The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Harry's "truth bombs" are turning out to be more bombs than truth....with his allegation that it was Meghan instead of his brother William who urged him to seek therapy for his issues being only the latest one. Millions of people, myself included....have a very clear memory of reading that it was William who was responsible for getting him to seek help years ago.

Doesn't Harry realize that much of what he is asserting publicly as fact can be proven/disproven?:ermm:

I don’t think he does, sadly; I think he and Meghan are relying on people just believing them.

It’s rather disturbing that Harry is trying to re-write history to make insert Meghan where William was. This alone would be enough to call into question his recollections, his motivations...

Could Harry have not begun therapy when William suggested it, at say 28, continued it for a while then, for whatever reason (decided he didn’t need it any more, he felt the therapist had said all there was to say, or something else) and then started it again with another therapist when Meghan suggested it? It’s not necessarily contradictory or indicative of Harry lying.

More complaining....It makes me sick because obviously Harry was being sent where the family (I guess really HM and Charles) thought he was needed. Whining about traveling to speak to people - presumably to do some good - is disgraceful, and he hasn’t a clue how bad he looks. Also, it’s not as if HM, Charles, etc...never traveled. My god, it never ends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...cumentary.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK
So what happened to the therapy that he said helped him before he even met Meghan and now all of a sudden it is all about Meghan “saving” him???

:previous: Hi Curry....yes of course that could be the case. But the way the question was posed, and the way it was answered by Harry seem pretty unequivocal. It was Meghan who "saw right away" that he needed help. Harry could have easily qualified his statement by saying that she is the one who suggested he go BACK INTO THERAPY.

But just like the fracas over the "we were already married before the spectacle" comments why bother?

Recollections may vary.:cool:

ETA: Harry keeps implying that his family could have/should have done something to stop online bullying of MM and by extension himself. Does he seriously believe a statement from the Royals would have made the whole thing stop? Since when has a statement from ANYONE anwhere on the planet discouraged internet trolling?

I wish Harry would stop flogging that particular horse. It is as baffling as it is irritating. Why not demand that Buckingham Palace order world peace while he is at it?

He and Meghan were the objects of just as much adoration as there was unkindness....in fact more. But he conveniently chooses to ignore that.

Last edited:
Yes, but that might just be ‘Meghan saw right away I needed help’ at that particular time. Harry wouldn’t necessarily be going into all the other times when he was younger and said he saw ‘GPS, counsellors, therapists, alternative therapists etc’ while he was speaking on the show about Meghan picking up signs as his girlfriend. She naturally didn’t know him when he was single and 27/28 and William advised him to see someone, did she?

A person in my very immediate family is undergoing an intense and very nearly unbearable episode of his bipolar disorder right now. A good day for him and for us is one in which he wakes up. The best of compassionate and loving attention, the most carefully studied and prescribed medication, the most professional and sophisticated counseling.... all with only minimal results... and there is...no...cure... Dealing with mental illness of a loved one is heartbreaking. And it takes every bit of courage and self sacrifice I/we can muster to go forward trying to find answers.

Someone upthread suggested Harry should be allowed to ‘crash and burn’, be ignored, ‘frozen out’, as it is so ‘painful for Charles, William, and the Queen.’

That, I/we, will never do. We’re not going to let our son die, just for our convenience.

It’s all very well to say what Harry and Meghan should or shouldn’t do. And I won’t say what the BRF should or shouldn’t do. I/we do whatever we can, and it’s excruciatingly difficult to keep going.

Episodes of a loved one’s mental illness are inconvenient, embarrassing, frustrating, frightening, but we won’t let our son die if we can help it.
I am so very sorry about your son struggling with Bipolar Disorder. It sounds like you are doing everything humanly possible to make sure he has the help he needs and to support him in every way. It is so very frustrating and heart breaking to watch and feel helpless when someone we love is ill like this. I do hope that you are finding some ways to take care of yourself in the midst of this - as hard as I know that is. Please know that I care. ❤️

Me too. I am so sorry, ladongas. My thoughts and my prayers are with you both and your son in this health crisis for your family.

It is absolutely vile that Harry is implying that Diana's death was caused directly or indirectly by Dodi' race. Who is being racist now? Harry should look in the mirror.

I look forward to the day when Harry can look at his life and acknowledge the positives as I believe he has so many. To speak about how grateful he is to have been born into his position, have had the many happy family times and holidays that he seems to have enjoyed, to have been able to do things and travel places that most of us can only dream about, to serve the institution to the best of his ability, have had so many friends, family, opportunities. We all have trauma in our lives, some more than others of course, but can't we gain strength from those who have dealt with it in a positive and meaningful way. Why can't we acknowledge that we live in different times and places than our parents, that they did the best for us in the only way they new how at the time. In some ways Harry seem to have more problems with Meghan's ethnicity than anyone else.

Could Harry have not begun therapy when William suggested it, at say 28, continued it for a while then, for whatever reason (decided he didn’t need it any more, he felt the therapist had said all there was to say, or something else) and then started it again with another therapist when Meghan suggested it? It’s not necessarily contradictory or indicative of Harry lying.

Oprah specifically asked him if before he met Meghan, he had ever started the process of trying to figure out what was wrong. He said no. From Harry’s own account, we know that’s not true. In 2017, he spoke openly about William pushing him to get help, how he was finally dealing with Diana’s death and that his 2+ years of therapy helped him get to a better place in his life.

It’s possible that there were still issues that Harry needed to deal with and Meghan saw that and pushed him to get help. And if so, that’s what he should have said instead of telling Oprah he had never gone to therapy/tried to figure out what was wrong.

Last edited:
ladongas, my prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.

I see a therapist now and again. It is helpful to vent and get an informed and gently delivered opinion about things.

My wonderful therapist said nothing about going on national television and denigrating my family.

Oprah specifically asked him if before he met Meghan, he had ever started the process of trying to figure out what was wrong. He said no. From Harry’s own account, we know that’s not true. In 2017, he spoke openly about William pushing him to get help, how he was finally dealing with Diana’s death and that his 2+ years of therapy helped him get to a better place in his life.

It’s possible that there were still issues that Harry needed to deal with and Meghan saw that and pushed him to get help. And if so, that’s what he should have said instead of telling Oprah he had never gone to therapy/tried to figure out what was wrong.

Harry said when he spoke at the JP Morgan event that he got therapy at 28 and it lasted for 7 years

So what happened to the therapy that he said helped him before he even met Meghan and now all of a sudden it is all about Meghan “saving” him???

It seems like they’re pushing Meghan as his savior narrative now hoping people will buy it and ignore what came out of Harry’s own mouth previously. And sadly quite a few people, even on this forum where we follow the Royals more closer, are buying it.

I find that the best way to counter the people who are buying Harry's current narrative is to provide the links to previous statements or even better the documentaries.

I am at a loss as to his end game though.

Is it to destroy the monarchy or just his father?

And as far as Harry’s statements about his engagements are concerned many of his statements on The Me You Can’t See have been taken out of context and twisted by the tabloid media. It’s clear Harry felt extremely stressed at many points between 28 and 34. Why, considering his known state of mental health and the fact he was seeing therapists for at least some of the time, was it considered fine by TPTB and other royals for him (and Meghan) to be sent on these tours and engagements? Because he was popular with the public and it was good PR for the ‘firm’ for the BRF, that’s why.

Nobody kidnapped him and put him on the plane. If he didn't feel up to going, he should have said so. Many people feel stressed and see therapists - I've done so myself. It doesn't mean that you take 6 years off work. It's not "PR for the firm" - it's a job, representing the British government and the Royal Family.

Harry said when he spoke at the JP Morgan event that he got therapy at 28 and it lasted for 7 years

Do you have a link for what Harry is supposed to have said at the JP Morgan event? When he and Meghan were supposed to have attended that, ii was reported to be a ticketed and very private event, with the media not invited. I can’t remember any verifiable news reports of what Harry spoke about at the event other than it was something about Diana.

Nobody kidnapped him and put him on the plane. If he didn't feel up to going, he should have said so. Many people feel stressed and see therapists - I've done so myself. It doesn't mean that you take 6 years off work. It's not "PR for the firm" - it's a job, representing the British government and the Royal Family.

How do we know that Harry didn’t say No but was told by TPTB that it had to be done? And these royal tours ARE partly PR. The Committee that arranges these things at the Colonial Office/Commonwealth Secretariat know that very well, as Commonwealth Govts quite like visits by popular and/or young royals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that the best way to counter the people who are buying Harry's current narrative is to provide the links to previous statements or even better the documentaries.

I am at a loss as to his end game though.

Is it to destroy the monarchy or just his father?

This is how i approached it too, but maybe Harry's current mental state is not about facts but about feelings.
Trying to argue fact based will only make him dig his heals deeper in the sand, more convinced that no one understands.
(Even a simple "i feel cold" can not be argued with a factual "how is that possible, you're wearing a sweater")

It is my feeling the RF (ofcourse i don't know, other than 'recollections may vary' we don't know anything for certain) is convinced he doesn't attack them on purpose (for the sole reason of attacking them) and that more than anything they want to give Harry space to work through his issues in the way he feels he needs to do it. (even though his methods are likely completely alien to them)

It is also my feeling that in 5 or 10 years time when Harry looks back on this peiod, he will regret throwing everything out in public
And then he can start showing compassion..

Obviously he did not say no. If he had and they forced him/them anyways they would have gladly told Auntie Oprah about this additional thing the big, bad RF made them do.

This is how i approached it too, but maybe Harry's current mental state is not about facts but about feelings.
Trying to argue fact based will only make him dig his heals deeper in the sand, more convinced that no one understands.
(Even a simple "i feel cold" can not be argued with a factual "how is that possible, you're wearing a sweater")

It is my feeling the RF (ofcourse i don't know, other than 'recollections may vary' we don't know anything for certain) is convinced he doesn't attack them on purpose (for the sole reason of attacking them) and that more than anything they want to give Harry space to work through his issues in the way he feels he needs to do it. (even though his methods are likely completely alien to them)

It is also my feeling that in 5 or 10 years time when Harry looks back on this peiod, he will regret throwing everything out in public
And then he can start showing compassion..

Obviously it suits the RF to think that their Harry would never, ever do this to them. They all probably blame Meghan for this.

Harry is feeding the monster that he was supposed to shut out of his life, making exactly the same mistake his mother made.
History is repeating itself and like in Diana's case, it is naive to believe that all of this will not come back to haunt him.
A lose cannon, and it will get worse because at some point his public soul searching will be wearing thin and the community will move on to the next hot topic.
And he will be left behind even more angry, because at some point he might understand that he was used as a show pony for audience and money. Oprah is not a compassionate therapist, she is a business woman.

Do you have a link for what Harry is supposed to have said at the JP Morgan event? When he and Meghan were supposed to have attended that, ii was reported to be a ticketed and very private event, with the media not invited. I can’t remember any verifiable news reports of what Harry spoke about at the event other than it was something about Diana.

I will have to ask my American friend when I next talk to her where she got her information from

I find this hard to watch because I can't now get past his new comments about he had his arm twisted to go on this trip, how he was exhausted and essentially didn't want to be there. Imagine if the parents of the dead veterans, if these kids, knew what Harry was saying now? Imagine if all those suffering around the world whom he visited knew that he had to grin and bear it because he envied that they were freer than him? I prefer to believe that Harry is just putting on an act now to suit his agenda, that he genuinely wanted to make such trips and meet people who got a lift from his visit, but the MORE he speaks as he has, the more it's going to be harder to believe that's the case. There's an expression I always hear on my local sports radio that a coach once said: "if someone tells you who they are, believe them". Harry is telling us who he is.

BIB Oh I know. I'm just trying to reconcile this person who now claims he pretty much hated any type of work and meeting poor people with someone who at the time stayed there for 6 extra days to help the Gurkhas and others rebuild after the earthquake, who genuinely seemed to enjoy meeting people, who was chosen to go because he had special links with the people of Nepal.

He wasn't the family "yes man" he came 11th in the league table of royals that year and his father and brother both also did two tours. I understand he may have been struggling with his mental health but that's not the same thing as being "burned out" on work when he did 180 engagements that year and his 95 year old grandfather did over double.

Then there's the revisionist history of us a few months ago. And he's also destroying his credibility as a wannabe independent humanitarian with that.

Obviously it suits the RF to think that their Harry would never, ever do this to them. They all probably blame Meghan for this.

Maybe, but it also possible that they've been dealing with this "I hate every when things don't go my way" Harry that the rest of us are only just seeing for years and have been covering it up and trying to get him help. If he was dealing with a drug addiction then he wasn't a great person to be around. But it's impossible not to wonder where this sudden change in narrative came from as well.

Harry is feeding the monster that he was supposed to shut out of his life, making exactly the same mistake his mother made.
History is repeating itself and like in Diana's case, it is naive to believe that all of this will not come back to haunt him.
A lose cannon, and it will get worse because at some point his public soul searching will be wearing thin and the community will move on to the next hot topic.
And he will be left behind even more angry, because at some point he might understand that he was used as a show pony for audience and money. Oprah is not a compassionate therapist, she is a business woman.

That might well be the truth! Still I think on feeding the media monster he makes people more aware of it, about what is happening to people like him who were born into the public interest and had no choice. Meghan could have gone to work of a bank or as a cook or into internatioanl business, she didn't need to become an actress. It is sad, that she found that on marrying into the BRF, she couldn't cope with it. Maybe she could have, though, if it wasn't for marrying Harry who wanted to be in and out at the same time. We'll never know. Marrying an "insider" who turns out not to be able to support you enough "inside" is a hard fate.

We have no idea if Meghan was not hurt so much by her family's decision to work with the papers against her that she really felt like a victim and when the going got tough, Harry decided it was "just like with my mom" and, trained to make tough decisions as a soldier, decided to "get out to save her" no matter the costs. And when they were stripped of Dad's support, he saw no other way than to sell his story under the cape of "helping others" and Meghan led them back to a place where she knew some people and some of the rules. I doubt that their "happiness" played a role in all of that!

But think of them however you want, it is a fact that the British media made it their game to make Meghan feel so unwelcome that going away looked good while there. And for me, they had racist motives. I am happy that Harry won't go quiet and thus exposes the media's machinations, even if it is surely hard for Charles to hear what his younger son thinks and how hard it was for both William and Harry to grow up with the knowledge that the media hunted their mother down to her death (no matter why she died in that tunnel, but the paps were there! And the inquest into her death laid bare the role of the media in all of this.) and is now trying to do the same to his wife.

And what all of us try to explain or not to explain why Harry and Meghan do what they do and don't do what they don't do, all the while not knowing enough about the inner feelings of the BRF and believing even the "Sun" or the "Daily Mail" - it is surely not even close to the truth, because the only ones who talk - Meghan and Harry - are not believed here. So yeah, it is a sad threat for these normally so interesting forums. IMHO, of course. But I do hope that Harry keeps on talking or even ranting. And I truly believe the future king should not do it along with him but I can understand William when it comes to their mother's death and I doubt he would have said anything if not for Harry having been open before. For it is not only Harry who profits from the BRF not saying anything against the media, it the media themselves. And the fact that the article that I posted from the Guardian, who was about that, was ignored here (apart from being accused of raising the flag of a British republic) tells me enough. I am proud of Harry and Meghan that they take on the truly disgusting British papers, I hope they'll go on doing that and that the papers one day learn that as long as there are other papers and the net who support Harry, they can't no longer get away with the truly atrocious things they have submitted the BRF to.

That might well be the truth! Still I think on feeding the media monster he makes people more aware of it, about what is happening to people like him who were born into the public interest and had no choice. Meghan could have gone to work of a bank or as a cook or into internatioanl business, she didn't need to become an actress. It is sad, that she found that on marrying into the BRF, she couldn't cope with it. Maybe she could have, though, if it wasn't for marrying Harry who wanted to be in and out at the same time. We'll never know. Marrying an "insider" who turns out not to be able to support you enough "inside" is a hard fate.

We have no idea if Meghan was not hurt so much by her family's decision to work with the papers against her that she really felt like a victim and when the going got tough, Harry decided it was "just like with my mom" and, trained to make tough decisions as a soldier, decided to "get out to save her" no matter the costs. And when they were stripped of Dad's support, he saw no other way than to sell his story under the cape of "helping others" and Meghan led them back to a place where she knew some people and some of the rules. I doubt that their "happiness" played a role in all of that!

But think of them however you want, it is a fact that the British media made it their game to make Meghan feel so unwelcome that going away looked good while there. And for me, they had racist motives. I am happy that Harry won't go quiet and thus exposes the media's machinations, even if it is surely hard for Charles to hear what his younger son thinks and how hard it was for both William and Harry to grow up with the knowledge that the media hunted their mother down to her death (no matter why she died in that tunnel, but the paps were there! And the inquest into her death laid bare the role of the media in all of this.) and is now trying to do the same to his wife.

And what all of us try to explain or not to explain why Harry and Meghan do what they do and don't do what they don't do, all the while not knowing enough about the inner feelings of the BRF and believing even the "Sun" or the "Daily Mail" - it is surely not even close to the truth, because the only ones who talk - Meghan and Harry - are not believed here. So yeah, it is a sad threat for these normally so interesting forums. IMHO, of course. But I do hope that Harry keeps on talking or even ranting. And I truly believe the future king should not do it along with him but I can understand William when it comes to their mother's death and I doubt he would have said anything if not for Harry having been open before. For it is not only Harry who profits from the BRF not saying anything against the media, it the media themselves. And the fact that the article that I posted from the Guardian, who was about that, was ignored here (apart from being accused of raising the flag of a British republic) tells me enough. I am proud of Harry and Meghan that they take on the truly disgusting British papers, I hope they'll go on doing that and that the papers one day learn that as long as there are other papers and the net who support Harry, they can't no longer get away with the truly atrocious things they have submitted the BRF to.

So, he doesn’t mind hurting his father or brother or his brother’s family? How is he any better than the media he despises so much then?

How on earth is harry ranting on Orpah, attacking his own family etc, doing anything against the British papers. They are getting plenty of stories now from Harry's own mouth. He is not being hacked or pursued by the British press, he is speaking out, openly about his private life, abusing his own family with nobody forcing him to do so. The meida are not chasing Harry in LA.. he is the one who's puttng out his stories very willingly.. if not very coherently.
Meghan broke with her father because her father talked to the press about her and released her letters to the Press. Now she and Harry are talking about HIS family to the press, without that family's consent. They are abusing the RF, calling them all sorts of things and making untrue statements. So why shouldn't the RF quit seeing them permanently and cut them out of their lives?

I will have to ask my American friend when I next talk to her where she got her information from

According to what little informatn was there at the time, it was about his mother and himself, presumably about his grief about his mother and how it affected him. And that's what he's doing now, same thing, its about his whole family and how they have upset him.
Some time ago, i asked what H was going to talk about if he embarked on a career of public speaking and was told that he'd talk about Invictus and his charities and so on.. and I didn't think that those speeches would be considered very marketable. And now he IS speaking out, he is not talking much about his charity work, it is all about him and Meg and how unhappy they are and about the "dark secrets" of the RF.....

How do we know that Harry didn’t say No but was told by TPTB that it had to be done? And these royal tours ARE partly PR. The Committee that arranges these things at the Colonial Office/Commonwealth Secretariat know that very well, as Commonwealth Govts quite like visits by popular and/or young royals.

Yes it is his job, if he could not do it, and refused, I dont see how he could be compelled..If he had siad that he was ill and could not work, the PTB might have tried to push him at first but if he was really so stressed, and said so, he could hardly have been forced into the work. They would have had to retire him from royal work and possibly he might have had to try and find some other occupation.. but I really find it hard to berleive that Harry was dragged on a plane protesting..
And even if he had a lot of pressure, it hardly excuses his remarks about the unfortunate people that he met on his travels.. whom he's now saying he didn't wnat to see.

Some percentage may get tired, but it doesn't seem likely to happen in the near term. A few observers may be noticing that he has a knack, or natural talent for stirring public debate, which isn't all that easy as it appears. He now has several million people talking about his life, which will help generate more headlines for <at least> a few years from now.

Last edited:
It is not however in the traditions of the British Royal Family for twelve and fifteen year olds to be expected to follow the coffin of a parent, torn away from them too soon, through the streets of London in front of TV cameras recording every second. Many of the public were weeping, wailing, calling out. Otherwise there was silence, except for the sound horses hooves. It was in front of the world media, and IMO was deeply traumatic.

I agree it must have been traumatic for the young men, I have never heard wailing and crying like that at a funeral and I was just watching it on the tv, all I am saying is we were not included in the conversations so we cannot be sure if they were bullied, persuaded, worked on or wanted to do it.
There are a number of possibilities and we cannot make assumptions because it suits our own narrative,

One thought that just occurred to me... With Harry admitting that he was drinking and drugging heavily on a daily basis for many years, it makes one wonder, just why did Chelsy Davy ultimately walk away? The narrative has always been that she rejected life in the royal fishbowl, and I have no doubt it was a contributing factor, but it could very well be that she saw the addiction and mental health issues and realized she couldn't stay with him.

One thought that just occurred to me... With Harry admitting that he was drinking and drugging heavily on a daily basis for many years, it makes one wonder, just why did Chelsy Davy ultimately walk away? The narrative has always been that she rejected life in the royal fishbowl, and I have no doubt it was a contributing factor, but it could very well be that she saw the addiction and mental health issues and realized she couldn't stay with him.

The drink and drugs cannot have helped what was a somewhat volatile relationship. And it would not be surprising if Harry's now admitted drug and alcohol abuse combined with his temper and mental health struggles contributed to the relationship break down but we don't know the full story and we're not likely to. They allegedly had a lot of issues besides the royal fishbowl, although that probably was a big sticking point as well.

However there *were* stories of Harry considering moving to Cape Town and working on conservation full time.

Chelsy has never really said anything and probably isn't going to start but I have a feeling if she now spoke up and told the world about her struggles with him (drugs, anger, army, paranoia of the media, struggles with his family - all things he's admitted) under the guise of being open about "her truth" then they'd sue her and complain she was invading their privacy and trying to smear them, if they weren't 100% backing is current revisionism.

KATARYN

And when they were stripped of Dad's support, he saw no other way than to sell his story under the cape of "helping others" and Meghan led them back to a place where she knew some people and some of the rules.
So despite all his supposed hatred of the media this multi millionaire sold his soul for money.
He is on the front of every national newspaper this morning, photographs of his hands crossed on his chest with his eyes shut.
I would also like to put a reminder on here with regards the press, it was not the British press that chased his mother through a tunnel, it was the Australian press that revealed he was in Afghanistan the British media held to the news blackout. Yes some of the headlines in the British press were very questionable with regards Meghan but we have no evidence that the RF encouraged or fed the beast.
I am also more inclined to think that Harrys negativity towards the family is all about NO>
If Harry is so concerned about history repeating itself why is he doing exactly what his mother did by courting the media when it suits.

It was also CBS that were the ones to show pictures of Diana after the crash, the same channel they gave the interview to and who now airs their updates via Gayle King. In fact one of the producers of the Oprah interview is the same one who was in charge of the programme that did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom