The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that Meghan really got a rough ride from the media when she was pregnant and it seemed to me she couldn't do a thing right. Strangely, the tour of the South Pacific was a roaring success and it was almost as if when they came home they were public enemy number one. In point of fact, a personal invitation from HM for them to visit her at Sandringham. Upon their return a connuniqueywas from HM's Personal Secretary awaited them cancelling the invitation. No explanation was given.

It didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't unless, the raging success upset the senior royals and their minions. They were the number three couple and, instead of being able to fulfill the potential HM saw for them when she made them Commonwealth Youth Ambassadors (a position they had shown they were ideally equipped for) a steady drop of poison started to appear in the rags. It didn't just happen, someone made it happen.

18 months after the wedding we hear about Meghan making Kate cry, Meghan said she was he one crying. There was no comment or rebuttal from the palace BUT suddenly I am reading from "sources close to the Cambridge's" that Meghan slammed the door in of Nott Cott in Catherine's face when she took her flowers to apologize. Say what?

I have ways loved my Royal Family, but not so any more.

I have to admit that Meghan really got a rough ride from the media when she was pregnant and it seemed to me she couldn't do a thing right. Strangely, the tour of the South Pacific was a roaring success and it was almost as if when they came home they were public enemy number one. In point of fact, a personal invitation from HM for them to visit her at Sandringham. Upon their return a connuniqueywas from HM's Personal Secretary awaited them cancelling the invitation. No explanation was given.

It didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't unless, the raging success upset the senior royals and their minions. They were the number three couple and, instead of being able to fulfill the potential HM saw for them when she made them Commonwealth Youth Ambassadors (a position they had shown they were ideally equipped for) a steady drop of poison started to appear in the rags. It didn't just happen, someone made it happen.

18 months after the wedding we hear about Meghan making Kate cry, Meghan said she was he one crying. There was no comment or rebuttal from the palace BUT suddenly I am reading from "sources close to the Cambridge's" that Meghan slammed the door in of Nott Cott in Catherine's face when she took her flowers to apologize. Say what?

Interesting enough that was my impression as well. I see so many points why things happened as they did but still I think they should not have given "that" interview to Oprah. Maybe giving one but not like that. Especially as I don't think the queen, William and Catherine and Charles are racist at all. Camilla may have been raised to be racist (remember the Golliwog?) but surely she knows now to drag it back inside of her if she is confronted with a situation where you could be racist but could chose not to be.

Forget Puschy, the Nazi's daughter. But don't forget the establishment working in the palace, that you, Marg, called the minions.

And still I think Meghan and Harry have as yet so many chances that they need not bite back so hard. Revenge is a dish best eaten cold, but they appeared to be quite heated up after that interview. Sad thing, that!

Harry is really keeping busy these days. The latest thing now is that Harry is joining the Aspen Institute's new Commission on Information Disorder as a commissioner.

"Harry, 14 other commissioners and three co-chairs will conduct a six-month study on the state of American misinformation and disinformation.

Journalist Katie Couric, Color of Change president Rashad Robinson and Chris Krebs, the former director of the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, are the co-chairs.

"This information crisis undermines confidence in our democratic institutions and strikes right at the foundation of society," Krebs said in a statement."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/24/medi...commission-on-information-disorder/index.html

On my way into work, the radio DJ mentioned Harry has a job. Lol This “news” is everywhere, whether you’re looking for it or not.

. Camilla may have been raised to be racist (remember the Golliwog?) but surely she knows now to drag it back inside of her if she is confronted !

Golliwogs were used as symbols on jam jars until about 20 years ago. Golliwog toys were very popular until the 1970s or 1980s. They were not seen as being racist. There was even an American rock band called "The Golliwogs" at one time. It wasn't very wise of Camilla still to have one - was it on her keyring? - in the 21st century, after views had changed, but it hardly means that she was "raised to be racist".

I wish the media could get past this "who made whom cry" thing. It sounds like two teenagers having a spat on the school bus!

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

Harry is really keeping busy these days. The latest thing now is that Harry is joining the Aspen Institute's new Commission on Information Disorder as a commissioner.

"Harry, 14 other commissioners and three co-chairs will conduct a six-month study on the state of American misinformation and disinformation.

Journalist Katie Couric, Color of Change president Rashad Robinson and Chris Krebs, the former director of the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, are the co-chairs.

"This information crisis undermines confidence in our democratic institutions and strikes right at the foundation of society," Krebs said in a statement."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/24/medi...commission-on-information-disorder/index.html

IA- this is a serious issue.

Not sure I’m thrilled that Harry is involved in American disinformation. Really? He’s been here maybe a year....

Also....he just gave an interview full of misinformation....Pretty irresponsible of him. Especially if he’s joining a study on disinformation and misinformation. He and his wife contributed to the problem.

Last edited:
Esp Harry and Meghan are indeed the King and Queen of Alternative facts and seem to live the saying “I reject your reality and substitute my own”

Should be interesting to put it nicely.

Why would Harry be involved with such a commission when he is a UK citizen and member of a foreign Royal Family?

I sincerely hope that Harry's new job works out well for him. If in fact he does have a slight mental or emotional disorder, this job will give him confidence to be the independent head of his small family. I wish him well and hope that he realizes that brilliant changes don't happen over night. We all had to work hard for our living except for those that were born lucky. To me it seems that Harry will benefit greatly from a proper job without relying on family handouts. He has stated that the Royal lifestyle was not for him and wants total independence even though he still admires his Queen. I truly hope his gets his wish and settles down to the life he desires. JMO

Why would Harry be involved with such a commission when he is a UK citizen and member of a foreign Royal Family?

just another joke. but isn't america the land where dreams come true LOL
Trump and his fakenews, now Harry and disinformation-both will work out I suppose. I think for the two the US is really the best and maybe only place they can live with all their drama, lies and throwing close ones under the bus.
Thanks God the UK got rid of them.:D

Harry joining a commission on US disinformation despite only being there for a year........Hmm.

They have been victims of it but have now admitted to throwing completely unfact checked disinformation out there for sensationalist reasons and had a *tabloid* of all things proved that. Among the many other things many media outlets fact checked from their interview. I think we were up to about 12 things factually proven false.

I hope being a "Silicon Valley Contact Officer" for an app is a positive step forward but I'm not sure it's going to be an eye opener in terms of work for him.

Mr. Robichaux declined to comment on how Prince Harry would be compensated and didn’t share details of his employment agreement, saying that he would be joining the company’s leadership team as an “officer of the corporation.” Prince Harry won’t manage employees or have direct reports, but he is likely to spend some time in the company’s San Francisco headquarters once it is safe to do so, and to participate in all-hands meetings, Mr. Robichaux said. He is also expected to appear at special company events.

But we'll see.

Last edited:
Nobody cares to make them actually follow rules? They think rules don’t apply to them? Take your pick.

I'm glad that Harry got a new job(s), I hope they can built the life they wish for themselves and especially the kids.
I do agree that there is a dark irony in him working against misinformation after the interwiev that contained many misleading claims (intentional or not I don't Know) but still happy for him and them

Meghan did show that she understood the George V LP which stipulates that her children would become HRH Prince/ss when Charles ascends, but then she was told that new LPs will be issued and her children would not get the HRH Prince/ss styling. She expressed that she thought that it was unfair that King Charles would have some children who are HRH Prince/ss (the Cambridge line) and some who are not (the Sussex line), overlooking the fact that not all monarch granchildren are automatically HRH Prince/ss, just the male line, but she conveniently left out that her children getting the HRH Prince/ss styling under the George V styling is based on gender bias.

To me what was interesting about that exchange is that Meghan goes back and forth between current times and future times. It seems what she really wanted was for her and Harry's children to be HRH Prince/ss at birth, like the Cambridge children, and justified her desire by disingenuously claiming that with the HRH Prince/ss title and styling came security which of course is easily proven as false given that there are HRH Princes and Princesses who do not have security.

I agree. And I’m still a bit mind blown at the “it’s not their right to take it away” comment. Actually, it is their right. It is 100% the right of the monarch to issue new LPs whenever he or she believes it is necessary. I still go back to the idea that for someone with such obvious disdain for this entire family and way of life, she sure does seem to desperately cling to those titles. That much became clear in their statement about Harry and Archie always being royal and at this point it’s almost become a joke.

This didn’t happen after the South Pacific tour. This happened upon their return from Canada after their little break at the end of 2019. That’s when they were invited to meet with HM with the visit then cancelled without explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they will try to make hay of the fact that their daughter will not get the traditional Christening ceremony.. no sweet photos in the hand made gown or photos with the Queen for this one. I don’t think they give a fig about the ceremony or it’s meaning of course but the optics and press are gold to them.

Why couldn't their new daughter be Christened similarly to her brother?
Assuming that the family dynamics were back on a friendly track by then, Harry might choose to bring her back to Britain for the ceremony.

Yeah Anything could happen but the likelihood is realistically nil.

Esp Harry and Meghan are indeed the King and Queen of Alternative facts and seem to live the saying “I reject your reality and substitute my own”

Should be interesting to put it nicely.
The irony is strong these last few days for sure. Harry "I was ashamed to ask for help for my pregnant wife when she was suicidal" as a Chief Impact Officer in mental health startup and "my truth and real truth are far away from each other right now" as a Commissioner in Commission on Information Disorder. It's so laughable that I don't think even the tabloids could come up with that :lol:

I wonder if they will try to make hay of the fact that their daughter will not get the traditional Christening ceremony.. no sweet photos in the hand made gown or photos with the Queen for this one. I don’t think they give a fig about the ceremony or it’s meaning of course but the optics and press are gold to them.

Well they were adamant they wanted absolutely no details of the ceremony released last time so if they start complaining about not being able to use the Lily Font (because they're in California and it's a priceless part of the Royal Collection) among other things then they'll be inadvertently spilling details about it 2 years later, even though some were easy to guess.

All we had were the pictures of the family after the ceremony.

If they were in the UK or if there was no coronavirus then I'm sure they could have the same royal touches as Archie despite everything but if it doesn't happen it's because it can't be helped.

They might wait until they're back in the UK (baby Christenings don't have to be on a set schedule) they might have one at an Episcopal Church in California (which isn't *quite* the CofE) or just might not have one. We'll wait and see.

I agree. And I’m still a bit mind blown at the “it’s not their right to take it away” comment. Actually, it is their right. It is 100% the right of the monarch to issue new LPs whenever he or she believes it is necessary. I still go back to the idea that for someone with such obvious disdain for this entire family and way of life, she sure does seem to desperately cling to those titles. That much became clear in their statement about Harry and Archie always being royal and at this point it’s almost become a joke.
I think it all comes from not understanding what monarchy is and how monarchy works by Meghan. She talkes about "convention" by George V or VI, as if he was not in the exact same position as HMQ - the monarch. And as a person in the same position, can issue LPs to change that rule if it's needed - and it's needed, not at all based on who Harry married, but on the perception of monarchy in the UK. We don't need so many HRHs in next generation.

Of course she desperately clings to the titles - this is their brand now, this is how they're not the same as your run-of-the-mill celebrity in LA, they are royal. This is how they earn money, this is how they get plush jobs which won't require them doing anything, this is the foundation on which they're building their brand.

That is a very interesting observation. However, I wonder if the change in the media coverage was due to Meghan's behavior. Valentine Low, a Times reporter, said he saw Meghan visibly angry with her staff. If the reporters were hearing staff complaints and witnessing confrontations, that may have changed their perceptions of her, which would be reflected in her media coverage.

Moreover, it is just a fact of life that conflict sells. The tabloids have tried to create feuds between the royals for years, particularly the women, i.e. Diana versus Fergie.

With respect to why we are suddenly hearing the story of Meghan supposedly slamming the door in Catherine's face is because Meghan insisted on publicly discussing her side of the story. We have to keep in mind that often, these "sources close to whomever" are often invented and no one from the palace is talking.

Why couldn't their new daughter be Christened similarly to her brother?
Assuming that the family dynamics were back on a friendly track by then, Harry might choose to bring her back to Britain for the ceremony.

I'm not sure that the family dynamics would have to be "friendly" for the christening. I can't imagine the Queen refusing to handle the new baby's christening any differently than the other great-grandchildren. The family would not take out their differences with Harry and Meghan on the children.

I agree, US Royal Watcher.

By friendly I meant friendly enough to communicate respectfully. It is a family owned gown etc. and they may wish to use family rooms and invite some family which would be hard to do if there were no resurrection of trust.
It could also be tricky if family were to attend Girl Sussex's Christening but not feel free to speak due to mistrust.

I think it all comes from not understanding what monarchy is and how monarchy works by Meghan. She talkes about "convention" by George V or VI, as if he was not in the exact same position as HMQ - the monarch. And as a person in the same position, can issue LPs to change that rule if it's needed - and it's needed, not at all based on who Harry married, but on the perception of monarchy in the UK. We don't need so many HRHs in next generation.
Actually, I think it comes from deliberately misrepresenting how monarchy works to the US public which is really clueless. To me, the interview proved that Meghan was less smart and more malicious than I thought before but she isn't this stupid as not to know what her meal ticket includes. It's just like "the Queen doesn't get to decide who is royal and who isn't!" I refuse to believe that she didn't study this part. But since she was playing up to an audience which has a President and not monarch and was ready to fall for her racism accusations as a fact, she felt it was safe to whine, "Oh poor me! Oh my poor child!" After all, she knew that Oprah wouldn't correct her. And Oprah didn't.

By friendly I meant friendly enough to communicate respectfully. It is a family owned gown etc. and they may wish to use family rooms and invite some family which would be hard to do if there were no resurrection of trust.
It could also be tricky if family were to attend Girl Sussex's Christening but not feel free to speak due to mistrust.

I understand very well and think the same.
And wouldn't this reduce the RF to extras in the Sussex money making machine?
And now that M. said that the wedding ceremony did not mean anything to them,
it would be surprising for both the clergy and the public aswell if now all of a sudden they cling to religious traditions and being in the spotlight, releasing photographs aso
By the way she mocked this black priest who was preaching at the wedding and the choir aso aswell as anybody else with her statement. Otherwise I'd think a fancy down to earth biracial at its best ceremony downtown with a ghospelchoir might suit her better in the future- well even predictions are hard now LOL

Seriously this is a issue for the responsible clergy of CoE, HM's grandchild saying the thing meant nothing to us. I wonder who is going to baptize the girl, maybe not a "vip" priest. I do not know the CoE much but in catholic circles a comparable situation would cause serious problems behind the scenes.

So one more new job? which one is now real? The Better up or the Aspen Institute? One is getting paid as a window dressing, the 2nd one is more serious. The Sussex's are Masters in misinformation. So everyone sends out untruth only their information is the right one when it concern's them. There is a saying See who you can trust? I don't believe it is Harry and Meghan. These two need to stop talking. Celebs are like a dime a dozen, but Celebs with titles are a wow at least in their opinions.

I find it very hard to believe that Meghan didn't understand how the titles/styles system works. Even if she didn't originally - which, OK, I can believe that much - surely Harry or someone else could have explained it to her.

BTW, my knowledge of the way CoE functions is rather deficient, but would the Archbishop of Canterbury really be sitting around waiting for a call, in case a royal bride took a fancy to a sudden backyard wedding? Isn't he a busy man with a schedule? I mean, unless there is an emergency, you can't just summon the Queen because you really want to. Is it possible to do with the AoC?

I find it very hard to believe that Meghan didn't understand how the titles/styles system works. Even if she didn't originally - which, OK, I can believe that much - surely Harry or someone else could have explained it to her.
If he understood it himself. I agree, she should certainly have known that not all royals have titles, and that Archie would not be in line for HRH.. but TEHY said they were fine with him having no title and just being plain old master Archie. And its bad of her to hint that the "rule might be changed" and Archie would be deprived of security and his "rightful title" because of his race. The RF knew that Meghan's children would be the first African Americans close to the throne in the RF.. did she really think that they were plotting to have new LPs in time to come, to deprive hm of a title because of that? if she did, I wonder she married Harry at all... it would be so wrong.
and she knows too that Charles is not likely to talk about what LP plans he has in the future so she could say these things free of contradiction.

She must know also that the trend is for most RF's to cut back on who has HRH - and that because of that, it IS possible that Archie might not get it.. but that's a trend in nearly all European RFs now.. cutting back on titles.

BTW, my knowledge of the way CoE functions is rather deficient, but would the Archbishop of Canterbury really be sitting around waiting for a call, in case a royal bride took a fancy to a sudden backyard wedding? Isn't he a busy man with a schedule? I mean, unless there is an emergency, you can't just summon the Queen because you really want to. Is it possible to do with the AoC?

since it was only a few days before the Royal wedding.. Im sure he was busy with "royal wedding things" so to spend a short time discussing the marriage with them was something he might have expected..
Possibly when she called him, he went over for an hour, explained to her (if she really didnt know!) that he could not MARRY them.. but if they wanted, he'd give them his blessing and let them say their vows..

I can't see them being at the christening if there is one. Its too soon, its clear that they can't be trusted and it would probably be stressful to chat and try to focus on the baby when only a few months ago, the Sussexes behaved so bizarrely. Conversation would probably be very stilted and whoever went from the RF would really be wary of what they said...

since it was only a few days before the Royal wedding.. Im sure he was busy with "royal wedding things" so to spend a short time discussing the marriage with them was something he might have expected..
Possibly when she called him, he went over for an hour, explained to her (if she really didnt know!) that he could not MARRY them.. but if they wanted, he'd give them his blessing and let them say their vows..
But that wasn't what Meghan said. She said she called him with the explicit demand of marrying them right away and he came running. She told him by the phone that she wanted a wedding, it wasn't the spending time with them he might have expected. I find it hard to believe that he'd have so much free time on his hands for them - first for emergencies and then to go over the place to explain in person, as if she were stupid, that it couldn't be done.
Perhaps she made use of a time slot loosely reserved for them. They might have been told that they should feel free to contact Justin Welby for questions... which, on the TV, was turned into "He was in for the ride with our spontaneous idea!"

Last edited:
But that wasn't what Meghan said. She said she called him with the explicit demand of marrying them right away and he came running. She told him by the phone that she wanted a wedding, it wasn't the soending time with them he might have expected.

yes Im sure when he heard that he thought "Oh great, she's talking nonsense so I'll have to go there and tell them they can't have a WEDDINg in private.." and he probably thought that it was best to do it face to face, offer them his blessing and let them do their vows. Sadly, his act to try and please them but remind them of the rules has backfired for him.
Possibly he was having a few chats with them about married life, the ceremony etc during the run up to the wedding and had told htem if they had any questions or worries, to call him. He may have expected them to want to chat about things, run over the ceremony, etc etc and it was time he was keeping free in case it was needed. I am sure he never expected a request for a private wedding but what could he do iwhtout being rude but to see them and discuss it..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom