The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1601  
Old 03-22-2021, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I do not understand why this information was shared at all - when I watched the talk show it seemed she was answering a question from Oprah. It seems to be part of a conversation that the rest has been edited out. So it is rather disjointed and not attached to anyone.
Personally I thought there might be someone in it - but I was told that this group it is illegal. So why mention it - I think Meghan likes the idea of pulling the wool of the press and the palaces eyes - she likes thinking that she is the smarter person in the room. She likes these little intrigues. Why share a private moment with Oprah, especially the words used - "No one else knows that" Did Oprah ask for other secrets? what was the original discussions?
Meghan believes she is a smart woman - that aside -between her and her advisors she is not as smart as she believes.
No she isn't but she is good at speeches and has a lot of confidence. I really did think she was a very intelligent woman and then I watched this interview and it disabused me. Word on the street was that she was great at her public engagements. She was always well prepared and new her stuff. I figured what a clever, organised lady. Well obviously not.
__________________

  #1602  
Old 03-22-2021, 04:55 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
No she isn't but she is good at speeches and has a lot of confidence. I really did think she was a very intelligent woman and then I watched this interview and it disabused me. Word on the street was that she was great at her public engagements. She was always well prepared and new her stuff. I figured what a clever, organised lady. Well obviously not.
That's not her being organised, or clever that's her staff preparing her...
__________________

  #1603  
Old 03-22-2021, 04:58 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't think anyone would care if they hadn't given a two hour interview about how they are victims.
I agree.

I also think that, given more time, Harry and Meghan could have worked out a way to stay as working members with a new slant. They could have enjoyed many stays in Commonwealth countries supporting many important initiatives which help many people. Perhaps Meghan underestimated how difficult it was to not express her opinion. I think royal life was not a happy fit and no one wants someone to stay and be miserable.
  #1604  
Old 03-22-2021, 04:59 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Meghan spoke about that moment, and I believe it was the moment she believed they were truly married in their hearts.

However, Harry didn’t ‘blurt out’ anything about the blessing in the garden. He also wasn’t there when Meghan talked about Archie and the skin colour conversation(s) with Harry during her pregnancy, though I do happen to believe that there were remarks about the coming baby from a member of the family, and a certain former senior royal might well be the one.

It seems to me that far too often here things that Meghan confided to Oprah are imputed to Harry as if he also said them.

Harry came in towards the end of the interview, imparted what the relationship was like with his family (father and brother) the financial cut off and the Netflix/Spotify ‘streaming’ solutions, the system at the Palace when he wasn’t allowed to see his grandmother for urgent talks, stated that he had a conversation with a member of his family about the possible skin colour of future children which took him aback, and that was about it for anything earth shattering.
You're right, of course; that particular piece of blurting was all Meghan's, and I did say that earlier in the post and in a previous one. I try to be careful to distinguish between what Meghan says and what Harry says, and I should have been careful to say "she" not "they".
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #1605  
Old 03-22-2021, 05:00 AM
cathy50's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Salta, Argentina
Posts: 114
After all these new lies, bad behaviour, acting, stupidity, immaturity again!,
I do ask myself how anybody can still think positive about them, believe anything they say, write or air somehow using friends....

Seriously, can someone explain how this works in the US, are their polls about this?
Thank you.

We all know this is a question of educational background very much,
it is surely a special group of people watching Oprah or trash tv, this is the same maybe in every country. But H&M try to gain money for their foundation, those people watching&believing the interview are surely not those who will or can donate much money to them. So what is the idea behind the interview, beside revenge, mental sickness...?
Do they want to create a base of potential viewers for the coming netflix stuff?

I am not much into the US society, maybe someone can ry to explain?
Though I do not consider those two being very bright, after all the negative effects their actions had in the past, one should think they hired some advisors since, but what on earth did those intend with the interview?

Thanks!

And I, too, do believe that bringing an archbishop in such a situation is even worse than anything they did before or can do in the future. They seem to feel really no limits at all.
Unfortunately too little people are still close to church that this would bring them up against the couple.
But surely anybody with a rest if brain will distance themselves from the couple, one never knows what is next. I hope noone gives them a single dime!
  #1606  
Old 03-22-2021, 05:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I do not understand why this information was shared at all - when I watched the talk show it seemed she was answering a question from Oprah. It seems to be part of a conversation that the rest has been edited out. So it is rather disjointed and not attached to anyone.
Personally I thought there might be someone in it - but I was told that this group it is illegal. So why mention it - I think Meghan likes the idea of pulling the wool of the press and the palaces eyes - she likes thinking that she is the smarter person in the room. She likes these little intrigues. Why share a private moment with Oprah, especially the words used - "No one else knows that" Did Oprah ask for other secrets? what was the original discussions?
Meghan believes she is a smart woman - that aside -between her and her advisors she is not as smart as she believes.
I guess there was a thread of conversation about their wedding before it.

It's possible there *was* something in it, that for some reason the ABC did allow them to talk him into performing the full marriage ceremony twice - once without witnesses which makes it illegal and is designed to prevent talk about secret weddings. And then again "faking it" for the world (including witnesses) which makes a mockery of the vows and declaration and gets him in a LOT of trouble. And she didn't realise that.

I don't think it's likely but its a possibility.

The other one where it was either a vow rehearsal with a blessing afterwards or they wrote personalised vows with him there is more likely. If she had just said "we wrote vows to each other and he talked to us and blessed us and we celebrate that moment as special for us" there would be less of a problem.

I think she did like the idea of telling people that the big wedding was "just a spectacle" even though they didn't *have* to have it quite so big if they didn't want. Whilst the public would have been disappointed they could have gone smaller.

I do get that there was a lot of crazy going on before their wedding but this just seems another something it would have been way better to keep private.
  #1607  
Old 03-22-2021, 05:13 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I agree.

I also think that, given more time, Harry and Meghan could have worked out a way to stay as working members with a new slant. They could have enjoyed many stays in Commonwealth countries supporting many important initiatives which help many people. Perhaps Meghan underestimated how difficult it was to not express her opinion. I think royal life was not a happy fit and no one wants someone to stay and be miserable.
but that wasn't what they wanted. They wanted to be free to be able to go away when they liked, make money (however they did it), express themselves on politics (Meghan at least did this ) and generally then come back and do a bit of royal work when they wanted to, in order to keep their image of "royalty" before the public. I don't think that Meghan wanted to spend periods of time in commonwealth countries, she wanted the US of A. I dont think that "helping poeple" was all that high on their agenda really...it was helping themselves to a glamourous comfortable life..wihtout the dull duties and restrictions of royal duty.
  #1608  
Old 03-22-2021, 05:16 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I guess there was a thread of conversation about their wedding before it.

It's possible there *was* something in it, that for some reason the ABC did allow them to talk him into performing the full marriage ceremony twice - once without witnesses which makes it illegal and is designed to prevent talk about secret weddings. And then again "faking it" for the world (including witnesses) which makes a mockery of the vows and declaration and gets him in a LOT of trouble. And she didn't realise that.

I don't think it's likely but its a possibility.

The other one where it was either a vow rehearsal with a blessing afterwards or they wrote personalised vows with him there is more likely. If she had just said "we wrote vows to each other and he talked to us and blessed us and we celebrate that moment as special for us" there would be less of a problem.

I think she did like the idea of telling people that the big wedding was "just a spectacle" even though they didn't *have* to have it quite so big if they didn't want. Whilst the public would have been disappointed they could have gone smaller.

I do get that there was a lot of crazy going on before their wedding but this just seems another something it would have been way better to keep private.
Im sure it wasn't a rehearsal. Of course they'd have rehearsals but with a lot of people present at the chapel..not in a back garden. Perhaps they were talking about the wedding and said that they had private vows they wanted to say to each other and he humoured them by letting them do ths and gave them his blessing.. but I'm sure he never imagined that they would claim this as a wedding or publicize it...
  #1609  
Old 03-22-2021, 05:21 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Actually I don’t think that was the original idea. I’ve said this in here before, but COVID basically hurt them beyond measure. They wanted to build their “brand” and start making lots of money and they knew they had to do it while they were still hot commodities. That’s the reasoning behind the initial half in, half out idea. They know celebrity is fickle and doing part time Royal duties (glamorous ones only) would ensure they remained in the spotlight indefinitely.

COVID changed all. The pandemic has forced people to see celebrities worldwide in a different, a much less favorable, light. People have moved on from H&M as well and that has significantly impacted the opportunities available to them. Meanwhile, there’s massive bills to pay and very little money coming in. They’re bitter and panicking and that, along with some hope that they could get positive PR to get some new doors to open, resulted in the interview. Unfortunately for them, as we heard from Gayle King, that’s hasn’t opened up the BRF’s deep pockets. It remains to be seen if they’re able to use their victim narrative to make some desperately needed money from other sources.
Perhaps you're right. All the same, I htink that Harry, perhaps being more naive than Meghan DID think that Dad would continue to pay for him and if they earned more money that would be so much extra jam. But I get a vibe of Harry thinking "But Im a prince. I dont need to earn money. I dont know how to earn money. Dad pays for me and the taxpayer.. " .
It does seem as if they perhaps had intended to stay in Canada for longer but when the Canadian border was closing and the Can's said they wouldn't pay security any more, THEN they panicked and hurried to LA to live in a house belonging to someone they didn't even know... and then a bit later, they make the Netflix deal. If they were "organised" with a plan to earn their living abroad, why was it all so rushed? Perhaps too, they had planned to do speeches and of course the sppeches had to be postponed, or they realised that the speeches might not be a steady source of income?

And maybe Meghan by then had also gotten the idea that as a princess, she too had a right to be supported indefinitely by Charles so she also thought "we can make our own money but there's no big hurry on that, as Charles will pay for us.. he's got millions, and H is a prince and doesn't have a clue about business deals or getting work...". I can see her thinking that as C was giving them around £2M a year, he could just go on doing that, and didn't realise that in C's mind, that's tied to his supporting them in their royal work...
  #1610  
Old 03-22-2021, 05:32 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im sure it wasn't a rehearsal. Of course they'd have rehearsals but with a lot of people present at the chapel..not in a back garden. Perhaps they were talking about the wedding and said that they had private vows they wanted to say to each other and he humoured them by letting them do ths and gave them his blessing.. but I'm sure he never imagined that they would claim this as a wedding or publicize it...
Yes but someone from Lambeth Palace muddied those waters by claiming it *was* a rehearsal a couple of weeks ago, among a couple of "explanations" of "just a ritual" from Sussex sources. Which begged the question "was Meghan really that "'confused'" or did he allow them to think it was real or say it was? Or did she just think "married three days before" sounded good in that moment?

I'm sure he never thought it would come up like this. I don't always agree with him but I do think he's a sincere and highly educated man who knows conducting two weddings one invalid and other "fake vows" could cause a lot of problems.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Yes, you are right, now that I think about it. Why do think the Archbishop refusing to comment, I am now suspicious of the baptism as well, how long does it take to be converted into COE?
I assume that happened and everything was fine and apparently Prince Charles was present for that among others. There's no set course like RCIA or period you have to wait if your vicar or Archbishop thinks you're ready. They probably had a few meetings and classes and went ahead.
  #1611  
Old 03-22-2021, 05:38 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,125
I doubt if he "let them think it was real". It was probably a rehearsal in a loose sense.. (Not a big formal one) but perhaps a talk a few days before the wedding where they went over things one more time.. and they said that they had these "vows" they wanted to recite.. and he went along with it.. IMO he shouldn't have.. but he was probably aware that Meghan was new to the C of E and was trying to be nice to her and let her have her little bit of a "private loving moment" and then he gave them his blessing...which he thought of as the important bit... Of course it would never occur to him that she'd go prattling about what was meant to be a private moment, in the middle of an interview where she made a lot of false statements.... and now without openly calling her a liar, he can't say anyting direct...
  #1612  
Old 03-22-2021, 06:33 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 67
I highly applaud this initiative by the BRF.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nisation-plans
  #1613  
Old 03-22-2021, 06:53 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
Yes, it is, and such a strange coincidence that it should happen now. Of course it didn’t have anything to do with the aftermath of the Oprah interview and Meghan’s comments, lol!
  #1614  
Old 03-22-2021, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
I highly applaud this initiative by the BRF.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...nisation-plans
Here is the original source of the story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ity-drive.html

Note that the communication from the "royal source" states that "the work to do this has been under way for some time now" and has the "full support of the family", so perhaps this qualifies as general British Royal Family news rather than Sussex news?
  #1615  
Old 03-22-2021, 06:59 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,794
I would think that someone "talked" about need for diversity training way before the advent of Meghan but never considered racism a part of the programme, safe in the belief that they were"above" all that sort of thing.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1616  
Old 03-22-2021, 07:33 AM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Actually, I don't understand why it was such a difficult concept for her to grasp. Plenty of American businesses have limitations on what their employees can accept as free gifts for just doing their job, ie kickbacks. I work in home lending (have worked for several major banking corporations) and we have strict limits on how much we can accept or give as gifts for doing our part in facilitating a loan through the process. I am quite sure that many other industries have similar limits on kickbacks. Granted, Meghan was not in one of those industries, but surely she knows plenty of people from before she met Harry who have jobs in industries or government where kickbacks aren't allowed. I don't really have any sympathy for her being upset that she can't accept free clothing and accessories, trips, etc, just because she is a working royal.
Because celebrities can accept freebies and there's no problem in that. And she thought about royal family in celebrity category, not public servants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I fully and completely agree with you. However, I also really believe this is just another instance of Meghan not understanding, not realizing, and not even really caring that by throwing out what she considers a little personal tidbit to make them look personable and oh so down to earth, she totally threw the AoC under the bus. I honestly think she believed she was just “giving the people the personal tidbit they wanted” and probably didn’t even realize just how bad this made the AoC look or how much it called him and his position into question.
(And also of Meghan not understanding how things work in the Church of England, a church she joined consciously, as an adult )

I honestly don't think they care about that. She just wanted that "oooh" reaction from the people, wanted to paint herself as someone who doesn't care about the pomp and pageantry, just fell in love with a Prince. And if she had to throw someone under the bus for it, well, but it made her look good for a minute or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Maybe it's just me but I got the feeling that with making the statement about their "wedding" three days before the "spectacle for the world", it almost sounded like telling the world that what they witnessed didn't matter. It was all a dog and pony show because they were already married. Dunno. It was just weird to me.
I think it was in a part to make them look so down to earth and normal, and the second as a dig to British public "I didn't need that, I did it for you" kind of thing. Well, maybe if they were already married by that point, they should give back all of the public money that was spent on their "fake wedding"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Yes but someone from Lambeth Palace muddied those waters by claiming it *was* a rehearsal a couple of weeks ago, among a couple of "explanations" of "just a ritual" from Sussex sources. Which begged the question "was Meghan really that "'confused'" or did he allow them to think it was real or say it was? Or did she just think "married three days before" sounded good in that moment?

I'm sure he never thought it would come up like this. I don't always agree with him but I do think he's a sincere and highly educated man who knows conducting two weddings one invalid and other "fake vows" could cause a lot of problems.
That's why I think the Archbishop of Canterbury should just make a statement. Because right now we have Meghan's comments that they were married, some weird explanation from Lambeth Palace that doesn't really make sense and the wedding certificate dating 19th of May, 2018. What is funny to me, they just offered the press a golden egg - whenever things get boring, they could write long articles "is Meghan and Harry's marriage valid", based on the information they provided
  #1617  
Old 03-22-2021, 07:43 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 348
Great. Now we have the AoC fully dragged into the mud Meghan has been so joyfully slinging around. Good on her. Lovely woman.

I wonder if we're going to have a leak on this. I suppose not. Meghan only authorizes her friends to run their big mouths on important issues, namely how she obsessively keeps a paper trail (with leaks of fabricated "evidence* from Meghan to Omid) and what a victim she is because the RF doesn't want to speak to her after her latest bout of mudslinging. Putting the AoC in an untenable position? Why, it doesn't matter! All that matters is that she looked so innocent and doe-eyed, sharing her special moment and the great sacrifice she made for the masses. She lowered herself to the level of a spectacle because they wanted a royal wedding while Meghan, the poor lamb, only wanted a private ceremony.

The irony is, I don't believe she wanted to create problems for the Archbishop. She just wanted to look cute, endearing and down to earth. But she did and in a typical Meghan style, it's never her fault. She never admits to a mistake, except for her ridiculous explanation that she would have apologised, just like Catherine did, if she had *hurt* someone. Which, of course, could never happen to the Bridezilla of the Hurt Feelings.

She now has the chance to practice what she said she would have done but of course, she hasn't done it this far.

Not an ounce of understanding for anyone else's plight.

Of course she didn't think it was a legal wedding. She just said it to sound endearing, probably not even realizing that she was creating problems.
  #1618  
Old 03-22-2021, 07:49 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
That's not her being organised, or clever that's her staff preparing her...
Oh, but I thought the consensus here was that Meghan never took any notice of staff!

I also read several times that on engagements Meghan was ready with questions that showed she knew her stuff, had researched and studied subjects that were discussed at meetings and was very accomplished at speeches. These things were reported in the first months of her time in the Royal Family, before the royal reporters turned against her.
  #1619  
Old 03-22-2021, 07:52 AM
Claire's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Here is the original source of the story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ity-drive.html

Note that the communication from the "royal source" states that "the work to do this has been under way for some time now" and has the "full support of the family", so perhaps this qualifies as general British Royal Family news rather than Sussex news?
Regardless of if this was started in the reign of Queen Victoria - Meghan, Oprah and Gayle King would consider it Martin Luther King moment for themselves.
  #1620  
Old 03-22-2021, 07:56 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Oh, but I thought the consensus here was that Meghan never took any notice of staff!

I also read several times that on engagements Meghan was ready with questions that showed she knew her stuff, had researched and studied subjects that were discussed at meetings and was very accomplished at speeches. These things were reported in the first months of her time in the Royal Family, before the royal reporters turned against her.
I think they would all say that about her now. And have done only recently.

Regardless whether staff did the research. She still read it and prepared. It is very sad that it d9dnt work out.

But you know there were many many things that didn't mesh. The world of royals just want for her.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor baby names baptism birth britain britannia british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china chinese clarence house cpr dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex earl of snowdon general news thread george vi gradenigo hello! hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs jewellery kensington palace king edward vii list of rulers luxembourg meghan markle monarchy mountbatten names nepalese royal family pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen louise resusci anne royal jewels royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon sussex swedish queen thailand thai royal family tradition uae customs united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×