The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As has sometimes been inferred with Beatrice and Eugenie, both things can be true. Someone in a software company could be qualified to the eyeballs but lose out to a Princess with a well known name and links to the BRF. Both things are regarded as valuable. And if BetterUp gains an enthusiastic team member with name recognition that is a win win situation for them.

I think we may be overlooking something here when it comes to Harry and his new positions with companies. Archewell. That's a connection that companies like to be able to say they're affiliated with and foundations thrive on the support of corporations. It all fits together. Somehow, someway, Archewell may be involved in an incentive to fight disinformation.

So all things may tie together. I'm not saying this is so but, to me, it's possible that this is what we'll see going down the road.

As has sometimes been inferred with Beatrice and Eugenie, both things can be true. Someone in a software company could be qualified to the eyeballs but lose out to a Princess with a well known name and links to the BRF. Both things are regarded as valuable. And if BetterUp gains an enthusiastic team member with name recognition that is a win win situation for them.

Just because this career move of Harry's is a 100% name recognition, there is no need to drag the girls into it. Nothing wrong with what Harry is doing. You have 5o use what you have and I don't know what he could do. He isn't educated and, as far as we know, shows no creative talent.

As for Beatrice and Eugenie. Beatrice has a degree. Lots of people don't work in their degree area. She also did loads of internships at fancy companies for a good bit. Pervue of the wealthy being able to gain experience that way.

Eugenie has always worked in her area.

Therefore really jobs like the girls have. They are qualified...But you know their connections didn't hurt.

Harry has no qualifications. The job is name recognition but why not. It isn't an embarrassing role or job.

It is a PR / promotion job. Companies hire celebrities for that, especially in America.

Last edited:
I think we may be overlooking something here when it comes to Harry and his new positions with companies. Archewell. That's a connection that companies like to be able to say they're affiliated with and foundations thrive on the support of corporations. It all fits together. Somehow, someway, Archewell may be involved in an incentive to fight disinformation.

So all things may tie together. I'm not saying this is so but, to me, it's possible that this is what we'll see going down the road.

|Why doesn't he just concentrate on making money, and leave off the attempts to be "doing good" and relevant and so on? he has to earn a living.. there's nothing wrong in that.. and when you are starting at his age and need a LOT of money, its quite hard to make a start and work enough to bring in the money. I always thought that when he got into the "real world" he would find it a LOT harder than he imagined, to get the money rolling in.. if he wasn't prepared to liv on the fortune he already had. And I think that he HAS found it a lot more difficult and barely knows where to start or realises how much he'll have to do to bring in the dollars.

If he wants to "do good", do it as a spare time activity.. Write a cheque for a charity, donate things to auctions, do a marathon.. but the truth is he left to earn a living. He has a large house to pay for and he needs the shekels.. so find some commercial job, where his name will get him noticed and he'll be paid.....and don't mix it all up with charity work

Last edited:

Archwell is a nothing foundation at the moment. With a big words website, a couple of donations and a podcast. I mean it hasn't done anything. Although I see these jobs as an indication that Archewell isn't going to be doing much but donating money and making stuff.

What connection? What Archewell? What have Harry and Meghan done with this foundation except for putting up a website and having a famous employee leave? Right now, Archewell is a startup charity created by two people who have made it clear that they are desperate for cash and nothing more. It isn't a big name that's going to get loads of good publicity.

That’s a prediction about a foundation that has only just been set up. Nobody and that includes all posters here knows what Archewell will achieve in the future.

Last edited:
Strictly speaking, although Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses, they have still kept the York appellation, whereas if they really wanted to drop their links to royalty they wouldn?t be ?of York? at all, but would be Mrs Brooksbank and Mrs Mapelli Mozzi.

But any criticism will do where Harry?s concerned, won?t it? After all, Harry has gone around since boyhood insisting on his royal titles being used in all circumstances hasnt he? When he was at the Travelyst conference last year he said ?Just call me Harry? and was mocked in the media for that. So what does the media want?

The fact is that since they left GB Harry and Meghan have signed mult-million deals with Netflix and Spotify, and bought their own house in California. Harry has just got himself two good paid jobs with large multi-billion mental health operations. All in a little over a year.

And it?s still not enough for the British media and Sussex detractors who work themselves up into a lather because this couple are succeeding in the US and moving on. The attitude seems to be ?Oh No! These two can?t possibly be successes in the US. They?ve got to be crying and grovelling and begging to come back to the royal round and the UK, otherwise we are going to be proved wrong!? ‘

Well, I’m not among that number. I think that Harry and Meghan have done spectacularly well in establishing themselves in California and I wish them all the best in their endeavours in the future.

Absolutely agree. They are doing what the rest of the continental European Royal Families are doing - if you're not the heir, and thus a "career" is already paved, you need to find your own path.

If the British media had not propagated the hate toward them, and the BRF actually put their foot down, stood up for both Catherine and Meghan and had proper Rules of Engagement drafted between them and the media - like so many other Royal Household, Harry and Meghan would have not felt so compelled to leave the UK and conducted the interview.

Harry and Meghan are doing exactly what they said - moving on. It's time the media do the same

(Re: Harry's bosses say he says to call him Harry at work)

It would be quite shocking if Harry went by his titles at the office. He works in America now. We do not have a peerage, so no one is going to address him as "Your Grace". And especially in that type of office, it would be really unbelievable if Harry wanted to be addressed by anything other than Harry. And I really cannot imagine a scenario in which Harry would be able to demand that clients call him anything but Harry.

I don't personally care if he uses his title, but he absolutely had to approve his own bio on the company's website. So he must personally be okay with what the wording was ("Duke of Sussex").

I'm sorry, but I've worked in that industry. Harry's bio wasn't put out for the world to see without his explicit approval first. I'm neutral on including his Dukedom in his bio, but this wasn't against his wishes.

I think what people took issue with was the idea that Charles (or whoever) would want to change the LP for the grandchild(ren) of mixed racial background. They have every right to do whatever they want but you have to admit if that had occurred many would have questioned why...

I guess if could still happen and they can still explain why they don't want Archie and his sister to be a prince and princess once Charles becomes King.

IMO, the only way this particular LP’s are issued if either there’s a massive public outcry and demand for it or Parliament demands or— and those will only happen in reaction to something H&M do that is extremely damaging to the UK.

Third Lifetime film to be made of the Harry and Meghan story. Casting already underway.

Escaping the Palace, per Lifetime, will "reveal what really happened inside the palace that drove Harry and Meghan to leave everything behind in order to make a future for themselves and their son Archie."

Oh, good. I'm so glad Lifetime will be clearing it all up for us.

Reactions: Fem
(Re: Harry's bosses say he says to call him Harry at work)

It would be quite shocking if Harry went by his titles at the office. He works in America now. We do not have a peerage, so no one is going to address him as "Your Grace". And especially in that type of office, it would be really unbelievable if Harry wanted to be addressed by anything other than Harry. And I really cannot imagine a scenario in which Harry would be able to demand that clients call him anything but Harry.

I don't personally care if he uses his title, but he absolutely had to approve his own bio on the company's website. So he must personally be okay with what the wording was ("Duke of Sussex").

I'm sorry, but I've worked in that industry. Harry's bio wasn't put out for the world to see without his explicit approval first. I'm neutral on including his Dukedom in his bio, but this wasn't against his wishes.

My first thought was: of course, he tells people to call him Harry at the office. I’m not giving him credit on that. I fully expected that.

Doesn’t change that those titles seem to be quite important to him and Meghan to have and be able to use as needed.

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

Oh, good. I'm so glad Lifetime will be clearing it all up for us.

Lol- indeed. Translation: sounds it’ll be a one-sided fictional account of what happened.

Actually BetterUp is a for profit business, although it seems to be working hard to disguise this fact in all the recent publicity.

Basically getting corporations to pay for an app to improve employee performance with some sort of mini CBT techniques.

I also find it interesting that Harry's titles are used A LOT on his employee page:

https://www.betterup.com/en-us/resources/blog/prince-harry-chief-impact-officer

Whereas Princess Beatrice is simply referred to as "Beatrice York" on Afiniti's website:

https://afiniti.com/team/beatrice-york
Heavs, thanks for sharing this article. I honestly do not believe that Harry himself wrote his “mission” statement - sorry, but I’d be surprised if he wrote that well. This sounds like a business that just wants him on their board, a famous person who endorses them, so that their app will have more publicity and sell. They certainly used his titles - he was not just Harry,

Almost all films on any royals have a large fictional component. I’d bet if we knew what most royals are really like in private it would shatter many illusions..

I think that if you watch US TV it sometimes seems as if Americans can get married anywhere, anytime.. and make up their own ceremoneies... so I suppose that some UK people are thinking that perhaps she DIDNT realise that a wedding in the backyard with no witnesses could be not be a legal wedding...However I've seen posts commeting on the story from Americans who all say that in the US you also need 2 witnesses and that she must have known better...so yes, I think she does look pretty stupid.. or brazen. She must have known what she was saying about all sorts of things in the interview were not true and she just went ahead and siad them
She’s been married before herself. She knows that you have to sign the marriage certificate and have two witnesses sign it as well in the US.

Almost all films on any royals have a large fictional component. I’d bet if we knew what most royals are really like in private it would shatter many illusions..

Which is exactly why this claim of "telling what really happened" is both ludicrous and full of chutzpah? Not to mention a blatant side of lies, not just fictionalization.

Which is exactly why this claim of "telling what really happened" is both ludicrous and full of chutzpah? Not to mention a blatant side of lies, not just fictionalization.

If there was no interest in Harry and Meghan telling their side of things then Oprah wouldn’t have been pursuing Meghan to do just that for nearly three years. And huge audiences watched the interview around the world. I enjoyed seeing it.

Last edited:
Please note that all speculative posts have been deleted.

I also find it interesting that Harry's titles are used A LOT on his employee page:

https://www.betterup.com/en-us/resources/blog/prince-harry-chief-impact-officer

Whereas Princess Beatrice is simply referred to as "Beatrice York" on Afiniti's website:

https://afiniti.com/team/beatrice-york
Well, I think the circumstances of Beatrice/Eugenie employments were quite different than Harry's :lol: They both know the field in which they're operating, they both have higher education, they are not angry at the BRF for "taking away" their security. They did what was expected of them, while having some hard times in the media, they always behaved with a dignity and respect to the crown and country.
You sure? I think many would question why it would start with Archie. There is a reason why many reacted the way they did. Right or wrong, it is a valid question.
Looking at Queen's grandchildren, just for a second, and ignoring Harry and William (direct line of succession) the two other people with HRHs are Beatrice and Eugenie. And we know it costed them a world of hurt.
So no, I would not say it is going to "start with Archie" at all :flowers:

Beatrice and Eugenie having HRHs has nothing to do with Harry or his children at all. I don’t think either has been exactly hurt by having them, though it’s been said that Eugenie wasn’t keen on being addressed as a Princess when she was out with friends. They weren’t in the direct line when either was born and I’d say it had more to do with Andrew wanting his daughters to be ‘princesses of the blood’ than anything else.

If there was no interest in Harry and Meghan telling their side of things then Oprah wouldn’t have been pursuing Meghan to do just that for nearly three years. And huge audiences watched the interview around the world. I enjoyed seeing it.

I'm not sure what this movie has to do with the interview, at all. Would you care to clarify?

I wrote two posts about the proposed movie upthread. This was your reply to my second post.

I read several articles about them not taking money for the interview. Since they had 17 million veiwers they proved themselves bankable. This will help them get more jobs.

Meghan has donated £10,000 to UK charity @Wearehimmah, a Nottingham community project which donates food parcels and serves meals across the Nottingham area. The project helps tackle poverty, racism and social exclusion.

Ah yes, she has been involved with that charity for a while, i remember reading up on them the first time she made a donation, i really like the way they combine their activities of cooking together and helping others with foodparcels

Third Lifetime film to be made of the Harry and Meghan story. Casting already underway.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/third-harry-meghan-movie-in-works-lifetime

I'm not really sure if the have anything to do with this movie (so if it should be in a 'general news' thread), but knowing them, they'd sue if they didn't like it, so okay..

Sorry to see they haven't really moved on then, and are still set on publishing negativity about his family (no matter who is 'right' or 'wrong', they are the ones dragging everything up again and again)
That's too bad, with Harry's new appointments and Meghan's continued charity endeavours i had hoped they had moved on
Still waiting for that 'Compassion'..

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sussexes don’t have anything to do with the making of this movie, so they aren’t dragging anything ‘negative up again’. The making of the film by Lifetime is verifiable news about the Sussexes though.

Beatrice and Eugenie having HRHs has nothing to do with Harry or his children at all. I don’t think either has been exactly hurt by having them, though it’s been said that Eugenie wasn’t keen on being addressed as a Princess when she was out with friends. They weren’t in the direct line when either was born and I’d say it had more to do with Andrew wanting his daughters to be ‘princesses of the blood’ than anything else.

It was what was done at the time they were born. Things changed a lot between then and almost 15 years later when Louise was born.

If that is true of them then it is equally true of Archie and sister. Not in direct line and no reason to have it. Which makes Meghans fuss look like Andrew's later fuss...about their position. Her saying they shouldn't be different from the other grandchildren. But they should. Their parent nor their sibling will be monarch. It isn't about equality. And I doubt when Charles becomes King there will be any appetite for another Prince and Princess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom