The Prince of Wales Current Events 8: January-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 8 of the thread to discuss the current events of the Prince of Wales.

Part 7 is here.

Obviously taken by one of the prats! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2007 will go down in the history books as one of the most difficult that agriculture in this country has ever faced.
It is true that, at last, milk prices are climbing and certainly many arable farmers have had a good year, but floods followed by foot-and-mouth, then the arrival of bluetongue and huge rises in feed prices have presented many farmers with unprecedented challenges.

The Prince of Wales - Speeches and Articles

Sorry if these were posted already. I just like these pics a lot. I haven't seen Prince Charles riding a horse in a long time. He looks very good. It looks like he was going at a nice gallop for awhile. :)
The caption says he went riding at Sandringham on 29 December.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Where was Camilla? :eek:Or had she decided to spend Boxing Day onwards with her own family & 3-month old Lola? No wonder Prince Charles was so grumpy with the press - no wife or sons to keep him company. He should h ave stuck to his usual Boxing Day to New Years practice of the last 10 years i.e. spent it with Camilla.

HRH: His Royal Hologram
January 21

He may not be known as the most modern of men, but his concern for the environment has catapulted the Prince of Wales straight into the 21st Century.

Prince Charles Delivers Virtual Speech As Hologram |Sky News|UK News

Charles to open colliery monument
January 21

The Prince of Wales will officially open a monument on the site of a former colliery.
Charles will be visiting the Barony 'A' Frame project near Auchinleck, East Ayrshire

The Press Association: Charles to open colliery monument

Last edited:
Good for him!
Cumnock Chronicle | and
BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow and West | 'Pit heid patter' memories wanted,
an old story but it shows a picture of the Barony A Frame.

Prince Charles becomes first Royal Hologram - Times Online

The Prince of Wales has made his first appearance as a hologram in a bid to reduce the royal carbon footprint, and silence critics who accuse him of failing to live by his green principles.

Environmental enthusiast Prince Charles has delivered a speech to a green energy conference in Abu Dhabi - as a hologram. He may not be known as the most modern of men, but the Prince of Wales' concern for the planet has catapulted him straight into the 21st Century.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the articles, Skydragon!:flowers:

The visit has been seen by many as crucial taking into account that Prince Charles is the future King of the United Kingdom to succeed his mother, Queen Elizabeth II.

The New Citizen Publications

The Duke of Rothesay has officially opened a monument on the site of a former colliery in East Ayrshire.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Charles opens colliery monument

Last edited:
Pics 21.1.2008

Here are three more pics from yesterday :flowers:

The Prince Charles meets members of the public during a visit to
open the Barony 'A' Frame project near Auchinleck, East Ayrshire.
The Barony 'A' Frame is the monument on the site of the former
colliery near Auchinleck.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thank you for the pics, iceflower!:flowers:

The Prince of Wales will tuck into mutton stew at a farm.
Charles will join supporters of the Mutton Renaissance Campaign at Grange Farm in Levisham, on the North Yorkshire Moors, as he tours the butchery preparation area.

The Press Association: Prince Charles visits Grange farm

Cambrian Mountains initiative launched to market local countryside’s attributes, with lamb at Co-ops in Wales for starters.

Prince’s perfect picture of Cambrian lamb - icWales

Thank you iceflower and milla Ca. :flowers:
I don't eat meat and when I smelt and then saw a Mutton dish being served up a short time ago, I was sooo glad that I am a vegetarian! :ROFLMAO: But to each his own! :flowers:

Thank you iceflower and milla Ca. :flowers:
I don't eat meat and when I smelt and then saw a Mutton dish being served up a short time ago, I was sooo glad that I am a vegetarian! :ROFLMAO: But to each his own! :flowers:

But there is a definite difference between mutton and lamb - while I love lamb, I turned vegetarian, too, for that course when I was offered a mutton dish in Scotland as part of a dinner. But I really enjoy a good haggis (this is a classical starter dish at the dinners on media trips organised for journalists to get a "glimpse of Scotland" or visits to Malt destilleries). I'm close to know the "Ode to a haggis" by heart by now.:ROFLMAO:

The worst thing that I had in Scotland was the lamb kidneys one morning at Culloden House Hotel which close to Inverness, because they had not been watered, so featured a certain "haut gout"... Brrr.... But the rest of the food there was lovely.

Prince´s perfect picture of Cambrian lamb
January 22

Cambrian Mountains initiative launched to market local countryside’s attributes, with lamb at Co-ops in Wales for starters.

Prince’s perfect picture of Cambrian lamb - icWales

That's interesting as we have such initiatives here in Bavaria as well. In one case about 30 gastronomers have formed a group which employs a shepheard to walk with his sheep the hills in a natural preservation area. In autumn, some sheep are butchered and the meat goes to the restaurants as part of their local speciality programme. I could sample several dishes and really, the taste of the meat was better than most lamb I had had before. So for gourmets meat like this surely is interesting and the prices the producers need will be payed if the quality is good.

Thanks for the articles and pictures everyone! :flowers:

Prince Charles with Farmer Philip Trevelyan Prince Charles Visiting Hill Top Farm in the North York Moors, North Yorkshire, Britain - 22 Jan 2008 Prince Charles, President, Business in the Community, on a Visit to Hill Top Farm in the North York Moors as Part of the 'Seeing is Believing' Programme.

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles is shown the Farm

Gallery of Pictures from ISIFA

Any news on Prince Charles' engagements in Eastern Cornwall on 24th January?

Any news on Prince Charles' engagements in Eastern Cornwall on 24th January?

I don´t read in his diary about duties in Cornwall the day you mentioned!:flowers:

Charles in record wait for throne
January 27

RINCE Charles today becomes Britain’s longest-serving king-in-waiting at 59 years and 74 days - surpassing the age of Edward VII when he succeeded Queen Victoria to the throne in 1901.

Charles in record wait for throne - Times Online

Prince plans ´memorial´ square
January 26

A "classical square" development of apartments and a market is to be built in the Prince of Wales's model village in memory of his grandmother.

The Press Association: Prince plans 'memorial' square

RINCE Charles today becomes Britain’s longest-serving king-in-waiting at 59 years and 74 days - surpassing the age of Edward VII when he succeeded Queen Victoria to the throne in 1901.

Charles in record wait for throne - Times Online
Thank you for the articles milla Ca. :flowers: I'm sure he is relieved that he is still reasonably free to work for the many causes that are close to his heart.
A "classical square" development of apartments and a market is to be built in the Prince of Wales's model village in memory of his grandmother.

The Press Association: Prince plans 'memorial' square
It sounds wonderful, lets hope this one, when built will not be filled in the evening by yobs, hanging about. :bang:

I don´t read in his diary about duties in Cornwall the day you mentioned!:flowers:

From the Daily Telegraph Court Circular, 25 January 2008

CLARENCE HOUSE
January 24th
The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall visted the Eastern District of the Duchy

From the Daily Telegraph Court Circular, 25 January 2008

CLARENCE HOUSE
January 24th
The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall visted the Eastern District of the Duchy

Thank you, Camsterlaird!:flowers: I haven´t read this.

Prince Charles´ Olympic-sized snub to China

The Prince made his decision known to campaigners for a free Tibet, who had been calling on him to show solidarity with those who believe the Games risk obscuring China's human rights record.

Prince Charles' Olympic-sized snub to China - Telegraph
Look at the headline and then read what it says, why am I surprised, we can't expect the facts to get in the way of a controversy invoking headline! :lol:
He gave no reason for his decision, and neither did he say whether he had received a formal invitation.
A spokeswoman for Clarence House said: "Visits abroad are taken on the advice of the Foreign Office. We wouldn't discuss in detail any request that has been made or not made." The Foreign Office said it was unable to comment, and no-one was available for comment at the Chinese embassy in London
.------------------
I read in the Daily Mail yesterday that Charles had an affair with Lady Tryon in the Eighties so it sort of belittles Camilla as his one great love. And before all the, "We hate the Daily Mail", brigade begin to protest, I have read about this affair several times over the years from various sources and believe it to be true.
As milla Ca has told you, nobody denies that Dale was one of Charles' girlfriends who then became just a close friend before he married Diana. Whether I am part of the 'hate the daily Mail brigade' or not, a link to the story would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Pic 28.1.2008

The Prince of Wales with the President of Sierra Leone Dr Ernest
Bai Koroma, and his wife Mrs Sia Koroma at Clarence House for a
private meeting during their three day visit to the UK, this afternoon.

----> Pic

It has been reported in a British newspaper that The Prince of Wales has “snubbed” China by declining an invitation to attend the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008.

Clarence House pointed out that The Prince of Wales had not been invited to attend the Games, and also explained that His Royal Highness has only ever attended the Olympics once, which was to Montreal in July 1976 to watch his sister The Princess Royal compete for Great Britain in Olympic Games equestrian events.

The Prince of Wales - The Beijing Olympics

Not really a snub, he's just not going. And he hasn't been an avid attender so it's understandable. A non issue. If King Constantine didn't go then perhaps one could call it a snub because HM seems to go every year wherever it is but I don't see the significance of Charles not going. Will they say Anne's snubbing the games? And she's an IOC member.

Pics 30.1.2008

The Prince of Wales, hosts a reception honouring public s
ector workers who have supported his charities, at Clarence
House, central London, 30 Jan 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thank you for the pictures of our happy smiling Prince, iceflower, it seems he can make most people smile. :flowers: Thank you for the latest news, milla Ca. I look forward to hearing what he says. :flowers:

Yes thanks iceflower,:flowers: how good to see him looking so happy and relaxed........it's the best he's looked in years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom