York Family News and Pictures 1: September 2003-September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, it is a matter of record that several close friends of Diana's, who were very much part of William's early life as well [ I can immediately think of Lady Annabel Goldsmith (who Diana used to visit most weekends with William and Harry for Sunday lunch), Lucia Flecha de Lima, Diana's very close friend and confdante] were not invited to the wedding. I am sure that if the guest list had been about 'doing the right thing', then they would have received what I will call 'obligation invitations' if you see what I mean. But they didn't. And I put Sarah's invitation in the 'obligation' rather than 'friends and family' category.

I only know what I have heard over the years, and this counts really only as 'polo talk', but people often say that after the early years of Sarah's marriage, Diana was not always that close to Sarah. I've even been told - whether it is true or not is another matter - that Diana was quite astute sometimes about Fergie's possibly 'bad' influence on the monarchy, and this was apparently why, at times, Diana sought to distance herself from Sarah. Some people seem to take the view that Diana was 'anti-monarchy', citing in support Diana's various acts of duplicity [Andrew Morton Book, Panorama etc]. Fair enough. But I am pretty sure that in many ways Diana was a supporter of the institution of monarchy- after all, she seemed to place great value on the fact that William was going to be king, and therefore did take various appropriate steps to ensure that he was well prepared - and that Harry was brought up carefully to ensure that he felt no less advantaged, no less loved etc. I am sure that at times Diana saw the real danger that Sarah could have posed to the monarchy, which could perhaps have led to a greater questioning of whether William could still succeed as King, and I therefore speculate that her apparent distancing of Sarah on just these occasions would have impacted on William's perceptions of Sarah as well.

It's this sort of distancing that I find myself thinking about when considering how Harry apparently -and astutely - kept his distance from Sarah and perhaps Beatrice and Eugenie as well [as the York females seemed to be a complete packgage on this occasion] during the City fundraising trading day. Common sense and sense of family would have suggested to me that he would have spent a little time with his cousins if their mother had not been there.

Alex

just my thoughts, and as ever, not meant to offend.

Last edited:
Sarah is the mother of two of the Queen's grand daughters and still a close friend with her former husband the Duke of York. All this speculation that she should be banished forever to a life in obscurity is just not going to happen. She belongs to a close knit family and she will stay there. She definitively has some judgement challenges but the family just accepts it. She is a prominent figure in her childrens lives and will stay that way. She is their mother, not their business partner.

There are many royals that have shown much more severe lack of judgement with far more damaging results than Sarah. Perhaps it is time to get another whipping post. Sarah is here to stay and if that bother anyone better perhaps to get another hobby.

There are many royals that have shown much more severe lack of judgement with far more damaging results than Sarah.

I wonder who you are talking about here? I can surely remember some who strayed early on from their marriage but I don't remember one who allowed his or her children to be eyewitness to it.And this was just the beginning with Sarah.. So I'm honestly curious to get an idea of who you are talking about.

I might as well throw in my two cents. I have an almost 21 year old daughter that I adore, but if I was to be hanging all over her at every photo opportunity, I think she would be horrified. :ROFLMAO:

Sarah is the mother of two of the Queen's grand daughters and still a close friend with her former husband the Duke of York. All this speculation that she should be banished forever to a life in obscurity is just not going to happen. She belongs to a close knit family and she will stay there. She definitively has some judgement challenges but the family just accepts it. She is a prominent figure in her childrens lives and will stay that way. She is their mother, not their business partner.

There are many royals that have shown much more severe lack of judgement with far more damaging results than Sarah. Perhaps it is time to get another whipping post. Sarah is here to stay and if that bother anyone better perhaps to get another hobby.

Well said.

Every family has a black sheep; families do overlook members who behave badly. Sarah Ferguson has no official role within the Royal Family but she will always be family to Beatrice and Eugenie.
Sarah is no threat. Her stupid choices are all hers and do not reflect badly on her girls nor the Royal Family in general.
Andrew and Sarah have a close bond with their daughters and I can't see any of them wanting to change that. Short of Sarah wearing a burqa, there will always be photos of her going about her life, sometimes in the same frame as Beatrice and Eugenie. Reality says that Sarah is here to stay.
It is true that other Royal Family members have shown a lack of judgement over the decades. Exactly who/what/where and how severe could be a topic for a book of many chapters ... which we would all read.
Ten wrongs don't make a right.
None of it changes Sarah's silly decisions in the past. She's likely to make more in the future and we are likely to hear about it.
The press won't change it's spots.

"Short of Sarah wearing a burqa, there will always be photos of her going about her life, sometimes in the same frame as Beatrice and Eugenie. Reality says that Sarah is here to stay."

I have no problem with Sarah getting on with her life, I just see no evidence of it. She seems to think it is still 1986-1992 when she was a member of the BRF. Well it is 2011, the world has moved on and passed her by, and she should not be accompanying her grown up daughters out and about all the time. It feeds her need for attention If the girls have any wish/hope to be working members of the BRF, even on a part time basis, the best thing they could do would be to tell mommy to stay home. They can see her all they want privately, at Royal Lodge or elsewhere, but at public events it is in their best interests not to be linked so closely in the public mind with their mother.

Sarah is no threat. Her stupid choices are all hers and do not reflect badly on her girls nor the Royal Family in general.
I beg to differ as she drags the rest of the Yorks into any mess she makes. However, Russo needs to keep this thread on task which is about the Yorks news, etc. And Russo hasn't any new news to report.

I wonder who you are talking about here? I can surely remember some who strayed early on from their marriage but I don't remember one who allowed his or her children to be eyewitness to it.And this was just the beginning with Sarah.. So I'm honestly curious to get an idea of who you are talking about.

Her sister-in-law for one cheated within the first 5 years of the marriage - and admitted it.

She also took her sons to his house where she went upstairs and they were entertained by his mother downstairs (or at least in another room).

So I can think of one who strayed.

But this one also went on to publicly denounce her husband and to try to destroy him - something Sarah has never done - she might have contributed accidentally to damaging her husband but it was never done deliberately or maliciously as her late sister-in-law did.

Diana cheated after Charles did that is a known fact. Camilla was very much a part of the marriage from the beginning. This is something Sarah never had to deal with. Andrew loved and adored her Sarah cheated on Andrew with a very wealthy man while she was pregnant with Andrews child and flaunted it. Then she goes off on holiday with another man with his two children and gets photographed topless and having her toes sucked! The pictures show up when she is on holiday with his family. Are you kidding me, she didn't do Andrew any damage and if she did it was an accident? On what planet is any of that ok and not harmful to your spouse. Andrew was a very good looking young man and Sarah was never that attractive but she was and is very greedy. She wanted a jet setting lifestyle and she went after it. You don't think her behaviour has hurt Andrew and the girls? She just cost him his job, she lives in his house and his name get's linked with hers whenever she stuffs up which is more often then not. Don't tell me Andrew wasn't hurt when Sarah chose to break her marriage vows for a richer man and she made a fool out of Andrew more then once. Just because Andrew has been a gentlemen and never said anything doesn't mean what she has done is ok with him. He divorced her if he really wanted to keep her around as his wife I think he could off. But Sarah didn't want to stay she didn't like working and thought the grass was greener. Sarah has said bad things about Andrew he is boring, he is bad in bed just a couple of little gems Sarah said when she had the money and didn't need Andrew around. You can't compere what Diana went through with Sarah at all! What's worse is that Sarah will continue to cause pain to her close knit family which by the way for many years wasn't so close knit when Sarah was jetting off with her boyfriends and leaving the girls at home. It's only been recently when Sarah has realised how she can get attention hanging around with the girls that she can't get by herself anymore that the family seems to have become so much closer. If Sarah met someone new who could give her the lifestyle she thinks she deserves and she could get the attention then she would have no problems leaving the girls alone just like she did when they were growing up.

Let's not revist the breakdown of the York family or the Charles/Diana marriage.

Sarah will always have supporters as well as detractors. William was, is, and probably always will be the golden boy of the BRF. IMO the tabloid story is designed to put William in the best light: he wished to invite Sarah, but was overruled! Bottom line, she wasn't there. Everyone is satisfied, no blame accrues to William, and he doesn't have to put up with her.

Once again...let's move on.

Off topic posts that have nothing to do with the York have been deleted. This thread is about the York family. Not William...not Catherine...not Diana.

The Yorks.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
Maybe this will help out?

What exactly is Eugenie studying and when will she be graduating? Mom asked me the other day when talking about Beatrice and her acheivements on graduating from Goldsmiths, but I hadn't a clue.

Thanks in advance!! :eek:)

I don't know exactly which degree Eugenie is studying for, but I have read that her primary interest is politics. (That would make an interesting career for a princess!)

Tiggersk8 said:
Maybe this will help out?

What exactly is Eugenie studying and when will she be graduating? Mom asked me the other day when talking about Beatrice and her acheivements on graduating from Goldsmiths, but I hadn't a clue.

Thanks in advance!! :eek:)

Eugenie began studying Combined Honours BA at Newcastle University in September 2009, combining Art History, English Literature and Politics.

She'll graduate next year.

Eugenie began studying Combined Honours BA at Newcastle University in September 2009, combining Art History, English Literature and Politics.

She'll graduate next year.

So it is a 3 year program? Because in Canada most BA degrees are 4 years. I can't remember if Beatrice's was 3 or 4 years...

rmay286 said:
So it is a 3 year program? Because in Canada most BA degrees are 4 years. I can't remember if Beatrice's was 3 or 4 years...

Most BA Degrees in this country are 3. Except for medicine, some Oxbridge courses and possibly child related studies. Also you can elect to do your course part time which makes it a 5 year course. And Beatrice studied for 3 years.

Last edited:
What exactly is going on with the shoulders off Eugenies dress? Are they tiered because it so unflattering in fact the whole dress doesn't look good at all. The neck is too high and I don't know what the material is but it makes her look so much bigger then I have seen her. Beatrice's dress is pretty but I think a little too casual compared to what everyone else wore which seemed so much more sophisticated. Does Beatrice have her ears pierced? I notice she isn't wearing any and I think I've noticed it before. Lucky for both of them neither wore red!

I'm probably in the minority, but I like Beatrice's dress and think that the shoes are quite nice with it. I know that the dress isn't sleek and sophisticated, but there's something about Beatrice that's always struck me as being natural and unpretentious; this dress reflects that attitude.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like Beatrice's dress and think that the shoes are quite nice with it. I know that the dress isn't sleek and sophisticated, but there's something about Beatrice that's always struck me as being natural and unpretentious; this dress reflects that attitude.
I like it too, however Russo thinks it a might dipping too much in front. The color and the pattern of the dress really flatter Princess Beatrice, IMO.
Eug looks huge, IMO. Sorry to say. Black is NOT slimming for that poor girl.

Yes, B.'s dress is very low-cut, which isn't a style that I like on anyone, really. But in spite of that, she's not hanging out of it.;) Agreed on Eugenie's dress. That dress really isn't flattering, because lately Eugenie was looking like she'd taken off a bit of weight. She tends to wear her dresses too tight, I've noticed.

I like it too, however Russo thinks it a might dipping too much in front. The color and the pattern of the dress really flatter Princess Beatrice, IMO.
Eug looks huge, IMO. Sorry to say. Black is NOT slimming for that poor girl.

Both girls look great.

Beatrice has the romantic warm colourings to really suit that floral gown.
She can afford to be a little 'Lady of Shalott' in her style.

Eugenie is not model slim and that's fine by me.
She might always be an average woman, size wise.
I don't know why people are so rude as to always comment on her being what they feel is over weight. Would those people comment on their own daughter or niece in the same way?
The black dress has wonderful capped sleeves and she looks confident and happy.

I actually love Eugenie's curves but in that dress she looks far more more then curvy. So no it isn't a flattering dress for her figure and the neck is way too high and the shoulders are too heavy she just can't carry it off in my opinion. I'm not sure who would look good wearing that dress maybe someone older? It doesn't look like it's been fitted too her shape. Actually if my niece is dressed in something that makes her look bad and doesn't do her any justice or is just inappropriate (top too low, skirt way too high) then yes I do comment about it and she appreciates my honesty. Eugenie always looks confident and happy no matter what she is wearing anyway.

I actually love Eugenie's curves but in that dress she looks far more more then curvy. So no it isn't a flattering dress for her figure and the neck is way too high and the shoulders are too heavy she just can't carry it off in my opinion. I'm not sure who would look good wearing that dress maybe someone older? It doesn't look like it's been fitted too her shape. Actually if my niece is dressed in something that makes her look bad and doesn't do her any justice or is just inappropriate (top too low, skirt way too high) then yes I do comment about it and she appreciates my honesty. Eugenie always looks confident and happy no matter what she is wearing anyway.

I think we would all agree that there is a big difference in telling someone that an item of clothing is not appropriate (i.e. top too low, skirt too short) than telling them that they you think they are a bit over weight because their clothes are too tight. IMO that message needs to be conveyed a little more gently whether or not they appreciate your honesty. Something I deal with on a regular with my niece. Especially since she discounts my advice because her friends think it looks wonderful, cute or cool. I am apparently not hip (if I ever was) any more! So I think its hard for some kids to hear or listen to constructive criticism for their style of dress. They usually brush it off as something generational that you don't understand.

:previous:

Interesting to note that Eugenie is accompanying her father on one of his official engagements........... it is almost as if he is preparing her for a life that will include Royal Engagements, despite various sources claiming that Charles wants to 'slim down' the list of 'performing Royals' in due course, so as to exclude Andrew's children.........

Alex

:previous:

Interesting to note that Eugenie is accompanying her father on one of his official engagements........... it is almost as if he is preparing her for a life that will include Royal Engagements, despite various sources claiming that Charles wants to 'slim down' the list of 'performing Royals' in due course, so as to exclude Andrew's children.........

Alex

Is it me or does Eugenie go on more of these than Beatrice? Seems like whenever it's an engagement for Andrew and one of the girl's it's always Eugenie. A quick check of Beatrice's zimbio shows a TON of pictures, especially when compared to her sister, but, aside from something with the teenage cancer trust and the Chelsea flower show, they're events like weddings, sports, clubbing and fashion shows.

Last edited:
I thought Eugenie had gone back to school? Andrew took Beatrice on a trip overseas I think last year but it wasn't for a charity it was in his role as trade representative. Maybe Andrew is trying to show the girls would do well? He has said he would like them to take some of the load of him. But it is really up to Charles he will be the one paying their bills. Not sure why Bea didn't go she hasn't a job and has said she wants to do charity work and if Andrew wanted to encourage Charles then I would think it's Bea who needs to show her skills more at this stage then Eugenie who has a few more years at school left. It is nice to see them together though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom