The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's go forward. I've posted this :

TheTruth said:
I think Penny Junor wrote a book one day, saying something really bad about Diana (sorry I don't remember the book ...) and on the releasing day, Charles denied this story. Is it true ?

I didn't get an answer. Do you know about this ?

Let's stick to only current news. Its a bit of a stretch to talk about Tina Brown's book in Diana's News thread but since she is just publishing it, it is part of the latest news on Diana.

But for the other books, there are too many out there, none of them current, and many of them are questionable.

Once Tina Brown's book is out and people have had a chance to read it, feel free to discuss your opinions of the book in the thread in the Library:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/diana-chronicles-tina-brown-12031.html

There's also a thread over there for all the books being published to coincide with the 10th anniversary of Diana's death:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/new-books-marking-tenth-anniversary-dianas-death-12255.html

As ysbel said, discussion about this book is both a book discussion and a news discussion; however, I think that discussions specifically about the book and the author would be better off in the Library thread while more general discussions about some of the claims in the book, which relate to Diana's life and have already been talked about here, are fine in this thread.

On the other hand, a rehash of the whole Charles-Camilla-Diana three-in-the-marriage eternal triangle, complete with pitched battles by armed camps of Diana fans and Diana haters, will be looked upon with extreme moderatorial disfavour. Just so you know...

Elspeth said:
On the other hand, a rehash of the whole Charles-Camilla-Diana three-in-the-marriage eternal triangle, complete with pitched battles by armed camps of Diana fans and Diana haters, will be looked upon with extreme moderatorial disfavour. Just so you know...
I do think there is a world of difference between someone who saw Diana in a less than flattering light, simply disliked her and someone who hated/hates her. :ermm:

There is, but I don't know that there's all that much difference when a person who claims to simply see Diana through plain lenses rather than rose-coloured ones can't bring him/herself to acknowledge (without resorting to excuses or sarcasm) that Diana had a single good point or any genuine grievances. Equally, a person who claims to be an objective admirer of Diana and to be aware of Diana's faults, but who describes those faults as virtues and simply sees Diana as a victim of her own good nature and the evils of others, is also not being entirely honest. Same for people's perceptions of Charles and Camilla. We've been through several threads that simply turned into entrenched pitched battles and went absolutely nowhere worth going to, and we're not going to let hope triumph over experience this time, because there's no reason why the fourth or fifth trip round this particular mulberry bush will be any different from the previous ones.

I've just watched the Documentary of Channel 4 "Diana: The Witnesses of The Tunnel". It came out that beside 'the' photos, it was very interesting IMO. By hearing all those witnesses I can make myself a better idea of what happened. I recommend to watch it even as a Diana admirer because you really understand the situation.

Last edited:
There are reports that Diana converted to Islam in secret. Also, she and Dodi were going to live in a sunny place- Australia or South Africa and she was wanting to become a world-renowned documentrary maker in Australia. (claimed by some reports)

Diana 'converted to Islam' - World - smh.com.au

I wonder if that was before or after the reports that she was wanting to convert to Catholicism. Some of these reporters take the slightest little hint and blow it up out of all proportion.

Australian said:
There are reports that Diana converted to Islam in secret. Also, she and Dodi were going to live in a sunny place- Australia or South Africa and she was wanting to become a world-renowned documentrary maker in Australia. (claimed by some reports)

Maybe she wanted to convert in order of marrying Dodi Al-Fayed...But after reading that there also were "rumors" that Lady Diana wanted to convert to Catholicism, I don't believe any of these "rumors". The yellow press needed news about the former wife of Prince Charles, and since they wouldn't get any...they simply made up them. Very nice and professional from their part...:bang: :bang: :bang:

Vanesa.

TheTruth said:
I've just watched the Documentary of Channel 4 "Diana: The Witnesses of The Tunnel". It came out that beside 'the' photos, it was very interesting IMO. By hearing all those witnesses I can make myself a better idea of what happened. I recommend to watch it even as a Diana admirer because you really understand the situation.
Different views can only add to people's knowledge of a person or event. The problems start when only one side is presented. I'm glad you gave it a chance. :flowers:

Diana Exhibition - BBC Breakfast News

(moderation team - I wasn't sure if this should be in an already established thread)

Jayne Fincher was on BBC News this morning talking of an exhibition at Kensington Palace which is due to open at the end of June, and is asking for help from the public

BBC Breakfast News website

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Breakfast | Diana - Your memories

They state:

This summer is the tenth anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. On Breakfast we're liasing with Kensington Palace to mark the anniversary - and we want your help

If you met the Princess, was inspired by her fashion sense or charity work then send us your story. It could end up as part of an exhibition at Kensington Palace, when it opens at the end of June

You can find out more next Monday on Breakfast on Monday 11th June and we'll put our coverage from that day on this page too.

Use the form below to send us your memories or stories about the Princess

'DIANA DEATH PHOTOS 'STOLEN'

Monday June 11,2007

By Peter Allen in Paris and John Chapman in London

POLICE are to investigate how disturbing images of Princess Diana’s final mo­m­ents were made public.

The French inquiry follows fears that members of the secret services may have stolen the photographs of the dying Princess.

These secret agents have been repeatedly linked with conspiracy plots surrounding Diana’s death for the past 10 years.

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Diana death photos 'stolen'

TheTruth said:

Me too. I thought this was an interesting documentary, not offensive at all. To be honest I found the reaction of the press and of the princes a bit exaggerated.

For me, Diana was and will always be special - from the outside a role model for the "Perfect Princess" - a status impossible to reach for the princesses who are around these days. Don't think at all that this programme did any damage to her honour and it was not the intention of this programme. She has been one of the most public figures ever around in modern times and still is as her death was controversial. We all know that in her relationship with the press Diana was not only a victim but made use of the media for her favour too - so the statement of Diana's brother might have hit the nerve of the people back in these days but I have always thought it was much too easy to put all blame on the scapegoat called media instead of taking into account that Diana was unlucky enough to get in a car without seatbelt and a driver who was unfit to drive. Sad but what can we do? IMO move on and keep Diana's positive sides in mind. I am still saddened when I think about what might have been if Diana was the love of Charles's life and they had been a happy couple - a huge asset for the monarchy and priceless ambassadors for their country. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be.

As I can see, a few of us have already seen the documentary and found it quite interesting. For those who didn't see the documentary and want to make their own opinion, here's the video (Thanks to YouTube :rolleyes: ) :

YouTube - Diana - The witnesses in the Tunnel Part 1
YouTube - Diana - The witnesses in the Tunnel Part 2
YouTube - Diana - The witnesses in the Tunnel Part 3
YouTube - Diana - The witnesses in the Tunnel Part 4
YouTube - Diana - The witnesses in the Tunnel Part 5

(Sorry if this is the wrong place)

Australian said:

I don't believe a second she did that or she considered getting engaged to even married to Dodi Al Fayed. For me that's a fairy tale that his father came up with after the events. I can understand that he was hurt by what happened and apart from the pain that he lost his son it was also a big blow for how he had taken advantage of his son dating Diana.

For whatever reasons she dated him - I have never believed in the "love story" and I certainly do not now no matter what Mohammad Al Fayed tries to convince people of. Unfortunately, the two leading actors of the story are dead and cannot make their comments - so let them rest in peace.

Like it was said in the documentary by Mr James Whitaker, Mohamed Al-Fayed blammed the paparazzi to escape the truth : Henri Paul, his employee, was too drunk to drive and killed 3 persons including Diana, Princess of Wales.
Mohamed Al-Fayed is hiding from reality, so his alternative is to create some stories to fool himself and the people.

TheTruth said:
Like it was said in the documentary by Mr James Whitaker, Mohamed Al-Fayed blammed the paparazzi to escape the truth : Henri Paul, his employee, was too drunk to drive and killed 3 persons including Diana, Princess of Wales.
Mohamed Al-Fayed is hiding from reality, so his alternative is to create some stories to fool himself and the people.

How true ... and he still does after 10 years. He should move on as everyone else has although I understand that losing a son must be one of the worst things that can happen to a father.

Duke of Marmalade said:
He should move on as everyone else has although I understand that losing a son must be one of the worst things that can happen to a father.

Yes I understand it also, but I think people are getting borred of those 'revelations' and that he persists to put the blame on everyone else that him. Of course it's hard to admitt but whatever he does he can't say that Henri Paul was hired by someone else. He just doesn't want to face the truth.

TheTruth said:
Yes I understand it also, but I think people are getting borred of those 'revelations' and that he persists to put the blame on everyone else that him. Of course it's hard to admitt but whatever he does he can't say that Henri Paul was hired by someone else. He just doesn't want to face the truth.

I think Al Fayed would be more of a sympathetic character if his claims of a conspiracy didn't defy credulity. Personally, I think his grief-and his conscience-have driven him over the edge. He seems to have lost some touch with reality.

In the beginning, I had compassion for him, which has evolved to pity. He is spending his remaining years pursuing a "truth" that he can never prove, and he will never find resolution. It's simply too sad.

I'd like to ask a question : Is it true, that Prince Philip send a private letter to Diana saying: "I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind leaving you for Camilla"?
I've read that in a Quiz on The Royalist website. This site is a great source of information and reliable by the way, although it still chocked me that Prince Philip could tell such a thing to his daughter-in-law !

TheTruth said:
The Royalist Website - This site is a great source of information and reliable by the way, although it still chocked me that Prince Philip could tell such a thing to his daughter-in-law !
Oh dear, the Royalist has proved to be anything but truthful or reliable and not just in my opinion. As to your question about Philip, I have to wonder who invented that little gem and then told anyone about it! :whistling:

As Philip was supposed to have disliked Diana, can you really imagine him sending such a letter? :nonono:

Skydragon said:
Oh dear, the Royalist has proved to be anything but truthful or reliable and not just in my opinion. As to your question about Philip, I have to wonder who invented that little gem and then told anyone about it! :whistling:

As Philip was supposed to have disliked Diana, can you really imagine him sending such a letter? :nonono:

Yeah, well that's what I thought in the first place. Why the hell would a man who was maybe the royal who dislike the most Diana would have told her that ???
The Royalist seem to be truthful and professional at a first sight (you even have to pay to see videos and pictures !). Now I'll remember to trust myself and not an aparently reliable website ... :rolleyes:. Thanks for showing me the right path Skydragon lol :flowers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
15 years ago...(June 16, 1992)

Andrew Morton's book 'Diana: Her True Story' was published. The book, the writing of which (unbeknownst to all) received Diana's full co-operation, ultimately sounded the death knell on the marriage of the Prince and Princess of Wales.

The Royalist seem to be truthful and professional at a first sight (you even have to pay to see videos and pictures !). Now I'll remember to trust myself and not an aparently reliable website ... :rolleyes:. Thanks for showing me the right path Skydragon lol :flowers:

Sites where you have to join or pay to see certain content don't necessarily guarantee the information contained therein is reliable. It may indicate the site is posting material that cannot legally be published in the open Internet. A legal reason for this would be if they purchased an expensive image from a photo agency and are only allowed to publish it to a limited audience. An illegal reason for this would be posting text or photos without permission by the copyright owner. Allowing access to copyright protected material that a site doesn't have the rights to leaves a site open to litigation so some sites create members-only content to make the copyright breach less apparent. Its still breaking the law though.

Of course the site may be perfectly above board legally but the existence of a site where you have to pay to access certain areas of content doesn't really guarantee journalistic reliability.

The Royalist obtains stories from various newspapers, including the tabloids, and presents them as "news".
Another drawback is that some of the less-informed member comments have been picked up from the site and reproduced (including here) as "facts".
The Royalist site, while being very professionally designed and laid out, is more akin to an upmarket blog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom