The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also personally think that Charles will leave his personal money to all his grandchildren, even if he never meets them. He's not the type to disinherit (IMHO).

Last edited by a moderator:
I also personally think that Charles will leave his personal money to all his grandchildren, even if he never meets them. He's not the type to disinherit (IMHO).
If anything can make Charles reluctant to leave money to a branch of his family, its the way that H is behaving.

I don't see the Queen and Prince Philip treating Harry and his children any differently than they will treat the other grandchildren (except William) and great-grandchildren. Nor can I see Charles disinheriting his son and family.

However, if the royal family WERE so inclined, I'm sure that Harry and Meghan would be very happy if their inheritance is left to charitable organizations, such as those combating workplace bullying.

Are the formal entails that form the backbone of most Austen novels still used?

No. Downton Abbey and Pride and Prejudice between them have got everyone convinced that half the estates in England are subject to entails :lol:, but that system no longer exists as such.

I am still puzzled as to why the Archbishop will not release a statement

Heavs:And Harry isn't even her son, he's one of eight grandchildren.

I think when the QueenMother died, it was reported that she left a lot more to those granchildren who are possibly not to inherit a big amount from their parents because of their lower position, normal job outside the firm, no titles etc

And let's remember Harry has already inherited a great amount of money when his Mum died. I am a bit tired of listening about their costs, nobody forced them to buy such a house, live outside the UK or create a big thing about needing security (who knows how much they really do need).
I think he has got a lot more than some of his cousins will ever have. Any normal person would try to adapt a lifestyle which goes along his/her income. And beside their own longing for attention and luxury nobody forces Meghan to buy designer clothes, now that she is a private person.
I really can't get how anybody in the US or elsewhere can feel sorry for them or understand them going for more money, but not wanting to work for it.

H'es probably reluctant to call her a liar.. She is sitll a member of the queen's family.. and as such, its not that easy to bluntly speak about her publicly...

Admittedly I stay far away from anything to do with Royals or Royal Watching on Reddit but there's a reason it's regularly used as a punchline.

Lets remember one thing. That the Sussexes themselves *left*. They weren't forced out by anyone except themselves. They've been telling the world that they escaped and that Charles and William are the ones that are trapped.

They chose to put up that hastily put together website and thought that by putting everything out there that they could force everyone to accept their demands.

No one except William and George are due for the Duchy so it doesn't make any sense.

HM has four children, eight grandchildren and currently nine great grandchildren with at least two more on the way. There are plenty of ways her personal wealth might get split. Archie and "Alice" are not of greater or lesser importance than anyone else when it comes to non crown assets.

If they are lining up an inheritance lawyer and telling them where all the other murky places the personal wealth is then I don't think it would go very well for them, though I can certainly see them thinking of doing that later if they get desperate.

I suppose they MIGHT One day tell the world that "Archie only got a small legacy form his great grandparents becuase of his race"?? (even if he got the same as other great grandkids....)

If anything can make Charles reluctant to leave money to a branch of his family, its the way that H is behaving.

Yes and honestly, who knows what will be better for William.
H&M and their growing children will never have enough when being asked.
Unless H. Meghan one day and returns to his family in Uk there will be no end to this drama. Of course the stories they can report will decrease as everybody will be more careful with them but them asking for more money, I doubt will ever stop.
By the way, I wonder what HM's idea is with" they still remain beloved...",
how should this work in daily life. Noone can ever feel safe again that H&M won't tell the media, no family event, no phonecall, nothing is safe,
how do they want to deal with H&M, even if everything was taped, as the RF doesn't comment and Meghan does not hesitate to lie..... never ending drama ahead.
Maybe cutting them off was the best thing for the monarchy and honestly we all know people in our family or a close friends where people happen to be cut off. It's never nice but not so rare. So maybe a cut as harmful as it seems was the best for the family aswell, I doubt that marriage ends well, leave a door open for Harry , wait and see.
?
As soon as HM has died those two will go absolutely crazy beyond imagination, they have shown to have no limits, no respect.... a desaster for both Charles and especially William one day.

Last edited:

I think the license speaks for itself, personally. I don’t see why he needs to say anything. They were not legally married 3 days earlier. Period.

No reason to engage in this Sussex mess IMO.

Meghan is certainly aware of the day she legally was married.

They had a rehearsal, blessing...whatever 3 days earlier that Meghan opted to make sound like was their legal marriage date- and now there is proof that was not the case. That reflects on her, not the AOC. I don’t think he should have to dignify this with a statement.

Sorry - unaware of anything hence the asking - not making ironic remark.

I see. I am sure people come up with all kinds of theories but as several have discussed; Harry has NO right at all to the Duchy of Cornwall. His expenses previously were covered by money coming from the Duchy but that was because his father who is the temporary recipient of that money took care of it.

Really sad if she don't know the difference between rehearsal and the real thing. She was married before. Sadly it seems only one thing with these two, live better then everyone else, so they can say, see what we have you don't measure up. Maybe they should find someone who pays everything for them, a Sugar Daddy, so they can sell access to the Queen maybe?? and that persons standing will rise to maybe acceptability? in some circles of Society? Maybe both should roll up their sleeves and get a real JOB.

Yes and honestly, who knows what will be better for William.
H&M and their growing children will never have enough when being asked.
Unless H. Meghan one day and returns to his family in Uk there will be no end to this drama. Of course the stories they can report will decrease as everybody will be more careful with them but them asking for more money, I doubt will ever stop.
By the way, I wonder what HM's idea is with" they still remain beloved...",
how should this work in daily life. Noone can ever feel safe again that H&M won't tell the media, no family event, no phonecall, nothing is safe,
how do they want to deal with H&M, even if everything was taped, as the RF doesn't comment and Meghan does not hesitate to lie..... never ending drama ahead.
Maybe cutting them off was the best thing for the monarchy and honestly we all know people in our family or a close friends where people happen to be cut off. It's never nice but not so rare. So maybe a cut as harmful as it seems was the best for the family aswell, I doubt that marriage ends well, leave a door open for Harry , wait and see.
?
As soon as HM has died those two will go absolutely crazy beyond imagination, they have shown to have no limits, no respect.... a desaster for both Charles and especially William one day.

Believe it or not, there is a positive aspect to Harry and Meghan declaring on international TV that they've been "cut off". If there was anything that could have been done that would show the world that where the Sussexes go from here on out that they're *not* connected to the monarchy and the "Firm", this is it. They've stated it in big, bold letters that no funding is coming from the UK to support them or their endeavors. In a way, it kind of makes their ducal title seem less important in the grand scheme of things moving forward. At least in my eyes. I sincerely hope they do have a lot of good plans in the works on the back burner. They're going to need them.

The thing is too, the more they do come out and whine about lack of money and funds to support themselves, it lessens the aura around Archewell that donating to it and it's causes will actually be used for that purpose. I don't ever see this couple on the street corners panhandling for enough to buy a Big Mac but the more they discuss what they don't have, the more people will be leery of supporting their causes. At least I would be very cautious of where my donation was actually going. ?

Catherine St-Laurent now resigning... one can't help but wonder why the high turnover of staff in the H&M 'household'.

H'es probably reluctant to call her a liar.. She is sitll a member of the queen's family.. and as such, its not that easy to bluntly speak about her publicly...

They had a rehearsal, blessing...whatever 3 days earlier that Meghan opted to make sound like was their legal marriage date- and now there is proof that was not the case. That reflects on her, not the AOC. I don’t think he should have to dignify this with a statement.

agree. he is doing well not engaging in this circus. i would have done that too if i were him.

But Charles's money would go to Archie and his sister, I don't think Harry and Meghan will have access to them. It's too far down the road, they need money today.

Executive director of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Archewell Foundation steps down after one year to take 'senior advisory' role

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...well-Foundation-leaves-one-year.html#comments

The same article mentions a recent hire to "head up their film and tv company." It's been six months since the Netflix and Spotify contracts were announced, and possibly longer since they were signed. If they're just now getting a team in place to produce the content as agreed... well, it's no wonder they're starting to worry about money. They might have gotten a bit up front, but even if the deals are worth $100 million as rumored, they're not going to get the bulk of that until they actually deliver something.

Catherine St-Laurent now resigning... one can't help but wonder why the high turnover of staff in the H&M 'household'.

Ms. St-Laurent resigned her position as executive director but has not left the organization. So it does seem like things at Archewell are moving right along but again, its the Fail. Hopefully we'll get some information on some of their upcoming projects soon.

Osipi

Believe it or not, there is a positive aspect to Harry and Meghan declaring on international TV that they've been "cut off". If there was anything that could have been done that would show the world that where the Sussexes go from here on out that they're *not* connected to the monarchy and the "Firm", this is it. They've stated it in big, bold letters that no funding is coming from the UK to support them or their endeavors. In a way, it kind of makes their ducal title seem less important in the grand scheme of things moving forward. At least in my eyes. I sincerely hope they do have a lot of good plans in the works on the back burner. They're going to need them.

Yes, Osipi, I agree, they showed their hand too earlier in the game, I wonder if they still have a Joker

Osipi

Yes, Osipi, I agree, they showed their hand too earlier in the game, I wonder if they still have a Joker

Somehow, yes, but as I tried to explain, I mean really cutting them off.
As I can't see how anybody can trust them again.
And what would it mean if there was no inheritance for them and they could inly rely on Diana's money and their income (whatever that would be once there are no more "truths" to tell)

Ms. St-Laurent resigned her position as executive director but has not left the organization. So it does seem like things at Archewell are moving right along but again, its the Fail. Hopefully we'll get some information on some of their upcoming projects soon.

Well after 84 pages (and counting) i think it's time for some new (positive) Archewell endeavours, so it'd be good if indeed there were some projects in the making..
Best way to move on from this interview is to actually move on..

The Archbishop is probably being a good Christian and turning the other cheek rather than call our a professional victim on lying (intentionally or otherwise) in a TV interview. TBH its been made perfectly clear here in the UK media that such a "secret wedding" would be illegal so pretty clear it didn't happen and Meghan was at best confused, at worst lying.

I'm intrigued by how many staff they seem to have lost recently. I wonder if Ms. St-Laurent is being put on Archwell payroll to save them some money.

The Archbishop is probably being a good Christian and turning the other cheek rather than call our a professional victim on lying (intentionally or otherwise) in a TV interview. TBH its been made perfectly clear here in the UK media that such a "secret wedding" would be illegal so pretty clear it didn't happen and Meghan was at best confused, at worst lying.

I'm intrigued by how many staff they seem to have lost recently. I wonder if Ms. St-Laurent is being put on Archwell payroll to save them some money.
I'd say he knows by now what Meghan is like.. and doesn't want a ding dong battle.. the queen got out her reply about "recollections may vary".. which pretty much says that her recollections are not the same as M's...

Speaking of the Queen's grandchildren, doesn't she have legal custody of her grandchildren? I think I read that somewhere, but can anyone confirm whether or not that is true? If that is true, then Prince Charles will have legal custody of Archie when he becomes King.

It is possible that he asked the Supreme Governor of the Church if he should put out a clarifying statement and the answer is no. Just possible.

Speaking of the Queen's grandchildren, doesn't she have legal custody of her grandchildren? I think I read that somewhere, but can anyone confirm whether or not that is true? If that is true, then Prince Charles will have legal custody of Archie when he becomes King.

At least Charles will have custody when becomes king one day.
The law hoes back to George I and the 18th century and was not changed since.
As the Sussex claim not knowing the simplest stuff both M and Harry, they might be surprised to find out about this.
Might help Harry one day this marriage ends.

It is possible that he asked the Supreme Governor of the Church if he should put out a clarifying statement and the answer is no. Just possible.

Well, at least the average clergy does face problems because of this. Especially while Covid so many weddings were delayed and some would have loved to get a "private" marriage from a priest just somewhere.
This can be very annoying in a parish, when the priest is asked again and again and has to explain....

I can't imagine Charles ever invoking this right.

And now that the children are dual citizens living in another country, the Hague Convention would come into play anyway.

(I mean, I think Harry and Meghan made a lot of mistakes, but they are not criminals. There are plenty of old laws on the books that no one enforces, and no one gives a thought to.)

(Just because it's interesting: I believe Maxima had to sign a prenuptial agreement prior to her marriage that gave full custody of her children to the Queen of the Netherlands, in the event of her divorce. But I could have the wrong Queen Consort/wrong prenup language.)

do you really think that they DIDNT want a big fancy wedding? Of course they did. They needed the big fancy wedding to make them known to the public esp in the US..A quiet small wedding with a few family and friends and no photos would not do that.

I thought Iread somewhere at the time of the engagement that the queen had thought a smaller wedding more appropriate as Meghan was divorced , no white dress etc. It was Charles who fought their corner for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom