The Prince of Wales Current Events 13: June 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing drastic as throwing babies out. He's got it set up at Highgrove that when water from the house goes down the drain, it goes down the drain, out to the gardens to water the plants. Making the best possible use of a resource all the way around. That's Charles.

That's awesome! Thank you!!

^^^^^ Actually, when you think about it he is exactly that, awesome. I think about standing in the shower or at the kitchen sink and have to remember which day of the month it is as from Monday 4th March we reduce our water further and can only water our gardens on alternate days odds and evens. So being 1A I'm odds. What I wouldn't give for a water reserve . . . My poor roses. The worst part is we can only hand water, all watering systems are forbidden.

I did have a large plastic rubbish tin that I used to collect rainwater but there's been so little this year all it did was create a mozzie farm!

Go Charles. He's way ahead of the curve with conservation and running his 21st Birthday present to himself on Highgrove bio-oil and progressed to wine (sort of), you just have to give credit where it is due.

Court Circular 21st February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning visited the CAF Manufacturing Facility, Newport, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Gwent (Brigadier Robert Aitken).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Aston Martin, St. Athan, Barry, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of South Glamorgan (Mrs. Morfudd Meredith).

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited British Airways Maintenance Cardiff Limited, Barry.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Marie Curie Cancer Care, later visited Marie Curie Hospice, Cardiff and the Vale, Bridgeman Road, Penarth.

The Prince of Wales subsequently visited the flood-affected area of Pontypridd, visiting the High Street before meeting members of the emergency services and flood victims, Municipal Building, Chapel Street, Pontypridd, and was received by Mr. Philip Hubbard (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Mid Glamorgan).

Court Circular 24th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning received Ms. Clare Pillman (Chief Executive, Natural Resources Wales).

Court Circular 25th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this evening held a Meeting with the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council.

The Prince of Wales had an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, March 5:

** Pic ** pa gallery **

Later he visited Jesus College in recognition of the reinstatement of the Jesus Chair of Celtic, a professorship in Celtic Studies at Oxford University and he visited Kellogg College to receive the Bynum Tudor Fellowship:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Great set of photos - the ones of him with the children are charming.

HRH The Prince of Wales in Cornwall earlier today.

Court Circular 2nd March:
Clarence House

The President of the Republic of Malta called upon The Prince of Wales this afternoon.

The Prince of Wales later received Dame Carolyn Fairbairn (Director-General of the Confederation of British Industry).

Court Circular 3rd March:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this evening received the Rt. Hon. Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury).

The Prince of Wales received Major General Shaikh Nasser Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa (National Security Adviser and Representative for Charity Works and Youth Affairs, the Kingdom of Bahrain).

Court Circular 5th March:
Buckingham Palace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

Clarence House
The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited Jesus College, University of Oxford, Turl Street, Oxford, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr. Timothy Stevenson).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Kellogg College, University of Oxford, Banbury Road, Oxford.

Court Circular 10th March:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this afternoon held a Meeting with Commonwealth High Commissioners at St James’s Palace.

Court Circular 12th March:
Buckingham Palace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

Clarence House

The Prince of Wales received Mr Mark Carney (Governor of the Bank of England).

The Prince of Wales this evening attended a Dinner in aid of the Australian Bushfire Appeal, Mansion House, Walbrook, London EC4.

Court Circular 25th March:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, this morning held a Meeting with Professor Klaus Schwab (Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum) via telephone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Prince of Wales had an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, March 12:

** pa gallery **

And this evening the Prince of Wales attended a dinner hosted by The Lord Mayor of the City of London and the High Commissioner for Australia in aid of the Australian bushfire relief efforts at Mansion House in London:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Prince Charles will open new NHS Nightingale Hospital via videolink today

#NHSNightingale is a new hospital which will provide support for thousands more patients with #coronavirus. Based at the ExCeL conference centre in East London, it will initially provide up to 500 beds equipped with ventilators and oxygen but has the capacity for several thousand

This is fantastic...I don’t know why I bothered reading the tweet replies; instead of focusing on what’s really important, people are using this news to further their political agendas or anti-Royal hatred.

HRH The Prince of Wales opens the NHS Nightingale hospital via videolink from Clarence House.

lovely of charles to take time to 'virtually open' the nightingale hospital. i am sure it was appreciated by all who worked really hard to get it up and working in such a short time.

Done with charm & wit as always. Cute photo of HM(?) as a little girl over his right shoulder.

Lovely words from Charles ...I love that room, it’s so cozy and cluttered, very homey. I do hope he’s getting some rest and not constantly pushing himself because he doesn’t sound fully recovered.

Court Circular 2nd April:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this afternoon held a Meeting with Mr Narendra Modi MP (Prime Minister of the Republic of India) via telephone.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/news...wishes-him-good-health/ar-BB125xzh?li=AAggbRN
https://www.deccanherald.com/nation...anks-him-for-interest-in-ayurveda-820627.html

Court Circular 3rd April:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this morning opened the National Health Service Nightingale Hospital, Royal Docks, London E16, via video link.

Who'd have thought an enormous hospital would have to be built so quickly and that it will be needed.
These are trying times.
Charles opened the hospital sensitively; I hope his prayer for the virus to leave quickly is answered.

Charles did a great job of thanking and naming all those who made this emergency hospital happen. He looks tired and his inside hair looked ruffled. The words and prayer he used sounded so heartfelt probably because he feels wiped out even though he is now free of the Virus.

Charles looks a lot better than he did in his last video message. Great that he could still open NHS Nightingale even if through a computer screen!

Court Circular 8th April:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, this morning held a Meeting with the Commissioners of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufacturers and Commerce’s Food, Farming and Countryside Commission via telephone.

Court Circular 14th April:
Clarence House

The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, this evening held a Meeting with the Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau MP (Prime Minister of Canada) via telephone.

Last edited by a moderator:
A video message from HRH The Prince of Wales to mark the opening of Calon y Ddraig hospital in Cardiff.

Lovely, and what a beautiful touch that he spoke Welsh.....

I keep trying to work out what's on his bookshelves, but the camera's not close enough :) . I can see a Dick Francis book, but the names are too small on the others!!

I keep trying to work out what's on his bookshelves, but the camera's not close enough :) . I can see a Dick Francis book, but the names are too small on the others!!

Kings in Grass Castles by Mary Durack, Lord Hailsham, and, most fascinating, Royal Wedding--but I can't see which royal wedding is being referenced. The PoW's interests are broad, and many of his books look older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom