The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 3: September 2005-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sara1981 said:
TV man's get Rich quickie

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006320173,00.html

i cant believe that story! if Diana would alive today and if how William and Harry would upset about of their mother's story in sun newspaper what you think?
Any publicity-seeking nobody could come up with a story like this, as long as, at some point or other, his path crossed Diana's - and that's thousands of people.

He tries to make his story more credible by the self-depricating comment about his non-existent prowess in bed. I will believe him if he produces photos, recordings or eye witnesses!!

And isn't it a bit strange that a middle-aged has-been like him would have kept quiet about it all these years? It's not like he had a sense of honour...

I think people are making too big a deal out of it. All the "outrage" stories, from Sun and others, are just another way for these tabloids to cash in on the photos while standing on their soap boxes. Any one of these publications would have loved to be the first one to print the shots, if they could come up a headline that can pass mustard as a tribute. If anyone does a search on Google or Yahoo under image, they have been available on the web for some time. CBS ran a similar photo in its "48Hours Investigation" piece several years ago. It's only now that someone got the nerve to include them in a book, it's suddenly a big deal again. If people haven't been curious to see the photos, they wouldn't have any value to publishers to print them.

I was shocked that Diana's last photos would be published in a book and a newspaper. I was saddened that they would stoop so low I am sure William and Harry both were outraged because I am sure no one would want to see their own mother in her dying moments. Especially if the pictures were taken by the paparazzi. I think the publishing of the pictures was due to more controversy about Diana another to be brought up after her death. I do wish people would allow her to rest in peace. People still talk about her even almost 9 years after her death. She did have a hold on people but her and her family especially her sons need to be left alone.

Aren't these the same pictures that CBS (in the US) showed on television a couple of years ago?
If so, it's remarkable that they have been allowed to surface again. I would think that more people who are in the public eye would join in the outrage over their publication. After all, any one of them - or us, could have photos published of us dead or dying.
At what point do we lose privacy and dignity?

I hate to think what might be released next year to note the tenth anniversary. Hopefully it won't be marked by the distribution of more or "new" photos of that awful night.

unfortunately, i think this is setting a precedent for what we'll see. now that someone has gone and done, i'm afraid we'll see more.

Duchess said:
unfortunately, i think this is setting a precedent for what we'll see. now that someone has gone and done, i'm afraid we'll see more.

Let's hope not!

When Dale Earnhart died a few years ago, one of the Florida newspapers wanted the right to see his autopsy photos. His family argued that it was an invasion of privacy. As I am not a racing fan, I didn't follow the developments that closely, but it seems like the family won the right to keep the photos out of the public eye.

While I agree that the public has the right to know, I don't believe we always need to see. First and formost, we have a right to our privacy and our dignity.
And the only way to make the media understand our feelings on that is through our wallets. When we no longer pay for salacious trash, we will no longer have it thrust upon us.

Well said Sammy!

Occasionally my local paper shows (in my opinion) extreme poor taste by publishing a picture of an accident victim (at that point still alive) on a stretcher. Then the article will go on to say that the person later succumbed to their injuries. These kind of pictures disturb me enough to prompt me to fire off a letter to the editor. Why do we need to see a picture of someone in their last moments? What need does it fill? What useful role is it playing in society? I think about how it would feel if it was a picture of someone I knew & loved.

Unfortunately, it will only be when, as Sammy wisely notes, we quit buying this trash, that it will no longer be published. I might have been interested in reading the book investigating the crash, but now that I know there is a picture in it that I have no wish (& I feel, no right) to see, I will not be wasting my money on it.

Sammy said:
Let's hope not!

When Dale Earnhart died a few years ago, one of the Florida newspapers wanted the right to see his autopsy photos. His family argued that it was an invasion of privacy. As I am not a racing fan, I didn't follow the developments that closely, but it seems like the family won the right to keep the photos out of the public eye.

While I agree that the public has the right to know, I don't believe we always need to see. First and formost, we have a right to our privacy and our dignity.
And the only way to make the media understand our feelings on that is through our wallets. When we no longer pay for salacious trash, we will no longer have it thrust upon us.

Absolutely! I agree this is well said! I refuse to buy this trash and was horrified when I was paging through an old issue of "Hello," with photos of Diana's last summer vacation and there was coverage of Versace's death with pictures of him on a blood covered stretcher with oxygen over his face. I felt this was totally needless. But, as you expressed so articulately, the river of sludge will not stop till we stop buying these publications and books--and, for now, there must still be huge demand as they just keep coming.....

i would agree with sammy what posts says!

but i think Diana went funeral at Versaces and she didnt see her designer's body to open of view.But im sure i would agree with that posts but im sure paparazzi already taking pictures of Diana attended funeral in italy.

before Diana's death she told paparazzi and leave her alone and include boys but paparazzi still search over of Diana where she vacation with Dodi they after boys stay with their dad but paparazzi already taking pictures of her and Dodi on the newspaper covers says "Diana im fell in love with Dodi" and also she kissed with Dodi on the newspaper cover and lots of more!

Princejohnny25 said:
Diana was a pretty women but I dont think 8th place pretty. Caroline is much prettier and Kate Middleton is pretty but not 77th pretty. She is pretty but average.

I find it interesting that almost all of the top 10 to 20 placegetters are actresses. Diana is the one of the very few from the outside breaking into the higher echelon. The ranking is the collective result from all participants. I would have put Diana at the top of my list.

Even though I am an avid Diana fan I am dreading the 10th anniversary next year from what the press and writers will dredge up and write. Who knows what trash will be written about her? It just saddens me deeply, why can't they just write and remember the good?

Lily

Today, nine years since Diana's death. I cannot believe.

Nine years and you are still horribly missed. May God smile on your memory and those who love you.

Diana news can now be posted in the new thread, part 4, which can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom