Viscount and Viscountess Linley and Family News 2: April 2008-January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the article!
Princess Margaret was a stunning lady.

Last edited:

Lord and Lady Linley hosted a dinner party for the champagne house Ruinhart
at Lord Linley's furniture store in London shortly before Christmas:

** Pic **

A belated addition from December:

Lord and Lady Linley at the launch of Christy Powell's book 'News from the Nail Bar'
at Beaufort House in London on December 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

^^ Serena is very well dressed, IMO.

The pic with the Viscount is funny

Serena is such a pretty woman, IMO. The second pic of Lord Linley is indeed very funny. Nice to see a more lighter side of him (I'm actually not very fond of him).

The Queen turns a page for Viscount Linley's son - Telegraph

Charles Armstrong-Jones, the son of Viscount Linley, has been appointed by the Queen to be her Page of Honour.

Viscount Linley’s daughter, Margarita Armstrong-Jones, was thrilled to be chosen as one of Kate Middleton’s four bridesmaids at the royal wedding. Lord Linley’s son, Charles, could, however, be forgiven for having felt disappointed that he was not one of her two pageboys.

Happily...Linley’s aunt, the Queen, has stepped in to appoint the 12-year-old Charles to be her Page of Honour. “Charles never made a fuss about not being made a pageboy, but the Queen was keen to ensure that he did not feel left out,” says a courtier. “She is very fond of Princess Margaret’s grandchildren.”

Charles, who becomes a teenager in July, will succeed Jack Soames as the Queen’s first Page of Honour. Soames has held the position since 2008. The ceremonial role involves holding the long train of the Queen’s dress on formal occasions such as the State Opening of Parliament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Linley has attended The Faberge Big Egg Hunt Grand Auction at the Royal Courts of Justice,
Strand in London on March 20, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Lord Linley attended a private view of French shoe designer Christian Louboutin's exhibition
at The Design Museum in London on April 30, 2012.

** Pic **

For those who might be interested I just discovered that you can actually rent out the home that the Linleys own in Provence.It is called Chateau d'Autet.They have a great website so enjoy.

Great find, Marlene. It's indeed a great website and a great poperty

Chateau d'Autet is a serene place where one can relax and enjoy tranquility.

Viscountess Linley is elegantly chic. The suit she wore at the Royal Ascot seems to be Chanel.

She looks lovely but I think his hat is too small

Lord Linley attended the Cartier Style & Luxury Lunch at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Chichester on July 1, 2012
and posed for some nice group photos together with his sister, brother-in-law and nephews:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

They looked great at the races she lokks just gorgeous I totally loved her look very smart couple

Apparently, the Prince and Duchess of Cambridge are staying at the Linley's Chateau d'Autet. The press has touted this as a vacation home for the Linley's but in fact, you can book in there as well. Maids only come in for an hour or two and linen is changed only every four days. :)
See: Chateau D'Autet - a luxury holiday home and retreat in Provence

Do they own the Chateau then? It's beautiful. They are in a lot of the images, Serena is ever so pretty.

Edit: Never mind, read the history. They bought it in 1999. Wow, it is stunning. I want to gooooooo!

I agree totally stunning .. the pool is so beautiful OMG I nso need a holiday at present I could cry ...

I say we all book in together as a TRF group. :whistling:

Oooh. Great idea! Wouldnt that be briliant? I say we do it! Im sure there are TRF members who would love to do that. We just have to figure out who and when. I know we all have busy schedules but some of us could find time. Im in! The property is absolutely beautiful. What a treat that would be. :)

Is Anthony Armstrong-Jones at all involved with the royal family in any capacity? Does he still pursue photography as a career or is he retired by now?

I believe Lord Snowdon is retired or at least semi retired from his career as a photographer. I don't think his health is especially robust these days. From everything I have read I believe he remained on quite good terms with The Queen and especially The Queen Mother after his divorce from Princess Margaret.
His own personal life has had its complications. 2 marriages, 2 divorces and 2 children born out of wedlock. Not sure if he has a current companion.

NGalitzine said:
I believe Lord Snowdon is retired or at least semi retired from his career as a photographer. I don't think his health is especially robust these days. From everything I have read I believe he remained on quite good terms with The Queen and especially The Queen Mother after his divorce from Princess Margaret.
His own personal life has had its complications. 2 marriages, 2 divorces and 2 children born out of wedlock. Not sure if he has a current companion.

Does Viscount Linley become Lord Snowdon upon his father's death?

Yes he will succeed his father as 2nd Earl of Snowdon, and his son Charles will become Viscount Linley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom