The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #521  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:08 PM
Sunnystar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
That is just speculation by Ingrid...but if itís true, then itís disturbing because it means Harry canít see past this one moment in time




https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...mpression=true
This link doesn't seem to work...
__________________

  #522  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:10 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
If by the bolded you mean that I think the concept of racism is worse Ė not than "anything else" but than the Oprah interview Ė then yes, you're right



I could second your argument and say if you want to be outraged on behalf of a bunch of rich celebrities because someone did an interview that hurt them, fine. I'm reserving my outrage for discrimination directed at other people on the basis of their race, sexual orientation, gender orientation or social class
William and George are not celebrities. Theyíre future head of states. Itís extremely dangerous thing to imply heís racist. If i were William, iíd be furious. For someone so concerned about their childís safety Harry and Meghan doesnít seem to care much about Williamís children.
__________________

  #523  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:13 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,753
Not sure why people keep believing Meghanís friends are talking to media via a source. Other than the people interview (when she was a working royal), her friends have spoken their mind openly. They donít hide behind anonymous sources these days and say their opinions with their chest very publicly.

So like it or not (and I donít always agree) but they very much donít hide. So I will always laugh at an anonymous source claiming to be a friend when her friends have made it quite clear they dislike the UK papers and wonít sneeze in their direction and have no issue stating their opinion themselves.

So if not her close group? Who is this? And why would anyone believe someone who clearly not find her inner circle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Actually, I think false accusations of racism might be worse than completely truthful accusations of racism. I know some would disagree with me but I think it's true if for no other reason than the fact that they cast doubt and suspicions on those who aren't guilty of such a heinous thing and because it creates a bit of "boy who cried wolf" situation when someone is actually dealing with the awfulness that is racism.
False accusations are worse than actual racism toward someone? Fascinating. I think both are awful but when people are more offended about the accusation of racism than the act itself, then it shows why those who are personally deal with racism are not taken serious. It is not seen as anything real.
  #524  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:21 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
This link doesn't seem to work...
Try: https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...latest-vn/amp?
  #525  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
False accusations are worse than actual racism toward someone? Fascinating. I think both are awful but when people are more offended about the accusation of racism than the act itself, then it shows why those who are personally deal with racism are not taken serious. It is not seen as anything real.
I didn't say that at all. Or at least that's not how I meant for it to come across. Sometimes walking and typing on my phone at the same time make it difficult to re-read and get my actual point across. I suppose what I meant to say was that publicly airing false accusations of racism against someone is worse than publicly airing legitimate grievances of racism. If the accusations are true beyond doubt or even captured on film or video or in writing where there can be no doubt, then by all means air them and let the person deal with the consequences of their behavior but when the allegations are not beyond doubt and especially when they are demonstrably false, then yes, I do believe that's much worse than airing legitimate grievances. And it's worse for the exact reasons I mentioned with "boy who cried wolf" syndrome and all of the things that come with being under suspicion of something so awful.
  #526  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:26 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,214
As with previous requests, members are asked to avoid debating the issues of racism.
Please stay on topic - further posts on the matter will be deleted.
__________________
JACK
  #527  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 990
Forgive the question because I'm not in the UK and so I'm not completely up on all of the COVID rules there. But, since Harry landed on, I believe Sunday, and it's now Wednesday, would a nurse have come to him for a COVID test? And if they did, would they have done so already or would it be a few days? I only ask because this morning there's starting to be an awful lot of gossip on Twitter discussing the fact that Harry may have broken quarantine rules and may have had a blonde female visitor but there's also some arguing that no one knows for sure who she was but could have been a nurse making a house call or someone else there for a legitimate and acceptable reason. Of course, there's tons of speculation that that's not at all who the person was but we all know what Twitter gossip can be.
  #528  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 2,118
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News April 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post

At the same time, I truly feel that this interview was worse than anything the royal family did to Meghan, even assuming the supposed comment was true. I think it was unproductive, hateful, and served no purpose but to hurt his family. You obviously disagree but that is fine. That is what makes the board interesting.

Agreed. To me- itís also the intent of people involved that matters.

Thing is- no matter what happened- I donít think there was an intent to hurt Harry and Meghan. Using the supposed racist comment as an example- I simply donít believe whatever may or may not have been said was intended to be hurtful. It didnít sound like this was said in a fit of anger. It sounded like a discussion at some point in time. If it happened at all. I suppose you can argue that Iím giving the family the benefit of the doubt, but I donít see why said individual would purposefully set out to hurt Harry with whatever was said for no apparent reason.

This interview was nothing but Harry and Meghan going out of their way to hurt their family IMO. All of them. Every single one got impacted by that racism comment. It was an intentionally, knowingly hurtful act on their parts. This interview did nothing but cause hurt and almost assuredly further fracture relationships.

And while the focus seems to be on mending relationships with Charles and William....Iíd be surprised if those are the only relationships out of sorts at the point.
  #529  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:34 PM
Queen Ester's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
This link doesn't seem to work...
this one works

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-latest-vn/amp
  #530  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 6,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Forgive the question because I'm not in the UK and so I'm not completely up on all of the COVID rules there. But, since Harry landed on, I believe Sunday, and it's now Wednesday, would a nurse have come to him for a COVID test? And if they did, would they have done so already or would it be a few days? I only ask because this morning there's starting to be an awful lot of gossip on Twitter discussing the fact that Harry may have broken quarantine rules and may have had a blonde female visitor but there's also some arguing that no one knows for sure who she was but could have been a nurse making a house call or someone else there for a legitimate and acceptable reason. Of course, there's tons of speculation that that's not at all who the person was but we all know what Twitter gossip can be.
I understood that it is a 5 day quarantine, which would normally mean, he would be tested tomorrow (we have a comparable 'release' program here for expats arriving into the country for essential work).
  #531  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:46 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Forgive the question because I'm not in the UK and so I'm not completely up on all of the COVID rules there. But, since Harry landed on, I believe Sunday, and it's now Wednesday, would a nurse have come to him for a COVID test? And if they did, would they have done so already or would it be a few days? I only ask because this morning there's starting to be an awful lot of gossip on Twitter discussing the fact that Harry may have broken quarantine rules and may have had a blonde female visitor but there's also some arguing that no one knows for sure who she was but could have been a nurse making a house call or someone else there for a legitimate and acceptable reason. Of course, there's tons of speculation that that's not at all who the person was but we all know what Twitter gossip can be.
Could be a figment of someone's imagination. Stuff like this isn't worth repeating. I seriously doubt that Harry would risk not being able to attend his grandfather's funeral by flaunting Covid restriction rules.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #532  
Old 04-14-2021, 03:56 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Could be a figment of someone's imagination. Stuff like this isn't worth repeating. I seriously doubt that Harry would risk not being able to attend his grandfather's funeral by flaunting Covid restriction rules.
Absolutely could be. But then again, if it was time for his COVID test, maybe a nurse would be coming to him rather than him going out or having to make an appointment somewhere. Thatís why I asked about the rules there. Here in the US itís pretty much a free for all with no rules whatsoever. I know the UK is much stricter but I donít really know more than the general gist of the rules there.

That said, if itís not time for his test yet but will be soon, do they do house calls for those or do you have to make an appointment and go out to be tested?
  #533  
Old 04-14-2021, 04:15 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Could be a figment of someone's imagination. Stuff like this isn't worth repeating. I seriously doubt that Harry would risk not being able to attend his grandfather's funeral by flaunting Covid restriction rules.
Considering this silly rumor is claiming the blonde was visiting Nott Cott on KP grounds... what does this have to do with Harry? He is at home in Windsor.
  #534  
Old 04-14-2021, 05:01 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,409
I know this post might be deemed as speculation and a bit late to the conversation. In regards to whether Harry & Meghan knew about Prince Philip's health prior to the filming of Oprah's interview, Nigel Farage stated that a "royal correspondent" from UK's "big broadcaster) told him that the Royal Family and royal correspondent (if that is what the word "we" indicated) allegedly knew that Prince Philip was unlikely going to make it for his 100th birthday. This Fox News interview was done straight after the announcement of Prince Philip's death. Farage himself has uploaded this video on to his channel.

The "royal correspondent", who Farage did not name, said
Quote:
"We all know that [Prince Philip] is on his last leg, he isn't going to make it very long. It's very unlikely that he is going to get to June 10th, which would have been of course his 100th birthday"
Nigel Farage then made a conclusion and possibly an allegation that
Quote:
"So it was well known that Philip only has few weeks to live. And yet, despite that The Queen, who never shown it in public, must have been a state of deep distress, despite all of that, they proceeded to do an interview at which they attacked the older members of the Royal Family. Indeed [they] did their best to threaten the very institution itself. Given that today is the day Philip has died, I won't used the words about Meghan and Harry that I would like to. I'll be gentle and said it is deeply disrespectful."
Video start at 3:01 when the host of Fox News (I don't know about his name) asked Farage a question on Harry & Meghan and ends at 4:41 when Farage finished his response on Harry & Megan
https://youtu.be/Iu9bVb6qAyk?t=181

P.s. I won't be able to respond quickly (or even a reply) for the next 10 hours, as I have work.
  #535  
Old 04-14-2021, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,120
I will not dignify Farages existance by commenting on him.
  #536  
Old 04-14-2021, 05:14 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,011
And on that note perhaps we should move on from discussing the opinions of the extreme-right like Farage, a man who has made a carreer and a fortune out of creating false outrage by spreading lies and slander. Even if he is correct the man can NOT be considered a credible source on anything, including the RF.

But more importantly we should also move away from random 'rumours on twitter' where apparently there are wild accusations going around about blondes visiting Prince Harry in a place he isn't even staying.

You all agreed to our terms of service when you became a member of this forum. Our rules and FAQ clearly state that claims should be backed up by sources. Random anonymous people somewhere on the internet are NOT a credible source.

The TRF Mod. team has no intention in allowing this forum to sink into a parallel universe where hearsay, rumours and malicious gossip become fact. To make sure this does not happen we were sadly forced to suspend an account of a TRF poster today. Hopefully we will not need to do that again.

We therefore urge you all NOT to re-post all kinds of malicious rumours from 'somewhere on the internet'. You can save yourself the trouble as it will be deleted Šnd it will result into firmer measures towards whomever it is who is deliberately spreading misinformation.

If there are any questions about the above feel free to contact me or any of the other British moderators.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #537  
Old 04-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Not sure why people keep believing Meghanís friends are talking to media via a source. Other than the people interview (when she was a working royal), her friends have spoken their mind openly. They donít hide behind anonymous sources these days and say their opinions with their chest very publicly.

So like it or not (and I donít always agree) but they very much donít hide. So I will always laugh at an anonymous source claiming to be a friend when her friends have made it quite clear they dislike the UK papers and wonít sneeze in their direction and have no issue stating their opinion themselves.
The bit about him flying back right after the funeral is the same as a story I posted from Us Weekly yesterday, which I think is an American publication. That's probably where the 'expert' quoted in the Express read about it. They haven't been shy about denying things that they believe are untrue, and even cited the ability to do that as one of their reasons for leaving. But we'll find out soon enough whether these sources were right or not. Either Harry will fly back on Saturday or Sunday, or he'll stay longer.
  #538  
Old 04-14-2021, 06:19 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,753
I mean that’s just common sense. He will either leave over the weekend or stay a few more days. You don’t have to have sources to figure that out. I think most are of that mindset.
  #539  
Old 04-14-2021, 06:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
The bit about him flying back right after the funeral is the same as a story I posted from Us Weekly yesterday, which I think is an American publication. That's probably where the 'expert' quoted in the Express read about it. They haven't been shy about denying things that they believe are untrue, and even cited the ability to do that as one of their reasons for leaving. But we'll find out soon enough whether these sources were right or not. Either Harry will fly back on Saturday or Sunday, or he'll stay longer.
Considering the COVID restrictions currently in place, after the funeral, I don't think he is allowed to visit other relatives' or their residences because he is not in their bubbles. What will he be doing then? Might as well go back.

Also, these "royal experts" writes lots of lies by quoting unnamed "sources".
  #540  
Old 04-14-2021, 08:52 PM
Eskimo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Given his very pregnant wife and small child in Cali why would anyone be surprised that heíd prefer to leave right after the funeral?
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021 Jacknch Current Events Archive 2203 04-06-2021 12:08 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi america archie mountbatten-windsor asia baby names biography british british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style general news thread genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan hereditary grand duchess stťphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs japan jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos king willem-alexander liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise queen victoria royal ancestry royal jewels royalty of taiwan spain thailand thai royal family uae customs unfinished portrait united states welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×