The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that might be another error, unless it has to do with something whichever brother is page to the the Queen.

I would be curious to know the distinction between Mr Samual Chatto and Master Arthur Chatto - both being young boys. I always had heard the cut off age was 18... but perhaps it is younger.

My mother taught me to use Master up to age 8. I'm not sure if there is an official cutoff age but I'd never go against my mother ;-)

I would be curious to know the distinction between Mr Samual Chatto and Master Arthur Chatto - both being young boys. I always had heard the cut off age was 18... but perhaps it is younger.

I could be wrong, but I wonder if this has anything to do with Arthur being the younger of the two brothers and therefore being called 'Master' to show that particular distinction.

My mother taught me to use Master up to age 8. I'm not sure if there is an official cutoff age but I'd never go against my mother ;-)

I was taught the same thing csw. I have no idea where my parents got this idea though. They called my son Master Ryan until he was 8 and then it became Mister. My parents are kind of nutty though. My dad still calls me Madame Kazonga. Again, no idea where that came from!

I was taught the same thing csw. I have no idea where my parents got this idea though. They called my son Master Ryan until he was 8 and then it became Mister. My parents are kind of nutty though. My dad still calls me Madame Kazonga. Again, no idea where that came from!

Madame Kazonga is an AWESOME name!!!

Duke of Edinburgh's health scare puts Prince William's career as RAF pilot in doubt
Just days after celebrating his 30th birthday, has Prince William already made a decision about his future with the RAF? One senior officer tells me they are not hopeful that the Duke of Cambridge will resume his service as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot when his current tour of duty ends next year. ‘He has a tour review date to discuss his next posting pencilled in for the final quarter of the year, but first he has to tell us if he wants to continue. We realise there are other demands and William has this unique, dual role.’

My word the papers scrape the bottom of the barrel with articles like that one. I'm sure the whole nation was on tenterhooks waiting to hear how cold William was while being pulled along by a speedboat in the sea off Anglesey. We can all rest easy now we know. :rolleyes:

Apparently while bobbing about in the sea William became 'soaked to the skin'. Cutting edge journalism there from the Sun.

It also may not be entirely William's decision; I'm sure his employers at the RAF have issues of their own that would need to be discussed. The longer William continues with the forces, the greater the likelihood that his father will become King while he, (William), is employed full time as a pilot. I'm sure William's employers appreciate the unique nature of his other job, but the fact is they have scheduling and staffing concerns and they need to be able to make plans based on the assumption that their pilots will be fully committed for the full length of their terms of service.

It also may not be entirely William's decision; I'm sure his employers at the RAF have issues of their own that would need to be discussed. The longer William continues with the forces, the greater the likelihood that his father will become King while he, (William), is employed full time as a pilot. I'm sure William's employers appreciate the unique nature of his other job, but the fact is they have scheduling and staffing concerns and they need to be able to make plans based on the assumption that their pilots will be fully committed for the full length of their terms of service.

I think i've got the date right, but the search and rescue part of the Navy and RAF are due to be privatised next year. William will loose his job and therefore have no choice but to 'become a royal'.

:previous: I thought that contract was in douby but I haven't kept track of it.

He is on "secondment" (I don't know the proper term) to the RAF from his army regiment. He has the choice to return to that, although it would probably be a desk job as he won't be allowed to fight.

If SAR is not an option, and there is desk job or royal - think he'd choose royal

UPDATE: was some doubt but now sorted (source Telegraph) all in place by 2016. So technically he could do anpther 3 year stint

Last edited:
All in place by 2016 but things are going to start disappearing before then. William would be doing the right thing by stepping up to real royal duties by the end of this year, his grandparents are not getting any younger and he can see this with his own eyes. This health scare is a sign that both Elizabeth and Philip should slow down. We know Elizabeth isn't going to abdicate but I don't want to see either of them pass too quickly and not have chance to see William grow.

I agree (I was just going to send that message but apparently its too short!) :)

Is that from just this weekend? I heard William was working, so is Harry in Anglesey for a playdate?:lol:

I'd be surprised if that's Anglesey. More likely to be Cornwall for surfing. The Palace said that William had a 'prior commitment', obviously a day's surfing with his brother.

You know your beaches, EIIR!!!:D And I guess they have their priorities straight.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if that's Anglesey. More likely to be Cornwall for surfing. The Palace said that William had a 'prior commitment', obviously a day's surfing with his brother.

good for them - I wonder how often they get away with doing this where no one recognizes them.

Its 00:15 UK time and this is not being reported on any of the main media sites.

Its 00:15 UK time and this is not being reported on any of the main media sites.
perhaps the palace is keeping hush? I'm just thinking maybe William doesn't want them announcing every time he saves someone.:flowers:

Unwarranted Celebrity Commentary

I have seen the comments of Mr. Bieber and the royal correspondent's response. It is the custom of hollywood to roast and haze the popular and beautiful people. Male pattern balding is a worldwide issue and can be prevented in some cases. Complications of hemophilia, diabetes and heart disease can cause hair loss. Stress can cause it also. As much as I hate to say it but bald is not beautiful to all people. Hair loss is also hereditary on the mother's side of the family most often. If your mom has hair so should you. Otherwise your physician is not doing their job. My thought is to ignore Justin and check it out just the same. Then one day maybe you can joke about Justin's pacifier or other odd hobbies. Perhaps you might even end up friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this got to do with William and Catherine's married life? :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this got to do with William and Catherine's married life? :whistling:

I guess a potential cure for William's future baldness or part-baldness should be a topic for his and Catherine's married life as it is not really a current event, right? :ROFLMAO:

I just read the headline at the DM about Justin Bieber giving William advice on how to cope with that problem and I just thought: be glad, kid, that Flight-Lieutenant Wales is not giving you some advice of his own! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom