The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan's entitledness really came across in this. So she can sling mud, throw accusations full of blatant lies left and right and then blink innocently and complain that the people she smeared didn't call her, the victim of all victims?

And that's coming from her supposed friends. God help her when she encounters some real enemies. With the speed she's flying at, she's going to make them. Alas, she's going to alienate many of the people who might have been ready to work with her. No one likes to live and work under the threat that the moment Meghan decides she dislikes something, private conversations will be leaked and emails will be written to prove what horrible people they are and how much they hurt her, this strong woman who's so grateful for her working, independent experience.

Had Harry been my brother, I would have stopped talking to him for a long time. I wouldn't have put it past them to record the private conversations and twist them to use against me.

The cnn article goes on about the only way to stop racism in the RF is to abolish the monarchy. It talks about thier jewels were stolen and how they had colonys were used and so forth. Harry has opened a can of worms he can't close. This article makes there interview look mild.

If the monarchy was abolished it wouldn't end racism in the UK, just as having a black president certainly didn't end racism in the US.

The talk about the UK's colonial past is nothing new and has been going on for decades.

I'm not saying that this won't cause problems but it's not a the first time it's been brought up by a long shot.

Meghan's entitledness really came across in this. So she can sling mud, throw accusations full of blatant lies left and right and then blink innocently and complain that the people she smeared didn't call her, the victim of all victims?

And that's coming from her supposed friends. God help her when she encounters some real enemies. With the speed she's flying at, she's going to make them. Alas, she's going to alienate many of the people who might have been ready to work with her. No one likes to live and work under the threat that the moment Meghan decides she dislikes something, private conversations will be leaked and emails will be written to prove what horrible people they are and how much they hurt her, this strong woman who's so grateful for her working, independent experience.

Had Harry been my brother, I would have stopped talking to him for a long time. I wouldn't have put it past them to record the private conversations and twist them to use against me.

Why am I having flashbacks from Diana threads on how Diana could be so mercurial and cut people off at the slightest hint they were "against" her? It seems like it's history repeating itself in a way. Doesn't Harry see this? Maybe it's something William saw that Harry didn't. Y'know, the old saying "love is blind but the neighbors ain't". ;)

Reactions: Fem
But if the accusation that the BRF is racist sticks in Britain then we are in unchartered territory.

The cnn article goes on about the only way to stop racism in the RF is to abolish the monarchy. It talks about thier jewels were stolen and how they had colonys were used and so forth. Harry has opened a can of worms he can't close. This article makes there interview look mild.

CNN showing its political bias again. What a surprised! :whistling:

On a different note, Meghan has signed and handwritten some personal notes (Most words were typed though) to Smart Works' client with words of encouragement. From Smart Works Charity instagram account:
@smartworkscharity Verified
In celebration of Women's History Month and International Women’s Day, our Patron, The Duchess of Sussex took a moment to send some words of encouragement to a few of our clients.

Written by The Duchess, several personal notes were delivered to our centre earlier this week, and then dispatched to our clients, to give them that extra piece of encouragement as they return to the workplace.

The extract below was from a note sent to a client who recently got a job working in the health sector:

“I wanted to offer my personal congratulations on landing a new position in public health – I can’t think of anything more important right now. And I’m so pleased to know that Smart Works supported you in the lead-up to your successful job interview.”

Another of our clients received a little extra lift before her interview later this week;

“I wanted to write personally to wish you every success in your upcoming interview. While any interview can feel daunting, I know that Smart Works has enabled you with the confidence to thrive throughout the process” … “You’ll be amazing in your interview remember deep breath and be yourself.”

Throughout the month of March, Archewell Foundation, created by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, is encouraging people around the world to perform acts of compassion for women in their lives and communities.

You can follow the link in our bio to find out more about this work, and how you can get involved.
6h​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMfDLvXHm0a/

From Smart Works Charity's website
https://smartworks.org.uk/hq/marking-international-womens-day-with-the-duchess-of-sussex/?cat=hq

For Meghan wanting people "to perform acts of compassion for women in their lives and communities", she certainly is not "practising what she preached" by putting The Queen in difficult situations, passive-aggressively dig at Catherine publicly, naming Beatrice and Eugenie in her Court case, almost overshadowing The Earl of Wessex's birthday and The Countess of Wessex's charity work and putting royal children (especially the Wessex and Phillips who are old enough to understand) in awkward position at school. Talking about hypocrisy :whistling:

yes surely Netflix is goign to expect them to do SOMETHING, not just interviews.... because there is a limit to how many awful revelations they can trump up about the RF (when they only worked there for a year or so)....

It does not even matter that Harry probably has some dirt on RF, Netflix will not pay for idle gossip. Their audience is global and they already lost some members due to the "Crown"

One thought comes to mind of an unique twist they could do for Netflix that would guarantee a large audience and float sympathy and favoritism towards Meghan. Comparisons. It's actually something we're not supposed to do here in these threads. A "now and then" total comparison between Diana and her woes with "The War of the Wales" and Meghan's woes and victimization today in her "War of the Wails". I see that being huge in the American market but totally putting the British population in a tail spin of horror. I'd be among the British population with this one.

Make it to be released by Netflix when the next season of "The Crown" is released like they did this year with a tandem Diana documentary on the same day. If we get a whiff that Harry and Meghan have gone to the Taj Mahal for a quick visit, we'll know why. ;)

Just odd thoughts.

I doubt that people are that interested in Diana anymore, especially the millenniums.

Last edited by a moderator:
For Meghan wanting people "to perform acts of compassion for women in their lives and communities", she certainly is not "practising what she preached" by putting The Queen in difficult situations, passive-aggressively dig at Catherine publicly, naming Beatrice and Eugenie in her Court case, almost overshadowing The Earl of Wessex's birthday and The Countess of Wessex's charity work and putting royal children (especially the Wessex and Phillips who are old enough to understand) in awkward position at school. Talking about hypocrisy :whistling:

Perhaps another way to remain in the forefront and especially in the UK with one of her incentives there? I have a hard time believing all this was done with an altruistic motive in mind. I'm sure that a lot of people will see it that way though.

I'm wondering now who came up with the idea to make these messages public. SmartWorks, themselves or the Sussex PR team? It's kind of sad that even the best possible work that Meghan could do from here on out with pure altruistic thoughts and intentions could be clouded by suspicion as to her motives.

Why am I having flashbacks from Diana threads on how Diana could be so mercurial and cut people off at the slightest hint they were "against" her? It seems like it's history repeating itself in a way. Doesn't Harry see this? Maybe it's something William saw that Harry didn't. Y'know, the old saying "love is blind but the neighbors ain't". ;)
I never heard the saying in this version. One can always learn...

On the matter: perhaps Harry saw it and it didn't bother him. The way he seems to hold grudges at the slightest perceived disapproval... Inskip comes to mind. Harry couldn't exactly freeze William but he confirmed the so hurt by William's comment theory as a justification for distancing himself and holding a grudge without realizing that most people wouldn't see it his way.

cnn.com has written a scathing article on the royals. So sad these two could cause such irrepable damage to the RF. It gets bigger and bigger.
I'm sorry, who did what? :lol: Maybe the perspective are different depending on where one lives, but while the interview was not easy for the BRF, no "irreparable damage" has been done. The support for the monarchy is still high, Republicans are defending HMQ in press and while yes, it might have been a blow in the Commonwealth countries, I don't think it'll do that much hurt to the monarchy.

I'd say more damage was done for BRF as a family and not the monarchy, and here I agree, the damage is severe. How can they ever trust the Sussexes to not run to the press with every little tidbit of information? They'll never be able to speek freely in their company as long as Harry and Meghan will be trying to gain popularity and status on the BRF's back.
Given that Meghan admitted that Kate "owned" her actions and apologised but she (Meghan) still can't let it go years later, there's no reason for William or Charles to think that anything they say will be apology accepted.

She's not even speaking to most her own family and hasn't for a while at least. Granted I definitely understand some of those. But she's not a kumbaya person.
I remember the lead up to the wedding. Everyone praised and defended Meghan for being so strong and cutting off the toxic people out of her life, etc. From all the sides, we were being convinced that her family was toxic. Then that Harry's life-long friends were toxic. Now that Harry's family is racist and toxic... At some point one has to notice that the only common denominator is Meghan herself.

No, she's not a kumbaya person. She's not even "burn her bridges" person, she's "destroy the bridges until there's nothing left" person. And she has a tendency to simply cut off the people in her life, like they did not matter to her at all (sending her wedding ring in an envelope? really?) and somehow twist the truth - sorry, tell "her truth" - in a way that makes HER the victim.

Seriously? Do they also think that the Spanish, Dutch and Belgian monarchies should be abolished because of colonial history? Oh, and maybe add Sweden and Denmark. How about abolishing the US presidency, because some past presidents owned slaves and authorised settlers to move on to land taken from Native Americans? What on earth does CNN think any of that has got to do with any of the lies Meghan was spouting about Archie's title and security?!

I don't get the impression that anyone is taking much notice of this in the UK. The opinion polls show widespread support for the Queen and other senior royals. But it's very unpleasant to have articles like this being published anywhere. I hope Harry's pleased with himself.

On a different note, Meghan has signed and handwritten some personal notes (Most words were typed though) to Smart Works' client with words of encouragement. From Smart Works Charity instagram account:
@smartworkscharity Verified
In celebration of Women's History Month and International Women’s Day, our Patron, The Duchess of Sussex took a moment to send some words of encouragement to a few of our clients.

Written by The Duchess, several personal notes were delivered to our centre earlier this week, and then dispatched to our clients, to give them that extra piece of encouragement as they return to the workplace.

The extract below was from a note sent to a client who recently got a job working in the health sector:

“I wanted to offer my personal congratulations on landing a new position in public health – I can’t think of anything more important right now. And I’m so pleased to know that Smart Works supported you in the lead-up to your successful job interview.”

Another of our clients received a little extra lift before her interview later this week;

“I wanted to write personally to wish you every success in your upcoming interview. While any interview can feel daunting, I know that Smart Works has enabled you with the confidence to thrive throughout the process” … “You’ll be amazing in your interview remember deep breath and be yourself.”

Throughout the month of March, Archewell Foundation, created by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, is encouraging people around the world to perform acts of compassion for women in their lives and communities.

That's the thing about Meghan. I think she can be very kind when she's working or giving. But not when she feels she's owed. She also seems perfectly capable of doing both at the same time, without considering the contrast.

And the BRF definitely fall into the latter category now.​

originally by Morqn

They want a bent knee, a humble apology, the proverbial heads of the British press on a platter and the admission that what Sarah, Camilla, Catherine, etc. went through combined can't hold a handle to Meghan's suffering.

Yes, just as in the Game of Thrones, Daenerys wanted everyone to bend a knee, we know how that turned out

Well it doesn't help when reputable voices like that of Michelle Obama say that "it wasn't a complete surprise to hear talk of racism in the BRF".

With the greatest respect how does she actually know what was said? Why is it not a surprise to her? What have the BRF said or done to her to make her so sure in her belief?

https://us.cnn.com/2021/03/16/us/michelle-obama-meghan-markle-interview-trnd/index.html

That headline's a little clickbaity. She didn't talk about her own experiences with the BRF just a general note that racism isn't a new thing so it's not a complete surprise to hear that Meghan "had feelings" about it. Seemed more like not wanting to invalidate Meghan's feelings rather than add any of her own.

Followed by the quotes about unity, family, forgiveness and service.

Definitely a horrible headline though.

There are plenty on BAME people who've stood up and said they've only had good experiences with the BRF (and not just on official engagements for 5 minutes either) but of course most of those get lost in the shuffle.

I'm just going to stick this back in here: https://archive.ph/snrmO (good piece from the Telegraph).

There is the whisper of the reason why Harry and Meghan are doing this.

I have very unsettled emotions thinking on this, and uncomfortable feeling in my tummy that this is the goal. But why would Harry do this to his family? He has to understand that at this point, repairing the relationship will be so hard to do with these continued press leaks....if he wants money, security, etc., he clearly is either extorting/blackmailing his family to get it. Does he dislike or is so jealous of his family that he can't see clearly? Is he trying to avenge his mother?

It's almost as if.....he can't be King himself one day, or be treated equally to that caliber, then the Monarchy must go and no one have it. I've a bad feeling here that once Meghan has stripped Harry of all-his country, his titles, his family and friends-he will be left with nothing and she will move on without him.

How does his family retain something for Harry after the divorce (which will come) but at the same time protect the very institution of the Monarchy?

I'm just going to stick this back in here: https://archive.ph/snrmO (good piece from the Telegraph).

Thank you for posting this, Prinsara. I hadn't seen it but every word of that article rings true to me and explains my thoughts in a previous post even better than the words I could find. Very good read. :flowers:

But if the accusation that the BRF is racist sticks in Britain then we are in unchartered territory.

It's a news cycle, not much else is happening right now, so the networks latched on to this story until something else comes along. Then M&H will have to come up with something else to keep them in the news. I think RF is going to take the road of "wait and see". But I am very mad at H&M for playing this dirty game.

This article I'm linking is just more of the same regurgitation from Gayle King, but it phrased it in a way I thought was interesting:

"The news anchor shared that while the palace wants to keep this feud private, they aren’t making any moves to reconcile with the person who was hurt the most in this: Meghan."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/not-one-royal-picked-phone-193103019.html

I was surprised to see the opinion that Meghan - not Harry - was the person hurt most in this. Meghan did what she wanted to do every step of the way. She and Harry seem to agree that Harry left for her sake, not his own. She "lost" her father because she decided she didn't want to talk to him anymore (perhaps for good reason, but still, her own choice). Harry's now estranged from his family because Meghan decided to trash them on Oprah, and now they no longer want to talk to him. Meghan lives in her native country a few miles down the road from her mother, with whom she seems to have a good relationship. Harry lives thousands of miles from his native country and close relatives, and he may never be close to any of them again after this. Even if he's 100% ok with all of that, I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks Meghan was hurt more than Harry was here.

I’m at a loss that the media has decided Meghan was the wronged party period. It’s just based on HER word. Which is pretty worthless IMO.

It's a news cycle, not much else is happening right now, so the networks latched on to this story until something else comes along. Then M&H will have to come up with something else to keep them in the news. I think RF is going to take the road of "wait and see". But I am very mad at H&M for playing this dirty game.

It had moved down the news agenda until today with Gayle King telling the world about the telephone calls.
It will become so obvious if they keep doing this to keep them newsworthy. This is the bit about Harry I struggle with, we all know his views on the media but he uses it to his own ends.

They better prepare for the backlash from the British press, they will be digging, and god help them if they find anything.

There is the whisper of the reason why Harry and Meghan are doing this.

I have very unsettled emotions thinking on this, and uncomfortable feeling in my tummy that this is the goal. But why would Harry do this to his family? He has to understand that at this point, repairing the relationship will be so hard to do with these continued press leaks....if he wants money, security, etc., he clearly is either extorting/blackmailing his family to get it. Does he dislike or is so jealous of his family that he can't see clearly? Is he trying to avenge his mother?

It's almost as if.....he can't be King himself one day, or be treated equally to that caliber, then the Monarchy must go and no one have it. I've a bad feeling here that once Meghan has stripped Harry of all-his country, his titles, his family and friends-he will be left with nothing and she will move on without him.

How does his family retain something for Harry after the divorce (which will come) but at the same time protect the very institution of the Monarchy?

It would be a huge loss to royal followers over the world should the British Monarchy fall, but I have a feeling, that Charles and Camilla, William and Kate, George, Charlotte, and Louis would just fine. They are wealthy and healthy, it might even be a relief to them.

I actually thought Mrs Obama's comments were the very essence of diplomacy - she wasn't specific about any sides she might be taking. She said she wasn't surprised that racism had come up as an issue etc. I didn't read her answer as saying "oh yeah those Brit royals are racist" at all, to be honest if anything I took it a little as being more on the side of the RF but in reality I think her words were neutral enough everyone can project their own feelings onto them.

She did also say about public service: "The thing that I always keep in mind is that none of this is about us in public service, it's about the people we serve."

I think her comments about “...there’s nothing more important than family.” are spot on here. I hope both the RF and H&M reflect on that.

It had moved down the news agenda until today with Gayle King telling the world about the telephone calls.
It will become so obvious if they keep doing this to keep them newsworthy. This is the bit about Harry I struggle with, we all know his views on the media but he uses it to his own ends.

They better prepare for the backlash from the British press, they will be digging, and god help them if they find anything.

Well, there will be no more phone calls, let's wait and see what else H&M have in their arsenal.

and I'm sure when there are no more phone calls H&M will moan about how the RF are ignoring them....they do play their own stories so well these two its really rather sad.

That headline's a little clickbaity. She didn't talk about her own experiences with the BRF just a general note that racism isn't a new thing so it's not a complete surprise to hear that Meghan "had feelings" about it. Seemed more like not wanting to invalidate Meghan's feelings rather than add any of her own.

Followed by the quotes about unity, family, forgiveness and service.

Definitely a horrible headline though.

There are plenty on BAME people who've stood up and said they've only had good experiences with the BRF (and not just on official engagements for 5 minutes either) but of course most of those get lost in the shuffle.

Figures. The headline was misleading regarding what Michelle said. What a surprise.

Sort of like the headline saying Meghan’s emails proved her story about Catherine correct. No- it proved Meghan wrote an email in 2020. It further proved her obsession on the subject. What it didn’t do was prove her story was the complete truth.

Journalists really are irresponsible.

Completely agree with you.... the press had started to talk of other people....so a drastic action was needed to stay on the front pages.

I'm wondering what Netflix is thinking hearing they only signed with them for productions because they a) had no choice and b) realized they needed "big money" and needed it fast? Now they're under contract to provide something worth the money they contracted for. With Harry moaning to the world he's been "cut off" Is Netflix worried they won't have the funds to actually produce something worth their while to air?

As their reputations sink from being philanthropists and influencers to being *talk show entertainment*, is Netflix worried at all about what they're going to come up with? I sure would be.

Netflix isn’t stupid. Unlike what their die-hard fans want you to believe Netflix did not had them $100 million dollars upfront per people who know how these contracts work. They were given some upfront money to get something produced that they could then sell to Netflix or someone else (if Netflix didn’t want it).

There is a lot of chatter that the absolute panic the Sussex’s find themselves in is because they have nothing worthy to produce/present to Netflix in return for the initial payment. Even with Spotify they had the 1 podcast and haven’t managed to come up with another one.

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

This was good.

I have to say- it does kind of look like Meghan wants to be Diana. She just adds the race factor in. This article made a good argument for it.

Someone else called Meghan manipulative and ruthless.

I enjoy any author who will call Meghan out on that stupid, over the top Little Mermaid reference. It was laughable. People actually fell for that?! I can’t take someone seriously who makes absurd analogies like that. And to think Meghan graduated from college....

Last edited:
It would be a huge loss to royal followers over the world should the British Monarchy fall, but I have a feeling, that Charles and Camilla, William and Kate, George, Charlotte, and Louis would just fine. They are wealthy and healthy, it might even be a relief to them.

Why should it fall because of Z list poor actress from deal or no deal, who stamped her foot because she didn't get her own way then ran off.

I also think Gayle King and cbs should looking at racism in its own backyard and leave us to sort out our own problems .

The latest they kept me in the house for 4 months story was that when she was staying in Windsor her and Doria wanted to drive to town to buy take out coffee but was banned. I would suggest she was advised for security it would not be a good idea, did nobody give them a coffee maker for a wedding present. Why would you want to drive in a car to buy a coffee to take it back home.

Completely agree with you.... the press had started to talk of other people....so a drastic action was needed to stay on the front pages.

I wonder if Harry has seen the photograph of his 99 year old grandfather leaving hospital today. It should give him food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was good.

I have to say- it does kind of look like Meghan wants to be Diana. She just adds the race factor in. This article made a good argument for it.

Someone else called Meghan manipulative and ruthless.

I enjoy any author who will call Meghan out on that stupid, over the top Little Mermaid reference. It was laughable. People actually fell for that?! I can’t take someone seriously who makes absurd analogies like that. And to think Meghan graduated from college....

My favourite picture is the one in SA that's exactly Diana in Africa, down to the pose. Same outfit, same accessories, hands on hips everything. She knew what she was doing there, so she'd clearly done a lot of Diana research. Why couldn't she have researched royal protocol and expectations as well?

That lends credence to some staffers saying she was determined to be the poor outsider if she/they couldn't have it all their own way.

I do like that article pointing out that she didn't seem to have realised that she was the Fergie, not the Diana in "The Institution". Little different there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom