The Prince of Wales Current Events 3: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Prince of Wales current events thread part 3,
commencing November 2006

UKPrinceofWales.gif

Part 2, July-November 2006, can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will we see Charles III on the throne? Nov 14 2006
Prince Charles celebrates his 58th birthday today and he is still king-in-waiting

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/features/tm_headline=will-we-see-charles-iii-on-the-throne-&method=full&objectid=18091388&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Such an article made me feel low. I likes Prince Charles and expects him to be a good king one day. Prince Charles does have many shortcomings, but he have many good points in helping the people and doing his job. Against, I find so many royal watchers are quite against Charles in their thoughts. Such a sad thing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles' hopes of multi-faith coronation dashed by Church

Prince Charles' hopes of a multi-faith coronation suffered a blow when the Church of England asserted the historic importance of a solely Christian service when he becomes King.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23374527-details/Charles'+hopes+of+multi-faith+coronation+dashed+by+Church/article.do

As his Poundbury dream implodes, it never rains but it pours for Prince Charles

All appeared well yesterday in the village of Poundbury as the Prince of Wales led foreign dignitaries on a tour of his pet urban planning project.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article1984590.ece

Last edited:
Britain's Prince Charles made a speech at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London, late Thursday Nov. 16, 2006. Prince Charles toured an exhibition of naval paintings at the museum and officially opened the collection.

Prince Charles making a speech
Prince Charles points at a painting of Commodore Keppel - Does anyone know if Commodore Keppel has any connection with Camilla?

The death sentence for the British man, who was in a death row in Pakistan (Prince Charles made a plea to spare his life during his visit to Pakistan) was changed to life imprisonment. Prince Charles and Tony Blair have welcomed the decision.

Avalon said:
Does anyone know if Commodore Keppel has any connection with Camilla?

Commodore Keppel, later Admiral Augustus Keppel, 1. (and last) Viscount Keppel of Elvesden was a son of William Anne van Keppel, 2nd Earl of Albemarle. Camilla is a direct descendant of this 2nd. Earl, too, thus she is some sort of great-grand-niece of the late Admiral, whose picture was painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds in 1779.

Avalon said:
The death sentence for the British man, who was in a death row in Pakistan (Prince Charles made a plea to spare his life during his visit to Pakistan) was changed to life imprisonment. Prince Charles and Tony Blair have welcomed the decision.

He has now been freed from prison and is believed to be on his way back to the UK.
Well done Charles.

Jo of Palatine said:
Commodore Keppel, later Admiral Augustus Keppel, 1. (and last) Viscount Keppel of Elvesden was a son of William Anne van Keppel, 2nd Earl of Albemarle. Camilla is a direct descendant of this 2nd. Earl, too, thus she is some sort of great-grand-niece of the late Admiral, whose picture was painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds in 1779.
Thank you for the information, Jo! :flowers:
I thought they must be related through the Keppel line. So Prince Charles was thinking about Camilla even though she was not present. ;) :lol:

Last edited:
skydragon said:
He has now been freed from prison and is believed to be on his way back to the UK. Well done Charles.
I am happy for that man; he has now chance to re-start his life. I do think that Prince Charles had an influence over the decision. Probably a quiet chat with Musharraf was more effective then diplomatic dialogues.

SPARED: Brit's death sentence lifted after Prince Charles' plea
Prince Charles pleased Pakistan sparing Briton's life
Prince Charles Saves Life Of Pakistai Prisoner
Reprieved ... thanks to Charles
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006530497,00.html
Quote from the first article:
The role played by His Royal Highness was crucial after it was raised by the Daily Mirror.
"Although he is playing down his role in helping save my brother's life, I know how important it was behind the scenes. I cannot thank him and the Mirror enough."

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Prince Charles funds new center for Krakow Jews

The Krakow Jewish community gathered last week for a ceremony to mark the construction of a new Jewish Welfare and Community Center (JCC), an initiative of Prince Charles.

I am personally pleased to read it because I am great fan of Kazimierz area in Krakow - it is very beatiful place. Well done Charles :flowers:

£65K AID FOR SAVING ALBATROSS

A Plea by Prince Charles to save the albatross has secured a £65,000 Government donation to help endangered birds.
Barry Gardiner, Minister for Biodiversity, today announced that Britain was doubling its aid.​

Prince Charles is slated to launch his own product line in Britain. The prince is currently planning on selling his own brand of whiskey.​
The 58-year-old royal reportedly picked the blended malt from a short-list of four varieties after a series of tasting sessions at his official residence Clarence House.

Last edited:
Prince Charles Embraces Internet Age

The heir to the British throne took a leap into the Internet age Monday, posting a day-in-the life video on his revamped personal Web site.
The short film follows Prince Charles through a typical day, showing him working at his London office, carrying out public engagements with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and flying by helicopter to his country home for a reception.

Here is the link to the video.
And check out the whole official web site of The Prince of Wales, I really like this new one.

Last edited:
Have you already seen the re-designed website of Prince Charles? It has a completely new and fresh look and plenty of picture galleries and information. And it's not even completed yet ... I like the new style very much. The only thing I have to criticize is the diary section. I find it a bit confusing. But in all it's really an improvement.

We must be among the first one to check out the new website, Gladys! ;) :rolleyes:

The new website is really good, they still have to complete the final stretches but it's a big improovement. I guess it is now a website for the Family of the Prince of Wales. The previous one was mainly focused on Prince Charles only.

The only thing I don't like about it is Camilla's picture. Surely they are able to find a much better one. :ermm:
Now, we need to get used to this one!

Last edited:
I agree, the new Prince of Wales website gives more information, shows more pics and a good thing is, that you can search easily for persons and events.
And i agree, that it is much more a Wales-Family-Site now. I also like the new modern style. So, well done! :)
My only problem is that after so many years with the old PoW website, i need some time to get used to the new one...:rolleyes:

The video is wonderful too. Well worth a watch.

I really like the new web-site. Very extensive and lots of nice photos. And the pics of Camilla aren´t so bad I think.:)

Most of the pictures are really great. I just don't like the front page ones, but maybe it's just me. :flowers:

The website is well done! While there is all sorts of notable content, there is one particularly interesting quote on Camilla's Biography here

"It is intended that The Duchess of Cornwall will use the title HRH The Princess Consort when The Prince of Wales accedes to The Throne."

Has there ever been such a clear statement about what Camilla's title will be in the future?

Nope. They tried the Princess Consort thing but as soon as we all realised it'd be illegal, they layed off of it a little bit.

I really enjoyed the video. I hope they'll continue to put video of engagements on the site.

I Enjoyed it too,wonder if they put up ones of William and Henry

I enjoy the new official website and the interface is user friendly and looks very fresh and active. I am going to explore it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom