The Prince of Wales Current Events 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH the Prince of Wales visits Scarborough
14 September 2007
The Prince of Wales was in North Yorkshire today to visit the newly refurbished Rotunda Museum and St Catherine’s Hospice in Scarborough.
The Prince arrived at Scarborough station on the Royal Train, which has just been converted to bio-diesel fuel.
Read more
Source: Official website of the Prince of Wales

By far, this is the funniest part of the article, excerpt from the part about his subsequent visit to a local hospice:
"Sir Jimmy, who has known The Prince for 42 years, added: 'In case he had forgotten who I was I introduced myself today as Lord Lucan and, because he's got a terrific sense of humour, that was him finished for the next five minutes!'" I never tire of Lord Lucan jokes for some reason.
I am sorry, however, that North Yorkshire had a fresh outbreak of foot and mouth, which prevented the Prince from visiting some farms on the moors.

Great pics of Charles from today, both funny and touching:

Scarborough North Yorkshire 14 September 2007: HRH the Prince of
Wales visits Scarborough where he opens the newly refurbished Rotunda
Museum. He walked on the SPA bridge looking at the South Bay area and
the sea, later he also visited a hospice:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

Last edited:
Pics 15.9.2007

The Prince of Wales attends the Army Air Corps' golden jubilee:
The Prince of Wales attends the Army Air Corps' official 50th birthday
event at Middle Wallop, Stockbridge in Hampshire, 15 Sep 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

12 September 2007
HRH demonstrated to school children who visited his Duchy Home Farm at Highgrove how to guide a sheep. The act was part of his launch of the "Year of Food & Farming" campaign. --->Delightful picture from Insight royal magazine/Press Association

13 September 2007
Launching the ClimateWise Principles at the Park Plaza Riverbank London Hotel ---> The Wise Prince (same source)

14 September 2007
HRH became the first member of the royal family to use the newly converted biodiesel royal train, as he arrived in Scarborough, North Yorkshire for a couple of engagements. ---> Picture (precisely the same source) :)

Thank you for the nice pics iceflower and CasiraghiTrio!:flowers:

Feeling` groovy: Charles, the movie
Prince will do an Al Gore with ´harmony´ film

The Prince of Wales is in ´advanced negotiations´ with Hollywood film producers to make a movie in which he tell us how to lead our lives.

Feelin’ groovy: Charles, the movie - Times Online

Feeling` groovy: Charles, the movie
Prince will do an Al Gore with ´harmony´ film

The Prince of Wales is in ´advanced negotiations´ with Hollywood film producers to make a movie in which he tell us how to lead our lives.

Feelin’ groovy: Charles, the movie - Times Online
I think it could be interesting, also without the sarcasm of the two authors of The Times....

It will be brilliant. Al Gore's documentary is brilliant too. It's a great idea. The film will give him a chance to express his ideas and at the same time show people who is truly is: a thoughtful, caring, concerned citizen of the global environment.

An artistic scientist

For which we read jobseeker. Honestly, sliced bread sculpture indeed.

Ah, Robinson's toast to Charles is one point for "Charles the Baker"! :D
:chef: We had Charles recently baking bread, now he will actually have a likeness made of bread. It's two points down.

Last edited:
Can´t wait to see a pic of that sculpture....:eek: :D

It's awesome and wonderful that the Prince supports growing cannabis. It's a brilliant plant with numerous health benefits and really should be legal to grow. I'm convinced the only reason most governments don't want it legal is because they can't control and therefore tax it! It's too easy to grow indoors under the table. Greedy politicians! :bang:

I was just listening to the latest Prince of Wales podcast. During his visit to the Robert Clack School in Dagenham, on 22 August, he talked to students in an English class after listening to them read a bit of a play about Richard III. I found the following interesting.
He told students after the reading: "It's interesting. When you start reading it, it's quite complicated. Don't you find? But the more you look at it, and if you act it out, it helps hugely doesn't it? Suddenly it comes... comes alive a bit."
Then he asked the students if they "quite enjoyed it?" To which they all replied very much in the affirmative. He then asked, "Have you seen any of the films that have been made about Richard III?" The students then talked about the films they had seen and which ones they liked. The Prince recommended the film he thought was the best. "There's a really good one I think you ought to see," he said. "A docu-drama called Looking for Richard." Some students nodded and spoke up agreeing that Looking for Richard was excellent. The Prince repeated his approval of it, saying the film is "terrific stuff."

I just adore the way he speaks, his voice and his intonations and how he puts things, and I going to rent that film next chance I have!

He looks so handsome in his uniform; was HRH The Duchess of Cornwall not with him?

Is it me or does the Duchess of Northumberland look like Glenda Jackson?

I think it's just you, at least from those two photos. She looks more like Una Stubbs to me.

icNewcastle - Cheeky Charlie's dig in gardens
From the article:-

Aaron, 18, said: “I explained that rosemary in aromatherapy can cause a miscarriage, and told him rosemary in the garden means the woman is in charge of the household.
“Prince Charles replied ‘I have got lots of it in my garden’”.​

How is that construed as an insult, the saying is that 'it will only thrive if the woman is in charge of the household', so chaps, if there is only a sprig, get yourself a woman! :ROFLMAO:

Rosemary is also for remembrance, to drive away evil spirits and for safe passage over water.​

I found the article to be utterly pointless as it gave no real information. But the pictures are great! :)

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay must be at Birkhall as of today. Tomorrow they have a joint engagement in Ballater.
Source: Diary Entry, Monday, 24 September 2007
It is alleged that William is up there too with Kate at Tam-na-gar, which now I think of it (strange I didn't think of it before) must overlook Loch Nagar to have this name. Loch Nagar is said to be one of the favorite spots of Prince Charles. He has painted it and ages ago he wrote a children's story for his brothers about an "old man of Loch Nagar". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom