the future if they've had to help out their mother.

I'm assuming that Sarah still owns her mother's property in Argentina; however, if she sold it, that could be a source of income as well. I wonder whether she's been paid in advance for any of her new ventures? I guess there's no way of knowing and we're treading dangerously close to speculation territory.

Re: who has done the most damage to the RF. I think the worst headline I have even seen for any RF is , Prince Andrew had sex with under age sex slave .. I'm not saying its true

:previous: Right. That's the worst allegation I've ever seen leveled at a prince or princess.

Your right but that was a headline

That's why I think it was bad timing to buy luxury ski lodge. I know it was bought before that headline but still not a good look. And I do wonder when he found out about the court case and knew he was being named. It was good it only came out in the papers after Christmas

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: May I just reiterate that the York's purchase was planned and executed before Christmas and the civil case was filed between Christmas and New Year.

Since the persons that laid the suit against Mr Epstein and named other men in support of the case, it is extremely unlikely that they would have given Andrew or any of the others a "heads up".

Having gone to all the trouble of staging the filing when and where they did and also alerting the media to it, thus ensuring that everyone was hit by a news blitz, why on earth do you still "wonder when he found out about the court case and knew he was being named". He and the others all found out when their phones started ringing!

Filing as they did they achieved their desired effect . . . shame and scandal in the families caused by very big news headlines internationally, and a large dose of acid via the internet.

Andrew and the family York are not, and have never been known to be, prescient.

Re: who has done the most damage to the RF. I think the worst headline I have even seen for any RF is , Prince Andrew had sex with under age sex slave .. I'm not saying its true

The headlines after Diana revealed their sham marriage and deception to the public. The next King and Queen. Possible separated couple on the throne. Constitutional crisis. Diana harms herself in front of the Queen. Future Queen says her husband not fit to be King. Affairs. Future head of Church of England to be raised by Muslim. Camilla, Charles' mistress. "There were three of us in this marriage..." Prince of Wales marries mistress. Future supreme governor of the church of England to remarry a divorcee.

These are real issues for the monarchy. And I could easily go on and on.

Don't mean to be harsh, but hasn't Sarah declared bankruptcy twice since her divorce?
I guess Andrew bought the ski lodge?

The headlines after Diana revealed their sham marriage and deception to the public. The next King and Queen. Possible separated couple on the throne. Constitutional crisis. Diana harms herself in front of the Queen. Future Queen says her husband not fit to be King. Affairs. Future head of Church of England to be raised by Muslim. Camilla, Charles' mistress. "There were three of us in this marriage..." Prince of Wales marries mistress. Future supreme governor of the church of England to remarry a divorcee.

These are real issues for the monarchy. And I could easily go on and on.

And once again I repeat that for me the headline of underage sex slave is worst headline I have ever read
I'm not saying its true. The other headlines are bad. Underage girl a sex slave is the worst I repeat worst headline in a paper

Don't mean to be harsh, but hasn't Sarah declared bankruptcy twice since her divorce?
I guess Andrew bought the ski lodge?

So twice Sarah got away with not paying money to people whom she owed money too. So after the 1st time she went back and did it again and more people were left without the money they were owed. If that's true that's disgusting

I don't think she's actually ever been formally bankrupt just heavily in debt. The most recent time those she owed money to were given an offer of something like 25p for every £1 owed. This clearly did mean they lost out but I suppose better than nothing.
I'm sure those people she owed money to and who got less than they were owed will be delighted to hear she's found the money to jointly buy a £13million holiday home.

Yes it would be very upsetting for them. I think thats what I dislike the most about Andrew and Sarah they don't think about what they have done it's all about the .. Oh but I want to go here or buy that I'm a prince and I can do what ever and Sarah says I was married to a prince so I can too

Sarah has never filed for bankruptcy and has settled her debts in the same way as many people who are heavily in debt - some of what is owed and the rest written off. If she had declared bankruptcy these people would have received absolutely zero - better to take 10% of what is owed than nothing.

Sarah has never filed for bankruptcy and has settled her debts in the same way as many people who are heavily in debt - some of what is owed and the rest written off. If she had declared bankruptcy these people would have received absolutely zero - better to take 10% of what is owed than nothing.

I suppose. But it does seem rather callous and selfish.

I didn't realize bankruptcy was different in the UK. In the USA, where her company Hartmoor dissolved due to massive debts, in bankruptcy all of a person's assets are liquidated and the proceeds are divied up between the creditors - since we don't know what assets Sarah had (jewelry, for example) it's hard to say whether the creditors accepted more than they would have received if Sarah had been subjected to the bankruptcy laws which are designed to deal with spendthrifts such as her.

Personally I'd be surprised if they don't rent it out. The only down side is I can see Fergie posing for photos/newspaper articles promoting it at some point which is just a new PR disaster waiting to happen.

The people who rent houses like this do not look at advertising. There are high-end real estate companies their assistants would ring up to rent the property. If this place is rented out, there will be no ads starring Sarah.

I think, not only will this place be available for rental, there will be a waiting list of the rich and famous who want to ski or hike in Verbier while staying at the home of royalty.

I didn't realize bankruptcy was different in the UK. In the USA, where her company Hartmoor dissolved due to massive debts, in bankruptcy all of a person's assets are liquidated and the proceeds are divied up between the creditors - since we don't know what assets Sarah had (jewelry, for example) it's hard to say whether the creditors accepted more than they would have received if Sarah had been subjected to the bankruptcy laws which are designed to deal with spendthrifts such as her.

There are several different kinds of bankruptcy in the U.S. If Sarah's company was dissolved, that doesn't mean her personal assets were taken from her. An individual is separate from their company and only the company assets are dissolved and distributed to creditors. (I'm assuming she, or her attorney, was smart enough to have done this.) Her company was probably a LLC (Limited Liability Company), which means she had zero personal liability. She would have lost only the money (if any) she invested into the company. (Most famous people only "invest" their name into a company but I have no clue if Sarah did this.)

Re Sarah and Bankruptcy, a few points

1) She has never declared bankruptcy.

2) She paid off her 1990s Coutts overdraft, in full, through her first Weight Watchers contract, a contract with Wedgewood fine china and an Ocean Spray cranberry juice ad. These contracts were facilitated by her friend, Sir Tony O'Reilly.

3) Hartmoor was an LLC that Sarah owned 50% of which she invested over a million dollars into, all of which was lost when the company was dissolved.

4) In 2010/2011 when Sarah was again in financial trouble, Prince Andrew's office intervened and did the negotiating on her behalf with her creditors. The widely reported sum was 25%, or .25 pence for every pound she owed.

I'm going to guess that the vast majority of the deposit for this purchase, which is likely to be 'only' around 30% of the purchase price, came from Andrew/Beatrice/Eugenie (the latter 2 via their trust funds). Probably Sarah could only contribute a small sum. It's being described as a "family investment" which doesn't mean everyone contributed an equal share.

I'd be amazed if they don't rent it out. They wouldn't be the first royals to do so and if they're there 2 or 3 times a year as has been reported, it'd be empty most of the time anyway.

I was in the banking industry for many years. It is not unusual for banks to receive less than what they are owed if a business fails. The reasoning is- the bank (or whatever lender) is a partner in the business. They share in the losses as well as the profits (if any). It is neither illegal nor immoral for a borrower to pay back only a token amount to their business partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom