The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Prince of Wales has highlighted the plight of unemployed young people during a fundraising dinner in aid of the Prince's Trust. Charles told more than 600 business leaders that research produced by his organisation had found that almost half of the unemployed young people it questioned felt depressed always or often. He was speaking at his Trust's leadership dinner at the London Hilton in Park Lane, staged to unite business leaders to help disadvantaged young people turn their lives around-

Home - ITNSource News

Don't know where to ask this but do we know the reason for Charles red nose and red swollen hands I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and my hands sometimes look like that. But red nose isn't part of RA.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Don't know where to ask this but do we know the reason for Charles red nose and red swollen hands I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and my hands sometimes look like that. But red nose isn't part of RA.

Charles, like several others in the family, has rosacea.

That tread is about rosacea
Pretty sure it's not rosacea that's the face. His is his hands and lately his nose which looks bright red in some photos

Not sure if this is the right place to put this

The Prince of Wales gives an exclusive interview to BBC Radio 2's Sunday Hour about building bridges between different faiths

I would love to see the whole interview

Here is link to the Radio 2 Website - you should be able to listen to the interview live 6am UK time), although I have never tried doing that via their website only on the actual radio!

BBC - Radio 2 - Home

And a link from the BBC concerning the same radio interview:

BBC News - Prince Charles says radicalisation of young people 'alarming'

Last edited:
He is one of my style icons.

If I had to make a list of well dressed men, Charles would hit the top of my list too. Never ever do we see him looking rumpled but always impeccably groomed. He follows his own likes and dislikes which to me, means a man that knows his own mind.

If I had to make a list of well dressed men, Charles would hit the top of my list too. Never ever do we see him looking rumpled but always impeccably groomed. He follows his own likes and dislikes which to me, means a man that knows his own mind.

He would be at the top of my list as well. His choices are his own and he makes good ones for the climate he is in but it also probably helps that he has a valet to dress him and look after his clothes.

Several years ago he came up top of the Best Dressed list and a journalist asked him what he thought of it. He said he never changed which meant that every 15-20 odd years he was back in fashion. :lol:

Several years ago he came up top of the Best Dressed list and a journalist asked him what he thought of it. He said he never changed which meant that every 15-20 odd years he was back in fashion. :lol:

I remember that. There was also an article posted here (its probably in the archives somewhere) where Charles has a trusty old pair of shoes that he's worn for over 40 years.

Charles has always enjoyed other countries' cultures and traditions and likes to get involved in things like this sword dance - he seemed to do quite well!

Video:
Prince Charles has been shown around the construction site of a giant underground sewage tunnel in London today, as the city’s Victorian sewage network celebrates its 150th anniversary. Wearing a hard-hat and hi-visibility jacket, the 66 year old heir to the throne travelled along a section of the Lee Tunnel, which runs 80 meters below ground level and which will capture 39 million tonnes of sewage each year, when it is completed at the end of 2016-

Home - ITNSource News

A sewage tunnel? Must have been so boring, and more than a little gross... Not the way I'd choose to spend my day...

Last edited:
Following the birth of Prince George, the Prince of Wales described the experience of becoming a first-time grandfather as ‘a unique moment in anyone’s life’.

And now, a never-before-seen photograph of the royal and his one-year-old grandson proves just how proud he is of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's son.

The framed image of the 66-year-old and Prince George took pride of place on a table in the background of a newly released video clip, which the Prince released to support the world's biggest environmental event, Earth Hour.
More: Prince Charles tenderly holds Prince George in unseen photo that features in new royal video* | Daily Mail Online

Video:
The Prince of Wales has visited Tetbury Hospital to open the newly upgraded X-ray unit. It's the first unit upgrade in over a decade and more than £100,000 has been spent improving the facilities-

Home - ITNSource News

Looks like Charles had injured his thumb that resulted in his nail hanging off, or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Thank you Victoria for sharing something with us that hits our emotions beyond words. Even after having to take a pause and go get something to drink and ponder on what I've read, I'm still choked up emotionally by the incredible life of Haley and how much she accomplished and all the people she's affected in just a short life of 17 years.

Its my opinion that the letter that Charles wrote to the family is one of his "spider" letters (definitely see the scrawl and the underlining) that has a bonus being released to the public after serving its purpose first honoring Haley. The letter came from Charles the man. No HRH anywhere, no Prince of Wales feathers on the stationery and simply signed Charles. Words reveal who a person is and one can definitely see a man with a strong, caring heart whose sentiments were not only sincere but very heartfelt.

Thank you again Victoria. This will stay with quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom