The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 3: March - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was left with the impression that Janina was talking of a different employee. A nanny isn't exactly a palace staff member. The people who made the complaints in Knauf's alleged leaked email did so well before Archie was born. Meghan was still in the early stage of her pregnancy.

I saw a headline "Leaked email confirms Meghan's claims" - and no, it didn't. But in the court of public opinion, especially in US where Harry and Meghan aim to spread their branch, it's going to be seen more favourably and the veracity of it less questioned.

US public opinion is what it is I guess. It will either swing back or it won't. Doesn't matter to the monarchy either way really.

I think the Queen, Charles, and William are truly interested in mending the rift because they love Harry, Archie and Meghan. Family is family. Harry and Meghan haven't killed anyone and according to the yougov poll, the family's popularity as a whole is strong. Regardless, it will be hard for anyone in the family to truly trust Harry and Meghan.

I think they love Harry. They tolerate Meghan, They don't know Archie nor will they know his little sister. As for mending anything? I doubt it.

US public opinion is what it is I guess. It will either swing back or it won't. Doesn't matter to the monarchy either way really.

US public opinion is almost com.... OOOH! Look! Something new and shiny! :whistling:

US opinion does matter but the opinion of the countries in the Commonwealth very much do...

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but apparently Finding Freedom says that no one cried during the infamous flower girl dress incident.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/2...e-middleton-cried-bridesmaid-row-omid-scobie/

Many on here always suspected Meghan of ghostwriting that book, and she confirmed in court filings that she'd directed her friends to pass information to the author. Just from how the scene is described, I don't see who else his source could possibly have been. So why the inconsistency?

Michelle Obama did an interview (or chat) with Access Hollywood's Mario Lopez and was asked about Harry & Meghan, particularly on the aftermath of the Oprah's interview. In her response, she pray there is forgiveness and resolution within the family relationship and mentioned on the importance of family

Michelle Obama Reacts To Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Oprah Interview: ‘I Just Pray That There Is Forgiveness’
https://www.accessonline.com/articl...terview-i-just-pray-that-there-is-forgiveness

Cleverly worded it could fit either side.

Cleverly worded it could fit either side.

That's what I thought. Michelle is thought to have got on really well with the Queen isn't she? As well as being friendly with Harry and Meghan. So being diplomatic makes sense on all levels both personal and public.

Michelle Obama did an interview (or chat) with Access Hollywood's Mario Lopez and was asked about Harry & Meghan, particularly on the aftermath of the Oprah's interview. In her response, she pray there is forgiveness and resolution within the family relationship and mentioned on the importance of family

Michelle Obama Reacts To Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Oprah Interview: ‘I Just Pray That There Is Forgiveness’
https://www.accessonline.com/articl...terview-i-just-pray-that-there-is-forgiveness

Leave it to Michelle to nail it. I LOVE her. And I agree with every word.

Family is everything important in this world.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but apparently Finding Freedom says that no one cried during the infamous flower girl dress incident.

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/2...e-middleton-cried-bridesmaid-row-omid-scobie/

Many on here always suspected Meghan of ghostwriting that book, and she confirmed in court filings that she'd directed her friends to pass information to the author. Just from how the scene is described, I don't see who else his source could possibly have been. So why the inconsistency?
The most generous explanation is that she has convinced herself that Kate made her cry (it's possible Meghan cried after the encounter). The most likely explanation is that they forgot that they gave Omid a different account.

Last edited:
Not e erything that Omid wrote in FF came from the Sussexes. He said in the book that he had consulted several sources.

And it is also possible that in the stress of the run up to a huge wedding Kate did make Meghan cry.

Not e erything that Omid wrote in FF came from the Sussexes. He said in the book that he had consulted several sources.

And it is also possible that in the stress of the run up to a huge wedding Kate did make Meghan cry.

The other woman in this situation was an extremely hormonal woman who was either heavily pregnant or had just given birth... which one is more likely to cry?

I don't know about FF sources but I edited my post to reflect that I meant to say that Meghan may have cried the after event (whatever it was). Kate also could have cried afterwards.

Last edited:
I'd agree with that. A Kardashian can easily shove them off the front page especially with the younger crowd.

The same thing in Britain, if Beatrice announces pregnancy

US public opinion is almost com.... OOOH! Look! Something new and shiny! :whistling:

So true, and H&M are a little less shiny at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I thought. Michelle is thought to have got on really well with the Queen isn't she? As well as being friendly with Harry and Meghan. So being diplomatic makes sense on all levels both personal and public.

Agreed. She knows both sides and will be diplomatic. I saw the video and she said she wasn’t surprised about what Meghan said about race but she hoped the family could forgive. She feels it’s a lesson we can all learn.

The other woman in this situation was an extremely hormonal woman who was either heavily pregnant or had just given birth... which one is more likely to cry?

Meghan also was extremely stressed out on top of dealing with her paternal family leading up to the wedding. So honestly it is very possible they both pushed buttons. Maybe they both cried. We don’t know what happened in that situation other than how the papers spun it and now how Meghan saying from her POV. And maybe Kate explains in the note...

Not just to hear some joyful Royal news I want Beatrice to announce a pregnancy because it will take a lot of attention from Harry and Meghan.sorry not sorry. Plus what’s more effective PR than A Royal baby?

Not just to hear some joyful Royal news I want Beatrice to announce a pregnancy because it will take a lot of attention from Harry and Meghan.sorry not sorry. Plus what’s more effective PR than A Royal baby?

That would be lovely news but most didn’t really seem to care about Eugenie’s pregnancy. It was passing news. I don’t see that being any great distraction. Now Kate...

:previous: I am personally MUCH more interested in a Beatrice pregnancy than yet another by Kate.

Maybe I am in the minority opinion but I often am...:whistling:

:previous: BOTH. The fact that both sides feel hurt by the other means it must be mutual for any healing to begin.

That would be lovely news but most didn’t really seem to care about Eugenie’s pregnancy. It was passing news. I don’t see that being any great distraction. Now Kate...
People are not particularly interested in the Yorks, and since they are not public figures, their pregnancies' are not all that important.

I suspect she left it deliberately vague. I wish the White House had made an equally vague statement or stayed out of the discussion completely.

I don't know why either of them made comments, or Hillary Clinton either. Its nothing to do with candidates for the Presidency or former Presidents...
but of course this is probably what H and Meghan intended when they did the interview.. knowing that public figures in the US would start making comments.

:previous: BOTH. The fact that both sides feel hurt by the other means it must be mutual for any healing to begin.

The first step, I think, is for both sides to breathe and then think "where do we go from here?". It's not going to be an easy "I forgive you" and all is unicorn and rainbows again. They need to come to some understandings of the repercussions from actions and words and events. Things just don't fall back into place where they once were. They've changed.

I agree. I’m on the side of both sides are hurt and did hurtful things. I know some don’t want to see it that way, but oh well. It is very possible someone said something offensive about Archie just as it’s very possible that Sussexes misunderstood things. We will never know but hopefully with time they can all finds answers and start to heal.

It just doesn't do anybody any good to make private, family disputes public. That was just so wrong. I can see if there's legitimate concerns about the "Firm" as a place of business but never, ever private, family matters.

It just doesn't do anybody any good to make private, family disputes public. That was just so wrong. I can see if there's legitimate concerns about the "Firm" as a place of business but never, ever private, family matters.

Perhaps now is the time to let the dust settle, especially after that "explosive" Oprah's interview. And yes, I know it's cliche, time is the greatest healer at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom