The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Later Prince William as Colonel-in-Chief for the Irish Guards inspected the troops and presented new colors.

Quote:
Glorious sunshine in Windsor as Prince William, Col of the Irish Guards, inspects the front rank before presenting new colours to the regiment ahead of Trooping the Colour on June 2
Old 05-17-2022, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Here are a copy of the Duke of Cambridge's speech and some photos of the inspection today, May 17:

** Speech ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 05-18-2022, 09:55 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge, Commodore-in-Chief Submarines, unveiled a new Submariners memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire today, May 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Duke of Cambridge Unveils Submariners Memorial **
Old 05-18-2022, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duke of Cambridge, Commodore-in-Chief Submarines, unveiled a new Submariners memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire today, May 18:

Here's a video from today's visit

Old 05-19-2022, 08:47 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge received the President of Colombia Iván Duque at Kensington Palace today, May 19. The meeting follows Colombia signing the Buckingham Palace Declaration last month, becoming the first country to join United for Wildlife:

** Pic **
Old 05-28-2022, 07:19 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel of the Irish Guards participated in the Colonel's Review, the final rehearsal of the Trooping the Colour, today, May 28:

** pa images gallery ** gtresnews gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Old 06-01-2022, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

CC

Kensington Palace
1st June, 2022
The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this evening attended the Senior Colonels’ Conference and Dinner at Clarence House.
Old 06-16-2022, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I was just watching CNN's The Lead with Jake Tapper. In today's episode (6/16/22),
Sandra Garza, the partner of fallen police officer Brian Sidnick shared a letter that the Duke of Cambridge sent her last November.
Sandra Garza was deeply touched that the Duke took the time to honor her husband while President Trump could not.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/polit...iot/index.html
Old 06-16-2022, 08:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I was just watching CNN's The Lead with Jake Tapper. In today's episode (6/16/22),
Sandra Garza, the partner of fallen police officer Brian Sidnick shared a letter that the Duke of Cambridge sent her last November.
Sandra Garza was deeply touched that the Duke took the time to honor her husband while President Trump could not.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/polit...iot/index.html

I saw this as well, thought it was a lovely gesture. But I think I misheard one part, because I thought she said he sent it last November, but had only just received it. I was trying to imagine why it would have taken so long :)
Old 06-18-2022, 01:52 AM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ien-world.html

Can a new thread be opened - Titled WILLIAM AT 40?
Old 06-18-2022, 03:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sionevar View Post
I saw this as well, thought it was a lovely gesture. But I think I misheard one part, because I thought she said he sent it last November, but had only just received it. I was trying to imagine why it would have taken so long :)
I have always been rather ambivalent about William. I used to find him priggish and judgmental.

But reading about how he reached out to that poor woman blew my mind. It was a classy, thoughtful thing to do and only a kind heart would have bothered.

I am now firmly Team William.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 06-24-2022, 10:56 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, June 24:

** Pic ** pa images gallery **
Old 06-29-2022, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Prince William actually came to our family house today!! I am utterly honoured that he joined us for afternoon tea and champagne, where he not only spent a generous amount of time talking to my whole family but also honoured me with my Damehood. It’s quite surreal having a royal pop in at home, and yes you can imagine the cleaning antics and preparation went off the scale - but it was all irrelevant because William was so kind and he put us all at ease. He is clearly passionate about improving oncology outcomes as the President of the Royal Marsden. It was such a special day for my whole family, making memories to last a life time. He’s welcome back any time!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdgvKgJoPzN/
"
Deborah James, the Duke of Cambridge had presented with her Damehood last month, has died yesterday, June 28.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have sent a message today:

Quote:
We are so sad to hear the heartbreaking news about Dame Deborah. Our thoughts are with her children, her family and her loved ones.

Deborah was an inspirational and unfalteringly brave woman whose legacy will live on. W & C

** dailymail article **
Old 07-01-2022, 07:55 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge sent a message to the 2022 Diana Award recipients:

** Message **
Old 07-02-2022, 09:25 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge met New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern at Kensington Palace in London during her visit to the UK today, July 2:

** Pic **
Old 07-02-2022, 10:56 AM
Majesty

This is in their reception room in their own home, isnt it? Where they for example also received the Obamas.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
This is in their reception room in their own home, isnt it? Where they for example also received the Obamas.
Yes I believe it is though they moved the furniture and changed the curtains.
A really beautiful reception room.
https://dianalegacy.com/wp-content/u...TTY-IMAGES.jpg
Old 07-04-2022, 11:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I have always been rather ambivalent about William. I used to find him priggish and judgmental.

But reading about how he reached out to that poor woman blew my mind. It was a classy, thoughtful thing to do and only a kind heart would have bothered.

I am now firmly Team William.
If I may ask. Why did you find him “priggish and judgemental”?
Old 07-07-2022, 07:30 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, July 7:

** Pic **
Old 09-08-2022, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Please see the new thread below:
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...2-a-49537.html

Tags
current events, duke of cambridge, prince william