The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Court Circular 1/18/22.

His Royal Highness, Commodore-in-Chief, Submarines, afterwards held a Meeting with Commodore James Perks (Commander, Faslane Flotilla) via video link.

I'm getting serious vibes from William that he's more than ready to step into his father's shoes as a potential Prince of Wales if not as the Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge. He's seriously stepped up his role as the heir to the heir to the throne and has built up his passions into some very well established avenues of work to preserve our earth and it's environment.

This is a man with his life in order and knows how he wants to go forward in service and duty not only to his country and his monarch but for the good of all of us. I have to admire that.

I'm getting serious vibes from William that he's more than ready to step into his father's shoes as a potential Prince of Wales if not as the Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge. He's seriously stepped up his role as the heir to the heir to the throne and has built up his passions into some very well established avenues of work to preserve our earth and it's environment.

This is a man with his life in order and knows how he wants to go forward in service and duty not only to his country and his monarch but for the good of all of us. I have to admire that.

Osipi, I agree with you!. It has been wonderful seeing Prince William grow into his role without much fuss. His father and grandmother must be very proud.

Seems like it was a successful trip. I particularly liked the opportunity to see Abu Dhabi's wetland nature reserves.

Nice to see that the Earthshot finalists are still getting the opportunity to connect with investors and others who might help them realise their projects.

CC
Kensington Palace
23rd February, 2022
The Duke of Cambridge this morning visited the Secret Intelligence Service, London.

The Duke of Cambridge took part in a Wreath Laying Ceremony as part of the ANZAC Day Services at The Cenotaph today, April 25, before later attending a Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey together with the Duchess of Cambridge, see here.

** gettyimages gallery ** gtresnews gallery **

Last edited:
Yesterday, April 28, the Duke of Cambridge spoke via video link to residents of Australia who have been affected by the recent flooding:

** Pic **

I don't know, if the Daily Fail took the most unflattering pictures, but Prince William looks very intense here, like a candle burning from both sides: These dramatic gestures and the face expressions...

If the pics are "true", then it is hard to imagine, that Prince William can keep this energy level for the next decades.

So, easy, Prince William! It is only badminton!

He was just enjoying himself... and as the couple explained many times both of them are quite passionate about and competitive in sports. I don't see the problem.

I don't know, if the Daily Fail took the most unflattering pictures, but Prince William looks very intense here, like a candle burning from both sides: These dramatic gestures and the face expressions...

Which pictures the DF uses depends on the angle of their story and how they want to portray the royal pictured. For years, they chose the absolutely most unflattering pictures possible of Beatrice and Eugenie they could find - eyes and mouth wide open, awkward facial expressions, legs askew, wind-blown clothes, etc. They still do this with Sarah most of the time. The pictures of Beatrice last week were some of the best candids they've ever used of her - I was actually quite surprised at how good she looked.

Just recently, there were angry posts about pictures of Catherine at a memorial service where she was smiling; the pictures were of her greeting the clergy but you wouldn't know it from the captions and some commenters accused her of laughing at a solemn occasion. Which pictures they choose to use and how they are captioned are deliberately chosen to suit whatever agenda the paper or "journalist" has at that particular moment.

Day 2 in Scotland started with a visit to Heart of Midlothian Football Club, Edinburgh to view a programme called 'The Changing Room' launched by SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health):

The Duke of Cambridge received shirts for his children:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge has personally given Deborah James her Damehood this afternoon.

Deborah James was made a dame for her commitment to raising bowel cancer awareness, as well as funds for research

Deborah was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2016, on Monday she revealed she was receiving hospice care at home and preparing to say goodbye.

"Prince William actually came to our family house today!! I am utterly honoured that he joined us for afternoon tea and champagne, where he not only spent a generous amount of time talking to my whole family but also honoured me with my Damehood. It’s quite surreal having a royal pop in at home, and yes you can imagine the cleaning antics and preparation went off the scale - but it was all irrelevant because William was so kind and he put us all at ease. He is clearly passionate about improving oncology outcomes as the President of the Royal Marsden. It was such a special day for my whole family, making memories to last a life time. He’s welcome back any time!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdgvKgJoPzN/

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...raiser-surpasses-5MILLION-just-FOUR-days.html
"

I am so pleased that this honour was delivered in person to Deborah James by a member of the British Royal Family.

This is so touching. I had wondered if the damehood would come through in time, and it's wonderful that it did, and that the Duke of Cambridge made the time and effort to make the presentation special to Deborah and her family.

I echo the above sentiments! I am so glad the Duke cleared his calendar to personally bestow such a well deserved honor. Deborah has such a beautiful and courageous spirit. God bless her!

I’m so glad William gave this honor to her in person. Well deserved.

Over £5 million raised so far, which is wonderful for Deborah to know.

One report also said that William had offered to leave the award "at the front door" if Deborah wasn't well enough for a visit. I'm so glad she and all her family were able to have this memory. (And tea and champagne sounds great!)

Posts about the Duke of Cambridge travelling to Abu Dhabi to offers his condolences following the death of UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed have been moved to this extra thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom