The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn't Prince Charles always been outspoken? At least that's what the press have been telling us for the past forty years. So how has it got anything to do with William?

This just seems like the DM stirring the pot again.

Like many of us that care, the POW has had opinions. In general, they have been confined to private letters to people of influence.
The last public and audible goof I remember was when the boys were teens were skiing with him (at Klosters?) and there was a photo op and Charles said of one of the reporters something along the lines of "I can't stand that man."
Most of us did not disagree with him. ;)

However, on this occasion, Charles compared a sitting Head of State to Adolph Hitler. Given that multiple members of Charles' family either married SS members or those whose father's are, he should hve steered clear.

However, on this occasion, Charles compared a sitting Head of State to Adolph Hitler. Given that multiple members of Charles' family either married SS members or those whose father's are, he should hve steered clear.

Why would the marriages of Charles' relatives have anything to do with whether he is entitled to speak his mind about President Putin's actions?

Surely you are not suggesting Charles is somehow responsible for opinions held by relatives some 10 or so years before he was even born. Would you suggest Americans who are descended from slaveholders should not comment on slavery because of their family associations?

Whether Prince Charles should or should not have made the comment is a valid discussion to have but in the context of his position as Prince of Wales not because of some historical family opinions.

The Prince of Wales delivered the opening address at the 'Conference on Inclusive Capitalism: Building Value, Renewing Trust' at Mansion House in London today, May 27:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Charles was getting a lot of action from the ladies in this video. The old chap still got it.

Video:
Prince Charles has met with IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde before attending the Conference on Inclusive Capitalism. .
Home - ITNSource News

Why would the marriages of Charles' relatives have anything to do with whether he is entitled to speak his mind about President Putin's actions?

Surely you are not suggesting Charles is somehow responsible for opinions held by relatives some 10 or so years before he was even born. Would you suggest Americans who are descended from slaveholders should not comment on slavery because of their family associations?

Whether Prince Charles should or should not have made the comment is a valid discussion to have but in the context of his position as Prince of Wales not because of some historical family opinions.

It's not as if C didnt know the nazi relatives would come up. Remember the kerfuffle when Harry wore the nazi uniform to a costume party?

It's not as if C didnt know the nazi relatives would come up. Remember the kerfuffle when Harry wore the nazi uniform to a costume party?

Maybe its just me but I didn't see the remark in any way comparing Putin to the atrocities and horrors that the Nazi party and the SS engaged in. I just took it as comparing military/political strategy as being similar.

I do, however, think that when the name Adolf Hitler crops up, there's never has been nor will there ever will be any kind of positive image evoked.

allegedly comparing

No one heard his actual comments.
Does that mean that Marianne Ferguson, a venerable Jewish survivor of the World War II, told lies? or perhaps, a Daily Mail reporter reported untruth?
The Russians should not have reacted to this hearsay drama though.

Last edited:
Maybe its just me but I didn't see the remark in any way comparing Putin to the atrocities and horrors that the Nazi party and the SS engaged in. I just took it as comparing military/political strategy as being similar.

I do, however, think that when the name Adolf Hitler crops up, there's never has been nor will there ever will be any kind of positive image evoked.

It's not just you. I, too, thought he was referring to the strategy being similar to what Hitler did in the Sudetenland, and I think Hillary Clinton thought that, too, and the experts are also referring to it in those terms: Expert likens possible Putin action on Ukraine to Hitler's 1938 move on Czechoslovakia | World | News | Daily Express

Prince Charles has launched a blistering attack on free market economics - calling for a radical shake-up of capitalism to save the planet.
The outspoken royal said society's 'current operating model' was destroying the environment and should be transformed to tackle the growing threat of climate change.
Charles, 65, urged some of the world's most powerful business leaders to make unpopular decisions or risk 'bringing us to our own destruction'.

Prince Charles says capitalism must change to save the environment | Mail Online

On Tuesday, Prince Charles spoke to an audience representing one third of the world's investible income to persuade them to consider the threat of climate change.
He delivered his speech at the Conference on Inclusive Capitalism, at the Mansion House and Guildhall. In attendence was head of the IMF Christine Lagarde, former US President Bill Clinton, Bank of England governor Mark Carney.
The purpose of the conference is to try to launch a discussion about capitalism's current problems and ways to solve them.

Video: Prince Charles urges business leaders to consider climate change - Telegraph

Charles in Romania

Prince Charles of Wales back to Romania, speaks about expansion of his local properties | Romania-Insider.com

The Prince of Wales, the heir to the British throne, arrived in Romania on a private charter flight on Tuesday (May 27).
He spent a few hours in the Viscri village, where he was welcomed by villagers and local officials. He visited the guest house he owns there and spoke with an architect about possible works on the house, as he plans to expand it, reports local Mediafax.

Later during the day, he went to Miclosoara in Covasna county, where he spent the night at the residence of Count Tibor Kalnoky.
According to Mediafax, his schedule on Wednesday (May 28) might include a visit to the Valea Zalanului village where he also owns several properties.

Prince Charles has made several private visits to Romania in the last few years.

Visit to Brasov

Video Prințul Charles, din nou în România | Stiriletvr.ro - Site-ul de stiri al TVR

FOTO Prinţul Charles, în vizită în centrul Braşovului. Moştenitorul coroanei britanice a vizitat Biserica Neagră | adevarul.ro

Interview at ProTv about the beauty of Romania:

Peisajele extraordinare cu pajisti si paduri sunt absolut unice, nu doar in Europa, ci in toata lumea. Aventurile in Romania ale Printului Charles, intr-un interviu exclusiv pentru Stirile ProTV - www.InCont.ro

HRH the Prince of Wales Doctor Honoris Causa of the University of Bucharest:

Prin?ul Charles, dup? ce a primit titlul de Doctor Honoris Causa: ?Am început s? iubesc România pentru frumuse?ea natural? unic??

Principele de Wales, Doctor Honoris Causa al Universităţii din Bucureşti | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

v Charles and Crown Princess Margarita, Bucharest May 2014
Thumbnail images form cropped portions of much larger photographs.

Attachments

• Charles & CPcess Margarita, Bucharest 201405.jpg
    Charles & CPcess Margarita, Bucharest 201405.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Charles & Margarita, Bucharest 201405.jpg
    Charles & Margarita, Bucharest 201405.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:
Charles visits the RSC

Video:

Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales, President, The Royal Shakespeare Company, visited the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon today. He met young people involved with education work as part of the Learning and Performance network and viewed a short performance of Henry IV by local students.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have No idea where this belongs. Its an interview with PoW

It covers about becoming King;
His boys and their future
His boys and the media

and VIP - Camilla poss being Queen.

EDIT - OLD INTERVIEW - but the BBC has re-issued it - presumably to restart the debate

Mods - up to you

BBC News - Prince Charles says Camilla 'may become Queen'

Last edited:

Yesterday, June 26, the Prince of Wales hosted a reception for supporters of biomimetics in the gardens of Clarence House.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Video:
The Prince of Wales has met staff at the Cnwd Foods factory in Carmarthenshire today, at the start of his annual summer tour of Wales-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Prince of Wales is to return to the flood-hit village of Muchelney today. His visit comes five months after he came to see for himself the impact of the flooding on agriculture and the lives and livelihoods of residents on the Somerset Levels. On his way to the village Charles will also visit Glastonbury Abbey. GVs of visit Vox-pops-
Home - ITNSource News

Dman, thanks for the link.

No-one's commenting on this, but this is just so typical of Charles and how he tries to help. He not only visited Somerset when things were really bad, but he's back to check in with them again and probably will do so in the coming months and years. He doesn't just go for the photo op the way the politicians do.

This is a snippet from a Times article on his visit:

Flood families thank Charles

The Prince of Wales admitted that speaking his mind is “in his blood” as he revisited communities on the Somerset Levels hit by floods this year.

Charles was in the village of Muchelney, where in February he shamed ministers and the Environment Agency into finally responding to the crisis when he said: “The tragedy is that nothing happened for so long.”

Jane Pine, 59, of Meare Dairy Farm, in North Curry, said: “We have been fighting for ten years to try to do something about these moors and he achieved more on his February visit than in all that time. I told Prince Charles and he said ‘Well I had to do something, it runs in the family, it’s in my blood.’ And he is, he is just like his dad — he says it like it is.
“He said, ‘At least I have done some good.’

He really does know what he is talking about, he is a farmer himself and he knows what is going on at this time of year.

“He pushed all the politicians into doing something. We have all been pushing for years and they have done nothing."

Flood families thank Charles | The Times

This won't get nearly so many comments as the latest designer outfit worn by one of the younger queens or princesses, which is a shame because this is what royalty is for. This is how they prove their worth.

I appreciate your point, PetticoatLane but, although I have always admired the Prince of Wales's work, there is only so much I can think of to say about articles like this. Unless there is some sort of controversy, the thing I can think of is to say: "way to go, Charles."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom