The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
I can see them at private family gatherings but because they have chosen not to be working royals, I really canít see them on the balcony again. If the polls in the UK are correct, people would be furious about that. I cannot remember: has Andrew joined the family on the balcony since he stepped down (or back)?
There haven't been any balcony events since Andrew (or Harry and Meghan) stepped down due to COVID.

For Trooping in previous years this was the one chance for a lot of extended family who were not working royals or HM's descendants to be on the balcony e.g. Lady Gabriella, Lord Frederick, Lady Davina and Gary Lewis and families were invited, so it's not a "working royals" thing. But it might become that to avoid Harry and Andrew issues in the future.

I think if they'd left quietly there would be no question of them being invited back for big events but now there's always the question of trust and if they're going to give a rundown of the gossip to Oprah or Gayle or monetise it for their podcast etc.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think, because of the bubble restrictions, Harry will catch a flight home as soon as he can. Either late Saturday or Sunday. Perhaps anything with the family can be put on the back burner until Harry possibly returns to the UK at the end of June to be there for the unveiling of Diana's statue. Maybe not. Depends on when his second child is born.

After the funeral Saturday, I think most family members will experience a sense of air being let out of a balloon as the funeral process has been completed and there's a sense of closure. To me, its not the time to worry about family relationships and disagreements and try to mend fences. If it happens that Harry does stay, that's great but I don't really think he will.
Do we know if Harry is fully vaccinated? I have not read Californiaís rules so I donít know if he is eligible yet. I agree that a funeral is not the time to mend fences with his father, brother, and extended family members . However, I do hope he will get to spend some time, even if a few hours, with his grandmother who because of her age....you never know. I donít know if the current rules in the UK would allow outside visits with masks. The Queen is fully vaccinated so the risk is less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
There haven't been any balcony events since Andrew (or Harry and Meghan) stepped down due to COVID.

For Trooping in previous years this was the one chance for a lot of extended family who were not working royals or HM's descendants to be on the balcony e.g. Lady Gabriella, Lord Frederick, Lady Davina and Gary Lewis and families were invited, so it's not a "working royals" thing. But it might become that to avoid Harry and Andrew issues in the future.

I think if they'd left quietly there would be no question of them being invited back for big events but now there's always the question of trust and if they're going to give a rundown of the gossip to Oprah or Gayle or monetise it for their podcast etc.
That is a very good point. They may choose to just include working royals as a solution to the issues that Andrew , Harry , and Meghan have caused. And it would probably be more palatable to the public.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Given his very pregnant wife and small child in Cali why would anyone be surprised that he’d prefer to leave right after the funeral?
Because he claimed he hoped to heal the relationship with his family. Meghan isn't going to give birth right now, she said summer, and small children can cope without the presence of one of their parents for a few weeks just fine. This said, I won't be surprised if he doesn't stay.

I was born when my father was away because of work. I also grew up with my father being away half of the time because of the nature of his work. Many of my friends were the same. Sometimes, you need to prioritize other things than being with your wife and child 24/7. Headlines like "desperate to return to Meghan" aren't cute in my eyes and make Harry look like downright whiny. I wonder if that's the purpose since he isn't the tabloids' favourite right now. There are many ways to express the sentiment that he wants to go back as soon as possible and they chose the one that paints him a very unflattering light. People who can't go back to their families for months are "desperate". People who aren't sure they can go back for a funeral are "desperate to go". Harry... just misses Meghan and Archie, hence the dramatic headlines? Tabloids know what they're doing.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Nothing's wrong for him wanting to return and stay with his pregnant wife (who has been miscarried before), no matter when the due date is. Everyone's priorities are different, that's it.

And personally I don't think it would be a great timing to heal the relationship with his family.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:

That is a very good point. They may choose to just include working royals as a solution to the issues that Andrew , Harry , and Meghan have caused. And it would probably be more palatable to the public.
So that would only be The Queen, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie, Anne, Duke&Dss of Gloucester, Duke&Dss of Kent, and Pss Alexandra. That would be a really small group at the balcony. But it would make sense if they decide to go that way.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I am really hoping that the sources are false, just tabloid fodder, and not Meghan asking her friends to give out tit bits.
Her close friends all say she is a lovely kind person, and if so surely she would keep quiet and not be saying anything at this time other than showing sympathy towards the queen.
And those friends spoke it themselves without hiding behind anonymous sources. Meghan hasn't been seen since the interview aired well over a month ago. We have not heard from this woman whatsoever. The only thing we got from their official spokesperson was she wanted to attend but didn't get medical clearance. That is it.

All this seems to me is the media wanting to keep her in the story because it creates conversation and clicks for them.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Because he claimed he hoped to heal the relationship with his family. Meghan isn't going to give birth right now, she said summer, and small children can cope without the presence of one of their parents for a few weeks just fine. This said, I won't be surprised if he doesn't stay.

I wouldnít be surprised if he just goes home immediately after either. I really donít have an opinion on the matter. Funerals are emotional, stressful times for families under the best of circumstances. These are obviously not good.

I still find it bizarre that Harry talked about wanted to heal things with his family while giving an interview throwing them under the bus and talking about private family matters. Did he not get how absurd the sounded? If reconciliation was truly a highly priority that interview never would have happened IMO. His views may have shifted since then, of course.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I wouldnít be surprised if he just goes home immediately after either. I really donít have an opinion on the matter. Funerals are emotional, stressful times for families under the best of circumstances. These are obviously not good.

I still find it bizarre that Harry talked about wanted to heal things with his family while giving an interview throwing them under the bus and talking about private family matters. Did he not get how absurd the sounded? If reconciliation was truly a highly priority that interview never would have happened IMO. His views may have shifted since then, of course.
Harry isnít the swiftest boat in the ocean, and he seems to be impulsive, so I donít know that he actually thought about that contradiction in wanting to heal rifts, but also airing grievances.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Harry isnít the swiftest boat in the ocean, and he seems to be impulsive, so I donít know that he actually thought about that contradiction in wanting to heal rifts, but also airing grievances.
If they think they're THE wronged party, there's no contradiction. If they think they did everything right and stellarly and were villainly screwed over by the RF, as they seem to show in the interview, then why woudn't they expect of the RF to prostrate itself before them and humbly beg for forgiveness? Then, they could have "forgiven" and "moved on". But since it didn't happen, Janina, Gayle and Omid were sent to the frontlines and the "healing" was left on the backburner, IMO.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:50 AM
Serene Highness

Up to 6 people are allowed to meet up outdoors, so the Queen, Charles, William and Harry could all sit in the garden, provided that they didn't get too close, but I don't know that this is the time for it.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Up to 6 people are allowed to meet up outdoors, so the Queen, Charles, William and Harry could all sit in the garden, provided that they didn't get too close, but I don't know that this is the time for it.
IMO, it isn't. But it's amusing to watch the media turn around on this after all of their "Funeral is the perfect time to heal the rift!", "Harry talked to this and that!", "It's up to the Queen to take steps towards reconciliation now". Suddenly, it's all "Harry goes back". They made a mountain out of a molehill.

Funeral is about loss. Healing is another matter. Separate things.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I agree but the process of healing can begin from the loss. Being together, talking about the loved one, sharing stories, making each other laugh with a few tears. Some lunches / afternoon teas in the garden for up to 6 people would be COVID compliant and good for them all if the focus is on remembering Philip. It would also bring his wishes to the fore about being a family and might help them past some barriers eg what would Papa/Grandpa want us to do?
Old 04-15-2021, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I agree but the process of healing can begin from the loss. Being together, talking about the loved one, sharing stories, making each other laugh with a few tears. Some lunches / afternoon teas in the garden for up to 6 people would be COVID compliant and good for them all if the focus is on remembering Philip. It would also bring his wishes to the fore about being a family and might help them past some barriers eg what would Papa/Grandpa want us to do?
It might be. But that wasn't what the media said, was it? They immediately started making it all about the great reconciliation as something that logically should take place right away, instead of letting people deal with it as they saw fit. Media tried to assign roles. I think it was only yesterday when Kate was pushed into the peacemaker mould. Before, it was TQ. There was even something about Beatrice and Eugenie...
Old 04-15-2021, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Zara's been mentioned as well!
Old 04-15-2021, 11:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If they think they're THE wronged party, there's no contradiction. If they think they did everything right and stellarly and were villainly screwed over by the RF, as they seem to show in the interview, then why woudn't they expect of the RF to prostrate itself before them and humbly beg for forgiveness? Then, they could have "forgiven" and "moved on". But since it didn't happen, Janina, Gayle and Omid were sent to the frontlines and the "healing" was left on the backburner, IMO.

I see your point, but I would think most people could recognize that knowingly trashing your family in front of a world wide audience audience, even if you think you are 100% the wronged party and did absolutely nothing wrong ever (ridiculous mindset IMO- but anyway)... youíd still get that your family wonít appreciate being trashed before the world and that doing so is not going to help any reconciliation. I mean....they werenít going to thank Harry and Meghan for that interview. I mean really....Harryís not the brightest person, but he canít be that clueless. I hope.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I see your point, but I would think most people could recognize that knowingly trashing your family in front of a world wide audience audience, even if you think you are 100% the wronged party and did absolutely nothing wrong ever (ridiculous mindset IMO- but anyway)... youíd still get that your family wonít appreciate being trashed before the world and that doing so is not going to help any reconciliation. I mean....they werenít going to thank Harry and Meghan for that interview. I mean really....Harryís not the brightest person, but he canít be that clueless. I hope.
I fear he is... that interview showed a real rift that clearly exists in Harry's mind between him and his family, real anger.. and I dont think that the RF can get over it that easilly.. but I think that Harry just thinks that attacking his father on TV will somehow bring his fahter to his knees and have him ready to help out financially, still....
Old 04-15-2021, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Given that Gayle mentioned that the RF statement and the media weren't focusing on the right things (too busy focused on the racism accusations, imagine that!) and that "no one was talking to Meghan who is the real victim" it seemed that they might actually have expected that the family would fall over themselves to apologise and blame the media for everything and immediately issue statements that they were getting their security paid for and HRH titles for Archie and Daughter.

And one doesn't say one hopes for a reconciliation on air moments after deliberately trashing your family unless you're clueless.

Assuming ANY of the recent leaks about Meghan and the funeral and the Queen are coming from their camp then they either believe what they're saying about being the ones that have the power to grant forgiveness in this time of grief even if they don't regret the interview or they're cynically trying to trying to be part of this international outpouring without giving up their "we were wronged narrative" for later use.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Where do you get Harry is expecting anything financially from his father? He has his own money and deals. And he hasn’t taken a dime from his father in over a year it seems. So this narrative seems odd.

He spoke of what happened during the year they were suppose to be transitioning. They were in “review” yet were “cut” off at the same time. The whole thing was such a bizarre situation but it’s over

They making their own money and paid back what they were given as far as their UK debts like their home.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Do we know if Harry is fully vaccinated? I have not read Californiaís rules so I donít know if he is eligible yet. I agree that a funeral is not the time to mend fences with his father, brother, and extended family members . However, I do hope he will get to spend some time, even if a few hours, with his grandmother who because of her age....you never know. I donít know if the current rules in the UK would allow outside visits with masks. The Queen is fully vaccinated so the risk is less.
Not likely. California just opened it up to 16+ as of today, before that it was 50+.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
IMO, it isn't. But it's amusing to watch the media turn around on this after all of their "Funeral is the perfect time to heal the rift!", "Harry talked to this and that!", "It's up to the Queen to take steps towards reconciliation now". Suddenly, it's all "Harry goes back". They made a mountain out of a molehill.

As far as Iím concerned, itís the perfect time to start laying the groundwork for better relationships. How does anyone know how much time they have on this earth with their loved ones ? This idea, for instance, that Charles has fantastic genes so he may very well live as long as his parents may be true, but itís absolutely no guarantee that he will - we have no idea how long heíll be around. William - heís half is fathers age, but still we donít know how long heís got. Same with the rest of the family. My point is, life is precious - and as weíve seen especially during the pandemic, you never know when the last time will be that you speak to a loved one, say you love them.

Healing is only going to happen over a period of time, but you have to start somewhere...

Quote:
Exactly. Iím pretty sure Charles came to hugely regret talking about his parents in the Dimbleby interview...and apparently Diana regretted the Bashir interview. Lessons could have been learned. Now maybe Harry did that deliberately to hurt his father and brother, much as he loves them....weíll never know, and I wonít assume that. But, giving H the benefit of any doubt, it was still a terrible idea

Closed Thread