The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who really thinks that the monarchy is going ot be "cancelled"?

That’s a good question! Another is, who wants that to happen? I wrote another paper about public art monuments being attacked on several continents. Queen Victoria and Louis VIIII of France were on the list. There were targets not royal also. What does it mean?

I don’t know either! I’m not assuming that H&M’s “handlers” and their motives are the same, or that they are not. I’m just using what I’ve learned to theorize and analyze. Only H&M know what they think they are trying to do. There is no way for anyone else to know that. We can only observe and interpret according to what our prior experience and life situation indicates to us.

Just a little bit of research into Sunshine Sachs, the Sussex PR company that they use to represent them says more than I could type in a hour. :D

I dont know who their "handlers" are as I think that they have never been willing to take advice....

Good point, better choice of words might be “clients” rather than handlers. Whoever’s tune they have to dance to to get paid. Whoever they are accountable to, if anyone.

A lot of people probably don’t realize that all marketing is a form of social engineering. Marketing is a subset of social engineering.

Good point, better choice of words might be “clients” rather than handlers. Whoever’s tune they have to dance to to get paid. Whoever they are accountable to, if anyone.

A lot of people probably don’t realize that all marketing is a form of social engineering. Marketing is a subset of social engineering.

They're not accountable to anyone.. if you mean Harry and Meghan. They have contracts with Netflix and some other company but these are agreements for them to produce work... They dont have to "dance to anyone's tune"...

I only know about Sunshine Sachs what I’ve read on this forum so far! I’ve also had a PR class so I read it with interest and will read more in the future I’m sure! And yes that’s exactly the kind of thing that is interesting to observe. I’ve learned that is an example of what is called “open source intelligence” or OSINT.

Last edited:
They have contracts with Netflix and some other company but these are agreements for them to produce work... They dont have to "dance to anyone's tune"...

Perhaps not. Only they know how important that contract is to them. And the others.

Perhaps not. Only they know how important that contract is to them. And the others.

They need money, so they need to fulfil the contract. But they are not employees and they have some private fortune. So far, however it looks as if they are producing "anti royal rants" and talking about themselves rather than producing any serious work...

That’s a good question! Another is, who wants that to happen? I wrote another paper about public art monuments being attacked on several continents. Queen Victoria and Louis VIIII of France were on the list. There were targets not royal also. What does it mean?

Mainly that there are some mindless idiots/attention seekers who like to go around vandalising public property.

Controversy always attracts attention. Lady Chatterley's Lover is a very boring book, but it's sold zillions of copies because there was a court case about it. Hardly anyone would have read it if it hadn't been banned. The Da Vinci Code'squite a good read as mystery novels go, but it wouldn't have attracted all that attention and been made into a film if the Vatican hadn't got worked up about it. When I was a kid, BBC radio used to ban any songs considered "rude", and everyone'd rush out to buy the records to see what the fuss was about, even if the songs were rubbish. So, yes, be controversial and attract far more attention than you'd have done otherwise!

They're not accountable to anyone.. if you mean Harry and Meghan. They have contracts with Netflix and some other company but these are agreements for them to produce work... They dont have to "dance to anyone's tune"...

This is true. They don't have any "handlers". They employ Sunshine Sachs as their PR people and obviously count on the reputation that Sunshine Sachs has. This is the company that represented Harvey Weinstein and actually put out a statement stating that they stopped representing him when the allegations against Weinstein came out and they would cooperate fully with the authorities.

Harry's project for Netflix, IMO, is one that will prove to be valuable to educate those that watch it what the importance of the Invictus Games are all about. *This* kind of thing is what I thought the Sussexes would be doing from the beginning of their private lives. Harry's mental health disclosures threw me for a total loop. Gobsmacked me right upside the head. :eek:

This is true. They don't have any "handlers". They employ Sunshine Sachs as their PR people and obviously count on the reputation that Sunshine Sachs has. This is the company that represented Harvey Weinstein and actually put out a statement stating that they stopped representing him when the allegations against Weinstein came out and they would cooperate fully with the authorities.

Harry's project for Netflix, IMO, is one that will prove to be valuable to educate those that watch it what the importance of the Invictus Games are all about. *This* kind of thing is what I thought the Sussexes would be doing from the beginning of their private lives. Harry's mental health disclosures threw me for a total loop. Gobsmacked me right upside the head. :eek:

Sunshine Sachs are just a PR firm. They manage lots of public figures.
As for Harry's Netflix project, do you really think that people are going to watch something about Invictus in the same numbers that they'll watch him on Oprah talking about himself and the RF? I didn't expect the big drama and the attacks that they brought out in Oprah but it was obvious that a worthy doc about his charity wasn't going to set the TV screens alight and that they were going to have to do something more to make money.
They may have intended to do some "good things" for Invictus, by this programme that they're supposed to be doing.. but that's not their big project....

They need money, so they need to fulfil the contract. But they are not employees and they have some private fortune. So far, however it looks as if they are producing "anti royal rants" and talking about themselves rather than producing any serious work...
For them, what they are doing right now might be their serious work. But of course I don’t know. I don’t want to be argumentative or say that I know for sure what is going on. I know that their behavior seems confusing or counterproductive to many people. Based on what I’ve learned about current trends in marketing, behavior that seems to make no sense to observers actually makes a great deal of sense if viewed from other angles. But I don’t know their end goals or motives of course. I only am putting it out there that it’s possible that they are not out of control or confused or in chaos but actually could be working a carefully crafted strategy that could be very effective - it just depends on what the goals are. Which I admit I don’t know.

Sunshine Sachs are just a PR firm. They manage lots of public figures.
As for Harry's Netflix project, do you really think that people are going to watch something about Invictus in the same numbers that they'll watch him on Oprah talking about himself and the RF? I didn't expect the big drama and the attacks that they brought out in Oprah but it was obvious that a worthy doc about his charity wasn't going to set the TV screens alight and that they were going to have to do something more to make money.
They may have intended to do some "good things" for Invictus, by this programme that they're supposed to be doing.. but that's not their big project....

I have to think that Harry's reputation now will be a draw to anything that names "Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex" as being involved with it. Nope, I don't expect the documentary on the Invictus Games to be anywhere near the draw that Harry's sensationalistic bleats about his mental health has had. Sensationalism sells. Informative documentaries, not so much.

To emphasize this point, when you google Harry and Meghan, count the number of tabloid style links that come up in comparison for news articles from reputable media sources. It's an eye opener. ;)

So well said ! All they want is destroy...

To me, it doesn't matter if it was a real diary or a fake diary. I'm talking about the *impact* of the book. "A Million Little Things" is fictional with characters played by actors. It's impact and how they use it to highlight issues and then the actors (portraying themselves) at the end advise the audience how to get help if needed.
This sounds like a great show - I will check it out! Thanks :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom