York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so that the matter is clear, at Oxford and Cambridge, your undergraduate degree is a BA.................but then, 6 or 7 years after matriculation [which basically is the date when you enter University], without futher study, your BA degree then 'incepts' as an MA degree. [Although it is NOT treated as an examined Master's Degree]

Both the Prince of Wales and Prince Edward have MAs from their time at Cambridge.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. :)

The Duchess of York, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie participated in the BGC Partners’ Charity
Day in London today, September 12, 2011. Prince Harry attended as well.

** Pic ** Pic 2 **

** express: PRINCESS BEATRICE AND EUGENIE TAKE TO THE TRADING FLOOR **

** Hola: El príncipe Harry se convierte en 'broker solidario' por un día y bate récord ** Hola gallery **

** dailymail: Hand over your cash! Sarah Ferguson makes a begging phone call for money... but this time it's all going to charity **

** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

Last edited:

The Duchess of York, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie participated in the BGC Partners’ Charity
Day in London today, September 12, 2011. Prince Harry attended as well.

** Pic ** Pic 2 **

** express: PRINCESS BEATRICE AND EUGENIE TAKE TO THE TRADING FLOOR **

And, oh dear, Sarah is 'participating' too!!

In my humble opinion, I don't think it helps that she tags along whenever her daughters do something. Although, to be fair, we do not know whether Sarah was included in the invitation............ I just wish that she would let the girls do things on their own....

[And, since another forum member mentioned it, I have noticed how Sarah tends to 'pose' for photographs, with one leg slightly forward - apparently a well-known techinique to make your legs look their best.]

Last edited:
And, oh dear, Sarah is 'participating too'!!

In my humble opinion, I don't think it helps that she tags along whenever her daughters do something. Altough, to be fair, we do not know whether Sarah was included in the invitation............ I just wish that she would let the girls do things on their own....

[And, since another forum member mentioned it, I have noticed how Sarah tends to 'pose' for photographs, with one leg slightly forward - apparently a well-known techinique to make your legs look their best.]

I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the pictures of the girls in the fashion thread. The saying 'mummy's girl' is kind of reversed here.

(I rather thought it was to make herself look smaller as she seems to be gaining quite a bit of weight again.)

Not to crazy with what Eugenie was wearing. She seemed to be a bit of a mannequin of which the outfit was just hung on her. Does this make sense? Any who, back to Bea who deserves accolades for completing her degree.

I don't think that's the intention in these photos; and if Sarah did intend it that way, she's doing it backwards. It's done with the left leg in front, knee slightly bent, with the heel touching the curve of the right instep.

Seeing Sarah attend the same charity function as her daughters doesn't bother me at all; it is a worthwhile cause.
Sarah has been doing charity events for more than a decade.
Does she need to decline that type of work just because she's no longer a real royal? Or does she need to stop because her girls are now old enough to take over? That could be seen as discrimination due to age.
Plenty of people don't snub their parents just because they are gaining a few pounds or wrinkles. Think of all the events Prince Charles attends with his mother, events attended by both Princess Victoria and Queen Silvia, events Sir Richard Branson supports alongside his daughter.
Nice people are not snobby and certainly not to their parents.
If all of the Yorks are working for that charity then I can see why the press would like a photo. (After which they all go back to answering phones etc.)
We see many photos of the York girls without their parents.

Oh, come ON! They look like they're just goofing around. I see nothing "desperate" about it.

Seeing Sarah attend the same charity function as her daughters doesn't bother me at all; it is a worthwhile cause.
Sarah has been doing charity events for more than a decade.
Does she need to decline that type of work just because she's no longer a real royal? Or does she need to stop because her girls are now old enough to take over? That could be seen as discrimination due to age.
Plenty of people don't snub their parents just because they are gaining a few pounds or wrinkles. Think of all the events Prince Charles attends with his mother, events attended by both Princess Victoria and Queen Silvia, events Sir Richard Branson supports alongside his daughter.
Nice people are not snobby and certainly not to their parents.
If all of the Yorks are working for that charity then I can see why the press would like a photo. (After which they all go back to answering phones etc.)
We see many photos of the York girls without their parents.

What follows is only my personal opinion: Sarah has indeed been appearing at charity events over the years. Oddly enough, this has largely been since her divorce - in fact, when she was a member of the BRF she had a reputation for being lazy and NOT wanting to carry out royal enagements.

Of course there is nothing wrong generally about people appearing at events with their parents. And I don't think 'snobby' actually comes into that at all: I associate snobbishness with looking down on people who you reckon are your social inferiors.

No, the problem I have with Sarah appearing alongside the Princesses and Prince Harry is that to me it all smacks of Sarah 'trying to get in on the royal act' yet again. Some other forum members might be able to see what I mean.

My opinion - and I must make it clear that it is only my opinion - is that the best chance that Beatrice and Eugenie have of establishing some sort of royal role - which DOES appear to be a possibility still on the basis of what BP have said with regard to Beatrice's plans post graduation, despite remarks attributed to Prince Charles suggesting that he plans to 'slim' down the BRF when he is king - is to leave poor old Sarah behind when they are out on 'official' appearances such as this one. I am sorry to sound cruel, because I do of course accept that Sarah will always have a role as their mother and that she loves them deeply. And it does seem that Children in Crisis is to be a beneficiary of some of the fundraising. But Sarah is NO longer a member of the BRF and has not been for many years. I think that the time now is for Sarah to fade into the background after all the recent scandals. I can just imagine the scene round the Balmoral Breakfast table when Prince Philip spies the photo of his adored grandchildren Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie..........and then spots Fergie there too. Charles did not attend; why does Sarah keep on turning up, other than to keep her face in the frame yet again?

There is another thing that still worries me: how is Sarah's financial situation? If she is still finding it hard to acquire money - and I rather fear that the money from Oprah and the book is not going to last that long - we then have the potential for further embarrasment when this photo is dragged up from the archives to illustrate any future 'Sarah is broke again' coverage, and yet again her daughters are going to be dragged into the spotlight once more, as will Harry this time.

I don't want to cause offence, but I really think that Sarah should accept that her time in the spotlight should be at an end.

Alex

Last edited:
Oh, come ON! They look like they're just goofing around. I see nothing "desperate" about it.
Yes, goofing around. Making funny faces and she's how old? I'm sure you think it's all fun and games and you are very much entitled to give her the benefit of the doubt, however I see it as business as usual for Sarah to garner some attention and the spot light for something, anything that will make her some money.
Harsh, I know, however Sarah has used all her "Get out of Jail Free" cards with me and I haven't any patience for the woman anymore. It galls me that she is a reflection on the BRF. And there are those who say "But she's not a member" and I say, "Look whose company she's in???"

:previous:
:previous:

Absolutely agree with the above two posts. I know it's the DM but even the title of the article re Sarah asking for money again harks back to her previous behavior. She is an adult, she needs to start acting like one and not some silly girl at/from school mugging for the camera. The only royals there were the YOUNG royals. One has to wonder how she came to be there. IMO, yet again she is hanging on for dear life to her daughters and honestly I thought both girls looked more at ease and sparkly in the pictures from the other day having to do with F Mercury than they did at this event. Of course, I have no way of knowing but it just looks to me like she drags the girls down, if for no other reason than they may be wondering what kind reporting will show up next. She needs to release them and stand on her own two feet, IMO. They are her daughters, they are not going to say NO to her because they are kind young women.

I don't think that mugging for the camera suits a 50-year-old woman. If she were simply carrying on with the others, that would be one thing; but she's looking right at the camera and wearing a "look at me" face. Beatrice and Eugenie are more dignified ladies.

No, the problem I have with Sarah appearing alongside the Princesses and Prince Harry is that to me it all smacks of Sarah 'trying to get in on the royal act' yet again.

My opinion - and I must make it clear that it is only my opinion - is that the best chance that Beatrice and Eugenie have of establishing some sort of royal role - which DOES appear to be a possibility still on the basis of what BP have said with regard to Beatrice's plans post graduation, despite remarks attributed to Prince Charles suggesting that he plans to 'slim' down the BRF when he is king - is to leave poor old Sarah behind when they are out on 'official' appearances such as this one. I am sorry to sound cruel, because I do of course accept that Sarah will always have a role as their mother and that she loves them deeply. And it does seem that Children in Crisis is to be a beneficiary of some of the fundraising. But Sarag is NO longer a member of the BRF and has not been for many years. I think that the time now is for Sarah to fade into the background after all the recent scandals. I can just imagine the scene round the Balmoral Breakfast table when Prince Philip spies the photo of his adored grandchildren Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie..........and then spots Fergie there too. Charles did not attend; why does Sarah keep on turning up, other than to keep her face in the frame yet again.

There is another thing that still worries me: how is Sarah's financial situation? If she is still finding it hard to acquire money - and I rather fear that the money from Oprah and the book is not going to last that long - we then have the potential for further embarrasment when this photo is dragged up from the archives to illustrate any future 'Sarah is broke again' coverage, and yet again her daughters are going to be dragged into the spotlight once more, as will Harry this time.

I don't want to cause offence, but I really think that Sarah should accept that her time in the spotlight should be at an end.

Alex

I didn't see any pictures of Harry w/ either of the York girls or their mother - did I miss some? If this is true, then the fact that they attended the same event, but were not together should spare Harry any future mud from Sarah's misdeeds, IMO.
I agree, Diarist, that it would help the Princesses ease more gracefully (shall we say) into an adult and welcomed role w/ their father's family if their mother was gracious enough to recognize that the public wants to see them and not her, and that they are old enough now to start to fulfill adult responsibilities w/out her.
Indeed, I found it interesting that the Prince and the Princesses where not photographed together and assumed this was because they were there at different times or because Harry chose not to be associated with Sarah. I have read her statement that she had not spoken to either of the Wales Princes for several years.
In looking at the pictures of Sarah with Beatrice at her graduation and again Sarah w/ both girls at the trading floor benefit - I noticed that Sarah had thrust her body in front of Beatrice for the posed photograph in both cases - if there's any truth to the adage that a picture is worth a thousand words, then Sarah seems to be thrusting herself front and center seeking attention while obscuring her daughter - interesting.

Not sure if Harry was photographed or not with his cousins and Sarah. The point I was making that Sarah was present at an event that Harry also attended; perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie and Sarah were there at different times, but as it was the same event, it was only a matter of degree in my opinion.

It is not really relevent to say so, but I am reminded sometimes of how, when the children were young, Sarah was frequently jetting off without them [holidaying and in pursuit of other men from memory]. And now, when the girls are almost grown up, Sarah seems around more than ever.

Alex

Last edited:
And, oh dear, Sarah is 'participating' too!!

In my humble opinion, I don't think it helps that she tags along whenever her daughters do something. Although, to be fair, we do not know whether Sarah was included in the invitation............ I just wish that she would let the girls do things on their own....

I agree; I also agree that having Sarah constantly hanging around is damaging Andrew's efforts to have the girlsrepresenting the RF at events. Sarah's a regular millstone round her daughters' necks, and she ought to realize it and back off a bit!

Sorry but Fergie looks desperate
I am no psychologist but I dont expect this mother daughter relationsship as easy as it seems and will only get worse in the future, when the attention is going to shift from mother to own family.

Psychology is not my field, either - but as they say - you don't have to be a dentist to know rotting teeth when you see them!:D

Seriously though, after seeing the OWN show and the way Beatrice "mothers her mother" - I don't think it is even now a completely healthy relationship nor an easy one at least from the points of view of the young ladies. (Not to leave out Eugenie: She looked as though she wanted to be anywhere except on camera with Oprah's crew following her as she cried, and her mother didn't put her hand up and stop the cameras as I believe she should have.)
Beatrice telling Sarah that now she (Bea) won't have to be as concerned that Sarah won't be able to cope when Bea isn't around just made me think significant parts of their relationship are upside-down. Sarah should be protective of Beatrice, not vice versa, similar to how she should have shielded Eugenie from the OWN cameras when Eugenie burst into tears and kept turning her face away from the cameras; instead Sarah told her that all was well.

Nobody needs a recap of the OWN fiasco, but I did want to cite some examples of why I see a currently unhealthy relationship between mother and daughters. I do not doubt there is great love between them nor do I think Sarah was a bad mother, but they are young adults now and need to go places on their own instead of being mummy's ticket to events, etc. When they do marry, I expect Sarah will make the absolute most of the weddings to put it mildly. I don't think she will go for a Zara style affair; these granddaughters of the Queen will be embarrassed as they'll have to deal with their mum expecting glass coaches and the Abbey, with the mother of the bride exuberantly in the front row with the rest of the BRF, holding hands with Andrew. :bang:

Oh, I just had a mean thought; if one or both girls have a balcony appearance at BP, I can just picture Sarah getting Andrew to reprise their own wedding day kiss. The horror! :ohmy:

Last edited:
I had the same thoughts as you Diarist as soon as I saw Harry was there as well I thought oops! Seems like it was different times which I don't think was a mistake. Sarah just looks like a hanger on most of the people who did this were young etc Sarah stood out because of her silly behaviour her pulling faces has always annoyed me. For a fifty year old woman who has been in the public eye for as long as she has you would expect a little decorum what is cute when you are in your early twenties is a lot different then when you are in your early fifties. I really think if BP thinks Sarah is going to tag along to any public duties they want to give the girls they will simply will not do it. It is time for the girls to shine and learn things on their own. You don't see Charles with William or Harry hanging on to them. They have been doing duties by themselves for years now. BP may want to give Bea and Eugenie a role but they may have to be very vocal in the fact their mother is not welcome at any of these duties. I do think it is part of the reason BP is being very careful about the role the girls may play in the future. I think Andrew and Sarah both want the girls to be part of the firm but Charles isn't so keen. Also the cost would be something they would think about, the girls will need to be careful about any spending because like it or not they will be watched. I agree about the weddings too I think Sarah is going to want the whole royal treatment. Look at Bea's 18th it was hugely expensive and it got taken over from the party planner Sarah hired. Clearly it would have been way over budget if Sarah had free reign. I think they will need to give a budget for any wedding because Sarah would go over the top. I don't think she can help herself! Sarah needs to stop showing up with the girls it really does look pathetic and in the end it could cost them a career within the RF. The girls also need to start saying no to her! Sarah would make a meal out of any wedding and it would no doubt end up in some sort of paycheck for her.

Psychology is not my field, either - but as they say - . When they do marry, I expect Sarah will make the absolute most of the weddings to put it mildly. I don't think she will go for a Zara style affair; these granddaughters of the Queen will have their mum expecting glass coaches and the Abbey, with the mother of the bride exuberantly in the front row with the rest of the BRF, holding hands with Andrew. :bang:

Oh, I just had a mean thought; if one or both girls have a balcony appearance at BP, I can just picture Sarah getting Andrew to reprise their own wedding day kiss. The horror! :ohmy:

I just have to LOL to all of this because it's exactly how I see things going and I think Her Majesty is simply bracing herself for the inevitable.

Sarah does need to back off from the spotlight, it isn't hers anymore and she'd benefit from being dignified, in the background, in nice clothes, nice jewels and a quieter life. In actual fact, Sarah doesn't NEED money. Suze Orman pointed that out in the OWN 'Finding Sarah'...Sarah only wants money and wants to live a lavish lifestyle that is beyond what Prince Andrew can afford.

And yet, I also think Sarah isn't quite that stupid and is starting to see the writing on the wall that she's past it.

I am literally on the edge of my seat for both York weddings.

Omg, LOL! I can see that happening! Balcony or no balcony.

I wonder if Harry and the Palace knew the York sisters and their mother were even attending. The Palace arranged Harry's appearance, but Sarah arranged her appearance with her daughters. I imagine the duel agendas and Sarah popping up at events/appearances with Harry/Kate/William could raise some conflicts in the future. Imo, there's been a clear effort on the part of William/Harry (or the BP) to maintain some distance.

Omg, LOL! I can see that happening! Balcony or no balcony.

I wonder if Harry and the Palace knew the York sisters and their mother were even attending. The Palace arranged Harry's appearance, but Sarah arranged her appearance with her daughters. I imagine the duel agendas and Sarah popping up at events/appearances with Harry/Kate/William could raise some conflicts in the future. Imo, there's been a clear effort on the part of William/Harry (or the BP) to maintain some distance.

I would say it's more BP's agenda, if there is one, to have Harry/William/Kate separate from Fergie.

Harry/William are said to like Fergie, there was MUCH conjecture in the British Press about William insisting that Sarah be invited (Source: Prince William invites royal outcast Sarah Ferguson to his wedding to Kate Middleton | Mail Online) and how his insistence was rejected.

At the 2007 Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Concert, Sarah had a seat in the very section occupied by William and Harry. She was the only member of that Royal Family era to attend the concert. Now, that could be that none of the others (Anne, Edward, Andrew, Sophie, Charles etc) thought it appropriate to go or they weren't invited. Either way, Sarah was there with her nephews.

I don't think there's any acrimony between the Wales' and Sarah. Prince Charles attended her father's funeral, everyone forgets that one. As well, Kitty Kelley's controversial 'The Royals' paints an interesting portrait of Sarah and Charles...one in which Sarah, Diana's confidant, could see how dedicated a father Charles was and how Diana played to the sympathies of her children in such a way that Charles did not. Essentially, Sarah was more objective about Charles than it's commonly believed.

I just have to LOL to all of this because it's exactly how I see things going and I think Her Majesty is simply bracing herself for the inevitable.

Sarah does need to back off from the spotlight, it isn't hers anymore and she'd benefit from being dignified, in the background, in nice clothes, nice jewels and a quieter life. In actual fact, Sarah doesn't NEED money. Suze Orman pointed that out in the OWN 'Finding Sarah'...Sarah only wants money and wants to live a lavish lifestyle that is beyond what Prince Andrew can afford.

And yet, I also think Sarah isn't quite that stupid and is starting to see the writing on the wall that she's past it.

I am literally on the edge of my seat for both York weddings.

So good to know I'm not the only one looking "forward" to both York weddings with a mixture of horror and loads of laughter. I do feel sorry for those two young Princesses, though. I'm sure they're both quite nice young ladies and they do the BRF proud, with the exception of certain choices in headgear.:ROFLMAO:

Left to their own devices, I don't doubt they'd want quiet (by Royal standards) weddings. Poor Beatrice will probably carry her mobile down the aisle in case it rings with more bad news she'll need to break to her mother when they sign the Register. I get the impression somehow though, that Eugenie is more than capable of holding her own and will be the daughter to break away earlier and more thoroughly than Beatrice. Bea's soft heart is written all over her pretty face while Eugenie's beauty is more reminiscent of the late Queen Mother; lovely with a layer of steel beneath the velvet; I don't think that one suffers fools gladly.

In all seriousness, (and I know I keep making this point:ermm:) I do feel terribly bad for Prince Andrew. He's been divorced for fifteen years from a woman who - cheated on him publicly, sold her story to the highest bidder twice, did a six hour Oprah special and unfortunately I could continue in this vein for quite some paragraphs without even mentioning her attempt to sell access to him for hundreds of thousands of pounds, which ultimately cost him his job - and she's still living in his house with him referring to her as his third child! He deserved a clean break and a chance to rebuild his life and to have more children, had he been so inclined. No woman alive would marry a man so entwined with an infamous first wife who takes every opportunity to shout her love for him on TV and radio and in magazines and newspapers, averring all the time that she made a mistake in divorcing him and pronouncing his love for her, as well. Not even marriage to a British Prince would entice any sane lady to tie the knot under these circumstances and it makes me both sad and angry for him. He has been a consummate gentleman throughout this whole sordid mess and has shown true class, compassion, forgiveness and has never spoken a word about Sarah, except in her support.

No matter the title he has from birth, Andrew has shown himself to be a true Royal Prince in every sense of the word - by his behaviour and his character. I do very much hope he will have a wonderful middle age and that he will find personal happiness in his own right, especially after both daughters have left home. He really deserves someone to love and look after him with as much love and care as he has shown his family.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I would say it's more BP's agenda, if there is one, to have Harry/William/Kate separate from Fergie.

Harry/William are said to like Fergie, there was MUCH conjecture in the British Press about William insisting that Sarah be invited (Source: Prince William invites royal outcast Sarah Ferguson to his wedding to Kate Middleton | Mail Online) and how his insistence was rejected.

At the 2007 Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Concert, Sarah had a seat in the very section occupied by William and Harry. She was the only member of that Royal Family era to attend the concert. Now, that could be that none of the others (Anne, Edward, Andrew, Sophie, Charles etc) thought it appropriate to go or they weren't invited. Either way, Sarah was there with her nephews.

I don't think there's any acrimony between the Wales' and Sarah. Prince Charles attended her father's funeral, everyone forgets that one. As well, Kitty Kelley's controversial 'The Royals' paints an interesting portrait of Sarah and Charles...one in which Sarah, Diana's confidant, could see how dedicated a father Charles was and how Diana played to the sympathies of her children in such a way that Charles did not. Essentially, Sarah was more objective about Charles than it's commonly believed.

Sarah recently said that she hadn't spoken to William or Harry in about 14 years. So... :question:

I agree; I also agree that having Sarah constantly hanging around is damaging Andrew's efforts to have the girlsrepresenting the RF at events. Sarah's a regular millstone round her daughters' necks, and she ought to realize it and back off a bit!

Completely agree, Fergie is kind of a mother hen, but in a very negative way, kind of grasping and clutching onto her daughters - the world where she thinks she is still part of - out of her own desperation not to let go the standing that comes with it.

Aliza - completely agree with your scenario. Fergie will be the embarrassing mother of the bride who thinks the event is all about HER and that her daughter's future life will continue to be all about HER with a potential to ruin her daughter's married life & family because she cant step back. Fergie is the type of mother who thinks that she continues to be part of the core family, what is wrong, since a new core family would be Bea or Eugenie, her husband & children. I can already see Fergie giving her daughters a headache when comes to discussions with their husbands about the ever-present influencing MIL and not wanting to hurt their mother but having to cut her back.

Bea & Eugenie will have a hell of an emancipation process ahead of them, and I can only hope for their own sake and life that they go through with it.

Personally, I have always had my doubts about whether William 'insisted' that Sarah was invited to the wedding. I certainly concede that the 'story' made the tabloids, but to me that is not evidence of very much! I believe that William and Harry have not seen Sarah for some years; the figure of 14 years has been given by a forum member here, and although I do not know whether or not it is true, I wouldn't necessarily dispute it. For a start, I don't really know when and where Sarah would have met William and Harry in recent years. They certainly don't move in the same circles: Sarah is way over the 'Bouji's ' generation and she certainly doesn't move in adult royal circles!

Don't foget, too, how William and Catherine tried to make their nuptuals more of a 'family' wedding and less of an 'obligation occasion'. BP was always at pains to point out that William and Catherine's wedding was not something in the nature of a state occasion, and therefore the focus on the invitees would be that they were either friends of the couple and their families etc. or were people who had some connection with the organisations and charities supported by the young couple. Pehaps if William and Catherine had had a different type of wedding, an 'obligation' wedding, then perhaps Sarah could still have been invited, but I am sorry, I still cannot see how they would have got round the Prince Philip issue. It's a very faint 'perhaps'.

Knowing how the tabloids [and to be fair, some of the other sections of the press operate!] the story about 'insisting' could well be the work of someone with an 'agenda'! For a start, the Mail story could be a bit of 'creative licence', an intelligent guess if you like. Papers do this type of thing, particularly if there is a 'slow royal news day'. Then if, in due course, Sarah does receive an invitation, then the 'guess' has 'come off'; if she doesn't, then there is the possibility of it leading to another story ' Fergie now banned from Wedding of the year'. Which again would enable yet more column inches to be filled with Fake Sheikhs, near-bankrupcty and the like.

I am sure that if Prince William really 'insisted', then the invitation would have been issued. But plain logic tells me that there was never any chance of an invitation. Where would Sarah have sat? She could hardly have set with her daughters along with the BRF. Prince Philip would have gone apoplectic! And if she had been placed in the main body of the Church [in other words, 'the other side of the screen', where all the 'we had to invite them but they were not really our friends' invitees were all stationed: the Beckams et al. Yet think of the controversy that would have caused: 'Fergie not allowed to sit with her daughters'.

Seating arrangements aside, Sarah's mere presence at the wedding would surely have been an unwelcome diversion: focusing some of the attention from the bride and bridegroom to Sarah, as well as giving the press yet another opportunity to focus on her many perceived wrongdoings... Even if the Fake Sheikh did not make an appearance in the article, there would still have been rich royal pickings: 'Banned from the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot, Sarah never the less makes it back into the heart of the Royal Establishment'.. etc etc etc

And that is even before we get to the sort of attention-seeking outfit that Sarah might have worn. 'Mother and daughter in join York Millinery disaster':) You all get the picture.

No, in my very humble opinon there was NEVER any real possibility that William insisted that Sarah be invited. If the tabloids didn't think up the story, perhaps Sarah did? Who knows?

Just my thoughts and not meant to offend

Alex

PS - not really sure where this should be posted. As with all things Fergie, it is something of a hybrid. Perhaps Zonk will kindly move it somewhere if it felt to be insufficiently about York family matters... Thanks.

Last edited:
Personally, I have always had my doubts about whether William 'insisted' that Sarah was invited to the wedding. I certainly concede that the 'story' made the tabloids, but to me that is not evidence of very much! I believe that William and Harry have not seen Sarah for some years; the figure of 14 years has been given by a forum member here, and although I do not know whether or not it is true, I wouldn't necessarily dispute it. For a start, I don't really know when and where Sarah would have met William and Harry in recent years. They certainly don't move in the same circles: Sarah is way over the 'Bouji's ' generation and she certainly doesn't move in adult royal circles!

From what I've read about William, I would be very surprised indeed if he liked Fergie! It's said that tigers breed true, and although William does show evidence of Diana's influence, imo he is very much a Windsor! I wouldn't be amazed to learn that he detests Fergie almost as much as his grandfather does.

Fergie has not physically done anything to William, so I do think there is no founded reason for any form of dislike. In any case, William grew up largely without Fergie being part of the BRF, so I doubt if any form of dislike could have developed anyway. As far as the wedding is concerned, I think, William being William, wanted to do the "right" thing and invite Fergie. However the only ties that she still has to the BRF is that she is the mother of Beatrice and Eugenie. There is no longer any form of close connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom