The Prince of Wales Current Events 1: March-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Source - getty images
Britain's Prince Charles (R) greets Pakistani PM Shaukat Aziz on 7 March 2006

Attachments

• 57024501.jpg
    57024501.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
A very interesting article in The Royalist about Prince Charles. Interesting becasue it's the first (as long as I remember) positive article about Prince Charles.
Charles: Undervalued By The Media?
http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/455/2/

I love this part:

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]The fact is the whole of the Royal Family undertake, both publicly and privately, a huge amount of work, 99% of which goes unreported by the oh-so-powerful media. This is why Prince Charles continues to suffer a bad Press.
The fact is we are all probably guilty of judging Charles and Camilla by the past rather than present. That isn't to say Charles and Camilla haven't behaved badly. But then again, there are times when they do good works, but still their past overshadows them.

[/FONT]

LOL! That's rich. Oh why oh why doesn't a lawyer tab those people?

Images from abaca, yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 472581.jpg
    472581.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 472582.jpg
    472582.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 472583.jpg
    472583.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 472584.jpg
    472584.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 472585.jpg
    472585.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 472586.jpg
    472586.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
This is exactly why I have to depend on TRF to get legitimate news on the BRF. The pic of Prince Charles playing with a cricket bat was not even in the "funnies" let alone the front cover or even Section A of my newspaper for that matter. Nor was there any tv coverage of this that I have seen. There isn't much coverage of any royals over here stateside unless some controversy is involved. What a shame when you have a prince of man as well as an actual prince doing good works.

Instead I have to hear about Michael Jackson letting his employees insurance lapse and being fined $69,000k.

Hmmm...good works or no works? You choose.

Kerry
I do relate -I live in the celebrity capital-LA where ironically I can get get great gossip on anybody else except the ones that I really am interested in C+C. I wish when I got interested in them I had realized how much a pain it is to be interested in someone in a foreign country. I think I have a better idea of what is going on in the UK then my own country these days due to reading their papers. Thank god for newsnow, multisystem dvd/vcrs and getty. Looking at Getty is almost as good as seeing it on TV said the American rather pathetically. That week in November :) Pity they couldn't have stayed longer.

I wish we had more coverage of Charles in the US doing his good works.Maybe it would encourage people in our country to try some of his ideas. ie His embracing the Muslim community is something our country needs to learn.

Prince Charles greets Egypt's Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif at Clarence House in central London, 14 March 2006.
Source - Getty images

Attachments

• 57079183.jpg
    57079183.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 57079197.jpg
    57079197.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 166
March 28, 2006; from the Daily Mail 'Prince Charles had a fling with Barbra Streisand'

According to a new unauthorized biography of Streisand by Christopher Anderson, Prince Charles had a secret affair with the singer two years after separating from Diana, and while he was seeing Camilla. Spokespersons for both refused to comment on the claims in the book. See link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=381232&in_page_id=1773&in_a_source==

No wonder it was unauthorised. Shades of "Diana had an affair with JFK Jr." which seems to not have been widely known by anyone other than the author of that rumour.

Whatever it takes to sell more copies...

Laviollette said:
March 28, 2006; from the Daily Mail 'Prince Charles had a fling with Barbra Streisand'

According to a new unauthorized biography of Streisand by Christopher Anderson, Prince Charles had a secret affair with the singer two years after separating from Diana, and while he was seeing Camilla. Spokespersons for both refused to comment on the claims in the book. See link below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=381232&in_page_id=1773&in_a_source==

I thought this was hilariously funny, if you look at all the men she was supposed to have slept with.
I have taken tea with quite a few male friends, is that now classed as an affair? :confused: :D :D If so, I have been a very busy girl!

And this staff member isn`t knocking on the door, if he is entering...? If I head "private tea", I would nobody let come in. And 1994 was a very hard time for Charles, I`m not sure about having time for affairs...He had to fight for Camilla then.

Skydragon said:
I thought this was hilariously funny, if you look at all the men she was supposed to have slept with.
I have taken tea with quite a few male friends, is that now classed as an affair? :confused: :D :D If so, I have been a very busy girl!
I thought it was funny too especially the part about the "private tea". :D

Royal Fan said:
I Dont belive this story for a second

Neither do I. They'll do anything, they will, to sell a book!

love_cc said:
new article about Prince Charles:Charles gives tips on keeping fits

He is right saying that women are esential for men to stay fit but no every man has Camilla ;)

i think this settling in and happiness that we're seeing is all down to Diana. if she hadn't come along and shaken things up for the better, none of this would have happened. the RF needed her to open their eyes - and don't kid yourself - their eyes were opened. i'm so glad that Charles is finally with the woman he truly loves and that his relationship with his mother is getting better because she is first and foremost his mother and every parent and child should have a good relationship because when it's all said and done all you have is family.

Skydragon said:
Prince Charles, Britain’s “dissident” future king

LONDON - Relations between Queen Elizabeth II and heir apparent Prince Charles have long been delicate, but experts on Britain’s royal family say mother and eldest son appear to be closer than ever before.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theworld/2006/April/theworld_April589.xml&section=theworld

You always post great articles, Skydragon! Thanks you for it (I think I have thanked you for great articles for at least another twenty times:D ).
I do think that Charle's marriage to Camilla might have imrooved the relations of the Queen and Prince Charles. He is much happier and relaxed now. As a mother, I am sure she is also happy for her son.

As you would expect Duchess, I disagree.

The happiness and contentment we are now seeing comes from a happy man. Why is he happy, because he is with a woman he has loved for 30+ years and who has loved him for 30+ years.

He has been unhappy for so many years, he must have thought that his chance of happiness was long gone. To have been denied marriage to the woman he loved and then had to endure an unhappy marriage to someone he didn't, would be enough to make others 'give up'. Charles and Camilla were being accepted into society and then had to wait a further 8 years before they could finally 'tie the knot'.

Charles is now with the woman he should have been with from the 70's and it shows on his smiling face.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
You always post great articles, Skydragon! Thanks you for it (I think I have thanked you for great articles for at least another twenty times:D ).
I do think that Charle's marriage to Camilla might have improoved the relations of the Queen and Prince Charles. He is much happier and relaxed now. As a mother, I am sure she is also happy for her son.

Thank you Avalon and I am sure you are right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom