The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Let us not presume to question Harry's grief in connection with the death of his grandfather. To do so is inappropriate and unacceptable.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
In travelling home for the funeral and making it in time (provided it will be in a week's time) by using the Test to Release scheme, what "special travel privileges" would he be given? All British citizens are allowed to enter the UK (this is not a "travel", he wouldn't be vacationing). If you're implying that in entering the country alone, he would be given special treatment, you're making a fuss over nothing because that is his right as a British citizen.

The media is reporting he will travel using a special pass reserved for diplomats where he doesn't have to quarantine. That is what I am objecting to. He gave up his special privileges so he shouldn't get any that any ordinary subject doesn't get.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I honestly donít care if Harry gets to use special privileges in order to go to his grandfatherís funeral....If he were using them for frivolous reasons, that would be a different story, but he only gets one chance to say a final goodbye to Philip.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The media is guessing. None will confirm it because they do not know which many have stated. It is also not needed with the current restrictions. He just needs to arrive in the UK in the coming days to be able to do the 5 days quarantine according to some of the reports. We shall learn soon enough either way.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

People are permitted to travel to/from abroad in order to attend funerals.

The official guidance is that, if self-isolating, you are allowed to go out on compassionate grounds, and that includes attending a funeral of a loved one. In some faiths, notably Judaism and Islam, funerals are held very soon after death, so - if someone had chance to get here from abroad - there wouldn't be time to quarantine, and allowances presumably have to be made for that.

So I don't think Harry would be doing anything wrong.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
The media is reporting he will travel using a special pass reserved for diplomats where he doesn't have to quarantine. That is what I am objecting to. He gave up his special privileges so he shouldn't get any that any ordinary subject doesn't get.
Have anyone actually reported that he will do that? If I recall correctly, DM have been speculating that he could do it but aside from them not exactly being a reliable source, we know absolutely nothing official of his travel plans.

Besides and as others have mentioned, he wouldn't just be perfectly capable of going using the Test to Release scheme (provided he's on his way now), it is also possible for everyone to be exempt from the self-isolation to attend the funeral of a close relative, so he wouldn't be given special treatment (although I agree, it would be safest for him to self-isolate).

Old 04-10-2021, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
It doesnít seem like he would need any special privileges, though. Surely the easiest thing would be for him to just travel while adhering to the guidelines in place for everyone else, especially given the public outcry that would result if he used his position to obtain special treatment when so many people havenít been able to be with their loved ones in similar situations.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry will attend the funeral. Meghan will not. She was not cleared by her doctors but she apparently wanted to attend. The funeral is Saturday April 17 at 3pm at St. George.

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1380913593718349824
Old 04-10-2021, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

For god sake people, give Prince Harry a break. He has lost his beloved grandad. And off course he wants to say goodbye to him.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Iím so glad Harry will be there....and I hope that he, Charles and William will be able to really talk, now that theyíre face to face. Iím sure that none of them want to have any regrets should something unthinkable happen
Old 04-10-2021, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Iím so glad Harry will be there....and I hope that he, Charles and William will be able to really talk, now that theyíre face to face. Iím sure that none of them want to have any regrets should something unthinkable happen
I'm also pleased that Harry will be able to be there with his family at this time of mourning a beloved family patriarch. Its a time for family to come together to mourn, to remember and share all those times they've had together in the past and draw closer to each other. For a time, all animosity and hurt feelings are put on a back burner somewhere because, frankly, they're not so important anymore and the memory of Philip is.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Courtier

I cannot fathom why anyone would begrudge Harry attending his grandfather's funeral. His other grandfather passed away when he was just 7 years old. Philip has been the only grandfather he's known most of his life and the one he truly knew and will always remember. Death is a time for reflection and healing.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm also pleased that Harry will be able to be there with his family at this time of mourning a beloved family patriarch. Its a time for family to come together to mourn, to remember and share all those times they've had together in the past and draw closer to each other. For a time, all animosity and hurt feelings are put on a back burner somewhere because, frankly, they're not so important anymore and the memory of Philip is.
Exactly, couldn't agree more😊
Old 04-10-2021, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree, though Iím not suggesting they rehash whatís already been done to death. For their own sakes, I think this is a perfect time to try and start the healing....at least lay the groundwork. Iím sure Philip would want that.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts speculating on how members of the royal family *might* feel about the Duchess of Sussex' hypothetical attendance of the funeral of her husband's grandfather have been removed.

Nasty posts where posters want to show off that they have no sympathy for the Duke of Sussex over the loss of his grandfather have been removed.

To abuse the death of the Duke of Edinburgh as a tool to further your own agenda in the never-ending (anti- / pro-) Sussex-crusade is in very bad taste. If you have this -bizarre- urge you are advised to log out and only return to TRF if and when that feeling has passed.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry will attend the funeral. Meghan will not. She was not cleared by her doctors but she apparently wanted to attend. The funeral is Saturday April 17 at 3pm at St. George.

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1380913593718349824
Is this Official then? I saw it on a few news sources. No word on whether or not Harry is "fully vaccinated." Or I could have missed it,
Old 04-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Of course the rules are being bent for him. He made the decision to move far away from his family knowing his grandparents are in their 90's.

But I am glad he is attending. I am sure he has a lot of regret based on the last few months and that is the sad part.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
Is this Official then? I saw it on a few news sources. No word on whether or not Harry is "fully vaccinated." Or I could have missed it,
Yes he was the only one confirmed. Because of the situation I assume. No one else was confirmed ut they will be on Thursday as a full rehearsal will take place and I assume the media will get pictures of them going in and out anyway.

Went to Windsor today. Felt I had to. Lovely to be there Also randomly saw Frogmore Cottsge in from me as I was going up from Cambridge Gate I presume the gate house I saw near by is an entrance for lots of homes as it was heavily guarded.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
Do you need to be vaccinated to travel, I thought a covid test was required and quarantine. To be honest there are so many changes then updates I could be wrong as well.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
Of course the rules are being bent for him.
The Royal Family have been very particular during this pandemic to not have any rules bent for them or by them.

Henry can enter the UK and be released from self isolation if he takes a private paid for test (which comes back negative) within the first 5 days. To do so he needs to be in the UK today or tomorrow to make the funeral on Saturday.

There currently isn't a "vaccine" passport travel route between the USA and the U.K. so whether he is vaccinated or not makes little difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Do you need to be vaccinated to travel, I thought a covid test was required and quarantine. To be honest there are so many changes then updates I could be wrong as well.
You do not need to be vaccinated to travel, nor is there a vaccine passport acceptance that removes Henry from quarantining.

He can only be released early from quarantining if he does "test and release" for which he must test negative. I will be ashamed if Henry is immediately able to be with his family, because regardless of the situation hundreds of thousands have been unable to be with their relatives in such traumatic times in the past year and they were in the united kingdom.