The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes one does simply not want to take such calls or to open such letters. And then people very often don't answer the door bell too...

It might look not very adult to avoid the inevitable ... - but it is understandable!

In German we call this "Ostrich tactics" - stick your head into the sand and pretend, nothing is happening...

really? Harry was so upset about the impending death of his grandfather that he felt "I wont take the call"? He knows that he will ahve to prepare to go to London, and self isolate there, to go to his grandfather's funeral.. and he and Meghan just decided they would not answer the phone..and then it wouldn't happen?

I cant imagine that they dont have some staff who have to leave their phones on at night, to deal with emergency calls, even if they are so fast asleep.

You’d think. Is it possible that he didn’t want to accept any phone calls from his family ? I find that hard to believe, but then what explains it? Unless H and M don’t think ahead to possible emergencies.

Last edited by a moderator:

You’d think. Is it possible that he didn’t want to accept any phone calls from his family ? I find that hard to believe, but then what explains it? Unless H and M don’t think ahead to possible emergencies.

well that would be the point of the staff. If Harry didn't want to talk to his family, teh staff can answer the phone and tell him that this is an important call that he has to make to the Embassy/Palace

When Prince Philip was in hospital, there was a lot of talk about Harry being on standby to fly home. There was even talk that he'd deign to cancel the Oprah interview if his grandfather died before it was broadcast - gosh, how jolly considerate of him. OK, it may have looked as if Philip had rallied a bit, but I can't believe that Harry had no idea how ill he was.

This all seems like a storm in a teacup. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. Maybe everyone did just fail to hear the phone ringing - it's hardly unknown for people to sleep through noise - and the family and palace senior staff decided that it was easier to send someone round than to mess about looking for security's staff's phone numbers.

That’s just too boring. It had to be more. Lol! Honestly sometimes the obvious answer is it. It was 3AM. They were sleeping. I could very well see the palace just figuring going in person could be easier than calling repeatedly in the early hours. Sometimes it really is just that simple.

When Prince Philip was in hospital, there was a lot of talk about Harry being on standby to fly home. There was even talk that he'd deign to cancel the Oprah interview if his grandfather died before it was broadcast - gosh, how jolly considerate of him. OK, it may have looked as if Philip had rallied a bit, but I can't believe that Harry had no idea how ill he was.

This all seems like a storm in a teacup. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. Maybe everyone did just fail to hear the phone ringing - it's hardly unknown for people to sleep through noise - and the Palace decided that it was easier to send someone round than to mess about looking for security's staff's phone numbers.

Not when your beloved grandfather is on his deathbed, imho, just indifference

That’s just too boring. It had to be more. Lol! Honestly sometimes the obvious answer is it. It was 3AM. They were sleeping. I could very well see the palace just figuring going in person could be easier than calling repeatedly in the early hours. Sometimes it really is just that simple.

Occam's Razor. In layman's terms, the simplest explanation is usually the best one.

Not when your beloved grandfather is on his deathbed, imho, just indifference

I don't agree. I am sure Harry was very sad about the prospect of his 99 year old grandfather dying but there was absolutely nothing he could do to stop it happening. Philip was 99 years old and was at home in the comfort of his own bed. That has to be the best way to go when your time comes. So why not try and get some sleep without having to worry about being woken up in the middle of the night by a phone call from a relative you are not getting on very well with at the moment who would be likely to screech at you for not being there.

Please, please, can someone explain to him the meaning of the words : privacy and decency ?

Climate change

I don’t think this is the first time Harry has linked climate change to other causes he promotes. He is right, it is all connected. Obviously, climate change is a big stresser, especially if you live in California where fires are more common each year.

The problem is that climate change is a HUGE issue. So, combining two separate and big issues in a small interview is going to muddy the waters, so to speak. The focus is lost, even if the intention is good.

I don't agree. I am sure Harry was very sad about the prospect of his 99 year old grandfather dying but there was absolutely nothing he could do to stop it happening. Philip was 99 years old and was at home in the comfort of his own bed. That has to be the best way to go when your time comes. So why not try and get some sleep without having to worry about being woken up in the middle of the night by a phone call from a relative you are not getting on very well with at the moment who would be likely to screech at you for not being there.

You seriously think that Charles or William, who were deep in mourning, would have yelled at Harry and made this moment about them instead of their father and grandfather? Never mind that they were ok with Harry leaving (though not with how he went about it).

Last edited:
You seriously think that Charles or William, who were deep in mourning, would have yelled at Harry and made this moment about them instead of their father and grandfather? Never mind that they were ok with Harry leaving (though not with how he went about it).

Not Charles, but I wouldn't put it past William and I think he would have been the one to make the call if a family member was going to do it.

This is an open letter to Harry in the Daily Express...this man speaks for me, brilliantly... here are a few excerpts :

The British public at large were absolutely thrilled that you had found someone with whom you clearly share such a unique bond. Your future wife was welcomed with open arms, and on the day of your wedding you had people thronged together lining the streets of Windsor to show their joy at your happiness on your special day.

The weather was similarly glorious to add to the genuine mood of celebration for you and your wife.

In the ensuing years since that wonderful day at St Georges Chapel your popularity in this country has plummeted with the onset of widespread anger and disgust, increasing in intensity each time you decide to air your dirty laundry in public.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/e...han-markle-apple-tv-show-the-me-you-can-t-see

WoW. Just WoW! There were a lot of nails hit on the head with that open letter to Harry and I can say it echoes how I feel also. It's a direct hit to Harry and Meghan and lays things out in plain truth. In black and white print that don't hold any "between the lines" meanings. I sincerely hope the Sussexes read it, absorb it and think honestly on it.

That was not the case at all. Harry was presumably planning to go ot the funeral. That meant coming home and quarantining, it was something he had to organise quickly. So if he got a clal, he was going to have to get up and prepare to go home as fast as possible. Nobody was going "screech at him for not being there" but they were going to say "will you be able to come back? When can you get a flight?" He knew that.

Remember we are in a pandemic.
I think it is highly possible the DoE did not ask for H&M to come and say goodbye.
He was after being released from hospital in a state when every day is a gift but aswell a challenge. Patients then usually concentrate to their closest family, which was the Queen, maybe his children, but most probably not Harry who had been away for months then, maybe DoE even did not remember him, anything is possible I do not want to speculate or start a discussion just saying what is the general behaviour of such patients.

Plus the interview.. and maybe rough times with Charles and W&K, Harry himself was probably not wishing to see any of his family all to soon. And again I doubt Harry& Meghan were really that close to HM and DoE.

To me this does not make a big difference and as William put it: his grandfather just wanted everybody to move an with the job which Harry clearly did NOT.
So any romantic or emotional bonds to his paternal grandparents Harry keeps talking about and relying on to make money is just in his head not in reality, maybe if DoE had been 20 years younger Harry'd never left because Philip'd shown him the way ;-)

I'd imagine that Harry felt he could not go home AND attend the funeral..
Philip was probably very weak...and might have indeed preferred to spend his time with the queen and his children. Too many people would be difficult and tiring. But if that was the case then he knew he was going to have to go hiome for the funeral, so you'd expect him to be ready for the call that he had to go

From what someone - maybe Sophie? - said, although they'd been making video calls, none of the grandchildren had seen him in person, because at that point the UK vaccination programme hadn't reached under 45s. That suggests that, although they knew Philip only had weeks or months rather than years, they didn't know that the end was imminent. I hope so, anyway, because it's awful when things go on for a few days - so distressing for everyone.

But why is it necessary to leak these reports? I can only assume that Harry thinks it makes him look hard done by, but is it necessary to try to exploit his grandfather's death like this?

OMG, I've only watched the last episode halfthrough and it left me shocked ��
So Harry is going to share each detail of what was going on at BP?
Help!
The Oprah interview was nothing compared to what he said Friday night.
I can't believe this.

Sorry , for being bit late here. Did I miss the major ? We are now talking about Philip's farewell, am I the only one startled about the me you can't see?
And again clever that other z-celebrities take over to tell the narratives Harry wants us to believe, Zac Williams speaking about breaking the circle..... whoever wrote these scripts knows what he's doing, respect! Finally Harry chose a real professional for the job.

Am going to watch the rest now, though it's tough.
edit: if the RF reconciles with Harry they are saints!

They (firm) forced the young Harry him to travel until he went burn-out, nobody ever helped him, no one listened to him...
when Meghan had problems again, nobody ever listended...

So all his and Williams efforts for HeadsTogether was just show? William and Kate just actors, liars, hypocrites? Does Harry ever think about what he is saying?
H&M tried 4 years in the RF, did I miss some years, excuse me?

And then: I am never going to be bullied silent again! Watch out RF there is more to come!

I still do not like this show, beside Harry's part, especially Oprah keeps being a strange experience to me, but I am european.

Unfortunately again Harry does not get the truth about his mother, because she was the one who could have protected him from the media intrusion as well as Charles who he did not mention this time. He shares videos of Diana&him and blames only the press. It still does not make an sense at all, but for making money, to me this looks even worse than the "system" he blames for his be childhood ...life until Meghan came, because his parents served the country, H&M just serve themselves, so what?

Disgusting, and he really thinks he can help others? And Oprah says it was his idea and they've been working for years on it? So the whole thing engagement, wedding etc was just kidding the taxpayer?
-speechless-

Last edited:
Isn't this what he said week or more ago? That he was pretty much forced to work so hard for the RF, that the RF wouldn't help him and Meg, that he was worn out wiht his hard work and travelling and didnt like having to mix with people because they were free even though poor and he was trapped in the system??

Isn't this what he said week or more ago? That he was pretty much forced to work so hard for the RF, that the RF wouldn't help him and Meg, that he was worn out wiht his hard work and travelling and didnt like having to mix with people because they were free even though poor and he was trapped in the system??

Friday night in Germany, I was travelling and only watched it today.
Still shocked. Well, if he goes on with this he will need to tell more details and stories about royal life in Britain to entertain a future audience,
because his statements cannot get beyond what he has said in episode 2.

Friday night in Germany, I was travelling and only watched it today.
Still shocked. Well, if he goes on with this he will need to tell more details and stories about royal life in Britain to entertain a future audience,
because his statements cannot get beyond what he has said in episode 2.
:eek::eek:

[...]
For the past year, in a way the Sussexes have been the only game in town for royal watcher.s Most RF's have been restricted in what they can do with the pandemic, no real life visits, less contact with the world, trying to keep going (as we all have) in difficult circumstances. [...]I think they CAN come out with worse stuff, though obviously they will run out of stories of hte dark side of life, in time.
But I think that when people have a little time ot reflect, they will see how much that stuff from Harry about his "burn out" is damaging his reputation. He was seen as a genuinely warm hearted chap, who did care for people and who at his best tthrew himself into the job and genuinely wanted to use his royal position to help those less fortunate. Those remarks about how it wore him out and was so horrible to have to mix with the unfortunates because they were free and he was in a trap.. make him sound really awful..

For the past year, in a way the Sussexes have been the only game in town for royal watcher.s Most RF's have been restricted in what they can do with the pandemic, no real life visits, less contact with the world, trying to keep going (as we all have) in difficult circumstances. The Sussexes obviously have spent the time they were "off line" brewing up all this stuff and preparing to fling it out at the world and to attack H's family. I think they CAN come out with worse stuff, though obviously they will run out of stories of hte dark side of life, in time.
But I think that when people have a little time ot reflect, they will see how much that stuff from Harry about his "burn out" is damaging his reputation. He was seen as a genuinely warm hearted chap, who did care for people and who at his best tthrew himself into the job and genuinely wanted to use his royal position to help those less fortunate. Those remarks about how it wore him out and was so horrible to have to mix with the unfortunates because they were free and he was in a trap.. make him sound really awful..

I totally agree with you, we have less dramatic but somehow similar stuff with Prince Joachim who should be more grateful IMO.

I wonder who this therapist is, he mentions now, if he stills sees her what must she think, no professional would advise him to act like this.
Though it seems to free him to certain scale which is probably all important at the moment.
And of course making money. And him Oprah working on this since 2018 and now broadcasting seems to have opened a valve in him.
So much anger, he repeatedly speaks of his anger, wow, let's hope he finds a balance soon, if not this will most likely cause physical problems, too.

And how shocked Meghan was to look behind the curtain of his families life. Gosh, he says so many bad things, he just can't stop.

I like the idea of speaking out, but Harry seems to be riding the wave, feeling like King of the world, but once the sea calms he'll fall deep down the ocean.
I wonder with what Harry wants to go on in the future. New stories might be rare, because the RF is wary about him and must be! He will drag them all into his dirt if they give him the chance! he proofed now.
But he has many many memories of some 36 years to tell, childhood stories, if the US audience love Diana, why not let them know more of it?

Or will H&M simply stop once they fullfilled their contract with Netflix?
Made enough money?
Live the quiet life to protect their children?
Lead a z-celebrity life with elderly Meghan trying to hide her true age (like so many others at Hollywood), appearing to a few red carpet events?

I know too little about the states, but there are so many celebs I think H&M will soon be boring for the media?

[...]

Do you really think that theey will ever have "enough money"? And if they wanted to "lead a quiet life to protect their children", they had ample chance to do it when they left the UK. Buy a house somewhere rural, life off Diana's fortune, keep away from the press and the TV networks.. and people like Oprah. That wasn't what they wanted. Meghan's told the world that she thought of killing herself when she was having Archie. That's not going to be very nice for him to hear when he's older..

I can't imagine that the police or the embassy leaked the story, so that only leaves the Sussexes.

There's actually been a lot going on this year. The sad news of Prince Philip's death took over every TV channel, Zara and Eugenie have both had babies, and Beatrice is expecting a baby. Royal families in every country have been involved in important work in very difficult times, even if a lot of it's been by video link. It seems a long time ago now, but the Queen's speech last April was a very big moment.

But nastiness and talk of feuds attract attention. That's been going on for over a thousand years.

Do you really think that theey will ever have "enough money"? And if they wanted to "lead a quiet life to protect their children", they had ample chance to do it when they left the UK. Buy a house somewhere rural, life off Diana's fortune, keep away from the press and the TV networks.. and people like Oprah. That wasn't what they wanted. Meghan's told the world that she thought of killing herself when she was having Archie. That's not going to be very nice for him to hear when he's older..

I am really confused still in the aftermath of watching the second episode an hour or two ago.
You are making an important point. I cannot understand why such celebs are thinking so little about their children and the consequences their own behaviour has to them.
And Harry will certainly not break the circle with what he is doing right now,
ok, Archie is out the RF, but all his parents' truths in the media.
And his Mum wanting to kill him by suicide (which if course Harry did not point out, but is a fact) all this comparisons to Diana, Harry is just blind and dumb at a certain level not to get a glimpse out of it.
Harry is just repeating his mothers faults. One cannot play with the press.

And if it all happened in private, this attitude towards his upbringing is poison for his children's mind. One needs to reflect AND reconcile with one's life, then relax and growth both inner and extern is possible.
Bashing his family over and over again is so wrong for everybody.

Harry tries to build a bridge by addressing others with mental health problems saying he knows how they feel when nobody in your family helps you, but I doubt many will feel accepted.
It's too confusing, one day he says William helped him and in this episode some people close to him told him to search for help, the next sentence he again accuses his family, the firm, the system for never listening or helping him for decades! and then again when Meghan struggled....

Maybe this is a symptom of his own psychological desease, I think he suffers more than the expression mental health problem covers or it is only his strong wish to bash his folks again and again no matter if it helps him
or the idea if helping others.

I can't imagine that the police or the embassy leaked the story, so that only leaves the Sussexes.

T.

But it makes the Sussexes look bad. They knew Philip was not long for this world, and yet they turn off their phones, and their staff aren't around to hanld any emergency calls until someone turns up and bangs on their door?

I am really confused still in the aftermath of watching the second episode an hour or two ago.

Maybe this is a symptom of his own psychological desease, I think he suffers more than the expression mental health problem covers or it is only his strong wish to bash his folks again and again no matter if it helps him
or the idea if helping others.

I dont think that he's all that concerned with helping others, its more about getting revenge on his family and making money out of the "sad and dark tales" aspect of his royal life. He knows that worthy stuff about his charities isn't going to bring in the dollars.. and he needs a lot of money. He's started late in life to do "money making" and he has nothing to sell except "sad tales of royal life".
Given how many things he's said that can't be true, its hard to have much respect for him now. He's claimed before that William persuaded him to get help for his depression. now he says that the whole RF were cold all the time to him and gave him no help.. that Charles told him and William that life would be tough for them.. and clearly didn't care how much poor Harry suffered... He claims that the RF didn't' help Meg either, (though he first said that he didn't tell them about M's depression) and that it was MEGHAN who did help him to get into therapy. So a LOT of confused stories there, and only some of them can be true.

It is not uncommon for newspapers who cover areas with high-profile people to routinely check police reports to see if anything comes up involving a name/ address of one of those individuals. I have no idea how the information available to the public works in the area involved here, but it may be that no one leaked this story. TMZ may have been doing a routine check for information (police called to the home of a well-known individual), saw this information, and worked backward to get the details for the story.

And while I agree that it doesn't make Harry look great, it has taken focus away from some of the most incomprehensible and misguided things he has ever uttered on the public stage, to wit, implying that someone in the throes of a suicidal crisis can change their mind simply by the thoughts of the pain it would cause surviving loved ones. (Seriously, if this were the case, no one with loved ones would commit suicide, and what his comments imply for those of us who are survivors of suicide loss is appalling, as if our loved ones weren't able to just take a step back and consider what their loss would mean to us, or perhaps we should have just given them 'a cuddle' to get them past the moment.) This story taking the focus off those comments is a godsend for Harry.

It is not uncommon for newspapers who cover areas with high-profile people to routinely check police reports to see if anything comes up involving a name/ address of one of those in

someone in the throes of a suicidal crisis can change their mind simply by the thoughts of the pain it would cause surviving loved ones. (Seriously, if this were the case, no one with loved ones would commit suicide, and what his comments imply for those of us who are survivors of suicide loss is appalling, as if our loved ones weren't able to just take a step back and consider what their loss would mean to us, or perhaps we should have just given them 'a cuddle' to get them past the moment.) This story taking the focus off those comments is a godsend for Harry.

Diana also claimed that she "threw herself down the stairs" when pregnant with William because she was so depressed. So I think that that story has an ancestor...

This is an open letter to Harry in the Daily Express...this man speaks for me, brilliantly... here are a few excerpts :

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/e...han-markle-apple-tv-show-the-me-you-can-t-see

WOW. This open letter was brilliant. I doubt Harry or Meghan care, but it was an excellent sum up. I could quote many parts, but I particularly liked the end:

“ I could elaborate further on the grossly ill-advised course you have opted to pursue, but until such time as a good hard dose of reality sets in then there seems little point.

As disgusted as I am that I witness a Prince of the Realm from my country disparaging his family in such a disgraceful way, I nonetheless hope and pray that you find genuine peace and happiness one day.

I sincerely hope that you can overcome the demons of your emotional trauma and anger in finding a comfortable balance in your life.

Perhaps you should open your eyes wider, open your mind too and look a little deeper. You might be surprised at what you discover. But just stop with the nonsense of attacking your family.

One last point you might be well advised to take on board, Sir. You and your wife would be nothing and nobody were it not for the fact that you are the grandson of the Queen of England, the son, brother and uncle of future Kings of England.

Self-destruction doesn’t become you, so drop the hard done by rubbish and get a grip. You might just find it eventually pays off in positive ways that you least expected.”

I really liked the author making the following points:

He and Meghan would be nobodies and nothing without the family they have repeatedly attacked. True. Their lifestyle and platforms are completely a result of Harry’s family.

These attacks are indeed “ill advised” IMO. It’s not a good look to repeatedly, publicly attack your family. Especially when you are nothing without them. IDK who is advising them, but playing the victim, not taking responsibility for anything, and telling blatantly false and/or contradictory stories is not smart in the long haul.

I also like the author flat out saying: get a grip. Agreed.

And, certainly, hopefully Harry (and Meghan) will work through their issues. Preferably privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom