The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're only mentioned because of the royal status. Without being royals they're irrelevant and it's apparent more and more that nuclear bomb repercussions lasted two weeks tops. An updated edition of "Finding freedom" is so pathetic on everyone's part. They even showed new Archie picture but no, they're fading.
Honestly, while Meghan is smart she's not super smart, not a genius. Just another woke person.
I'm being bitchy but she must be so angry that Katherine got this iconic picture at the funeral, is being called the true queen and it's William & Kate's anniversary week and this couple is front news again and will be even more. Soon the trips will follow etc. While H&M will be trying to stay relevant doing laundry with less and less success.

They're only mentioned because of the royal status. Without being royals they're irrelevant and it's apparent more and more that nuclear bomb repercussions lasted two weeks tops. An updated edition of "Finding freedom" is so pathetic on everyone's part. They even showed new Archie picture but no, they're fading.
Honestly, while Meghan is smart she's not super smart, not a genius. Just another woke person.
I'm being bitchy but she must be so angry that Katherine got this iconic picture at the funeral, is being called the true queen and it's William & Kate's anniversary week and this couple is front news again and will be even more. Soon the trips will follow etc. While H&M will be trying to stay relevant doing laundry with less and less success.

Is it already released?

You know, I’ve thought a lot about this whole royal status thing. I don’t guess that “prince” Harry can be taken away as he was born with that. Maybe I’m wrong???

But even if Parliament/HM/Charles took away the HRH style AND the Sussex dukedom, people would still see them as part of the royal family at least in the US, I think. And in the US, he will always be Diana’s son, that grieving little boy walking behind her coffin. So I’m not sure it would really change the thinking in the US.

I can certainly see him out of the line of succession. How on earth could he do that living in the US? And the people in the UK seem to have had their fill of both of them.

My biggest concern - if they take away the styles and titles - is Meghan and Harry’s reaction. I’m afraid that they would retaliate and share very personal information about the RF because what would they have to lose? I feel for HM, Charles, and William. If I were a “grey suit” I would be trying to figure out how to give them something they want in exchange for zipping their mouths about the RF. And if they did talk inappropriately, ...whatever would be taken away. Blackmail can work both ways.....:whistling:

I understand why some posters are a bit skeptical of Harry and Meghan's involvement but this concert is about more than asking wealthy nations to donate vaccines to nations with fewer resources, although that is certainly part of it. If it were simply about providing more doses, I would agree that the campaign would simply be a feel good event that won't really help anyone.

However, Global Citizen is also calling on wealthy nations to provide other resources, including developing cold storage capacity, which is essential to distributing the vaccine. Moreover, improved cold storage capacity in the third world will make it easier to distribute other vaccines (measles, tetanus, etc.) and even improve food distribution network in the future.

Global Citizen is not the only NGO working on this but raising awareness of this issue is a positive development that will save lives.

With something like this, no matter why they're doing it, if Harry and Meghan can work as a magnet to draw more people and supporters towards this cause and support Global Citizen, the more power to them.

I also remember Live Aid way back in 1985 and supported it and got the t-shirt. I felt like I was doing something good. Other than Bob Geldof, I can't remember for the life of me who all participated off the top of my head and I imagine that's the category the Sussexes will fall into once this concert is a thing of the past.

I am *not* going to knock this couple for getting on board with something that really does need to be a success. I will, however, admit that the name that draws me more towards this incentive though is the POTUS. I probably won't watch the concert as that's not really in my wheelhouse these days but that's me with bad ears in the first place. Closed captioning on musical numbers just lose something in the translation. :D

:previous: I can send you a PM Osipi for the U.S. and UK line ups at the original Live Aid. Some of the performers are no longer with us, but a good number are still around.

My biggest concern - if they take away the styles and titles - is Meghan and Harry’s reaction. I’m afraid that they would retaliate and share very personal information about the RF because what would they have to lose? I feel for HM, Charles, and William. If I were a “grey suit” I would be trying to figure out how to give them something they want in exchange for zipping their mouths about the RF. And if they did talk inappropriately, ...whatever would be taken away. Blackmail can work both ways.....:whistling:

I don't think that either threatening them or tiptoeing around them is going to prevent issues in the future. The best way forward is for the family to heal. To do that, the family shouldn't cave, but they should privately admit that there were times they could have handled things better.

At the same time, Harry and Meghan will have to accept their share of blame for the initial estrangement. Moreover, they are going to have to acknowledge that going public made everything a lot worse than it would have otherwise. I don't see Harry and Meghan taking any responsibility for a while but I am optimistic that, sooner or later, they will take steps to repair the damage they've done. I truly believe that Harry loves his family and does not truly want to damage the monarchy, despite his recent actions.

:previous: I can send you a PM Osipi for the U.S. and UK line ups at the original Live Aid. Some of the performers are no longer with us, but a good number are still around.

Oh I'm sure the information is out there. The point was that once this is all over and said and done with, who all were involved in it such as the Sussexes will not really be remembered for it. They're just part of the "star studded" line up to draw in the people for this event.

Then again, I'm an old goat that probably wouldn't recognize most of the people on the "star studded" list if they were behind me in checkout line at the grocery store. In 1985, I think I was more "with it" than I am now. I'm more of the "don't get it" club. ;)

I don't think that either threatening them or tiptoeing around them is going to prevent issues in the future. The best way forward is for the family to heal. To do that, the family shouldn't cave, but they should privately admit that there were times they could have handled things better.

At the same time, Harry and Meghan will have to accept their share of blame for the initial estrangement. Moreover, they are going to have to acknowledge that going public made everything a lot worse than it would have otherwise. I don't see Harry and Meghan taking any responsibility for a while but I am optimistic that, sooner or later, they will take steps to repair the damage they've done. I truly believe that Harry loves his family and does not truly want to damage the monarchy, despite his recent actions.

In situations like this, you have one side actually screaming for attention and reactions. The best way to act is to not give them an inch. Ignoring them and just going on with things is what will annoy them the most. :D

(snip)
I can certainly see him out of the line of succession. How on earth could he do that living in the US? And the people in the UK seem to have had their fill of both of them.
(snip)

Living outside the UK does not preclude him from the line of succession. King Harald of Norway is No. 62 in the list I just found (though that list is a bit out of date), followed by CP Haakon and lots of other foreign royals. It is possible that some of the people further up the list live outside the UK.

I agree with you that I don’t see them taking responsibility. My remarks were supposed to be facetious but maybe that didn’t come across. I am a bit slap happy today;)

Living outside the UK does not preclude him from the line of succession. King Harald of Norway is No. 62 in the list I just found (though that list is a bit out of date), followed by CP Haakon and lots of other foreign royals. It is possible that some of the people further up the list live outside the UK.
Thanks for this info!

Oh I'm sure the information is out there. The point was that once this is all over and said and done with, who all were involved in it such as the Sussexes will not really be remembered for it. They're just part of the "star studded" line up to draw in the people for this event.

Then again, I'm an old goat that probably wouldn't recognize most of the people on the "star studded" list if they were behind me in checkout line at the grocery store. In 1985, I think I was more "with it" than I am now. I'm more of the "don't get it" club. ;)

In situations like this, you have one side actually screaming for attention and reactions. The best way to act is to not give them an inch. Ignoring them and just going on with things is what will annoy them the most. :D

You are absolutely correct, Osipi! That is a far more mature way to handle it by ignoring it. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some in the US media are spinning this event as “encouraging” people to get vaccinated, so it seems like it has multiple purposes.

Their involvement with this is great and kudos to them but they’re going to have to develop a really thick skin if they want to do things like this. There is going to be a significant contingent of people that will not be happy with any stance they take and they will, undoubtedly, get significant criticism.

Last night I watched a documentary on german tele called: Diana's dangerous heritage.
The film compares her relation to the media with what Harry is doing right now.

I did not find an extra thread here in this forum and as only my husband is british may I ask if Harry's choice of words is common in the UK?
There is a piece of the engagement interview and Harry is talking about the "crazy journey with Meghan "and that he hopes "the ring will remain on her finger."
I remember a lot how people judged what Charles said like " whatever love means" about his engagement to Diana ,
and now wonder if what Harry said is comparable weird for such an occasion.
In my mother tongue and culture we would never say something like this for an engagement, yet in an interview.

Maybe some british user would like to let me know? Thank you so much.

Last edited:
I think the "crazy journey" comment was just reflecting the fact that they hadn't know each other than long, and also that it had been a strange sort of relationship because it had been conducted long distance. I don't think there's anything weird about that: it's just reflecting what happened.

The comment about hoping the ring would remain on her finger just sounds like saying "I hope we're going to be together for the rest of our lives". Maybe it's a little bit strange, in that, if you're getting married, it should be taken as read that you hope you're going to be together for the rest of your lives, but I don't think anyone thought anything of it.

A week or so ago, this would have made me sad... but, I’m glad that Charles isn’t begging Harry for forgiveness; he should be angry and hurt at how his son ripped him publicly and threw the family under the bus. H seems to still be angry that his father didn’t give him what he wanted.

Charles is still fuming about Harry throwing shade at him and the royal family in the big interview and won’t let it drop,” the insider notes. “But to be honest, Harry didn’t go running back to Charles begging for forgiveness either. He still hasn’t forgiven his father for his lack of effort and support after he and Meghan decided to move. The reason Harry went back to the U.K. was to see the queen and to pay his respects to Prince Philip. That’s about as far as it goes.”

The Prince of Wales has a new vision in mind for the future, which does not involve Harry. “Charles is working toward a new slimmed-down monarchy and is freezing Harry out. He’s actually already out,” the source says. “After the damage Harry has caused the family, he firmly believes that his son doesn’t deserve the privilege of being a royal.”

Given the depth of the circumstances, royal watchers should not hold their breath for a reconciliation. According to the insider, “To put it bluntly, it’s unlikely that we’ll be seeing Harry and Charles making amends anytime soon.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...ll-freezing-prince-harry-out-after-interview/

Saddened to hear this if it is true.

It is sad...I’m sad for Charles that he’s, in a way, lost one of his sons...and it’s hard to see a way back until Harry starts seeing things from his father’s POV (and his family’s, as a whole)

Harpers Bazaar (not exactly accurate in royal family) is suggesting that Harry & Meghan privately wished The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their 10th wedding anniversary. This was based on a source closed to the Sussexes

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan have sent Prince William and Kate Middleton well wishes for their 10th wedding anniversary.

A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirms to BAZAAR.com that the couple have privately congratulated the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their marital milestone. However, it's unclear whether the message was sent via a phone call, video call, or written note.

The Sussex and Cambridge households seem to have had a more distant relationship in the past year following Harry and Meghan's decision to step back as senior working members of the royal family. Last month, the Sussexes expressed some of the frustrations they had while working within the institution, with Meghan revealing that Kate had at one point made her cry and Harry admitting that he and his brother were giving each other "space."

That said, there have been subtle signs of a slow and steady reconciliation between the two couples. In addition to the Sussexes' recent well wishes, Harry briefly reunited with his brother and sister-in-law in England earlier this month at the funeral for his grandfather Prince Philip.

Following the scaled-back service, Harry was seen walking and chatting with Will and Kate. BAZAAR can confirm that they attended a private family wake together for their grandfather as well. Though Meghan, who is in the late stages of pregnancy, could not attend the ceremony, she sent a note and a sentimental wreath for the late Duke of Edinburgh, which was displayed at the funeral.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Privately Wished Prince William and Kate Middleton a Happy Anniversary
A source close to the Sussexes confirms to BAZAAR.com that the couple expressed their well wishes.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...utm_campaign=socialflowTWHBZ&src=socialflowTW

That source would be Scobie....

Must the Sussexes inform us every time they do something ? Even if this is true, this - as far as I’m concerned- makes them look bad. What’s interesting is that there hasn’t been one positive leak about Harry and Charles...they’ve all been negative, including from Omid Scobie. It feels like Harry and Meghan want people to think things are improving with William (even if they’re not)...not so much his father. The below is a complete reach - Harry also met up with Charles, and you don’t hear OS crowing about their reconciliation. H saw his other family members - again, no talk of reconciliation. H and M sending anniversary wishes is nice, I suppose...but I don’t think that’s indicative of anything.

That said, there have been subtle signs of a slow and steady reconciliation between the two couples. In addition to the Sussexes' recent well wishes, Harry briefly reunited with his brother and sister-in-law in England earlier this month at the funeral for his grandfather Prince Philip.

Last edited:
I don’t think that one can take anything from articles appearing in US magazines like US Weekly or Harpers Bazaar for that matter. Nor from unnamed ‘sources’. No outsider (journalist) knows what conversations went on between Harry and his father and brother during the time he was at Windsor for the funeral, or between Harry and his grandmother for that matter.

I would not take this reports seriously.
The way more and more "sources and insiders" are said to pop up, the less credit I give them.
And if the couple really still spreads information this way, it only shows how poor their marriage&life is if they can only concentrate on the past and use it to stay in the media with this gossip.
They do not work and have not received enough in the past the media could report about, which I think is a really poor sign for two almost 40 year olds. I mean why does nobody write about Meghans glorious past as an actress? Or what Harry achieved in 35 years before Meghan met him? It's dead boring ��*♀️

Though it sounds hard, the only way to deal with them for the court is to cut them off.
Will be tough times for a while if they give more interviews but after a while Harry will simply have no more things to tell and then the can be ignored.

I feel sorry for Charles as a father but his position makes this inevitable IMO.

I don’t think that one can take anything from articles appearing in US magazines like US Weekly or Harpers Bazaar for that matter. Nor from unnamed ‘sources’. No outsider (journalist) knows what conversations went on between Harry and his father and brother during the time he was at Windsor for the funeral, or between Harry and his grandmother for that matter.

That’s fair, though HB is Omid, and he’s got the inside track with H and M.

It’s true some of these sources can be sketchy, but some of them might also be reputable (the fact that they are anonymous doesn’t make them sketchy.

It almost seems like there’s a back and forth between sources, trying to make either the Sussexes or the BRF the injured parties...

Harper's is usually Scobie and using "Duchess Meghan" and then "Kate Middleton" is a dead giveaway.

Of course we have to take everything with a pinch of salt.

I realise that they don't have an official social media account any more and can't just put something standard up there but *if* it is Scobie directed by them it would fit the pattern of them commenting that they've "privately" contacted the family on an
important event.

Although we haven't heard whether the Cambridges rated a locally sourced floral arrangement packed with symbolism along with a handwritten note so it's pretty mild whoever wrote it. ;)

A week or so ago, this would have made me sad... but, I’m glad that Charles isn’t begging Harry for forgiveness; he should be angry and hurt at how his son ripped him publicly and threw the family under the bus. H seems to still be angry that his father didn’t give him what he wanted.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...ll-freezing-prince-harry-out-after-interview/

I suspect this will be the new slant for a few weeks. After that, we'll go back to Charles is "desperate" for a reconciliation.

That source would be Scobie....

Must the Sussexes inform us every time they do something ? Even if this is true, this - as far as I’m concerned- makes them look bad. What’s interesting is that there hasn’t been one positive leak about Harry and Charles...they’ve all been negative, including from Omid Scobie. It feels like Harry and Meghan want people to think things are improving with William (even if they’re not)...not so much his father. The below is a complete reach - Harry also met up with Charles, and you don’t hear OS crowing about their reconciliation. H saw his other family members - again, no talk of reconciliation. H and M sending anniversary wishes is nice, I suppose...but I don’t think that’s indicative of anything.

I also wished my brother-in-law and sister-in-law a happy anniversary yesterday; do you think the world would want to know?

BTW, I also wished one of my other sisters-in-law a happy birthday last weekend and will wish my sister a happy birthday this weekend :D

could it be because they don't have social media that they cant place it there - the same way Kensington Roya, the Royal family and Clarence House twitter and Facebook works?
Or do they see like the Queen offers condolence, thank you and congratulation on behalf of the United Kingdom?

could it be because they don't have social media that they cant place it there - the same way Kensington Roya, the Royal family and Clarence House twitter and Facebook works?
Or do they see like the Queen offers condolence, thank you and congratulation on behalf of the United Kingdom?

If they would want to, they could easily create another 'personal' social media channel. Doesn't Archewell also have a social media presence? Although I think it is a wise decision that they are not using that to communicate about their personal issues - but I'm not sure that communicating through friends in the media or to charities you are related with is a better alternative.

I suspect this will be the new slant for a few weeks. After that, we'll go back to Charles is "desperate" for a reconciliation.

I’m sure he’d love it as a father, but parents have feelings, too. Maybe one day Harry will have some sort of epiphany, or he’ll be a different place. Giles Brandreth spoke about how Charles was in a “dark place” when he publicly criticized his parents (there are more details I didn’t include), but had changed his tune once he had a more positive feeling about the world.

In no way am I suggesting Harry is in a dark place, but I do think that it might take a mindset shift for him to think differently about his father.

He added: "Often where you are is how you see the world.

"So if you are in a dark corner personally, the world seems in a dark place.

"And you look back on your childhood and that seems a dark place and you feel you need to blame somebody."

But Mr Brandreth said Prince Charles' ill feelings towards his childhood "completely changed" in the years to come when he returned to a better place.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-abandonment-queen-prince-philip-relationship

Imagine if this was any other high-profile business, if we think of the working side of the Royal Family as a business. You announce that you're quitting because you're so unhappy, and then you appear on TV and slag off the business and everyone who works in it. Would you expect the managing director's vision for the future to include offering you your job back? I don't think so!

On a personal basis, it's sad that the relationship between Harry and Charles seems to have got so bad, but what did Harry expect?

I wouldn't take "unnamed sources close to the Sussexes" seriously at all if the Sussexes (or at least Meghan) didn't have a proven history of using them intentionally, most recently with the flowers.

Imagine if this was any other high-profile business, if we think of the working side of the Royal Family as a business. You announce that you're quitting because you're so unhappy, and then you appear on TV and slag off the business and everyone who works in it. Would you expect the managing director's vision for the future to include offering you your job back? I don't think so!

On a personal basis, it's sad that the relationship between Harry and Charles seems to have got so bad, but what did Harry expect?

Im surprised at it.. which I think shows that Harry has been acting difficult and irrational, in the past year or so... to the point where Charles who was an indulgent father, clearly felt that he had no option but to tell his son that he wouldnt' talk to him until he was less demanding. And I think that now, after the interview Charles is again in a situation where he feels that he has to be careful with what he says to his son.. He may well feel on a personal level that he'd like to take him back but that on a working/business level, he has to be ultra cautious what is said between them.. because he does not know how Harry may react if he feels himself to be crossed.

People grow up and marry and have children. I am thankful that Harry did not stay preserved as the "happy go lucky" guy. He would then be put in a niche as the "fun" perennial bachelor which is not a good thing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom