The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Not really. There's usually a period of court mourning..

Old 04-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
His situation is far more complex than this. No hotels are open in England. He has a pregnant wife. Where would he stay for five days?

Things are just not easy at the moment. It is nest to ot act in haste.
He has a home in the UK. It isn't really that complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
This is true, the time difference may very well have factored in. I just truly don't believe in any universe that they weren't alerted to the time when the official statement would be made and, given their track record and the questions that absolutely everyone knew would be raised, I honestly expected them to have a statement ready to issue moments after the official announcement was made. As for the rest of the grandchildren not issuing statements, I don't really think that's a comparison we can make because none of the other grandchildren issue statements like "...have privately congratulated ??? on the birth of their son/daughter" as Harry and Meghan like to do.

I'm honestly not trying to start a debate about all of this, I just really found it incredibly odd given the track record and the obvious questions out there that they didn't issue any kind of statement. At least they haven't yet, anyway.
As for Harry and Meghan making a comment? They are 8 hours behind. And frankly we don't need comment. The family as a whole made one. Also Meghan usually typically issue those statements because people ask them. They not releasing statements themselves, it is always in reply from some media agency contracting their PR.

I know we all want to be snarky and all have feelings one way or another, not today is not the day for all that.

Old 04-09-2021, 11:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
His situation is far more complex than this. No hotels are open in England. He has a pregnant wife. Where would he stay for five days?

Things are just not easy at the moment.
You are allowed to quarantine at a private residence, including with "friends and family" or your own residence. There is no requirement to quarantine at a hotel.

As many of us have sadly experienced with deaths of loved ones and travel, Harry will have to make a decision based on his personal circumstances, but there is no legal impediment to his travels to the U.K., which was the question on this board this morning.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

As for Harry and Meghan making a comment? They are 8 hours behind. And frankly we don't need comment. The family as a whole made one.

I know we all want to be snarky and all have feelings one way or another, not today is not the day for all that.
What hardly? But it isn't that easy and that home is either closed and/or used by Eugenie who has a small baby. As we dont really seem to know what the precise situation is with that. But who would you want to put at risk? Is that even fair? For a day. Harry loved his grandfather and that love isn't contingent on being able.to attend a service under extreme pandemic condtions. He would either have to enter a house with others and then br isolated from them for 5 days at a time when his wife is pregnant and people are nervous. No younger member of the royal family would have been vaccinated it. People are going through horrendous times at the moment.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
He passed this morning UK time. But the family would have been waiting for this. Word is there will be no individual statements from the family.
No members of the Family have released personal statements. I don't see why Harry and Meghan should be expected to do so.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It's just been reported on Fox News that Harry is expected to return to the UK. That's all that's been said. No word on whether Meghan will accompany him or not.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

As for Harry and Meghan making a comment? They are 8 hours behind. And frankly we don't need comment. The family as a whole made one. Also Meghan usually typically issue those statements because people ask them. They not releasing statements themselves, it is always in reply from some media agency contracting their PR.

I wasn't being snarky. I'm just genuinely surprised. Given all of the very public sentiments expressed about the DoE being ill during the drama of the last couple of months and the questions that even the most oblivious person can see will be raised, along with their track record of issuing statements about things that didn't really need comment even if they are answers in response to questions, I'm just simply stating that I'm surprised they haven't had one of their mouthpieces issue something yet. To be perfectly honest, I'm very pleasantly surprised and I think it speaks well of them that they haven't felt the need to "make their voices heard" on the matter.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It's just been reported on Fox News that Harry is expected to return to the UK. That's all that's been said. No word on whether Meghan will accompany him or not.
Certainly that is just what they think. Given none of us know and it hasn't been discussed here.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
No members of the Family have released personal statements. I don't see why Harry and Meghan should be expected to do so.
I was also wondering if any of them released statements. Wasn't sure where to post the question.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I would guess that when family members were informed, all were told to please allow the Queen's statement to speak on behalf of all family members for the time being.

So I wouldn't expect anything from Harry & Meghan right now.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

If Meghan isn't due anytime soon, I expect Harry to be in the UK.
Frogmore is his home. He can quarantine for a few days on a separate floor or on a different wing from the Brooksbanks.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
If Meghan isn't due anytime soon, I expect Harry to be in the UK.
Frogmore is his home. He can quarantine for a few days on a separate floor or on a different wing from the Brooksbanks.
I'm sure they could find him somewhere covid safe in one of the royal residences but saying "Frogmore is his home and he can just say on a separate floor or wing to the Brooksbanks" is overlooking the fact that Frogmore isn't *that* big, they have a 2 month old baby and need to be as safe as possible and everything else a new born entails that means accommodating someone might not be easy.

And last but not least that even though his name is still on the lease that he gave that home up to someone else and doesn't automatically have rights to it on a dime.

Whilst it seems likely he'll try and get back I don't think we can take any reports about it as gospel for now.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I'm sure they could find him somewhere covid safe in one of the royal residences but saying "Frogmore is his home and he can just say on a separate floor" to the Brooksbanks" is overlooking the fact that Frogmore isn't *that* big, they have a 2 month old baby and need to be as safe as possible and everything else a new born entail.

And last but not least that even though his name is still on the lease that he gave that home up to someone else and doesn't automatically have rights to it on a dime.
Your right. I am sure he would have a bedroom and bathroom to himself but that is it. I am sure he could be put into Windsor itself but you know at thrbmomentnone has to question whether it is worth it.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I feel very sad for Harry today. I hope he will make it to, if not the funeral, a memorial service at some point.
I feel sorry for the entire family, with Philip's death. I think there would be a memorial in the future and perhaps a statue.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What hardly? But it isn't that easy and that home is either closed and/or used by Eugenie who has a small baby. As we dont really seem to know what the precise situation is with that. But who would you want to put at risk? Is that even fair? For a day. Harry loved his grandfather and that love isn't contingent on being able.to attend a service under extreme pandemic condtions. He would either have to enter a house with others and then br isolated from them for 5 days at a time when his wife is pregnant and people are nervous. No younger member of the royal family would have been vaccinated it. People are going through horrendous times at the moment.
The BRF isn't exactly lacking properties. I'm positive they could find somewhere – anywhere – to put him in isolation where his contact with others would be minimal.

You don't need to attend someone's funeral to have loved them deeply, no. But when, with a few amendments to the original plans perhaps, there is a chance for a grandchild to be able to be at their grandparent's funeral, I don't see why on earth that shouldn't happen. "Is it worth it for just one day?" I think for anyone who's lost someone close to them, the answer would be a resounding yes. Absolutely.

Old 04-09-2021, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I feel sorry for the entire family, with Philip's death. I think there would be a memorial in the future and perhaps a statue.
I hadn't really thought about that but I do hope you're right. He's been a leading voice for such a long time on technology, the environment, healthy living, etc., not to mention his naval service during WWII and his services to Queen and country, that it really would seem very appropriate for a statue to be placed at some point in the relatively near future.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
The BRF isn't exactly lacking properties. I'm positive they could find somewhere – anywhere – to put him in isolation where his contact with others would be minimal.

You don't need to attend someone's funeral to have loved them deeply, no. But when, with a few amendments to the original plans perhaps, there is a chance for a grandchild to be able to be at their grandparent's funeral, I don't see why on earth that shouldn't happen. "Is it worth it for just one day?" I think for anyone who's lost someone close to them, the answer would be a resounding yes. Absolutely.
These are not normal times. And people have, and are, having to make decisions which in normal times are unheard of. I would be neither shocked or surprised if he wasn't there. And I dont know about America but the UK is still very much in lockdown with the first major steps out happening on Monday.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:05 PM
Courtier

The Brooksbanks do not live at Frogmore.

If Harry wishes to be in the UK for Philip's funeral, I do not believe he would be impeded from doing so.

However, we are certainly in no position to judge any decision he undertakes. Perhaps they had long conversations many years in the past wherein Philip revealed he thought funerals were ridiculous and he hoped no one would put themselves out to attend his. Perhaps Meghan is unwell at this time and Harry is not comfortable leaving her. Perhaps Philip and Harry had conversations in recent weeks in which Philip expressed a desire that Harry not reunite with the family under these circumstances.

We just don't know.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
The Brooksbanks do not live at Frogmore.
Unless they are at Royal Lodge I dont know where they are.theast official.announcement was that they were and there has been no other official comments.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry and Meghan's website has done dark in a memorial for Prince Philip.

https://archewell.com

Closed Thread