The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
For one thing, Harry is continually taking pot shots - it wasn’t a one time thing. For another, much of what H says is inaccurate (his father treating him like he was treated, etc..), so we don’t know how far he will go in his efforts to damage his father. He also supports the Crown’s interpretation of Charles as a villain.
It’s difficult to see how even first steps in a process of reconciliation can take place until Harry and Meghan stop publicizing private family issues.

Harry certainly talks enough about how hard he’s fighting for his own privacy, and that of his wife and son. No doubt he would refuse to have contact with any friend or family member who did to him what he’s now doing to his own family. And rightly so - once that sort of trust has been lost it takes a long time to rebuild, and I think that’s especially true for people like members of the BRF, who have had to fight tooth and nail for a basic level of privacy. Right now Harry seems to be more concerned about the privacy of Orlando bloom’s kids than that of his father and brother.

To me it doesn’t even matter if Harry’s anger is justified - if Charles was/is a horrible father with no redeeming qualities whatsoever that’s still something for Harry to address in private. There is no legitimate public interest in any of this and Harry’s revelations benefit no one except Harry and Meghan.

I think many families can get past surprisingly severe issues with effort and the passage of time IF the details and specific complaints are kept within a small circle of people who know the people involved and have the family members’ best interests at heart. Once someone decides to broadcast the issues as widely as possible for their own gain things get more complicated, to put it mildly.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I really wonder how this is going to end.

At present I can't even see how it's going to end, except that it won't be a happy end.

Harry has shown his true colors and he doesn't even realize how bad it makes him look. It's totally surreal!

I used to genuinely like Harry. I don't like the Harry I'm seeing more and more of for each day. I truly don't.

Man, was I suckered!
You are not alone in this my dear Muhler. I was right there with you being suckered. And I, as well, can not see how this is going to end.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I really wonder how this is going to end.

At present I can't even see how it's going to end, except that it won't be a happy end.

Harry has shown his true colors and he doesn't even realize how bad it makes him look. It's totally surreal!

I used to genuinely like Harry. I don't like the Harry I'm seeing more and more of for each day. I truly don't.

Man, was I suckered!
That is exactly my opinion. I also genuinely liked Harry. But nowadays I don't like what I see from Harry.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The Sussexes are shutting down their MWX firm in the UK.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oyal-firm.html

Quote:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now formally shutting down their UK-based Sussex Royal company in another sign that they are severing ties with Britain.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have appointed a voluntary liquidator to wind up the London-based charity, which they renamed MWX Trading in August last year.
Documents filed with Companies House today show that the couple, who now live in a £11million mansion in Montecito, California, have requested to wind up MWX.
They have never revealed what MWX stands for, although suggestions include Markle Windsor or Mountbatten Windsor, referring to their son Archie's name.
On August 5, 2020, the couple officially changed the charity's name from 'Sussex Royal The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex' to MWX Foundation.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:34 PM
Majesty

Could this be part of the evidence that Harry is changing his domicile to the USA instead of the UK? I guess the USA will first need to give him a green card (if he doesn't have one already, not sure how that exactly works when you move as a partner of an American citizen); as he will (at least) remain formally domiciled in the UK as long as he is in the States on a temporary visa.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Could this be part of the evidence that Harry is changing his domicile to the USA instead of the UK? I guess the USA will first need to give him a green card (if he doesn't have one already, not sure how that exactly works when you move as a partner of an American citizen); as he will (at least) remain formally domiciled in the UK as long as he is in the States on a temporary visa.
To me, it seems to be the first step in wrapping up anything they're involved with in the UK. With all the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious mega deals the couple seem to be racking up to their name, there probably won't be the time or the energy to expand on what were their UK interests. Perhaps its for the best. Right now I don't think either one of them would be welcomed warmly anywhere in the UK.

On the issue of domiciles and green cards, I have no idea. I think the biggest clue we can look for though is Harry being replaced as a Counsellor of State in the UK.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To me, it seems to be the first step in wrapping up anything they're involved with in the UK. With all the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious mega deals the couple seem to be racking up to their name, there probably won't be the time or the energy to expand on what were their UK interests. Perhaps its for the best. Right now I don't think either one of them would be welcomed warmly anywhere in the UK.

On the issue of domiciles and green cards, I have no idea. I think the biggest clue we can look for though is Harry being replaced as a Counsellor of State in the UK.
But are they wise to completely cut off things in the UK? I suppose if they wnat to ocme back or need to, Chalres will always welcome them and give them somehwere to live..
Old 05-18-2021, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
But are they wise to completely cut off things in the UK? I suppose if they wnat to ocme back or need to, Chalres will always welcome them and give them somehwere to live..
Right now, I don't think they're capable of thinking about next week let alone down the line into the future. The bright lights on everything golden happening to them is blinding them such that they don't realize that it just may be fool's gold reflecting the light.

What scares me most is the appearance of putting all of one's eggs into one basket. Not much to fall back on anywhere at all.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Which is exactly what I was referring to; whether this counts as evidence that he is no longer domiciled in the UK but fully establishing himself in the USA.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe we are going to get the really big news soon,
Harry a US citizen, letting his titles go ....

I don't think Charles would refuse to help him if all went wrong, he is his Dad though at the moment it's rough times.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

An article in the Telegraph expressing many of the same views in this thread:

Quote:
How ‘bonkers’ that the US First Amendment allows media organisations to capitalise on Prince Harry’s pain and grief – as he himself said on Armchair Expert, a podcast by US actor Dax Shepard, last week. Harry’s pain and grief is, of course, a privately-owned asset from which only Harry himself should be able to profit – indeed, just like his royal title, which he and his wife tried to trademark as their personal brand. If you don’t want to have your pain and grief reported around the world, on the other hand, there is a way of preventing that happening: which is to avoid giving interviews on podcasts and on prime time TV. The reason that tabloids and glossy magazines are able to titillate their readers with Harry’s inner angst is, of course, because he keeps putting it into the public domain himself.

What keeps Princess Alexandra (to pick another random royal) awake, awake at night? What angst did she go through when her father, the Duke of Kent, was killed in a plane crash in 1942, when she was aged six? What morass of feelings did she experience when her daughter, Marina, went off the rails in her teens, when mother and daughter were alleged to have engaged in furious rows? I honestly have no idea, which is perhaps related to the fact she hasn’t signed a deal with Netflix, and indeed doesn’t tend to give interviews at all.
https://archive.ph/Zb7Cp

I'm not sure SR/MWX wrapping up is anything big, it's been inactive and insolvent for a while. They moved everything over to Archewell and other places when they got told they weren't allowed HIHO, so this is just wrapping up loose ends.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
It’s difficult to see how even first steps in a process of reconciliation can take place until Harry and Meghan stop publicizing private family issues.

Harry certainly talks enough about how hard he’s fighting for his own privacy, and that of his wife and son. No doubt he would refuse to have contact with any friend or family member who did to him what he’s now doing to his own family. And rightly so - once that sort of trust has been lost it takes a long time to rebuild, and I think that’s especially true for people like members of the BRF, who have had to fight tooth and nail for a basic level of privacy. Right now Harry seems to be more concerned about the privacy of Orlando bloom’s kids than that of his father and brother.

To me it doesn’t even matter if Harry’s anger is justified - if Charles was/is a horrible father with no redeeming qualities whatsoever that’s still something for Harry to address in private. There is no legitimate public interest in any of this and Harry’s revelations benefit no one except Harry and Meghan.

I think many families can get past surprisingly severe issues with effort and the passage of time IF the details and specific complaints are kept within a small circle of people who know the people involved and have the family members’ best interests at heart. Once someone decides to broadcast the issues as widely as possible for their own gain things get more complicated, to put it mildly.
I agree with all of this, and actually Dan Wootton speaks to this in the below article. I get it’s the Mail, but I do think he raises some good point. This is not meant to compare William and Harry per se, but William wanted to clear the air with his father, who he loves, and in raising his issues with him, I’m sure W gained a greater understanding of his father. If Harry truly wanted to express his concerns and have an honest and good relationship with Charles, he just had to talk to him. Going public does nothing except inflict pain on his pa, and everyone else..He’s feeding the beast.

Quote:
'It is fair to say that, even now, William does privately have conversations about the relationship with his father, which has been strained in the past.

'There was much hurt after his mother's death and both brothers at times found their father's commitment to his work difficult to comprehend.

'Just like Harry, William has learned lessons from his upbringing and ensures he puts his family time first above any other commitment.

'But William also believes continually developing and growing his relationship with his father is critical for the future of the monarchy.

'They now have a lot of mutual respect and he would never even comprehend for one moment speaking publicly in the way Harry has done in the past week.'

In fact, Harry's recent pronouncements during the interview with US star Dax Shepard appear to break an agreement made by the brothers to no longer speak publicly about the loss of their mother.

When both brothers contributed to a high profile ITV documentary about Princess Diana on the 20th anniversary of her death in 2017, William believed they had pledged not to talk about their mother again.

Speaking on behalf of his brother, he said in the documentary: 'We won't be doing this again – we won't speak as openly or publicly about her again, because we feel hopefully this film will provide the other side from close family friends you might not have heard before, from those who knew her best and from those who want to protect her memory, and want to remind people of the person that she was.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iana-risk.html
Old 05-18-2021, 02:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post

I have a feeling that Harry does not want a reconciliation, what will he have left to complain about? or Harry wants reconciliation happening on his terms for publicity, sort of like "see we have won this battle"
Old 05-18-2021, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

I'm not sure SR/MWX wrapping up is anything big, it's been inactive and insolvent for a while. They moved everything over to Archewell and other places when they got told they weren't allowed HIHO, so this is just wrapping up loose ends.
It’s an excellent article. My mind is blown by this..Celebrities are people, too, and of course they have their own personal issues to deal with; being famous doesn’t make you immune from pain. However, as a whole, I seriously doubt people relate to celebrities who live in multi-million follows mansions. What would they know about real suffering ? I mean the kind of suffering that much of the world endures. Much of what Harry says doesn’t make any sense at all

Quote:
Talking about the increasing tendency of celebrities to spew out their inner feelings, he said: “the worse the world gets, the harder it becomes, the more suffering that there is, the more people feel they have something relatable”.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

txs, Heavs.
A very good article.
I have chosen not to support the Sussex and therefore did not listen to the podcast and so far have not read about this detail the journalist pointed out.
Another proof of Harry's poor education and knowledge,
we all live in a complex world and it is certainly sometimes hard to just catch up with the daily news,
but Harry lecturing the world should really try to understand the basics when talking, if he can which I more and more doubt.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April 2021 -

Quote:

The author makes a lot of good points.

I like, in particular, the part about him complaining about being exploited by the media while providing so much information for the media to chew on.

Harry is being very contradictory all over the place. He can’t decide whether he has privacy or not in his new home. I guess it depends on whether his goal is to blast the US media or justify his decision to move (and continually throw Charles under the bus while he’s at it).

Agreed- I think they’re wrapping up loose ends. That’s it.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

thank you for sharing this article. I love that the author included Princess Alexandra, a class act if there ever was one.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

I really don't get what's going on. Some of his comments, like the ones about the US elections, were inappropriate, but smacked of the new kid at school trying to get in with the cool gang by looking as if he shared their interests. Rather silly at Harry's age, but at least understandable. But I can't make any sense of what he's trying to achieve by abusing his own family in public, nor of that "bonkers" gobbledygook.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

It’s been pointed out that in his new video session, Charles has removed all photos except one of he, HM, William and George. I guess it can be asked if he did so so that an absence of Harry photos wouldn’t raise questions. Let’s just say I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
It’s been pointed out that in his new video session, Charles has removed all photos except one of he, HM, William and George. I guess it can be asked if he did so so that an absence of Harry photos wouldn’t raise questions. Let’s just say I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
I would say it is a symbol of continuity of the monarchy. The video was in relation to the queens jubilee, with a photograph of the future of the monarchy in the background. I agree it is not a coincidence but nothing to do with Harry.

Closed Thread