The Prince of Wales Current Events 13: June 2019 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legitimate criticism is fine - and if you’re going to be in public life, you have to deal with that. LOL I had to Google “black spider memos” - I remember reading about the, but it was a long time ago. That reminds me that Wootton seemed to be flipping out about Charles being political, but just a few months he stated in an interview that he’s not stupid, that there’s only one monarch and that there are things he can do as PoW that he won’t be able to do as king. Perhaps some of the things, like the memos, were his pushing to make an impact before he’s restricted by the monarchy...and he went too far.

Lilyflo, one who keeps calling him weak is Penny Junor, which is odd because she’s not what I call a critic of his. It’s possible, though, that she’s saying it from Philip’s POV - and I’m sure Philip, much as he loves his son, still mistakes gentleness as weakness, like many people do.

Charles the Green, lol ....love it!

Court Circular 6th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this afternoon received Mr. Ben van Beurden (Chief Executive Office, Royal Dutch Shell plc.), Mrs. Sinead Lynch (Chairman, Shell UK Limited) and Mrs. Susan Shannon (Vice President Government Relations).

Court Circular 7th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this afternoon held a Curlew and Other Priority Species Recovery Summit.

Court Circular 12th February:
Buckingham Palace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

Court Circular 12th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales afterwards held a Meeting with representatives from the Duchy of Lancaster.

The Prince of Wales subsequently held a Meeting with representatives from the Crown Estate.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Elvis Costello in the photos!!! The PoW invested him with an OBE today.?

Court Circular 13th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales received Mr Peter Hill (Chief Executive Officer, 2020 United Nations Climate Change Conference).

Court Circular 14th February:
Buckingham Palace

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

Court Circular 17th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales visited Emma Willis Limited, Bearland House, Longsmith Street, Gloucester, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire (Mr Edward Gillespie).

Court Circular 18th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited the National Automotive Innovation Centre, Lord Bhattacharyya Way, Coventry, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Midlands (Mr John Crabtree).

The Prince of Wales later visited the Veterans Contact Point, Armed Forces Centre, the Horsa Building, Bentley Road, Nuneaton.

Court Circular 19th February:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales received Mr Brian Moynihan (Chief Executive Officer, Bank of America).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Prince of Wales was in South Wales today, February 21, to visit CAF train factory in Newport, the new Aston Martin Lagonda factory. St Athan, Barry as well as the British Airways Maintenance Centre at Cardiff Airport.

As Patron of Marie Curie he visited the Marie Curie Hospice, Cardiff and the Vale. He also visited the town of Pontypridd to meet residents and businesses affected by recent floods.

** rex gallery **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Prince Of Wales Undertakes Engagements In Wales **

** dm article: All aboard! Smiling Prince Charles kickstarts a busy day of royal visits in South Wales ..**

Last edited:
I hate to say this but this is the second time in the last week or so where Charles's wardrobe is not up to his usual tailored standards. This overcoat and the camel one he wore a few days ago are both too tight and pulling in places they should't.

The rain is falling again, and many parts of the country are struggling with flooding - I'm sure Prince Charles's visit was much appreciated.

The rain is falling again, and many parts of the country are struggling with flooding - I'm sure Prince Charles's visit was much appreciated.

I'm sure it was. I think visits like this are a good example of the advantages of being a monarchy over a republic & having a royal family.

I believe that Aston Martin car was a gift to Charles from the Queen for his 21st birthday. Its also been converted so that it runs on white wine instead of gasoline (or petrol in the UK). :D

https://time.com/5449080/prince-charles-car/

I believe that Aston Martin car was a gift to Charles from the Queen for his 21st birthday. Its also been converted so that it runs on white wine instead of gasoline (or petrol in the UK). :D

https://time.com/5449080/prince-charles-car/

Not sure about the white wine. Sounds like a terrible waste. :eek:

Although if that's more environmentally friendly then that's ok.?

Also, if Charles ever got stranded in that car, he could "sustain" himself and drink the car's fuel while waiting for a tow truck to arrive. :lol:

Also, if Charles ever got stranded in that car, he could "sustain" himself and drink the car's fuel while waiting for a tow truck to arrive. :lol:

Now that is funny:lol:

Last edited:
I hate to say this but this is the second time in the last week or so where Charles's wardrobe is not up to his usual tailored standards. This overcoat and the camel one he wore a few days ago are both too tight and pulling in places they should't.
I don't think they are when they are first put on but Charles has grown into a relaxed and convivial visitor and once the "official" photos are over he relaxes and his hands go straight in his pockets.

He does this regardless of the occasion with coats, really nice suits and even Black Tie. Thankfully he can't in White Tie.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here, Marg. His demeanor over the past decade and a half, since his marriage to Camilla, has brought about a more relaxed, more comfortable in his own skin and a more pleasant and jovial Prince of Wales than we've seen before. He does have the idiosyncrasies of putting his hands in his pockets, scratching the side of his nose and walking with his hands clasped behind his back at times mimicking his father.

There's also another explanation that could fit this "ill fitting" in places scenario. Recycling. As I've recently remembered and posted about in the men's fashion thread, Charles is renowned for wearing a pair of shoes, that as of the date the article confirmed in 2013 linked, were well over 40 years old and do show the patina of being a very old pair of shoes. Its not hard to picture that Charles' overcoats and outerwear are also of the best quality available and also tailored to him but they've also been seen and worn so many times over the years that they don't exactly look like fresh from the tailor and brand new. This is the blessing of buying the top notch in quality. They can and do last for decades. You don't have to have the latest fashions straight off the designer's drawing board to be considered a "best dressed" man. :D

Charles may be seen at times for being extravagant and purchasing expensive things and owning expensive things but one thing is clear, he does assure that the best of care is given to these items so that they do last him for decades on end. An Aston Martin that Charles received on his 21st birthday and has had converted to run on white wine is another example of an extravagant item he's had and used for over 50 years.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here, Marg. His demeanor over the past decade and a half, since his marriage to Camilla, has brought about a more relaxed, more comfortable in his own skin and a more pleasant and jovial Prince of Wales than we've seen before. He does have the idiosyncrasies of putting his hands in his pockets, scratching the side of his nose and walking with his hands clasped behind his back at times mimicking his father.

There's also another explanation that could fit this "ill fitting" in places scenario. Recycling. As I've recently remembered and posted about in the men's fashion thread, Charles is renowned for wearing a pair of shoes, that as of the date the article confirmed in 2013 linked, were well over 40 years old and do show the patina of being a very old pair of shoes. Its not hard to picture that Charles' overcoats and outerwear are also of the best quality available and also tailored to him but they've also been seen and worn so many times over the years that they don't exactly look like fresh from the tailor and brand new. This is the blessing of buying the top notch in quality. They can and do last for decades. You don't have to have the latest fashions straight off the designer's drawing board to be considered a "best dressed" man. :D

Charles may be seen at times for being extravagant and purchasing expensive things and owning expensive things but one thing is clear, he does assure that the best of care is given to these items so that they do last him for decades on end. An Aston Martin that Charles received on his 21st birthday and has had converted to run on white wine is another example of an extravagant item he's had and used for over 50 years.

As someone who loves to be comfortable, and who hates to get rid of anything, I say good for Charles...!

That Aston Martin - was that the one he leant to William and Kate when they got married?

Yeps.. its the same car. Wait till you find out what Charles does with the bath water used at Highgrove! Recycle is the name of the game. :lol:

A simple current event Charles does can and does lead us observers to go off on tangents at times. Its education. Sometimes. :D

People have been laughing at Prince Charles for decades over his concerns about environmental issues, but he's bang on trend now - although you wouldn't catch me wasting good booze by using it to fuel my car!

Yeps.. its the same car. Wait till you find out what Charles does with the bath water used at Highgrove! Recycle is the name of the game. :lol:

A simple current event Charles does can and does lead us observers to go off on tangents at times. Its education. Sometimes. :D

As long as he doesn’t throw any babies out with the bath water, I’m good, lol. Seriously, what does he do ...? !

Nothing drastic as throwing babies out. He's got it set up at Highgrove that when water from the house goes down the drain, it goes down the drain, out to the gardens to water the plants. Making the best possible use of a resource all the way around. That's Charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom