The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Oh come, I think that's a bit silly. And God knows I don't like her. But I think that the atmosphere was so frosty back then that Im sure all shed pick up would have been talk about trivialities since it was clear that she and Harry were at odds with Will and Kate, and W and K were politely ignoring htem...
I'd say that Will has been wary of them for some time and probably keeps up a very distant polite contact, and now I think that all the RF will be wary and feel afraid that something they say will be twisted and show up on Oprah or some other TV program.

I think it's silly too - but didn't they both imply they had "proof" about their racism claims? So if they do they were certainly gathering items they could use against the royal family early on. Harry said it was said before he even got married.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
They could. Or Harry could simply choose to list himself as Harry Sussex, Harry Windsor, or Harry Mountbatten-Windsor in order to avoid any appearance of trading off his titles for profit. And as for his “jobs” well, yes, he does now have something to do but let’s be real. He didn’t exactly send out resumes and search for a job based on education and qualifications. He didn’t in any way go out and get himself a job. He’s managed to land two positions that he’s totally unqualified for based solely on his name and the customers that these companies feel his name recognition can draw in. Not exactly positions gotten by merit.

Maybe they’ll manage to do great things out there in California. But until they start to show that they’ve grown up, put their past grievances behind them, and are ready to behave like truthful, independent, forward moving adults, you’ll have to excuse us if we don’t really believe that they ever will.
Harry’s new boss has already stated to the media that Harry prefers to be called Harry at work, and that is what everyone calls him. And going forward I believe that is what both colleagues and clients call him.

As for being completely unqualified for any role in the mental health area, Harry was co founder of Heads Together, met many professionals in the field, and for years has advocated for mental health initiatives especially within the armed forces. His podcast during the Heads Together years caused a bump in people in Britain calling mental health services over their own issues. He was praised by health professionals at the time. No-one can say that mental health hasn’t been at the top of Harry’s endeavours for many years.

And Harry has also interested himself in the field of online misinformation. He’s spoken out about it and made speeches on the subject many times.

Of course companies go for recognised figures. That’s why so many royals are patrons of organisations they often know nothing about. It brings publicity and there’s nothing wrong with that. Nevertheless, the CEO of BetterUp seems to regard Harry as a knowledgeable and enthusiastic new member of his team.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I think what people took issue with was the idea that Charles (or whoever) would want to change the LP for the grandchild(ren) of mixed racial background. They have every right to do whatever they want but you have to admit if that had occurred many would have questioned why...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
You sure? I think many would question why it would start with Archie. There is a reason why many reacted the way they did. Right or wrong, it is a valid question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Strictly speaking, although Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses, they have still kept the York appellation, whereas if they really wanted to drop their links to royalty they wouldn?t be ?of York? at all, but would be Mrs Brooksbank and Mrs Mapelli Mozzi.

But any criticism will do where Harry?s concerned, won?t it? After all, Harry has gone around since boyhood insisting on his royal titles being used in all circumstances hasnt he? When he was at the Travelyst conference last year he said ?Just call me Harry? and was mocked in the media for that. So what does the media want?

See here for my replies.

Questions about British Styles and Titles
Old 03-24-2021, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I very much doubted it. If he was just Harry Sussex, Harry Mountbatten-Windsor or whatever - anything without his title or style - he likely wouldn't have gotten the place. Who in America would know who this guy is?
It's the glamour that makes publicity and it was the glamour the company was after, not Harry's one and only incomparable (and non-existing) qualifications for the job.
So Beatrice and Eugenie didn't go out of their way to remove a last name that exists with and without a connection to the RF and it's totally the same as BetterUp going out of their way to use whatever royalty Harry could claim. Riiiiiight.
Therefore really jobs like the girls have. They are qualified...But you know their connections didn't hurt.

Harry has no qualifications. The job is name recognition but why not. It isn't an embarrassing role or job.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Therefore really jobs like the girls have. They are qualified...But you know their connections didn't hurt.

Harry has no qualifications. The job is name recognition but why not. It isn't an embarrassing role or job.
Definitely. I just disagree the two situations are the same.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Definitely. I just disagree the two situations are the same.
It was a typo. I meant to say the girls have real jobs. And I agree it isn't the same.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:39 PM
Serene Highness

The phrase "Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex" was used six times in a brief introduction to him and his new role and "Prince Harry" a further time. Just like "DDoS" was all over their Spotify and Netflix announcements. It's noticeable, not just because it's there but because it seems to be used as much as humanly possible.

"Beatrice York" is used just once - as her full name at the top. Her bio doesn't mention her family or title at all. Nor does her Linked In profile.

Do her family connections open doors? Yes. But the York name isn't exactly covered in glory these days so using it doesn't give her much in the way of a specific boost. She would be better off using "Mountbatten-Windsor" for that, so it seems its more about personal choice and because she's built up a professional profile.

If Harry wanted to use Sussex or M-W that's fine, or even Duke of Sussex just once and then "Harry". But what really makes me laugh is that it's clearly his main selling point despite his "Why I'm here" section.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:41 PM
Courtier

The website uses their titles for Harry's new job? But I thought he wasn't going to sell his royal titles.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Harry’s new boss has already stated to the media that Harry prefers to be called Harry at work, and that is what everyone calls him. And going forward I believe that is what both colleagues and clients call him.

As for being completely unqualified for any role in the mental health area, Harry was co founder of Heads Together, met many professionals in the field, and for years has advocated for mental health initiatives especially within the armed forces. His podcast during the Heads Together years caused a bump in people in Britain calling mental health services over their own issues. He was praised by health professionals at the time. No-one can say that mental health hasn’t been at the top of Harry’s endeavours for many years.

And Harry has also interested himself in the field of online misinformation. He’s spoken out about it and made speeches on the subject many times.

Of course companies go for recognised figures. That’s why so many royals are patrons of organisations they often know nothing about. It brings publicity and there’s nothing wrong with that. Nevertheless, the CEO of BetterUp seems to regard Harry as a knowledgeable and enthusiastic new member of his team.
And maybe in the course of conversation he will be called Harry. But if he truly were just going for the “I’m Harry” but he wouldn’t have used his title and style six or seven times on the company website or allowed them to do so.

And interested or involved in mental health as he may be, he proved to the entire world just how vastly unqualified he is to speak about or influence others in their mental health decisions. We’ve rehashed it time and again here. You know perfectly well why we believe he’s so unqualified. And the exact same thing could be said for this “online misinformation” word salad that’s come out today. Since he and his wife are certainly dealing in spreading misinformation I’d think that might actually disqualify him rather than be an argument in his favor.

As for the name recognition, well, sure. Lots of companies go for name recognition. But call a spade a spade. In one reply you argue that he’s gone and gotten himself these important position with multi billion dollar companies as if he’s earned them. In another you’re agreeing that he didn’t earn them and he’s trading on his name. So which is it? I think most people here can pretty clearly agree that definitely didn’t earn those spots and he’s 100% trading on his titles.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:02 PM
Majesty

well he has earned them in the sense that they want a name which has just been on TV.. and he needs to be seen working....
Old 03-24-2021, 07:02 PM
Majesty

As has sometimes been inferred with Beatrice and Eugenie, both things can be true. Someone in a software company could be qualified to the eyeballs but lose out to a Princess with a well known name and links to the BRF. Both things are regarded as valuable. And if BetterUp gains an enthusiastic team member with name recognition that is a win win situation for them.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think we may be overlooking something here when it comes to Harry and his new positions with companies. Archewell. That's a connection that companies like to be able to say they're affiliated with and foundations thrive on the support of corporations. It all fits together. Somehow, someway, Archewell may be involved in an incentive to fight disinformation.

So all things may tie together. I'm not saying this is so but, to me, it's possible that this is what we'll see going down the road.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
As has sometimes been inferred with Beatrice and Eugenie, both things can be true. Someone in a software company could be qualified to the eyeballs but lose out to a Princess with a well known name and links to the BRF. Both things are regarded as valuable. And if BetterUp gains an enthusiastic team member with name recognition that is a win win situation for them.
Just because this career move of Harry's is a 100% name recognition, there is no need to drag the girls into it. Nothing wrong with what Harry is doing. You have 5o use what you have and I don't know what he could do. He isn't educated and, as far as we know, shows no creative talent.

As for Beatrice and Eugenie. Beatrice has a degree. Lots of people don't work in their degree area. She also did loads of internships at fancy companies for a good bit. Pervue of the wealthy being able to gain experience that way.

Eugenie has always worked in her area.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post

It is a PR / promotion job. Companies hire celebrities for that, especially in America.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think we may be overlooking something here when it comes to Harry and his new positions with companies. Archewell. That's a connection that companies like to be able to say they're affiliated with and foundations thrive on the support of corporations. It all fits together. Somehow, someway, Archewell may be involved in an incentive to fight disinformation.

So all things may tie together. I'm not saying this is so but, to me, it's possible that this is what we'll see going down the road.
|Why doesn't he just concentrate on making money, and leave off the attempts to be "doing good" and relevant and so on? he has to earn a living.. there's nothing wrong in that.. and when you are starting at his age and need a LOT of money, its quite hard to make a start and work enough to bring in the money. I always thought that when he got into the "real world" he would find it a LOT harder than he imagined, to get the money rolling in.. if he wasn't prepared to liv on the fortune he already had. And I think that he HAS found it a lot more difficult and barely knows where to start or realises how much he'll have to do to bring in the dollars.

If he wants to "do good", do it as a spare time activity.. Write a cheque for a charity, donate things to auctions, do a marathon.. but the truth is he left to earn a living. He has a large house to pay for and he needs the shekels.. so find some commercial job, where his name will get him noticed and he'll be paid.....and don't mix it all up with charity work
Old 03-24-2021, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Archwell is a nothing foundation at the moment. With a big words website, a couple of donations and a podcast. I mean it hasn't done anything. Although I see these jobs as an indication that Archewell isn't going to be doing much but donating money and making stuff.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:

What connection? What Archewell? What have Harry and Meghan done with this foundation except for putting up a website and having a famous employee leave? Right now, Archewell is a startup charity created by two people who have made it clear that they are desperate for cash and nothing more. It isn't a big name that's going to get loads of good publicity.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:26 PM
Majesty

That’s a prediction about a foundation that has only just been set up. Nobody and that includes all posters here knows what Archewell will achieve in the future.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Strictly speaking, although Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses, they have still kept the York appellation, whereas if they really wanted to drop their links to royalty they wouldn?t be ?of York? at all, but would be Mrs Brooksbank and Mrs Mapelli Mozzi.

But any criticism will do where Harry?s concerned, won?t it? After all, Harry has gone around since boyhood insisting on his royal titles being used in all circumstances hasnt he? When he was at the Travelyst conference last year he said ?Just call me Harry? and was mocked in the media for that. So what does the media want?

The fact is that since they left GB Harry and Meghan have signed mult-million deals with Netflix and Spotify, and bought their own house in California. Harry has just got himself two good paid jobs with large multi-billion mental health operations. All in a little over a year.

And it?s still not enough for the British media and Sussex detractors who work themselves up into a lather because this couple are succeeding in the US and moving on. The attitude seems to be ?Oh No! These two can?t possibly be successes in the US. They?ve got to be crying and grovelling and begging to come back to the royal round and the UK, otherwise we are going to be proved wrong!? ‘

Well, I’m not among that number. I think that Harry and Meghan have done spectacularly well in establishing themselves in California and I wish them all the best in their endeavours in the future.
Absolutely agree. They are doing what the rest of the continental European Royal Families are doing - if you're not the heir, and thus a "career" is already paved, you need to find your own path.

If the British media had not propagated the hate toward them, and the BRF actually put their foot down, stood up for both Catherine and Meghan and had proper Rules of Engagement drafted between them and the media - like so many other Royal Household, Harry and Meghan would have not felt so compelled to leave the UK and conducted the interview.

Harry and Meghan are doing exactly what they said - moving on. It's time the media do the same
Old 03-24-2021, 07:39 PM
Gentry

(Re: Harry's bosses say he says to call him Harry at work)

It would be quite shocking if Harry went by his titles at the office. He works in America now. We do not have a peerage, so no one is going to address him as "Your Grace". And especially in that type of office, it would be really unbelievable if Harry wanted to be addressed by anything other than Harry. And I really cannot imagine a scenario in which Harry would be able to demand that clients call him anything but Harry.

I don't personally care if he uses his title, but he absolutely had to approve his own bio on the company's website. So he must personally be okay with what the wording was ("Duke of Sussex").

I'm sorry, but I've worked in that industry. Harry's bio wasn't put out for the world to see without his explicit approval first. I'm neutral on including his Dukedom in his bio, but this wasn't against his wishes.

Closed Thread