The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in Oprah's mind, broadcasting the "truth" made it necessary to alter headlines because she couldn't find enough real headlines to back up the Sussexes claims.

Oprah is also congratulating herself on publicizing a smear of the entire royal family (except the Queen and Prince Philip) by allowing the allegation to be aired without naming the actual individual supposedly involved. A decision that is made even more indefensible after Harry and Meghan couldn't even agree on the basic facts.

Oprah also let many lies go unchallenged, such as Archie wasn't a prince because of his heritage, their taxpayer funded security ended because of racism, etc.

Oprah also failed to press Meghan to respond to the bullying allegations but allowed Meghan to claim, without evidence, that Harry's family was leaking false information about her.

Oprah should stick to what she knows: entertainment, which is about creating appearances not revealing facts or even "truth.".

May I ask something as your are american or live there.
Is there any critical discussion about Oprah in the US in general?
I looked up her twitter and surprise surprise one cannot comment on the Sussex tweet and other stuff is limited for her friends only to comment, so does she need this control because otherwise thousands of tweets would be flooding her account or is it just a method of her pr? I saw only few critical answers left to later tweets (as the sussex is blocked from comments) and am surprised because so many are upset and usually many use social media to tell their opinion, anger or whatever but nobody seems to focus in the really bad job Oprah has done in this "interview", except dropping her jaw in "useful" moments a robot had done a better job asking questions ect
Being danish, married to a Brit I have never been interested in Oprah's work, but after this desaster I wonder how anyone can consider her a serious journalist (maybe she is not I don't know).
Thanks.

It wouldn’t have made much sense for another reason: When you place an order, you tend to place an order. Not explain why you’re doing it.

I find it distasteful that an occasion such as this was apparently seen as an opportunity to generate positive PR. I see no other purpose to making this public. If Meghan wanted to convey her thoughtfulness to the family alone- Scobie has made it clear she’s spoken to the Queen. And a nice handwritten letter would have done it too. Plenty of ways to accomplish that privately.

It’s also an odd thing to do when one of the issues between you and your in laws is privacy.

Beautifully said! This whole thing emphasizes where the Sussexes priorities lie - themselves, and publicizing themselves. What’s amazing is that they don’t understand how bad this makes them look; even if Meghan was sincere, going out of her way to make sure everyone knows just how sincere she is just makes it easy to wonder if she is. It’s really ugly - distasteful is a good word- to make a funeral, a FUNERAL- about yourself. But, H and M announced their first pregnancy at Eugenie’s wedding, so they have experience in trying to divert attention from the real star to themselves

Publicity. For the same reason why when it is discovered who makes an outfit or handbag a royal wears- that item usually sells out shortly after.
I'm sure Willow Crossley has seen a huge uptake in sales having their names seen in so many publications

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...on-prince-philip-funeral-flowers-royal-family
Please check out soapstar's post here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...ents-4-april-2021-a-48523-75.html#post2394175
Apparently it was confirmed that the details were released by the Sussexes' Global Press Secretary. Whoever that is.

In other news, barely a week after Prince Philip's funeral, we have Scobie doing his thing:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ex-latest-prince-harry-royal-family-update-vn
Most interesting quotes include:
Issues regarding Meghan Markle's time in the Royal Family "haven't been addressed" according to an expert. ABC News Royal Contributor Omid Scobie warned that the Duchess of Sussex's "journey" had to be acknowledged in reconciliation efforts.
"This isn't just about Harry and William, this is also about the journey that we heard from the Duchess of Sussex."And perhaps some of the things that haven't been addressed in that.
"That are many things that Harry can talk about with people."
The expert added: "But I'm sure there are many things that need to be said to the Duchess too."
I don't know how this is supposed to help. And how anything is supposed to be addressed if Harry's talks with William and Charles did not go well.

Publicity. For the same reason why when it is discovered who makes an outfit or handbag a royal wears- that item usually sells out shortly after.
I'm sure Willow Crossley has seen a huge uptake in sales having their names seen in so many publications

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...on-prince-philip-funeral-flowers-royal-family

Please read soapstar's earlier reply in which the media outlets confirmed the information regarding the wreath came from the Sussexes' spokesperson. They have not issued a denial or launched legal action either.
The Sussex spokesperson kindly provided publicity for their florist in the statement they authorized.

No objections to the beautiful wreath or the personal note. I only find the couple's timing on their decision to release their information about the wreath regrettable. Had they waited until the following day, it would have been better.

Last edited:
In other news, barely a week after Prince Philip's funeral, we have Scobie doing his thing:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ex-latest-prince-harry-royal-family-update-vn
I don't know how this is supposed to help. And how anything is supposed to be addressed if Harry's talks with William and Charles did not go well.

That's the same thing that Gayle was saying right after the interview that Meghan needed to be included in any peace talks.

However if Harry can't get any talks off the ground with his brother and father - and was at pains to tell us that, I don't see how adding his wife into the mix will help. Especially if they can't establish ground rules like "no talking to the media".

Would the Sussexes be happy if Kate insisted on being there because clearly Meghan has an issue with her that needs to be solved on this "journey" together? I'm not so sure.

They're treating Meghan's (extremely short) "journey" in the BRF like she was on Strictly Come Dancing and thought she was voted off too early or stormed out because of Backstage Drama.

It also seems that Meghan and Harry's "personal chats" with HM might not have been conducive either if they're complaining that she's being frozen out. I personally would be worried that Meghan/Harry was recording everything I said via Zoom to release out of context at a later date.

Long term Meghan will need to be involved but if they can't even have a phone call without it being called "unproductive" to the world twice then I don't see how she helps the situation right now when it's only been 6 weeks.

It smacks of them wanting the BRF to bend the knee GOT style rather than actually sort things out.

That's the same thing that Gayle was saying right after the interview that Meghan needed to be included in any peace talks.

However if Harry can't get any talks off the ground with his brother and father - and was at pains to tell us that, I don't see how adding his wife into the mix will help. Especially if they can't establish ground rules like "no talking to the media".

Would the Sussexes be happy if Kate insisted on being there because clearly Meghan has an issue with her that needs to be solved on this "journey" together? I'm not so sure.

They're treating Meghan's (extremely short) "journey" in the BRF like she was on Strictly Come Dancing and thought she was voted off too early or stormed out because of Backstage Drama.

It also seems that Meghan and Harry's "personal chats" with HM might not have been conducive either if they're complaining that she's being frozen out. I personally would be worried that Meghan/Harry was recording everything I said via Zoom to release out of context at a later date.

Long term Meghan will need to be involved but if they can't even have a phone call without it being called "unproductive" to the world twice then I don't see how she helps the situation right now when it's only been 6 weeks.

It smacks of them wanting the BRF to bend the knee GOT style rather than actually sort things out.

I believe what may have happened is that Meghan's "truths" that came out in the Oprah interview are kind of playing a huge second banana as the media focus goes primarily to Harry and his family and "working things out". Especially since Harry flew back to the UK for Philip's funeral.

The "truths" that Meghan wanted "out there" and focused on just didn't happen the way that she thought they would. They're turning out to be a side notes in stories revolving around Harry and his family. But then again, it's always been the BRF that draws the attention and Meghan actually wasn't a part of them long enough to really cement her place in it.

Says something too about wanting to have "equal billing" in things eh? :D

Please check out soapstar's post here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...ents-4-april-2021-a-48523-75.html#post2394175
Apparently it was confirmed that the details were released by the Sussexes' Global Press Secretary. Whoever that is.

All of this sounds very much as if the Sussexes consider themselves the only wronged party. As long as they don't recognize that they themselves made serious mistakes as well, I do indeed think that reconciliation is far away...

And I wonder what the 'end goal' is for the Sussexes regarding this reconciliation? Being publicly welcomed into the Royal Family? Receiving lots of money from them? Or being able to have a quiet personal relationship with Harry's family? I'd think the BRF would be hoping for the latter but I don't think that's enough for the Sussexes as that doesn't help their brand.

All I have heard and read about "wreathgates" is "according to sources", "palace insiders"..etc. and publications that have said
These publications did not state whether these details had been provided by the Sussexes' press office.

I will happily change my view on the matter if someone provide a link that says the details were released by the couple and/or their press people.

Ugh. The rift is ultimately between Harry and his family.; IMO that takes precedence over Meghan’s “journey”. The problem is that Harry sees everything through her eyes; I don’t think he has any desire to try and see things from his family’s perspective. He and M genuinely think they are the wronged parties. Add this to H choosing some billionaire over his father, and I’m not holding out a lot of hope for a genuine reconciliation

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

Please read soapstar's earlier reply in which the media outlets confirmed the information regarding the wreath came from the Sussexes' spokesperson. They have not issued a denial or launched legal action either.
The Sussex spokesperson kindly provided publicity for their florist in the statement they authorized.

No objections to the beautiful wreath or the personal note. I only find the couple's timing on their decision to release their information about the wreath regrettable. Had they waited until the following day, it would have been better.

IA with much of what you say, though if no one else in the family is releasing information on funeral wreaths, I don’t there is a good time. To me, it sounds like you’re still using a terribly sad time in the family’s life as a PR opportunity for yourself. Because that is who benefits from this information being released. If the rest of the family keeps these details private, you keep it private IMO. Especially IF you have any real interest in reconciliation.

Right before the funeral begins is the worst time though. Agreed on that.

Last edited:
All of this sounds very much as if the Sussexes consider themselves the only wronged party. As long as they don't recognize that they themselves made serious mistakes as well, I do indeed think that reconciliation is far away...

And I wonder what the 'end goal' is for the Sussexes regarding this reconciliation? Being publicly welcomed into the Royal Family? Receiving lots of money from them? Or being able to have a quiet personal relationship with Harry's family? I'd think the BRF would be hoping for the latter but I don't think that's enough for the Sussexes as that doesn't help their brand.
In my opinion, I've been viewing that wrong all this time. The Sussexes don't see themselves as the wronged party, they see Meghan as the wrong party. It would make total sense given the commentary we've received from both Omid Scobie and Gayle King.

I think they want the BRF to admit Meghan was not treated right - by them as an organisation and as a family and by the press. I think they want, maybe not a public apology, but more recognition on how hard this has been for her. Even though they already did that, maybe not enough.
All I have heard and read about "wreathgates" is "according to sources", "palace insiders"..etc. and publications that have said
These publications did not state whether these details had been provided by the Sussexes' press office.

I will happily change my view on the matter if someone provide a link that says the details were released by the couple and/or their press people.
I have literally linked a post, made by this forums' mod, with a quote and a link to an article that states this statement was issued by Sussexes' Global Press Secretary.

I find the whole thing very weird and very distasteful. People post pretty much anything and everything on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter these days, but I have never, ever, seen anyone post on social media about a wreath they sent to a funeral. It's just not something that anyone would do. You might post about the lovely bouquet of flowers that your partner sent you for your birthday, or that someone sent to cheer you up when you were feeling unwell, but the wreath you sent to your grandfather's funeral? Who does that?!

And how can the statement have come from anyone other than the Sussexes? I don't suppose they explained to the florist why they wanted each particular flower, so how would the florist know?

Last edited:
I believe what may have happened is that Meghan's "truths" that came out in the Oprah interview are kind of playing a huge second banana as the media focus goes primarily to Harry and his family and "working things out". Especially since Harry flew back to the UK for Philip's funeral.

The "truths" that Meghan wanted "out there" and focused on just didn't happen the way that she thought they would. They're turning out to be a side notes in stories revolving around Harry and his family. But then again, it's always been the BRF that draws the attention and Meghan actually wasn't a part of them long enough to really cement her place in it.

Says something too about wanting to have "equal billing" in things eh? :D

That makes sense. Of course the media in the UK are mostly focusing on Harry and his father and brother. They're the key component here and have been all their lives. Meghan only married in a little less than 3 years ago and has been "out" for half that.

She's obviously a big part of the story but she's never going to be the primary focus here, when talking about a royal rift between a prince and two future kings. If it was her vs Harry ala the Wars of the Waleses things might be different. Or if she'd been married in longer.

It really makes me think that they were serious when they complained through Gayle that everyone was focusing too much on "are the royals racist?" and not enough on "Meghan the biggest victim". Even though a lot of people were applauding her for telling "her truth". Previously I thought they were being disingenuous about that, whereas now it seems to be partly the truth, although Meghan still knew what she was doing when she brought up race.

That said, it seems a lot more of the US media is focused on her and less on Harry but then they aren't as dominating a story as they are in the UK in general.

Assuming everything is fine with the birth we probably will see Meghan back in the UK for the statue unveiling so she can be part of the next round of talks/PR, which I previously didn't think was likely at all.

I think their endgame is still a full public apology, with HRH titles guaranteed, HIHO with invitations to all the fun parts and Charles paying security and upkeep of their lifestyle costs. Especially now they're "re-evaluating" their Spotify and Netflix content according to Scobie.

Harry himself complained about his family especially his father and he was the one who dealt with the unnamed person who talked about Archie's appearance. I did not see Meghan "putting down" Kate. She praised her and said she was a good person. Also, I firmly believe that if Kate had denied the crying story or if a KP spokesperson did, a lot of problems and ill will could have been avoided. I think that there was ill will between the Cambridges and the Sussexes which came to a head. During that service Kate and William looked daggers and snubbed the Sussexes. I don't think all the fault can be put at the feet of the Sussexes. Maybe HM or Charles should have stepped in. I think of course there are differences of opinions about the Sussexes. Some view them positively.

Ugh. The rift is ultimately between Harry and his family.; IMO that takes precedence over Meghan’s “journey”. The problem is that Harry sees everything through her eyes; I don’t think he has any desire to try and see things from his family’s perspective. He and M genuinely think they are the wronged parties. Add this to H choosing some billionaire over his father, and I’m not holding out a lot of hope for a genuine reconciliation

Most of this IA with. But I’m not necessarily sure he chose a billionaire over his father. Or grandmother, for that matter. Maybe Charles needed some time alone, as was indicated. Maybe all agreed that further interaction at this time wouldn’t be helpful. We really don’t know.

I mostly find it fascinating that an exclusive place, known for its discretion, has Harry’s meeting leak out. Of ALL meetings, it would be that one.

I do find Meghan’s “journey” to be an interesting word choice. She didn’t last 2 years. Not much of a journey there.

Charles left for his estate in Wales, I think he wanted to have some down time during and after a period of mourning.

I looked up her twitter and surprise surprise one cannot comment on the Sussex tweet and other stuff is limited for her friends only to comment, so does she need this control because otherwise thousands of tweets would be flooding her account or is it just a method of her pr? I saw only few critical answers left to later tweets (as the sussex is blocked from comments) and am surprised because so many are upset and usually many use social media to tell their opinion, anger or whatever but nobody seems to focus in the really bad job Oprah has done in this "interview", except dropping her jaw in "useful" moments a robot had done a better job asking questions ect

Being danish, married to a Brit I have never been interested in Oprah's work, but after this desaster I wonder how anyone can consider her a serious journalist (maybe she is not I don't know).

Thanks.

I know you didn’t ask me, but as an American, I can help a little.

Oprah is not a serious journalist. Never has been. She is a highly successful self made talk show host. Who I had a lot more respect for prior to her going off about “your truth” and this interview which was full of lies and misleading statements. (I really liked it when Meghan made it sound like she was practically a prisoner. She sure got around a lot in a short period for a trapped person....)

Had this interview been done by an actual journalist, this would have been very different because they’re held to higher standards. I believe CBS (?) said as much in the aftermath when their lies started trickling out.

Most of this IA with. But I’m not necessarily sure he chose a billionaire over his father. Or grandmother, for that matter. Maybe Charles needed some time alone, as was indicated. Maybe all agreed that further interaction at this time wouldn’t be helpful. We really don’t know.

I mostly find it fascinating that an exclusive place, known for its discretion, has Harry’s meeting leak out. Of ALL meetings, it would be that one.

I do find Meghan’s “journey” to be an interesting word choice. She didn’t last 2 years. Not much of a journey there.

I admit there's a lot of information out there that we're not exactly sure what is accurate. If it's true that both Charles and William wanted to talk with Harry only if both of them were in the room, then I wouldn't think Charles would have asked to see Harry privately. I believe he did, however......and if he did, and Harry said he (as I've read) didn't have any time on his schedule, that would explain why Charles left for Wales immediatel.

Not only that, but she started in one place (wanting to change BRF/monarchy) and ended in one place. What journey did she take? She just wants the world to believe she's a woman scorned and lay it at the feet of the BRF

I think Scobie is forgetting there’s another, very viable alternative, which is that nothing gets resolved. Charles and William continue to believe The Sussexes can’t be trusted and have guarded and superficial interactions with Harry and none at all with Meghan from here on. The Sussexes are told that further discussion regarding their list of grievances is unlikely to be helpful. The BRF carries on as it sees fit and Harry and Meghan can do the same.

Some people seem to be living in this fantasy world where Harry and Meghan are Lionel Messi and the BRF is Barcelona, where they can do or say anything and the team will come crawling, begging to keep them on any terms. Whereas what’s actually happened is that Harry and Meghan said they were leaving, the BRF said “ok, bye” and then stood their ground, including when the couple went for broke on Oprah. The rift is sad on a personal level but the RF didn’t lose anything irreplaceable when The Sussexes left and it hasn’t been irreparably damaged by any of their claims, no matter how many times it’s stated as fact by those with their own personal or political agendas.

Thanks.

I have not seen any critical discussion of the interview. The first few days were full of commentators talking about the allegations of racism, and there has been little discussion since. Oprah is not considered a serious journalist. When Oprah was called out for doctoring headlines to create the appearance of racism, CBS brushed it off by announcing she is not a journalist. There has been no debate here about Archie's title or the Sussexes security. I will say that many of my friends were a put off by Harry's complaints about being financially cut off, but the media didn't dwell on it.

I think Oprah is well known and well liked. Her fans trust her judgment and will probably accept that if Oprah believes them it is probably true.

Harry himself complained about his family especially his father and he was the one who dealt with the unnamed person who talked about Archie's appearance. I did not see Meghan "putting down" Kate. She praised her and said she was a good person. Also, I firmly believe that if Kate had denied the crying story or if a KP spokesperson did, a lot of problems and ill will could have been avoided. I think that there was ill will between the Cambridges and the Sussexes which came to a head. During that service Kate and William looked daggers and snubbed the Sussexes. I don't think all the fault can be put at the feet of the Sussexes. Maybe HM or Charles should have stepped in. I think of course there are differences of opinions about the Sussexes. Some view them positively.

The Sussexes had equal access to the KP press office when the crying story was first published as that was where they were headquartered at that time. They had not split their communication team yet. They could have chosen to have a rebuttal issued at that time but chose to not do so. They could have chosen to share Meghan's side of the story via "Finding Freedom" which they collaborated with authors. However they chose to say that no one cried. They could have mentioned this in the South Africa interview, but again chose not to do so.
They had opportunities but chose to wait until 2021 with Oprah.

Harry did speak out and seemed unhappy with his father which was expressing his feelings. I don't think they "lied". Royals like Diana and Sarah found out are not free to leave the residence without security or just cannot up and leave. So there is truth in that. Oprah like Barbara Walters did give interviews. I am not sure there are "serious" journalists around anymore. Just my take on it. Some like Mike Wallace had retired (and he has since passed away. And depending on the journalist may be biased (there are right wing and left wing sympathetic journalists these days). Charlie Rose was forced to resign and he did various interviews.

In my opinion, I've been viewing that wrong all this time. The Sussexes don't see themselves as the wronged party, they see Meghan as the wrong party. It would make total sense given the commentary we've received from both Omid Scobie and Gayle King.

I think they want the BRF to admit Meghan was not treated right - by them as an organisation and as a family and by the press. I think they want, maybe not a public apology, but more recognition on how hard this has been for her. Even though they already did that, maybe not enough.

At this point, I think whatever exactly it is Harry and Meghan want- I tend to think they want at least some of it to be public. Their interview of complaints was (obviously) public. Gayle and Scobie keep commenting publicly on the situation- where things stand, Meghan’s “journey”, etc. If that’s what it takes for reconciliation, I don’t see it happening. The Palace has made their public comments on the situation. That’s it.

Meghan seems to be the primary wronged party- simply because she was the focus of the interview, and the “her journey” comments. A lot seems to be about her.

Last edited:
Harry certainly expressed his own grievances in that interview--he seemed to indicate he had unresolved issues (not just security) with his father. I would not say it is all about her. Also, I do think that they are worried also about security for their son and the daughter born during the Summer.

It would be easier for me to acknowledge that the Meghan and Harry are not completely at fault if they took responsibility for anything. I have heard nothing about that interview or subsequent reports that indicate that the Sussexes acknowledge that they are not perfect either. I keep going back to the fact that they blamed the palace human resources department because Harry didn't arrange for his wife to get mental health care.

Whatever we think about the policy, the royal family rarely issues denials and that was explained to Meghan. We know there have been many ugly stories about the family that have not been denied.

Moreover, I don't think the silly article was that really that important to Meghan and she is changing the story to better fit her narrative. If she was really upset at the time, she could have sent her friends to the media (as she was doing with her family's statements) or released her own statement. She also could have corrected the record when cooperating with Finding Freedom. The fact that she didn't do any of that speaks volumes in my opinion.

That said, I am sure Harry and Meghan have legitimate complaints, although I haven't heard any. No one is perfect and I doubt the other members of the family are without fault. None of that justifies publicly embarrassing your family.

It would have been really, really nice if that once the interview was over and done with, Harry and Meghan stuck to what was claimed as "they're not going to say any more about it". They probably figured they'd drop the bomb and leave the cleanup and the apologies and the resolutions to just start flowing into their inboxes like spam and phishing emails. That didn't happen. They figured things wrong. A lot of what they did boomeranged right back on their own heads and they didn't count on that happening.

The interview and Meghan's "truths" were a flash in a pan for entertainment purposes for two hours and pretty much quickly forgotten by the general viewing public. We all saw the international coverage that the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh drew in and the subsequent stories about Harry and his family. Oh... Meghan was mentioned as "watching on TV" for the most part with some places reporting that she had "sent a wreath". The Sussex PR team have had to really work to make sure Meghan even gets noticed or mentioned hence why they issue "statements" and feed Scobie and Co. with "information".

Truth be told, marrying Harry brought Meghan up to the international level of coverage that the royal family does get year in and year out. Harry moving with Meghan to California is most likely to drop him down to the level of fame that Meghan had prior to marrying into the royal family. I think that is not what the couple counted on happening but they counted on a whole lot of things that didn't come to pass into reality.

The reality is that the BRF and the monarchy are capable of holding their own in a battle of wits whereas Harry and Meghan are basically unarmed. :D

It would be easier for me to acknowledge that the Meghan and Harry are not completely at fault if they took responsibility for anything. I have heard nothing about that interview or subsequent reports that indicate that the Sussexes acknowledge that they are not perfect either. I keep going back to the fact that they blamed the palace human resources department because Harry didn't arrange for his wife to get mental health care.

Whatever we think about the policy, the royal family rarely issues denials and that was explained to Meghan. We know there have been many ugly stories about the family that have not been denied.

Moreover, I don't think the silly article was that really that important to Meghan and she is changing the story to better fit her narrative. If she was really upset at the time, she could have sent her friends to the media (as she was doing with her family's statements) or released her own statement. She also could have corrected the record when cooperating with Finding Freedom. The fact that she didn't do any of that speaks volumes in my opinion.

That said, I am sure Harry and Meghan have legitimate complaints, although I haven't heard any. No one is perfect and I doubt the other members of the family are without fault. None of that justifies publicly embarrassing your family.

Very true and it should be acknowledged that in 2018 when the crying story was first released, the Sussexes were still using KP as their residence and office. They could have issued a denial/rebuttal through KP Communications but like with "Finding Freedom" they chose not to do so. They could have said something during the South Africa interview, but again opted to not say anything about it. It seems that it was only worth addressing to Oprah Winfrey.

This is exactly where I am. I think they probably do have legitimate complaints about things but I haven't heard any in all this.

So much of the interview can be proved factually wrong or just doesn't make sense so it just throws doubt on all the complaints and accusations for me.

That said I'm sure William and Charles and others have egos, can be difficult to work with, may have been jealous, may have been unwilling to compromise or whatever. But that's not the parts Harry and Meghan are focusing on. Even his complaints about Charles sound incredibly entitled from a 36 year old who willingly walked away from the family business.

It would also have looked a lot better if the Sussexes had admitted mistakes of their own. If nothing else that maybe Meghan had jumped in too soon, been a bit too eager to suggest changes, especially since she supposedly knew absolutely nothing about the UK or the Monarchy when she got married. But no. She was raring to "give up everything" but unfortunately didn't even google anything for over a year of knowing Harry. Or Harry admitting it was his fault that he didn't ask his family for help, not theirs or the staffers. Or that some of the media uproar wasn't helped by their own releases as in Archie's confused birth announcements.

Still laughing over "Meghan's Reality TV Journey" in the BRF Show.

Last edited:
[Never mind - someone already addressed this.]

On another note, I don't think there's any good resolution at this point. Harry and Meghan can't afford their desired lifestyle (including their mortgage) unless they can stay in the headlines - and maybe not even then. They can't stay in the headlines unless they continue gossiping about or otherwise publicly entangling themselves with the royals. But if they (or just Harry) wants to have any relationship with his family, they need to stop doing that. The family might eventually forgive the Oprah thing if it were a one-off, but it can't be a one-off, or Harry's going to have to downsize.

Last edited:
Very true and it should be acknowledged that in 2018 when the crying story was first released, the Sussexes were still using KP as their residence and office. They could have issued a denial/rebuttal through KP Communications but like with "Finding Freedom" they chose not to do so. They could have said something during the South Africa interview, but again opted to not say anything about it. It seems that it was only worth addressing to Oprah Winfrey.

The racism comment is obviously more serious, but it’s the same idea: it was only worth talking about on Oprah. They never addressed whatever was said to the individual. Apparently it was only worth talking about to a worldwide audience when they could blanket the whole family with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom