The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:43 AM
Majesty

ELF was involved first with Harry in the Burnaby Blue Foundation (charitable foundation). At that time he was working as an associate at a financial communications firm. He’d previously met Harry when they were both in the Household Cavalry on military duties. He didn’t have anything to do with getting Harry to work with Burnaby Blue.

Nor was ELF around when Harry co-founded Sentabale in Lesotho with Prince Seiso in 2006. He didn’t work at KP as an aide/Private Secretary to Harry until 2012, resigning in 2018 to go on to other work. Harry had plenty of charitable instincts without relying on ELF or anyone else at the Palace.

Indeed, he and William began what was to become today’s Royal Foundation in their early twenties in order to channel donations into charities that vitally interested both of them.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I'm not shocked. This is a man who has thrown hissy fits because of comments people said on social media that he didn't like. This is a man who, with Meghan, froze out the British media in favor of the young-ish, woke-ish media who fawn over him. Harry's right, he has no conception of what genuinely free speech means.

On another note, I saw this recently:

If this goes down, then all the focus and attention will be on his Hollywood friends and not on the veterans..

https://twitter.com/richardaeden/sta...543824384?s=20

He's really incredibly judgmental about choices other people make....he's rather self-centered.

Someone reminded me of a comment Katherine McPhee made awhile back about how her husband is a father figure to Harry........It means a lot more now than it did then.

It seems to me that Harry is good at pretending. If he's as angry at his father as he sounds, with the comments he's made about how Charles has treated him all these years, then he sure as heck put on a good act since he was a kid. There have been reports of strained relations between them, like with Charles and William, but really nothing overly serious....and for the most part, Harry sure hid his anger well. If he could do all that, if he could sound loving when he spoke about his pa, than he could do the same when he went out on his engagements.

Brilliant!

Also.....does Harry remember that he, as an adult, chose to dress up as a NAZI for Halloween? I don't think he's ever expressed sufficient contrition for that - and yes, I'm Jewish, but I'd feel that way regardless. Do people throw that in his face constantly? No, it's kind of been forgotten about because he was so well-loved, but it still happened. What about the mental health of all those who have lost family members in the Holocaust? I thought he said he was going to speak about this.......still hasn't done it, probably won't.
Harry was stupid and clueless wearing that outfit and ignorant. He did apologize and I do believe he was sincere about it. He is not a "Nazi" by any stretch of the imagination. And Lacey in his book, pointed out that William was with Harry when he selected that costume. William could have blocked the passageway to the checkout line to stop Harry. If I were his sibling I would not have hesitated to do that. The theme of the party selected by William was about colonial Africa which was not exactly politically correct. Just saying.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

As far as I could see the trailer did not show any new video scenes of the RF,
but stuff which is widely known for decades.
Though opinions may differ, anybody here who knows the tradition to follow the coffin of a loved one?
I do not want to judge but always thought if Prince Philip really was the one who suggested he only wanted to follow tradition and he himself did this at funerals at very young age, so nothing new or revolutionary. I am sure if Harry expressed his feelings afterwards the RF would have been sensitive about the matter though surely too young to say 'no' when being asked to do it.
Did William ever say something about this?
Txs.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:08 AM
Courtier

william did talk about it as being traumatic and he as he said hid under his "fringe" of hair as he put it.

From a 2017 DM headline:

"I used my fringe as a safety blanket': Prince William reveals he 'hid from thousands of mourners behind his hair' as he walked behind the coffin at Diana's funeral"
Old 05-17-2021, 10:11 AM
Aristocracy

ok, did not know this, txs.
I hope Harry is only going to talk about his experience but fear he will make use of his brothers' too.
We will hear about it.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
How does he know exactly what its like? He hasn't lost his feet or legs...

The people who volounteer to help invalids have a pretty good idea how it is. Harry "walked with the wounded" to the North Pole, helping the invalid veterans to succeed. And you do think he has no idea how it is with such a wound?
Old 05-17-2021, 10:22 AM
Majesty

Harry did Walks With The Wounded for charity to both the North and South Poles in different years, so I believe he knows very well how amputees feel and empathises with them.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
Harry was stupid and clueless wearing that outfit and ignorant. He did apologize and I do believe he was sincere about it. He is not a "Nazi" by any stretch of the imagination. And Lacey in his book, pointed out that William was with Harry when he selected that costume. William could have blocked the passageway to the checkout line to stop Harry. If I were his sibling I would not have hesitated to do that. The theme of the party selected by William was about colonial Africa which was not exactly politically correct. Just saying.

Prince Harry didn't wear the costume to Prince William's birthday as the event took place in January 2005. (William's birthday is in June.)The birthday party was for Harry Meade. As for Prince Harry's costume choice I believe it was in very poor taste however he did apologize. Unfortunately the timing was very poor as it was near the anniversary commemorating the liberation of Auschwitz.

Quote:
According to the Sun, the photograph was taken a week ago when Prince Harry, 20, attended a birthday party in Wiltshire for his friend Harry Meades.
His older brother, Prince William, is also thought to have been present, although he opted for a homemade lion and leopard outfit more in keeping with the party's "native and colonial" theme.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...sandpublishing
Old 05-17-2021, 10:25 AM
Courtier

However, it was also an "African" theme. William wore a Lion King outfit.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes that is true that Harry Meade chose to have a party with the theme of Africa. I'm just sorry that the then twenty year old Prince Harry decided to wear that particular costume. He was an adult and he's ultimately the one responsible for the decision to wear it including the swastika arm band. However he has apologized and hopefully learned from the experience. As for Prince William his 21st birthday party theme was "Out of Africa" and it was selected for his love of the continent and his gap year experiences there.

BBC NEWS | UK | Partying prince turns Windsor wild
Old 05-17-2021, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The people who volounteer to help invalids have a pretty good idea how it is. Harry "walked with the wounded" to the North Pole, helping the invalid veterans to succeed. And you do think he has no idea how it is with such a wound?
There is absolutely no question in my mind that the work Harry has done over the years in regards to supporting and establishing support systems for those that serve in the military and have suffered life changing wounds both physically and mentally has been from the heart and sincere and he's quite passionate about it. This is where he shines. The same with Sentebale. I remember Harry with Daphne Dunne in Australia and there was absolutely nothing phony or "game faced" about that either.

I think my metaphor was taken literally rather than metaphorically. What it was meant to show that sometimes, in life, we rue what we've been handed as something dire, nasty and just not what we pictured life as being. Such as living as a low income person and not being able to afford some of the "wants" in life. Then something happens and you find yourself in an even more dire, nasty situation where what you had before seems like a blessing and you didn't appreciate what you *did* have and only focused on what you didn't have.

There is so much about Harry and his life that has shone through and has made a huge positive effect on the world around him but he's not seeing that right now nor is he focusing on making even more positive changes in the world around him. Right now the focus on Harry is that its being shown how miserable he is, how badly he's been treated and of course, how big, bad and horrible the BRF actually is behind the curtains. Drama sells. It's huge in the entertainment world. It garners the headlines. Marketing pain for gain has been around for a very long time.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

Prince William's birthday party got overshadowed by the "comedy terrorist" gatecrashing.

The Nazi outfit wasn't the only time Harry has been accused of racism or being completely out of touch (such as comparing being a helicopter pilot in a warzone to playing a video game) or flat out badly behaved but in the podcast he blamed his behaviour on his trauma and didn't really take responsibility for it.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

Is it given Harry will be chosen Counsellor of State when Charles becomes King?
Makes no sense after Harry's left and his behaviour towards the crown.
Does it need an act from parliament to exclude him or how does this work?
Txs if some british likes to explain.

sorry, tried to cancel the post and asked my question in a more suitable thread, but it does not seem to have worked
Old 05-17-2021, 10:59 AM
Majesty

There is no appetite from anyone in the Palace to pressure the Sussexes to not use their titles or for them to lose them, according to the Evening Standard. Apparently aides have been hosing down claims that appeared in a particular tabloid on Sunday. (The one Meghan has successfully sued.)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...x=1621252132-2
Old 05-17-2021, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There is no appetite from anyone in the Palace to pressure the Sussexes to not use their titles or for them to lose them, according to the Evening Standard. Apparently aides have been hosing down claims that appeared in a particular tabloid on Sunday. (The one Meghan has successfully sued.)

The only place calling for the Sussexes to lose their titles and styles is in the court of public opinion and 99.5% of that court has no clue what it takes to strip ducal titles to begin with. It's not ever going to happen.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

I just don't understand why they want to keep using them, if Harry says what he means about RF the he being hypocritical, he should not be able to have both ways, keep the titles and say that living in RF is akin to being in a Truman show
Old 05-17-2021, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeas View Post
Is it given Harry will be chosen Counsellor of State when Charles becomes King?
Makes no sense after Harry's left and his behaviour towards the crown.
Does it need an act from parliament to exclude him or how does this work?
Txs if some british likes to explain.

sorry, tried to cancel the post and asked my question in a more suitable thread, but it does not seem to have worked
Moved my response to the same question in a more appropriate thread.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

I have no idea if the DM had any legitimate royal aides quoted for that story - just the day before they had a story about how Charles wanted them to come back and be HIHO, I think it actually suits the BRF for them to keep using them as often as possible.

There's always the question "if you hate "The Institution" so much and find everything about Harry's family toxic and fled to California to raise Archie differently then you do you insist on using them at every turn and why were you so upset at the thought of Archie not being a Prince?"

Because he was born with it isn't really a good enough reason for them to keep using if their main goal is to trash them at every turn. They use the titles publicly more than any other non working royals.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I have no idea if the DM had any legitimate royal aides quoted for that story - just the day before they had a story about how Charles wanted them to come back and be HIHO, I think it actually suits the BRF for them to keep using them as often as possible.

There's always the question "if you hate "The Institution" so much and find everything about Harry's family toxic and fled to California to raise Archie differently then you do you insist on using them at every turn and why were you so upset at the thought of Archie not being a Prince?"

Because he was born with it isn't really a good enough reason for them to keep using if their main goal is to trash them at every turn. They use the titles publicly more than any other non working royals.
I agree, that's what the royal aides said, "the royal aides want them to give up the titles or explain why not"
Old 05-17-2021, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
I just don't understand why they want to keep using them, if Harry says what he means about RF the he being hypocritical, he should not be able to have both ways, keep the titles and say that living in RF is akin to being in a Truman show
It is not a profession, "Duke of Sussex", is hereditary peerage which extends to his son, to Archie's son, etc. In generations to come it will "just" be one of the Dukes in the peerage of the United Kingdom.

Note that Earls, Marquesses, Barons have been convicted for fraud, murder, drugs abuse, corruption, drunk driving, tax evasion, illegal hunting but it seldom led to a repeal of the Letters Patent. After all, Archie and Archie's future heir, would be equally hit by repealing the Letters Patent and all this while Harry has not committed one crime or something...

Closed Thread