The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
People are permitted to travel to/from abroad in order to attend funerals.

The official guidance is that, if self-isolating, you are allowed to go out on compassionate grounds, and that includes attending a funeral of a loved one. In some faiths, notably Judaism and Islam, funerals are held very soon after death, so - if someone had chance to get here from abroad - there wouldn't be time to quarantine, and allowances presumably have to be made for that.

So I don't think Harry would be doing anything wrong.
Well only if no one else is going according to this

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...utside-england

But, hopefully he does the rapid release test to be on the safe side as not everyone involved will have their vaccinations yet. I have a feeling there’ll be criticism what ever way its tackled because its Harry, the Royal Family or cries of exceptionalism

Old 04-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Max Foster stated on CNN that the funeral attendee list will be released on Thursday. I assume they confirmed Harry just due to the circumstances.

Boris also just announced he not attending.

Old 04-10-2021, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Of course the rules are being bent for him. He made the decision to move far away from his family knowing his grandparents are in their 90's.

But I am glad he is attending. I am sure he has a lot of regret based on the last few months and that is the sad part.
Even the great grandchildren in the UK of Philip and the Queen could not see them in person during COVID. There was lockdown, early in 2020 it was not apparent that COVID would be a Huge pandemic worldwide. There were even husbands and wives who saw each other again in person after over a year. It separated many families.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Max Foster stated on CNN that the funeral attendee list will be released on Thursday. I assume they confirmed Harry just due to the circumstances.

Boris also just announced he not attending.
Yes and as I said they will confirm attendees on Tbursdat because there is a rehearsal and the media will see them going in anyway.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:18 PM
Courtier

For all we know, Harry has already arrived in the UK and is quarantining. The announcement from BP came at just after 4am Pacific Time. I assume that Charles probably called as soon as he got the news and woke Harry & Meghan in the middle of the night. I would be shocked if Harry wasn't on a flight east by last night, this morning at the earliest. There are 3-4 non-stop flights from LAX to LHR daily.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Yes and as I said they will confirm attendees on Tbursdat because there is a rehearsal and the media will see them going in anyway.
I don't think the full family attend the funeral rehearsal, it is for the military and to double checks the timings. Maybe one or two will attend to double check the arrangements but it will not be a full family dress rehearsal, in the past when it has been large scale funerals the rehearsals were held early in the morning.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
For all we know, Harry has already arrived in the UK and is quarantining. The announcement from BP came at just after 4am Pacific Time. I assume that Charles probably called as soon as he got the news and woke Harry & Meghan in the middle of the night. I would be shocked if Harry wasn't on a flight east by last night, this morning at the earliest. There are 3-4 non-stop flights from LAX to LHR daily.
Well given the fact that apparently the media are camped out outside his house...I am guessing he has gone already. And may have done earlier this week. Philip didn't just up and die yesterday morning. There was obviously something of a death bed.

Harry could be staying who knows where at the moment. And if he is needed for a rehearsal on Thursday I would say he is already in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I don't think the full family attend the funeral rehearsal, it is for the military and to double checks the timings. Maybe one or two will attend to double check the arrangements but it will not be a full family dress rehearsal, in the past when it has been large scale funerals the rehearsals were held early in the morning.
Well given there is only 30. And some will obviously be doing readings and the like. I would say we will at least see some of them coming and going. There really isn't a need for any kind of military rehearsal for this.

Military rehearsals for things like the Queens funeral happen pretty regularly.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry will attend the funeral. Meghan will not. She was not cleared by her doctors but she apparently wanted to attend. The funeral is Saturday April 17 at 3pm at St. George.

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1380913593718349824
So it seems Meghan is due sooner rather than later if this is anything to go by. Late spring/early summer baby
Old 04-10-2021, 07:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
So it seems Meghan is due sooner rather than later if this is anything to go by. Late spring/early summer baby
Well hopefully not until the 19th of April.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Nobility

I don't believe Harry would have gone if there was a real chance of missing the delivery. Anyway, didn't she say she wasn't due till summer?
Old 04-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
maybe not, she might have high blood pressure. There could be a number of medical reasons,
Old 04-10-2021, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

And a pandemic. To a country that us currently locked down.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:54 PM
Nobility

Or it could be simply a convenient excuse. The strain of a funeral is bad enough for many, let alone a pregnant woman. And although I understand the sidestepping around the Oprah interview right now, let's not pretend that it didn't happen. I imagine that after Meghan's accusations and the "unproductive" conversations that followed, neither party might be eager to see the other right now.

Let's hope there's nothing wrong with Meghan's pregnancy and she's just being cautious. For all the good wishes of "mending the rift", "healing the wounds", etc., I don't believe it's going to happen and I believe that a reunion so soon, for such a grave occasion and under the sharp eyes of cameras is bound to be tense. A good deal of the coverage won't be on the funeral but on any tiny hint displayed of mending the relationship or worsening it anyway. With Meghan there, it would have been a thousand time worse. My guess is that everyone understands it and the doctors' advise might be actually nonexistent.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Courtier

I remember how uncomfortable Zara looked at the Sussex wedding when she was heavily pregnant. Adding travel for Meghan, her being an older mother to be, and risk of COVID and it seems the right decision.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Or it could be simply a convenient excuse. The strain of a funeral is bad enough for many, let alone a pregnant woman. And although I understand the sidestepping around the Oprah interview right now, let's not pretend that it didn't happen. I imagine that after Meghan's accusations and the "unproductive" conversations that followed, neither party might be eager to see the other right now.

Let's hope there's nothing wrong with Meghan's pregnancy and she's just being cautious. For all the good wishes of "mending the rift", "healing the wounds", etc., I don't believe it's going to happen and I believe that a reunion so soon, for such a grave occasion and under the sharp eyes of cameras is bound to be tense. A good deal of the coverage won't be on the funeral but on any tiny hint displayed of mending the relationship or worsening it anyway. With Meghan there, it would have been a thousand time worse. My guess is that everyone understands it and the doctors' advise might be actually nonexistent.
I think it may be best for everyone. I mean realistically there are maybe a handful of occasions ever for her to appear in public with the family. And certainly.at the moment I think it is best for everyone.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I remember how uncomfortable Zara looked at the Sussex wedding when she was heavily pregnant. Adding travel for Meghan, her being an older mother to be, and risk of COVID and it seems the right decision.
Zara and Meghan as the same age, with Meghan being three months younger.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post

A pregnancy after a miscarriage is a risk pregnancy. I don't know why you would think the doctor's advice might be nonexistent.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
A pregnancy after a miscarriage is a risk pregnancy. I don't know why you would think the doctor's advice might be nonexistent.
Surely that is dependent. Say many people miscarry for no reason.

Zara had two.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Because I ascribe to everyone at least a modicum of goodwill to let the day be about Philip and not every movement of Meghan, Harry, Charles, William, etc. in regards to each other.

ETA: In regards to the risk pregnancy, I highly hope they keep it in mind if various publications, including Meghan's beloved Vanityfair, are right in saying that they're planning a home birth.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Zara and Meghan as the same age, with Meghan being three months younger.
Yes, poor Zara she was uncomfortable, but Zara lived in the same country, so there was no very long plane journey involved to attend the ceremony (which might also mean taking an under-two year old along) and there was no Covid in May 2018, with high deaths totals in the US and UK.

Closed Thread