The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

They do donate large sums of money to excellent causes , which I think is more philanthropy rather than royal duties.
Royal duties are the visits to various locations, some quite small, foreign tours, meeting the people. Raising awareness of a cause, thanking people for their efforts. It is not all about donating large sums of money. I have read criticisms of the royals on other forums because a few hundred people turned up to see them but a fund raiser raised thousands in Archies name.
If you can , watch the documentary on George V bringing the royals out to the people.
I am not putting the Sussexs down for their work but I am not sure if what they do is royal duties.
Just my opinion but happy to hear other views.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let’s keep the discussion about Harry and Meghan and not turn this into a discussion about what other members post. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2021, 02:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
got it thanks

Meghan said that they were never offered a hospital photocall, does that mean that H&M wanted it and were denied?
I thought the controversy was they were expected to have one? I am curious if this is something that is recommended...or not?
Old 03-20-2021, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

In the end everyone - yes everyone reaps what they sow. If the Sussex's didn't want people talking about them - especially dissecting what they said - they wouldn't have said anything at all.

Especially not so obvious mistruths - The press were informed that the Sussex's would not disclose the hospital and that they would not present the baby to the press. Then they told the press that Meghan was in labor when the baby was already born. There was lots of problems here - the ends and outs of it we will never probably know unless someone's tells us.

I would be more proactive in lauding the good of Meghan and Harry's if it wasn't so obviously PR. A Sunshine Sachs head honcho is the head trustee of the charity. The damage is actually for ceiling board and not the roof, only the ceiling board was damaged when the fire sprinklers froze. That however was not what was reported - it was said that they were replacing the roof and the donation was made to seem a sustainable more then what it is. A local Texas newspaper noted it, but few people in the news made much of it.
There always seems to be something underhanded about what they do. Something always seems odd - off and oily.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:06 PM
Royal Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Thank you, ladongas, you said what I have been trying to say for weeks. And it’s not just the Oprah interview either. Every bit of a story, even from the tabloids about the couple is dissected and criticised while any good they’ve done such as the donation to the women’s refuge in Texas is dismissed in maybe a couple of comments. They don’t do what other royals do. Oh God, how dreadful! Negative opinions and criticism of Harry and Meghan dominate this thread. It makes for very repetitious and boring reading as well.

It was a nice thing for them to help Texas out after the storm. I say that as a Texan. The help was appreciated. Also when AOC raised money and helped.

But- I will say the same thing I said when Alexandria Oscario-Cortez helped- it was also good PR. Because it was. That doesn’t mean they weren’t genuine in their desire to help after a disaster too. I hope they were. But it was good PR. And I suspect that was a factor.

That being said- I’m not sure there’s much else to say. They helped after a disaster.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I have seen you put up many things that they have done. Donated money etc and I have also seen it doesn't get much response but I think that it is just indicative of the fact it isn't that much to be talked about. I mean they gave money. Okay. They won a court case. Okay.

And a lot if what they have done is cringe with bringing the reporters to events they created for themselves. It is a bit cringe.

So in short they really aren't doing much to be talked about...except interviews and war through spokes people. And an inane conversation over who made who cry.
The BRF don’t have to bestir themselves to get reporters to their events. It’s all done for them. The Royal Rota is there to bring publicity to their causes and write accompanying often cloying articles about clothing etc. Part of the ‘you scratch our back we’ll scratch yours’ arrangement Harry spoke of in the interview clips.

If they weren’t there then the RF would be in exactly the same position as the Sussexes are in a new country and having to begin again. They want to donate to causes and make a difference through Archewell. How do you suggest they do that without any publicity? And at least some of what they have done singly and together was publicised on the charities and causes’ own Twitter Pages first as well.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

Quote:
And Harry came out at Windsor and spoke about the birth of Archie and how overjoyed he was.

I really liked that. It was different, but it worked really well IMO.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:12 PM
Serene Highness

I'd also like to point out that when other members of the BRF are said to have given private donations to various charities, relief efforts or commemorations those are often noted here but don't get much attention either. It's not just the Sussexes.

I think it's great when anyone donates time, money or effort to a good cause.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I would be more proactive in lauding the good of Meghan and Harry's if it wasn't so obviously PR. A Sunshine Sachs head honcho is the head trustee of the charity. The damage is actually for ceiling board and not the roof, only the ceiling board was damaged when the fire sprinklers froze. That however was not what was reported - it was said that they were replacing the roof and the donation was made to seem a sustainable more then what it is. A local Texas newspaper noted it, but few people in the news made much of it.
There always seems to be something underhanded about what they do. Something always seems odd - off and oily.
I didn't know that, I really thought it was the whole roof, the way it was blown up by their PR. And now it turns out it was just the ceiling board Smoke and mirros, baby, smoke and mirrors...
Old 03-20-2021, 03:36 PM
Majesty

This article quotes the original Twitter announcement by the charity concerned. It doesn’t mention any ceiling board.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-new...texas-23543459

The shelter wrote: "Today, the news of our damages reached Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex!
"Through their nonprofit, they are supporting us by replacing the roof at our transitional housing facility & helping us meet our immediate needs. THANK YOU, ARCHEWELL FOUNDATION!"
Old 03-20-2021, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

They made a donation that helped practically, while at the same time promoted the cause, well done. double hit.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To me it doesn't matter if it was the ceiling board, the entire roof or just the nails that were needed to do the repairs. The gist is that the Sussexes stepped in where help was badly needed. That's what counts. "Giving back" doesn't have a rank and file where you're a bronze, silver or gold "giver backer" but the only word that matters is "give".
Old 03-20-2021, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Piry that (according to M&H) there was no photoshoot at the hospital offered.
I, for one, was applauding her decision *not* to go and have to stand there, all dolled up, just hours after giving birth.
I think it is an inhumane 'tradition'.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Canadian Ipsos poll on the Meghan and Harry interview and the Royal Family.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7704854/r...n-markle-role/

58% of Canadians back Meghan and believe that she was treated unfairly by the BRF.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The BRF don’t have to bestir themselves to get reporters to their events. It’s all done for them. The Royal Rota is there to bring publicity to their causes and write accompanying often cloying articles about clothing etc. Part of the ‘you scratch our back we’ll scratch yours’ arrangement Harry spoke of in the interview clips.

If they weren’t there then the RF would be in exactly the same position as the Sussexes are in a new country and having to begin again. They want to donate to causes and make a difference through Archewell. How do you suggest they do that without any publicity? And at least some of what they have done singly and together was publicised on the charities and causes’ own Twitter Pages first as well.
Well they can't that's the point. So nobody is really that interested.

Philanthropists do stuff like ted talks of things so maybe they need to look at that.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:09 PM
Majesty

They could just give donations privately, and ask for no publicity when they make a charity donation....
Old 03-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
They could just give donations privately, and ask for no publicity when they make a charity donation....
Good one. Perrier comedy award
Old 03-20-2021, 04:18 PM
Majesty

All Foundations, including BRF ones, need publicity. And that includes Archewell. Charities are exactly the same. Publicity is their lifeblood. Any donation by a person in the public eye brings in more donations. That’s the point of it.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I am always happy to read others thoughts am grateful for this. community ... I think though and this is only me of course, that I see you location is the USA it is hard to understand Monarchy, it's history and the rules around those members of the RF [look at the embarrassment for Princess Alexandra]They may not be evil, in it's true sense of the word in the Oxford Dictionary but they are completed out of line Harry has ruined his own chances of life with a family, your comments are your view these are mine
What was the embarrassment for Princess Alexandra?
Old 03-20-2021, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
What was the embarrassment for Princess Alexandra?
There are quite a few Princess Alexandras. I take it that this one is P ALexandra.. lady Ogilvy....

Closed Thread