The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have never heard of a 2/3 schedule - what is that? I honestly didn't know and I bet I'm not the only one. I just wanted to understand the comment and Rudolph did that. Thanks to him!
well, here it's not unusual to work 75% or 50% or 80% instead of 100% so I guess he'll work 60-70% workscheadule

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge will visit @HammersmithAcad to support the @DianaAward's #Back2School Anti-bullying Campaign on 21 September

Anti-Bullying ‏@AntiBullyingPro
We're thrilled to announce HRH Prince William will be visiting us for our #Back2School training day on 21 Sept @KensingtonRoyal @DianaAward

Anti-Bullying Pro @AntiBullyingPro
Looking forward to The Duke of Cambridge meeting Anti-Bullying Ambassadors from across London schools.

Diana Award ‏@DianaAward
We're thrilled to announce HRH Prince William will be visiting us for @AntiBullyingPro #Back2School training day 21 Sept @KensingtonRoyal

Last edited:
:previous:

I am missing the point in posting the same message in four different wordings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am missing the point in posting the same message in four different wordings.

Well obviously I can't speak for Rudolph's reasons but for me, it is handy to see the various Twitter accounts for these type of occasions, so I can follow accordingly :)

The Duke of Cambridge will visit @HammersmithAcad to support the @DianaAward's #Back2School Anti-bullying Campaign on 21 September

We're thrilled to announce HRH Prince William will be visiting us for our #Back2School training day on 21 Sept @KensingtonRoyal @DianaAward

Looking forward to The Duke of Cambridge meeting Anti-Bullying Ambassadors from across London schools.

Diana Award ‏@DianaAward
We're thrilled to announce HRH Prince William will be visiting us for @AntiBullyingPro #Back2School training day 21 Sept @KensingtonRoyal
:clap::bounce:
Yeah! Hallelujah!
I cannot tell you how excited I am for this, nor how much it means to me. I'll be here! Cannot wait to see William in action! Cannot think of anyone better for this! I'm thrilled!
I love the sound of this! Had my school done this, I might not have my issues.
Great to see William taking action on his bullying campaign. It's not just words- he really wants to help. I've never met William, but I can tell what kind of person he is. Still, I was a little hesitant to believe he really meant what he said. He did. I can't wait to see this. And any events in the future. I hope there will be plenty more. I know there will, but I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm glad to have William be my voice. I couldn't think of anyone better. There is no one else I want.

Last edited:

Diana Award ‏@DianaAward

Absolutely wonderful news! I can't think of a better representative for this cause. Looking forward to seeing William in action. This issue is very personal for me, and I'm thrilled that it's getting the attention it deserves.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes indeed excellent to see such a worthwhile cause and indeed issue having its profile, hopefully upped.

Prince William will be making a visit in support of his late mother Princess Diana's anti-bulling campaign, the Kensington Palace has confirmed. The engagement was announced via Twitter on Thursday: "The Duke of Cambridge will visit @HammersmithAcad to support the @DianaAward's #Back2School Anti-bullying Campaign on 21 September."

William will meet youngsters at west London's Hammersmith Academy in support of the award-winning charity founded in 1999, two years after Diana passed away, to tackle bullying and social exclusion.
Read more: Prince William to make visit academy in support of late mother Princess Diana's anti-bullying campaign - hellomagazine.com

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy
The Duke of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal will present 67 honours at today's #Investiture at #WindsorCastle

Sir Gareth Edwards reassures William over Wales World Cup campaign

A "concerned" Duke of Cambridge was eager for "words of encouragement" about the state of the Wales rugby team when he knighted rugby legend Sir Gareth Edwards today.

Some 67 people received honours from the Duke at Windsor Castle including the former Wales captain, talent show judge Nigel Lythgoe and Stevie Wonder's manager Keith Harris.

Sir Gareth, who was named rugby union's greatest-ever player in 2003, said the Duke was keen to have a "little chat about rugby" and the Wales team in particular which has lost several star players to injury in the weeks before the start of the World Cup.

Sir Gareth said: "Prince William wanted to have a little chat about rugby and obviously, being patron of the Welsh team, he was concerned about our injuries.
Read more: Sir Gareth Edwards reassures William over Wales World Cup campaign - BT

I am so glad to hear Welsh Rugby is safe.

I really know absolutely nothing about rugby at all. When a player runs the bases, do they yell "safe" and "out" like in baseball? :D

One thing this story does point out to me though is that although William may really be a rugby enthusiast, with doing investitures, he probably took the time ahead of the ceremony to find out a little something about each and every one that honor was bestowed on and was able to make little personal comments with each and every one of them. I think I've read somewhere that HM gets a list of the names, the honor and what they are being honored for.

Granny has probably taught William well and he does his homework before the ceremony like she does. It makes it so much more personal when that bright, shiny medal is being pinned on.

William is the vice patron of the Welsh Rugby Union. The guy getting the knighthood is a Welsh rugby legend. William would know who he was already. William was concerned about the Welsh team because they lost 2 of their superstars for the World Cup during their last warm up match.

William has been a rugby supporter for years. He went to Australia and New Zealand with the Lions tour after university. (The lions are basically an all star team of rugby players from the Welsh, Irish, Scottish and England squads).

There are going to lots of Royal rugby support. Anne is the Scotland rugby patron, Harry is Vice Patron for England. The Queen is patron for Wales and England that's why W&H are vice patrons. Plus the World Cup is full of commonwealth countries- Canada, S Africa, Australia, NZ, Fiji etc plus the 4 home nations of UK.

With regards to investitures, the royal doing is briefed beforehand to who is getting the honor, what for and background of person so they can have a brief personal chat with them as the person receives their honor.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Prince William is tackling bullying in schools – for a charity in his late mother's name.

On Monday, William, 33, will take part in a training day on the problems facing kids over cyberbullying and LGBT bullying.

Young people trained by the non-profit Diana Award organization identify bullying and share practical tips on prevention.

A Kensington Palace spokesman tells PEOPLE that William has been especially interested in the group's Ambassadors program: He visited Diana Award Ambassadors in South Shields, northeast England, in 2013. "He hopes it will help de-stigmatize bullying issues in schools," his spokesman says.

"He particularly likes the idea of a peer-led support network to prevent any child or young person suffering in silence," adds his spokesman. "And that's what he's keen to see in action on Monday."

Part of that is a "high five" – identifying five people a child can go to for help. William is expected to observe and take part in the workshops.
Read more: Prince William Fights Bullying for Charity in Princess Diana's Name : People.com

Diana Award @DianaAward
We're looking forward to welcoming HRH The Duke of Cambridge to our @AntiBullyingPro training tomorrow 21 Sept #Back2School @KensingtonRoyal

Wonder if bullying would include laughing at your (reportedly dyslexic) brother for his voice cracking as he makes a speech infront of a stadium crowd of 80000 plus a TV audience of unknown millions. Wouldn't say William is the best role model in this regard

Oh come on....that's hardly bullying. This is a classic example of why I always am wary of these types of things...people don't use common sense when applying them.

LaRae

There have been reported incidents of William snickering and making jokes at his brother's expense on previous occasions and if that isn't bullying I don't know what is.

We all know what bulling is. William and Harry having fun at each other's expense is not bullying. Its good natured and does not have an aggressive element to it.

And I bet Harry making fun of William being bald is not.

I´m so sick of this whole "bad William" and "victim Harry" thing.

Thank God for voices of sanity. Rudolph and krallowitz ...exactly. Well said.

LaRae

Wonder if bullying would include laughing at your (reportedly dyslexic) brother for his voice cracking as he makes a speech infront of a stadium crowd of 80000 plus a TV audience of unknown millions. Wouldn't say William is the best role model in this regard
Uhm... having a rough/teasing kind of joking enviroment between family is not bullying. I was bullied! But my sister teasing me about my Asperger and me teasing her about her Dyslexia is nothing other than making light of your everyday life. If I every day told her she was stupid and stuff, THEN it would be bullying. Not when you are doing it on a good natured, equal ground.

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014

Exactly they both tease each other. Harry jokes about William going bald. He joked when Kate's second pregnancy was announced that he was glad to see his brother suffer more and hoped it was a girl to see him try to cope with that. Charles joked at the royal wedding reception that William was going to push him off a cliff in his wheelchair at old age.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

To me, the bantering and teasing remarks between the brothers are kind of endearing. I always thought that these teasing remarks made in public and in most cases, made the press or video clips was something the brothers do when they're away from each other and sends the message "I'm thinking of you".

I think the funniest one I've seen is when Harry was running a foot race in Africa (can't remember the charity offhand but I want to say Tusk or Lesotho) and as the race started, he held a face mask in front of his face that had a picture of William on it.

It got to a point with me that I started to look for those little messages and digs. It was just something they do and I could imagine the brother on the receiving end of the dig grinning his head off. I never saw it as being mean or degrading or anything in a negative connotation but showed the closeness the brothers share.

As the brothers got older and their lifestyles changed and their obligations took them in different directions, it made me smile to know they were thinking of each other. :D

As far as Charles goes, I loved the one liner he said when Will and Kate got engaged. "They were practicing long enough".

Last edited:
Diana Award @DianaAward
Press release: Tomorrow The Duke of Cambridge will visit our @AntiBullyingPro training #LGBT #cyberbullying

On the Monday the 21st September, The Duke of Cambridge is showing his support for The Diana Award’s Anti-Bullying Ambassadors #Back2School campaign and urging young people to not suffer in silence by seeking support from those around them.

A recent online survey of nearly 2,000 young people, conducted by The Diana Award to capture young people’s concerns about bullying as they go back to school, reveals a third of young people reported they didn’t feel comfortable telling anyone about bullying and over half think about skipping school. It highlights the need to tackle the stigma of not speaking out or not feeling comfortable to seek help from a support network.

The Duke will take part in a training session focused on support networks, cyber-bullying and LGBT bullying issues at Hammersmith Academy in London. He will observe how Diana Award Anti-Bullying Ambassadors are taught to recognise signs of bullying and how they can encourage victims to seek help and speak out about their concerns.

During the training each young person will be asked to identify five trusted sources they could seek support from. These support networks will be shared in a ‘high five’ exercise. The Duke will meet 50 young people from across London at Hammersmith Academy including:
Read more: | Diana Award

I say this with respect, but I find what you said offensive. Now I am not saying let's rush the Duke to Pope Francis for sainthood. But the fact is the Duke is one of my role models in... Pretty much anything. On days when I can't find a reason to smile, the Duke's smile gives me a reason to smile- and carry on. I am not saying what I am about to for pity or to water down Harry's dyslexia.

I am disabled. I was the victim of bullying - a form of torture in my opinion- by both children- and adults in the school setting. ( never by my parents) I know what bullying is, and what it is not. I don't think you do. And if you have been bullied , I am more than willing to listen. I say that because what you think was bullying was not. I have followed the Duke for years. Never has my mind thought of him as a bully or associated him with the word. Never. I would never think to use that word to describe the Duke. Just the opposite. He's on the other end of the spectrum from a bully.

If he was a bully, why would children light up in his presence? Flock to him for a hug? Why would he work with special needs kids who adore him? In all the time I have followed the Duke, I have never heard an unkind remark about a child's disability attributed to him ever, and I don't expect to. I'll be more than shocked if I ever do. I have never read of a situation where anyone in that circumstance who met the Duke was offended by him - and again don't expect to. Would be shocked if I did.

Most of the instances referred to here occurred in childhood. Children and teens sometimes say offensive things. Parents correct them. They learn. They grow up. Just because William may have been a bully in childhood doesn't mean the adult William is one now.

There is a difference between bullying and teasing too. I have muscle and nerve issues because of my CP. Sometimes I twitch. I jerk. Wiggle. One of my teachers always used to say " Oh Rose, you have ants in your pants today." I didn't find it offensive. It was our joke. It helped me feel better about it. Same with teachers threatening to issue speeding tickets. Made me feel better about being the only kid in class with an electric wheelchair. Over the years, teachers made some awesome jokes about me. I love to tease. But I am sensitive too. So one can always ask- Are you kidding or are you serious if your'e not sure. Over the years, I have heard of the Duke picking his moments, and making little jokes such as " Don't run me over" to a kid in an electric wheelchair. Every time the kid relaxed, and the ice was broke.

It just offends me that you say that because as a past victim of bullying I am proud to have the Duke be my voice. Couldn't think of anyone better. Would not want anybody else.
@ Curryong- this post is for you too.
I'm looking forward to Monday and Tuesday. How many engagements are there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom