The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But will businesses, whose job is to make money, want someone who is always going on about his family and how badly he's been treated? Esp if his stories get confusing? Might they not feel that he might turn on the companies that hire him, after a while?

It hasn’t hurt him with Netflix...H and M want to have their fingers in many cookie jars, so it’s possible that some businesses will take a hard pass at them based on H’s comments. We’ll see what updated FF is about, what this new Oprah series is about, whether there is indeed another documentary that essentially completely invades the privacy of his family. I think THAT, if it is happening and it does air, could be step too far. Most people will not support videotaping people, let alone family, without their consent and then using those clips to whine about them.

Until then, if Harry continues to torch his father, his family...I’m not sure who will want him to speak to them about mental health. I wonder if psychologists or psychiatrists might speak out against Harry’s methods. Surely there are many people who might have issues with their families that still love them and simply need an effective way to deal with them without devastating them intentionally. Surely many psychiatrists or psychologists would never suggest that their clients publicize these issues (like in a local paper) to embarrass or hurt their family. As far as I’m concerned, Harry is motivated by a LOT more than mental health when he makes these comments

Considering that he was always referred to as "Prince Harry" in the US and the fact that his wife puts "The Duchess of Sussex" in her children's book, I seriously doubt that.

I meant that he doesn't have to behave formally as he did wehn a working Prince.

I agree with all of this.

You can talk about the importance of mental health without dragging personal details into it.

That said- I don’t see Harry as someone to be looked up to from a mental health standpoint. He’s more of an example to me of what not to do really. I don’t see how he’s helping anyone- himself, his family or anyone else for that matter by dragging personal details into this. He can call it sharing and explaining to help people. I call it complaining and trash talking. It’s also hurtful.

Compassionate people do not publicly drag up decades old issues a mere few weeks after the death of a much loved family member. (There’s never an appropriate time for this to me, but this is about as bad as it gets.)That is not kind or compassionate. He’s preaching about mental well being, but is apparently unconcerned about any mental health problems he may be causing during an already difficult time in his family.

“Your freedom ends when you enter other people’s freedom.” THIS. So well said. Calling people out to make your points is just trash talking IMO.

I don’t see this ending well either.

Harry and Meghan said their interview was it. But it wasn’t. First there was Gayle giving updates on “unproductive” conversations, now we have podcasts, next we have Oprah again. Apparently this podcast was part promotion for him for the Oprah gig. Nice.

There are many points that has been proven as false on the Oprah interview, they probably lied about that part as well.

Of course doesn't. How would he? As far as I know, the only extended time he spent here before moving was the Vegas trip when he was younger, and I think the crowd he was hanging out with there can politely be described as 'atypical.' Then they lived in one of Tyler Perry's many guest room for the better part of a year, and they seem to socialize primarily with other Hollywood types. Whatever Harry thinks he knows about Americans, he really only knows about that very unrepresentative sliver of society.

Exactly...he didn’t move to Montecito to get to know the average joe. Celebrities don’t swear in public either as it’s not a good look, so maybe Harry thinks it’s makes him look “cool” to younger people. It just cheapens what he has to say.

Compassion. His father is in deep mourning for his father, and Harry continues to pile on...and THIS on top of the bearing Charles takes from the British public and some segment (small though it is) of Americans. That’s compassion? It’s compassionate to add to the grief and pain of his 95 year old grandmother ? To attack his grandfather who just died? . Does Harry understand that things and feelings change? That his father regrets going public with his issues with his parents ? He must have borne witness to his father’s relationships with his grandparents, and yet he digs up the past like a psychiatric archaeologist, as if the past was relevant and needed to be put on display. H claims Charles treated him like he was treated...not true; Charles actually did the opposite - sent him to a different kind of school, allowed H and W freedom to be themselves...etc.. Just exactly what did Harry mean by that comment?

I posted this article in the William thread, but it could also go here to focus more on the Harry part. It’s a compare/contrast of these 2 men and their approaches to life. It was quite thoughtful IMO.

The Telegraph
William and Harry: two dukes – two very different approaches to happiness

https://www.yahoo.com/news/william-harry-two-dukes-two-165224624.html

I found this part particularly interesting regarding Harry. He does indeed seem to be hanging onto his family’s mistakes.

“Most teenagers start seeing their parents as imperfect, but Harry lost his mother before that could happen. Now in his thirties, and in therapy speak, he blames Prince Charles for the “genetic pain” he feels. Many think it is about time he stops playing the victim card.

Of course, like all those who have had turbulent upbringings, there is nothing wrong with trying to “break the cycle of pain and suffering” – and, as William has demonstrated, there are many non self-destructive ways to do this, including just getting on with parenting your own children. Instead, Harry seems to hang on tightly to his family’s mistakes.”

I just can’t get over the timing of Harry’s recent “epiphanies.” I know he’s recently stated that he wanted to get out in his 20’s, but I just can’t help but feel that it’s not that simple. The royal family is trained from birth to put the Crown before themselves and I think that’s an integral part of the equation that Harry is glossing over and/or retrofitting into this mental health crisis narrative. While I realize that we as laypersons cannot ever fully comprehend the magnitude of self sacrifice these people have to endure, I would liken it as to being in the same vein as any workplace and having to juggle the dichotomous nature of personal and professional. A lot of people struggle with these two seemingly commonplace concepts and I feel like Meghan’s inability to assimilate into the monarchy’s extreme version of this has given us the “woke” Harry we see today.

And I also don’t think that casting Meghan in the role of feminist overlord with respect to her relationship with her husband is wholly appropriate. I think from her perspective, she really believes she has been slighted in some way from the “unfeeling firm.” And because these emotions are so overwhelming, she expends very little energy getting her doting husband roped into it. His foundation with the monarchy already had cracks from his mother, it’s obvious that he feels second fiddle to his brother, so for a beautiful damsel in distress to come along and reaffirm all of his innermost insecurities, it’s really not surprising he’s turned out this way. Meghan is offering Harry her truth in the guise of objective fact packaged in “wokeful” justice. The problem is, it’s not tempered with wisdom.

Up until the Oprah interview, I always gave Meghan the benefit of the doubt. There was just too little information about her to go on and so I reserved judgement for years. Then when they both sat there and publicly aired grievances that we had no business being privy to, it all became clear. It lacked class and thoughtfulness being nothing more than a bitter diatribe designed to enact revenge. The monarchy is far from perfect no doubt, but I have yet to see the Sussexes approach sensitive issues with the same degree of decorum. When you sit on national television and bring up a fight that took place three years ago swearing you’re “over it” you’re NOT. Meghan is either dishonest or out of touch with her true feelings and Harry is simply following in her wake. It’s these types of countless foot-in-mouth examples that have made them lose a ton of credibility in my opinion.

I applaud anyone's attempts to heal from past traumas and move forward in a personally positive and productive way. Many people choose to talk publicly about their struggles as a pathway to healing, and this is often very helpful to others who are struggling. I have always suspected that Harry is a deeply traumatized person. Privilege does not protect a person from pain. That being said...

It is very worrying to me when a person makes public disclosures that in the long run will possibly serve to isolate them from important members of their support network. This feels somewhat self-destructive to me. Is this the best way to heal wounds?

In the podcast, Harry's words contained a lot of psychology speak, and I wish people, including Harry,would be more careful about throwing these words around. Of course he has the right to talk about his own experience, but he should be very cautious about doing it in such a way that seeks to subtly advise others. He is in a position of influence (at least that seems to be to what he and Meghan aspire) so he has a responsibility.

It is very telling that he identifies his wife as the catalyst for his awakening moment. (BTW, what happened to needing to leave royal work to protect his family? His current behaviour is not protective; his behaviour is likely to hurt his family in the long run, in my view.)

If Harry were a family member, I would be worried about his mental health, but I would also set clear boundaries. I would let him know the impact on his family of his public utterances. I would be supportive but clearly and frequently correct his misperceptions. Let's hope that is happening.

Finally, it is my opinion that Meghan and Harry are out for blood. Rightly or wrongly, they perceive that they have been seriously wronged, and are seeking not just to fight back and tell their story, but stamp out those who, in their view, wronged them. I see their actions as passive aggressive rather than promoting health and healing.

I am sad to see that two people who have the energy and resources to do good in the world have taken this route.

H claims Charles treated him like he was treated...not true; Charles actually did the opposite - sent him to a different kind of school, allowed H and W freedom to be themselves...etc.. Just exactly what did Harry mean by that comment?

That was odd to me too. Harry specifically referenced Charles going to a school he hated- Gordonstoun while he was talking about how he (Harry) was parented the same way his father was. That makes no sense, given that Charles pointedly sent his kids to a different school. And that is ONE example. Charles did things differently than his parents, just as William and Harry have. (Charles does seem to be a workaholic similar to his parents, but IDK if Harry was referencing that. But- lots of people are. Especially in America.)

Like a lot of things Harry says- there doesn’t seem to be much coherency and consistency. He seems to be relying on having an audience who is largely unknowledgeable about him/the wider family and who don’t pay enough attention to catch obvious contradictions.

Note: There’s nothing wrong with the school. It simply wasn’t right for Charles. But I don’t believe Philip intended to hurt Charles. That was what he knew and what worked for him. Philip had his own very tumultuous childhood, that naturally impacted him. He just didn’t publicly complain about it.

what does he mean by this phase " There's a lot of genetic pain and suffering that gets passed on anyway"
complete word salad

I am a bit hesitant to write - I must admit that I was not entirely surprised as we were expecting such a thing. sorry to say that there is more in the Apple TV show and probably more after that.
This is what I think might be happening:
They never got what they wanted out of the Oprah interview - so they are continuing with releasing information until they get it. We expect that very soon he will start talking about the rest of the family soon. Maybe more of his alcohol and drug use.
Harry seems to do a lot of regurgitation of things that other people have sprouted and told him about - Inherited pain or genetic pain. Is he finding his own voice or has it just been replaced by everyone elses?

I also just don't understand his very black and white thinking. And I am concerned about that as that is something most people grow out of before 25, he lacks self inspection. I am also concerned that he has a very screwed view on things and that is concerning. A lot of what he is saying just doesn't mesh with the truth. Many royals live relatively normal quiet lives - no Truman show going on there. We see royals at engagement so that would be a few hours a week, no more.

That was odd to me too. Harry specifically referenced Charles going to a school he hated- Gordonstoun while he was talking about how he (Harry) was parented the same way his father was. That makes no sense, given that Charles pointedly sent his kids to a different school. And that is ONE example. Charles did things differently than his parents, just as William and Harry have. (Charles does seem to be a workaholic similar to his parents, but IDK if Harry was referencing that. But- lots of people are. Especially in America.)

Like a lot of things Harry says- there doesn’t seem to be much coherency and consistency. He seems to be relying on having an audience who is largely unknowledgeable about him/the wider family and who don’t pay enough attention to catch obvious contradictions.

Note: There’s nothing wrong with the school. It simply wasn’t right for Charles. But I don’t believe Philip intended to hurt Charles. That was what he knew and what worked for him. Philip had his own very tumultuous childhood, that naturally impacted him. He just didn’t publicly complain about it.

Gordonstoun might actually have been a good fit for Harry and Zara and Peter seemed to like it. For Philip it was about the only place he had to call home for many years since he didn't have parents. A point which Harry didn't acknowledge either despite the fact that news on this was hard to escape in the last few weeks. And Meghan's leaks even made a point to say that their so called "special bond" was because he knew what it was like to be a foreign outsider. But that was last month's narrative. You're right that he seems to be banking on people not realising or caring about contradictions.

It was strange he didn't acknowledge that Eton is about as different from Gordonstoun as you can get and still be a public school in the UK and that Philip's reaction to Charles being caught taking drugs would probably NOT have been to take him to a rehab where patients told him that they too started on weed and to be careful. Not that that seems to have worked.

He's also still on about that blessed bike when there are many, many pictures of them riding together when he was a kid over about 15 years and there are reports of the Cambridges bike riding in the park without being splashed across the papers.

There was also nothing on the tumultuous Spencer family life his mother grew up in which surely impacted many of her choices both good and bad.

And at the end of the day if anyone in the family went on a podcast and gave a run down of their deteriorating relationship with him I think they'd be handed a lawsuit in about 5 seconds flat along with Gayle screaming about compassion and privacy.

Harry doesn't seem to be in a good place and didn't discuss his own healing process or how to get help in a constructive way. He seems to think him just saying this is helping people but I don't think it is.

William's way, including his documentary where he also spoke about his mother and family but it didn't dominate seems more constructive and productive.

I posted this article in the William thread, but it could also go here to focus more on the Harry part. It’s a compare/contrast of these 2 men and their approaches to life. It was quite thoughtful IMO.

The Telegraph
William and Harry: two dukes – two very different approaches to happiness

https://www.yahoo.com/news/william-harry-two-dukes-two-165224624.html

I found this part particularly interesting regarding Harry. He does indeed seem to be hanging onto his family’s mistakes.

“Most teenagers start seeing their parents as imperfect, but Harry lost his mother before that could happen. Now in his thirties, and in therapy speak, he blames Prince Charles for the “genetic pain” he feels. Many think it is about time he stops playing the victim card.

Of course, like all those who have had turbulent upbringings, there is nothing wrong with trying to “break the cycle of pain and suffering” – and, as William has demonstrated, there are many non self-destructive ways to do this, including just getting on with parenting your own children. Instead, Harry seems to hang on tightly to his family’s mistakes.”

I read that last night. Overall a good piece, but I have a huge issue with the part I bolded. I don’t know if she meant to, but she’s implying that there’s a cycle to break (and as that expression is associated with abuse, I loathe using it in other situations)...

what does he mean by this phase " There's a lot of genetic pain and suffering that gets passed on anyway"
complete word salad

It is a pseudo-science that is currently getting a bit of head space due to identity politics and woke culture. Essentially it is the old sins of the father manta from old. That the mental pain of your great grandparents are embedded into your mental makeup.
So all the emotions pain and sufferings that your ancestries went through are on you.
Personally I think it is a lot of hooey.
I am not my parents, not my grandparents and never got to met my great grandparents. I shudder to think of blaming my mistakes on my great grandparents that I never met - I cannot blame my divorce, my arguments with my children or anything problem in life I have on my parents, or indeed anyone but myself. They do not control my decisions or my free will.
That is called been an adult.

I am a bit hesitant to write - I must admit that I was not entirely surprised as we were expecting such a thing. sorry to say that there is more in the Apple TV show and probably more after that.
This is what I think might be happening:
They never got what they wanted out of the Oprah interview - so they are continuing with releasing information until they get it. We expect that very soon he will start talking about the rest of the family soon. Maybe more of his alcohol and drug use.
Harry seems to do a lot of regurgitation of things that other people have sprouted and told him about - Inherited pain or genetic pain. Is he finding his own voice or has it just been replaced by everyone elses?

I also just don't understand his very black and white thinking. And I am concerned about that as that is something most people grow out of before 25, he lacks self inspection. I am also concerned that he has a very screwed view on things and that is concerning. A lot of what he is saying just doesn't mesh with the truth. Many royals live relatively normal quiet lives - no Truman show going on there. We see royals at engagement so that would be a few hours a week, no more.

What did they want out of Oprah? Full public capitulation and agreement that they could be HIHO and allowed to sue anyone who says Meghan is less than the 2nd coming?

I think there will be more of it with Oprah/The Me You Don't See and maybe more titbits and baiting about the "racist" royals and another five changes in narrative but isn't it all diminishing returns? Is anyone apart from the tabloids and us royal watchers of various stripes going to care at the 1oth round of complaining and revelations?

You're obviously right that most royals live quiet lives off duty, even the Cambridges and HM and them too with reports that they were seen out and about in Windsor with no one bothering them and not photos taken. I'm not convinced that's actually what Meghan at least wanted considering she admitted to setting up pap pictures in FF and one doesn't just suddenly wake up to find themselves living in Tyler Perry's mansion.

You’re right that there are many inconsistencies in Harry’s comments, and I think it’s because he’s throwing things out there hoping they will stick with people even if he knows they aren’t accurate. I mean, his comment about Charles treating him like he was treated - did Harry read the Dimbleby interview ? Doubt it, unless when he was an adult. Did his father open up to him about his frustrations with his childhood? No way - unless it was as part of an honest conversation when Harry was much older, and if that was the case, Harry would have known by then that his father and grandfather had made peace and grown a lot closer. Therefore, the only reason to bring up Charles and Philip’s relationship is to use their old one against them and to justify his accusations of essentially mistreatment.

Harry has no business speaking for anyone other than himself. He hates the Royal life? Fine, but that doesn’t mean his family feels the same way. He’s trying to psychoanalyze them, and he needs to stop.

I am still trying to understand the 'genetic' aspects of his pain (next to being convinced that this is not helping in anyway to alleviate his pain but will only add to his and also to his children's future pain).

What is 'genetic' about it? Isn't life full of learning from past mistakes and successes (by yourself and those around you) and making conscious decisions on what you want to continue in your adult life and which things you might want to do (slightly or completely) differently than what you grew up with. Especially if a couple comes together they will have to find a way to make things work taking into account the different backgrounds they are coming from. Lashing out doesn't seem to be the most productive way to deal with it (understatement).

Harry and Meghan both coming from broken families clearly isn't the best start, so I hope they will avoid continuing the cycle of broken families. Ensuring a more private life might be a good start for the future mental health of their children.

What did they want out of Oprah? Full public capitulation and agreement that they could be HIHO and allowed to sue anyone who says Meghan is less than the 2nd coming?
Based on the later comments from their camp that the talks with the BRF weren't 'productive', it seems they indeed want something (money? position? security? the BRF to kowtow to whatever they want at any moment?) from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's also still on about that blessed bike when there are many, many pictures of them riding together when he was a kid over about 15 years and there are reports of the Cambridges bike riding in the park without being splashed across the papers.

There was also nothing on the tumultuous Spencer family life his mother grew up in which surely impacted many of her choices both good and bad.

The bike thing really bothers me. It’s as if Harry is trying to airbrush Charles out of any positive narrative he has in his life...it’s all his mother. Remember how he referenced only her when the Archewell site opened ? No mention of his father. At all. Anyway, Harry was plenty old enough to remember bike rides with his pa, and tickle sessions (there’s a photo of this when Harry was a teenager) and other good times. He has even spoken about them, and the influence his father has had on he and William regarding the environment, shutting off lights, etc.. I never got the impression that H was holding in so much repressed anger; those comments, and others, spoke of a son who loved his pa. What about Charles being there for Meghan and walking her down the aisle? Being so warm with Doria? We even had reports that M encouraged H to grow closer to his pa. I really believe that H was envious of William’s position, that because of that, he took umbrage at Charles’ support of HM in refusing H and M a court at Windsor ...and then grew angry when being cut off. I suspect he feels his father might not love or value him as much as W, so now he’s unleashing his bitterness, even much of what he says isn’t true.

You’re right that there are many inconsistencies in Harry’s comments, and I think it’s because he’s throwing things out there hoping they will stick with people even if he knows they aren’t accurate. I mean, his comment about Charles treating him like he was treated - did Harry read the Dimbleby interview ? Doubt it, unless when he was an adult. Did his father open up to him about his frustrations with his childhood? No way - unless it was as part of an honest conversation when Harry was much older, and if that was the case, Harry would have known by then that his father and grandfather had made peace and grown a lot closer. Therefore, the only reason to bring up Charles and Philip’s relationship is to use their old one against them and to justify his accusations of essentially mistreatment.

Harry has no business speaking for anyone other than himself. He hates the Royal life? Fine, but that doesn’t mean his family feels the same way. He’s trying to psychoanalyze them, and he needs to stop.

Personally I don't think Harry knows Charles, Diana or his grandparents well at all - it sounds like he has watched the Crown.

What did you make about the "I saw the business model and I wasn't having it" Does monarchy have a business model?

Personally I don't think Harry knows Charles, Diana or his grandparents well at all - it sounds like he has watched the Crown.

What did you make about the "I saw the business model and I wasn't having it" Does monarchy have a business model?

It does seem like he's watched too much of The Crown and decided it's a documentary because it fits the current anger he has.

I assumed with the "business model" and "behind the scenes" quotes he meant that the heir and the heir's wife would always be first and he and Meghan would eventually drift into Edward (if he was lucky) or Andrew (if he wasn't lucky) territory.

Having previously been the popular People's Prince wasn't going to get him and the missus on the throne or any of the perks associated with it. No separate court etc. Even though he's also admitted several times now that he doesn't want to be king and doesn't like any of the actual visiting people/boring parts of the work anyway.

But once again it wasn't like he was being asked to open a community centre in Dunstable just yet anyway. They were given plum jobs.

What about Charles being there for Meghan and walking her down the aisle? Being so warm with Doria? We even had reports that M encouraged H to grow closer to his pa. I really believe that H was envious of William’s position, that because of that, he took umbrage at Charles’ support of HM in refusing H and M a court at Windsor ...and then grew angry when being cut off. I suspect he feels his father might not love or value him as much as W, so now he’s unleashing his bitterness, even much of what he says isn’t true.

Any part of Charles once being there for Meghan when her own father wasn't, publicly supporting the marriage and seemingly genuinely kind to Doria has been airbrushed out of the narrative because he's no longer paying the bills it seems.

IF the Sussexes have their ducal titles revoked by Parliament, it will not be initiated by HMQ. I think she is happy to pass that along to her son Charles to deal with when he comes to the throne. She is a widowed, probably tired woman in the home stretch of her life's journey. Enough is enough.

But reading some of these comments about Harry's podcast "discourse" I think it probably needs to happen sooner rather than later. Harry himself might be in a "go ahead...I DARE you to!" frame of mind knowing the huge blow back of public sympathy it would generate for him from certain quarters in the US.

He sees himself as someone who has taken on "the system" and won what he views as freedom for himself, his children and his descendants. In reality what has happened is that a spoiled, thwarted man-child is in the grip of a full blown tantrum and lacks the foresight to understand what he is doing.

I have read similar stories too many times to count.

It never, ever ends well.:sad:

I’ll be honest, I’ve only read some of the comments, so this is the first I’m seeing it. I think it’s ridiculous, to be frank. The Royals do a lot of good work, and I hate how Harry is shrugging that off; he makes it sound like it’s a soulless corporation. It feels, frankly, like he no longer views his “family” as living, breathing human beings. I put “family” in quotes because Harry isn’t treating them as such.

IF the Sussexes have their ducal titles revoked by Parliament, it will not be initiated by HMQ. I think she is happy to pass that along to her son Charles to deal with when he comes to the throne. She is a widowed, probably tired woman in the home stretch of her life's journey. Enough is enough.

But reading some of these comments about Harry's podcast "discourse" I think it probably needs to happen sooner rather than later. Harry himself might be in a "go ahead...I DARE you to!" frame of mind knowing the huge blow back of public sympathy it would generate for him from certain quarters in the US.

He sees himself as someone who has taken on "the system" and won what he views as freedom for himself, his children and his descendants. In reality what has happened is that a spoiled, thwarted man-child is in the grip of a full blown tantrum and lacks the foresight to understand what he is doing.

I have read similar stories too many times to count.

It never, ever ends well.:sad:

Harry seems to have rejected the UK completely in favor of the States...and not just the States, but the “lifestyles of the rich and famous”. I guess he doesn’t care or understand that 99.9% of Americans don’t care about him or even ordinary celebrities.

The bolded part is a very good point. I guess we can call Harry a “Son of Liberty”. He clearly did feel he was imprisoned in some way - Finding Freedom speaks volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Exactly. Harry has embraced the America of the privileged few. The VERY few. If he was forced to live like the majority of Americans...taking out a 2nd mortgage to afford college for your children....worried about job security..job burnout...dicey public school systems and street crime. ...not being able to go on holidays this summer due to budget constraints....unable to quit an unsatisfactory job because you will lose healthcare benefits..rising gasoline prices..

Let's just say his romanticized view of life in the USA would evaporate pretty quickly.:cool:

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

And at the end of the day if anyone in the family went on a podcast and gave a run down of their deteriorating relationship with him I think they'd be handed a lawsuit in about 5 seconds flat along with Gayle screaming about compassion and privacy.

Harry doesn't seem to be in a good place and didn't discuss his own healing process or how to get help in a constructive way. He seems to think him just saying this is helping people but I don't think it is.

This is one of the more mind blowing parts to me. If Harry’s family did unto him (and Meghan for that matter) what they’ve done to their family, the Sussexes would be screaming about lack of compassion, no respect for privacy. There is no way they’d be okay with their family giving their own side of the story IMO. (And they know good and well they don’t have to worry about it. How fortunate for them.) Yet they can’t practice either one for their own family.

Their brand is compassion.....but they don’t practice it IMO. This is not compassion. If you can’t be compassionate to your own family, you really have no business preaching on the subject IMO. They come across as so completely hypocritical to me.

I don’t think what he’s saying is helpful for anyone either. Not this way. He could use his experiences in a constructive manner.

And really? What are the media/social media talking about? Harry’s relationship with his family. THAT is the over-all public focus at the end of the day.

Last edited:
The more I hear about and the more I read about Harry coming out and being "woke" and promoting mental health by portraying what he's gone through and his thoughts on it, I'm reminded more and more of the TV six part documentary that Oprah presented in 2011 called "Finding Sarah" featuring Sarah, Duchess of York. It didn't do Sarah any favors. Most people won't even remember that she did this back in 2011. At least Sarah had the dignity and the grace to leave the royal family out of it all.

This is the sequel being presented now. "Finding Harry". Bigger, badder and bolder than ever seen before. This is aimed as entertainment. I've yet to hear that Harry's mentioned actual accredited mental health professionals or even sources to get in touch with if needed. If I'm wrong here, please correct me. If you're reaching out to people that need help, you do so in a way that they actually can *find* help. Harry's diatribe about his woeful life sounds too much to me like he's sitting on a pity pot and he's about to go out and eat some worms because the world is was totally against him. I do believe this is all real to Harry but I don't think he's seeing how he's coming across to people that don't know him or have walked a mile in his shoes. His life and lifestyle is something that people just don't understand. In order to communicate, you need to speak to people in a language they understand. Harry, being focused so much on himself, isn't doing that.

I'm an avid advocate that everyone should be accepted for who they are and how they want to live their lives. It's all part and parcel of being happy within and at peace. But to just park it in a chair and throw the blame on everything "out there" and to actively denigrate people that love you publicly is just digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole that I don't think he's ever going to get himself out of.
I had totally forgotten about “Finding Sarah” on Oprah! It was embarrassing then and did her absolutely no good and Harry is doing exactly the same thing. It will be embarrassing as well and certainly do even more damage to his family relationships. :nonono:

Question - how do you think he will fair without Spotify or Netflix?
I do not think that the comment towards Joe Rogan went down well - and considering he is the highest rated podcaster on the planet and flagship show of Spotify. It might be interesting if Rogan doesn't want H & M on the bill anymore.
I do not think their Netflix contracts or indeed any of the work that have found is very safe or secure. They have build their 'empire' on the sand and feel superiors enough to go to war.

But will businesses, whose job is to make money, want someone who is always going on about his family and how badly he's been treated? Esp if his stories get confusing? Might they not feel that he might turn on the companies that hire him, after a while?
Yep, professional he is NOT in this podcast. I don’t think that will go over well in business in the US. Dax Shepherd is an actor and certainly not A list. But his wife Kristin Bell is. Dax just got publicity for his podcast - I’ve never even heard of it before. So I’m sure Dax is happy about that. :whistling:

Funny, I had thought that Harry was sincere in his liking the charity work side of royal duties, and that he was sincere in caring about people less fortunate. NOw it seems like he didn't even like that....

Harry said very little about his grandparents’ parenting that hasn’t been said before by his father. I think Harry was speaking within Mental Health Week about how disfunction within families can occur generation after generation and that sometimes that cycle just has to be stopped by going away, trying a different way of parenting, of family life that isn’t led in a system that can be inimical to relationships.

Yes, what Charles said is in the public domain through primarily the Jonathan Dimbleby book of 1994.

Yep, professional he is NOT in this podcast. I don’t think that will go over well in business in the US. Dax Shepherd is an actor and certainly not A list. But his wife Kristin Bell is. Dax just got publicity for his podcast - I’ve never even heard of it before. So I’m sure Dax is happy about that. :whistling:

As far as I can see, they haven't done anything for Netflix yet, though perhaps there are plans in the offing. But I feel unsure if documentaries about charities are going ot make a lot of money for Netflix and if the company isn't getting much out of them, how long will the deal last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom