The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29, 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This event was supposed to be a Henry and William event but Rebecca tells otherwise;

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 40m
On the royal beat today, Prince William due to play polo for charity at Chester Racecourse - but no Harry or Kate, I am told #royal

Didn't something similar happen to Charles while playing polo when Diana was pregnant and the press made quite a meal out of it?

Such things happen during almost every polo match. It is the nature of the sport. Horses moving at speed and bumping into each other, mallets swinging and balls flying, it is why polo is such a dangerous sport. Of course unless it happens to a royal it is not "newsworthy".

Also, he doesn't really look to be in any danger to me. More like reaching for a shot and missing with a little over balance. It isn't as though he was dragged by the stirrup through the car park!

Hi Ghost!

Also heard on twitter that both William and Harry were at stag do today at Kew Pier. A "van" someone (straubenzee or cutzem???) is getting married on 22nd June so assume it was connected with that.

Thomas Van Straubenzee is getting married on 22nd June with Melissa Percy. But his stag do was some weeks ago in Northumberland. William and Harry were there according to some tweets.
William van Cutsem married 2 or 3 weeks ago.

James Meade is also getting married. It may have been his stag do.

Kate's ex Rupert Finch is also getting married next week but I somehow doubt William and Harry were at his stag.

Hi cepe! I'm back finally haha I've missed this place so much.

The telegraph is saying it was for tom van...but I think they are wrong his stag was at the end of april.

The telegraph is saying it was for tom van...but I think they are wrong his stag was at the end of april.

You are right. the stag do was for Wills really good friend James Meade who is suppose to marry Lady Laura Marsham this month.

Was it for James...because some people thing the one in April may have been for someone else...but, whatever it clearly was for one of his friends.

the one in April was in Northumberland, where van Straubenzee is marrying, though he isn't from there, I think, Lady Melissa is.

James Meade can be seen in one of the pictures just behind William in this weekend's one. So, likely it was for him this time.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
Other royal news I have for you today:prince William is due to play in a charity polo match with Prince Harry this weekend, baby permitting

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
William committed to match before George was born & hates to let charities down but will make a final decision later this week, sources say

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 39m
For those asking, I believe the polo is at Coworth Park in Berkshire this weekend - so just a short hop down the road from Bucklebury.....

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2h
#royal As Prince #William prepares to decide on his future career, he'll leave RAF Valley & Anglesey. So the Aug 14th visit to say goodbye?

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h
#royal Prince William will visit the Anglesey Show on Aug 14th - his first public engagement since becoming a dad #Kate #George

I thought he went back to work this past Wednesday?

He must not be working this weekend.

lol was him going to a stag really front page worthy...and its not an escape from kate...its an escape from anglseey and his job...kates in Berkshire...so the headline is dumb...and i am sure james meade will be so thrilled that his stag is front page news. (pretty sure its his since he is getting married in september..which now makes me think the wedding is early sept.)

it must be a slow news day for the sun.

Not even going to read the article because it'll be Catherine who's obviously given him permission when it's mor accurate that his squad leader is the one handing out permission.

I imagine he wouldn't be going if Catherine wasn't okay with it, regardless of the military's position on it! So, I guess she did give him permission. That's the way marriage works. If you want to do something that the other party might be inconvenienced or annoyed by, you generally "ask permission".

These headlines are insane IMO. They cant expect William to be there 24/7. Im sure he has friends and also other things to attend like everyone else. Lucky for him to get maternity leave 2 weeks. Many countries like mine for example dont give fathers that leave. Im also pretty sure that William & Kate have an understanding.

I think it's wrong for the media to say Catherine gave William permission to go. Most likely these plans are made in advance and they know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom