The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Hmmmm... So, I'll be the first to observe that Harry is not wearing his mask correctly. What's the point if you're not going to cover up your nose? (I know a bunch of figure skating fans who would scream about how he was endangering the entire world if he was any of a number of well-known Russian skaters or coaches, but that's a topic for another forum, lol...)

With regard to Meghan and her request to "go somewhere" for mental health treatment being denied by "the Institution", you have to wonder how many people at BP/KP aren't looking back thinking "yeah, we should have let her go where she wanted, regardless of security/privacy concerns and let the media chips fall where they would have fallen." I'm sure, no matter how it played out, our Meghan would have found a way to twist and blame "the Institution" for it going badly or being leaked but at least she would have gotten the help she thought would be most beneficial, right?
My educated guess would be that the "institution" (the PTB that arranges this stuff or even Harry's family) would stand on their heads and spit nickels to rush to get her into an inpatient facility without wasting a minute *if* she had a physician (or accredited mental health professional) assess her and deem that this was the method and treatment he/she would prescribe.

I don't believe we're getting the full story on this. Just that she wanted to check in somewhere and was told "no".

Old 03-20-2021, 12:47 AM
Courtier

I'm watching Bill Maher and he just joked that "There's a surge of migrants at the border and we can't take any more migrants who don't want to work. We already have Meghan and Harry". This is the second time he's joked about them. He doesn't like the royal family either.

Old 03-20-2021, 12:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

It really is. I want to be the first one on my block to have a signed chicken!! That chicken will get along famously with the dog, the birds, the squirrels and the possum around here. I think I'll name it.. Fred.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I'm watching Bill Maher and he just joked that "There's a surge of migrants at the border and we can't take any more migrants who don't want to work. We already have Meghan and Harry". This is the second time he's joked about them. He doesn't like the royal family either.
LMAO! That's hilarious.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
What do you mean by ‘public theatre’? The BBC drama department?

I can think of several scenarios where the fact that Meghan was married to Prince Harry could have caused problems. The tabloids would have been constantly after cast and crew members to see whether there were problems on set she worked on a TV show or play. If she was well-liked (as she was on Suits) they would have made something up anyway.

Some cast members in these shows don’t get on and if Meghan was close to one cast member and not another I can see the Sun or Fail getting into that and casting aspersions.

If Meghan went for a film role and didn’t get it the tabloids would follow it and be cock a hoop. If she did get it then there would be assertions that somehow it was undue influence due to who she was.

If she earned a big salary at any time that would be blazoned all over the media. In an ensemble cast, members who didn’t earn as much and could be resentful would be asked to comment.

If Meghan worked for a BBC production in-house the journalists would be scraping around there for gossip. God forbid if she became friendly with a male actor, as she was with a couple in the cast of Suits. If they were seen having lunch together, even with others, the fat would be in the fire, and there would be speculation about her and Harry’s relationship.
The BBC drama department. Not likely. The UK has several largely funded theatres National, RSC who receive public funding and as part of that they have A remit including public outreach and education. She could have worked with this. I mean she wasn't a great actress and not good at all in UK terms. But she could have gone to work behind the scenes on these. I think, in the future, if you are married in you should be able to keep working....with adjustments to her career of course.
The media really wouldn't be i terested. They werent interested in Williams jobs, Beas, Eug.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
The BBC drama department. Not likely. The UK has several largely funded theatres National, RSC who receive public funding and as part of that they have A remit including public outreach and education. She could have worked with this. I mean she wasn't a great actress and not good at all in UK terms. But she could have gone to work behind the scenes on these. I think, in the future, if you are married in you should be able to keep working....with adjustments to her career of course.
The media really wouldn't be i terested. They werent interested in Williams jobs, Beas, Eug.
Harry recommended her for voice overs, she could have found work there.
Seriously once again I am not sure what to believe, did they suggest it as a way to ease her into such a huge life change , was it said light heartedly ,I no longer know what to believe other than there has possibly been a conversation but the context like the others we do not know.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:49 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie carried on working after her marriage, but there were allegations that she was using her connections. If you're in PR, you *do* use your connections: it's the way the industry works, and I think she was criticised unfairly. Then there was all that nasty Fake Sheikh business, and, eventually, she felt obliged to give it up. But no-one makes a fuss about Beatrice and Eugenie's jobs, so maybe we've moved on.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:20 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry has written the foreword to a new book to be distributed in the UK to children who have lost parents. The Hospital on the Hill.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...f0eabfaf8f086c
Old 03-20-2021, 07:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Prince Harry has written the foreword to a new book to be distributed in the UK to children who have lost parents. The Hospital on the Hill.

It is to do with the day of reflection on Monday and it is specifically for children whose parents died on the frontline this year. I don't agree with the day of reflection...too soon and after reading what he wrote I am not sure about that either. There are beautiful books for children suffering bereavement and it needs to be dealt with very sensitively. I am not sure saying there was a hole inside me helps. Perhaps a child psychogist should have structured his words. It is important to be upfront with children about this but the wording is so important. Michael Rosen book about looking his son is fantastic for children as is Paper Dolls and Missing Mummy. Just a few. I mean so am not sure Harry was qualified to do this.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Another egregious thing is that the royal firm allowed the U.K. media to publish reports that it was Meghan and Harry who didn't want to give their son a title, which was not the case.
The Duke and Duchess have never denied that it was their personal choice not to give their son a courtesy title such as Earl of Dumbarton.

Here is the official statement sent to reporters from Buckingham Palace on behalf of the Sussexes in May 2019. It addressed only courtesy titles, not royal titles, as the terms of the 1917 Letters Patent were well-known and reported on in the U.K. media.

“While there are courtesy titles that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex could apply to their son, they have chosen not to give him a “courtesy title” at this time. So he will be known as Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m...-a4137941.html

Apart from Earl of Dumbarton, other courtesy titles which the couple could have chosen to apply to their son are

- Lord Kilkeel (the barony conferred on Prince Harry)
- Lord Mountbatten-Windsor (the traditional courtesy title used by the eldest son of a duke, marquess, or earl who does not hold another peerage of lower rank)
- Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor (the traditional courtesy title of a younger son of a duke)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The usual suspects (York, Kent, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Gloucester) are already taken and Albany or Cumberland are still on the limbo caused by the Titles Deprivation Act 1917.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
...and even with those, Cumberland and Albany still aren't available, so it's just not that simple.
Albany may be available still, as it may have no legally legitimate heirs.

Royal Dukes, Royal Duchies and Royal Ducal Titles
Old 03-20-2021, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

He's arguably the most famous example in the world of someone who lost a parent when they were young. Obviously William did too, but William was that bit older and this book is aimed at younger children.

I think this is a positive thing for Harry to do - and I wish so much that he'd focus on this sort of work rather than on spouting vitriol in interviews. This is the prince he could have been - we've seen so often how good he is with children.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry riding a bicycle in Los Angeles
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_dailymailUK
Old 03-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
T

Here is the official statement sent to reporters from Buckingham Palace on behalf of the Sussexes in May 2019.

“While there are courtesy titles that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex could apply to their son, they have chosen not to give him a “courtesy title” at this time. So he will be known as Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m...-a4137941.html

Apart from Earl of Dumbarton, other courtesy titles which the couple could have chosen to apply to their son are

- Lord Kilkeel (the barony conferred on Prince Harry)
- Lord Mountbatten-Windsor (the traditional courtesy title used by the eldest son of a duke, marquess, or earl who does not hold another peerage of lower rank)
- Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor (the traditional courtesy title of a younger son of a duke)

Albany may be available still, as it may have no legally legitimate heirs.

Royal Dukes, Royal Duchies and Royal Ducal Titles
Thats pretty clear that they were the ones who made an announcement that Archie would not have a courtesy title... so I dont know why they are now complaining that he's not a prince and might never be one. Clearly titles aren't /weren't that important to them...
Old 03-20-2021, 09:21 AM
Courtier

What I don't understand is the following:

When they were dating Harry was perfectly capable of wording a strong letter on the harassment of Meghan. After the engagement he suddenly wasn't able to defend his fiancée/wife? Did he suddenly expect the court to do that task?
Old 03-20-2021, 09:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_sophietje View Post
What I don't understand is the following:

When they were dating Harry was perfectly capable of wording a strong letter on the harassment of Meghan. After the engagement he suddenly wasn't able to defend his fiancée/wife? Did he suddenly expect the court to do that task?
I doubt if he wrote the letter, re Meghan.. prety likely that it was his staff...
Old 03-20-2021, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post

LOL- Thanks for sharing.

I looked up what he said previously- he sure doesn’t!
Old 03-20-2021, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoySetsFire View Post
Is it any less nasty and vindictive as the BRF has been toward her by not correcting the false narrative that was put forth by the British press...

I understand many here are royalists... but as an American woman, I do not understand the need to vilify Meghan.
The BRF has a long history of having “false narratives” being put forth by the press towards them and most recently by Meghan and Harry themselves. Their policy, with few exceptions, has been to ignore and carry on letting their work speak for itself. As an American actress/activist/feminist one would assume that such a woman with press experience would be able to do the same instead of having tantrums, constantly threatening litigation and wracking up obscene legal bills. That isn’t how the BRF conducts themselves.

The only “vindictiveness” is coming from Meghan and Harry who are front and center in the media telling outright lies, making very serious allegations and unreasonable demands. They are damaging the monarchy, insulting the British people and straining British/US relations with the vitriol being spewed by the ignorant US media, celebrities, politicians and citizens who know nothing about how the BRF except what they see in The Crown which is inaccurate and tabloid heavy in portraying real events. And yet even though the BRF are under full on attack, they remain silently dignified and get on with service and duty they have committed their lives to do.

It’s time Harry and Meghan find something less destructive and self serving to put their energy towards and do the same. No one owes them a damned thing.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I doubt if he wrote the letter, re Meghan.. prety likely that it was his staff...
It may have been his staff or a mix of both. However I think the larger point still stands, that he was perfectly capable of putting out a press release defending Meghan before they were married, why couldn't they have done so for other things that bothered them?

It is certainly a bad idea - you'd spend every day putting out attacks on the press and "clarifications" on various stories and any original point it had would get lost in the noise.

But in theory they *could* have. They weren't physically prevented from doing so, just advised against it. Just as they started suing when they were still part of the working BRF, just as they had Tom Bradby follow them around SA and made some ill advised comments about how tough they had it whilst over looking many people who literally had nothing etc.

It seems Meghan wanted (from the leaked email) the "clarification" that Kate was the one who made her cry. And it's pretty damn obvious why that wasn't put out for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Kate being higher in the hierarchy. There have been rumours for years about various "difficult" relationships and even Andrew's not dumb enough to "clarify" that Charles was meaning a meanie not him some of those times.

If we go by Finding Freedom she probably wanted a statement that nothing happened at all, which would be fine - until the next time when one of the papers posted something.

"Royal Migrant Crisis" jokes also seem to have picked up some steam from Coming 2 America being released recently.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
It seems Meghan wanted (from the leaked email) the "clarification" that Kate was the one who made her cry. And it's pretty damn obvious why that wasn't put out for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Kate being higher in the hierarchy. There have been rumours for years about various "difficult" relationships and even Andrew's not dumb enough to "clarify" that Charles was meaning a meanie not him some of those times.

If we go by Finding Freedom she probably wanted a statement that nothing happened at all, which would be fine - until the next time when one of the papers posted something.
It would have been fine until the moment the newspapers grabbed the statement and ran with it - about 3 seconds max.

They wouldn't have just shut up because the BP clarified, now, would they? They would have had a field day picking the statement apart, publicising even more about the issue... whereupon Meghan would have wanted to make it known that Kate was the big bad meanie. In the aftermath, there would have been people like me who think it horrible for anyone to pick upon a woman who was either pregnant with HG or a new mother and consider Meghan petty, unempathetic and simply self-obsessed. (For the record, when the articles first came, I didn't pay much attention, thinking that a HG pregnant woman or a new mother crying was such a non-issue, that anything could have made her cry. My negative opinion on Meghan on this one came with the interview.) And Meghan would have wanted to make it clear that she was the one whose feelings were hurt (so kindergarten!) and who cried. If it's true at all, because I consider Meghan extremely untrustworthy.

There was never not delving deeply into the issue because any statement of the BP would have fed the beast.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
It is to do with the day of reflection on Monday and it is specifically for children whose parents died on the frontline this year. I don't agree with the day of reflection...too soon and after reading what he wrote I am not sure about that either. There are beautiful books for children suffering bereavement and it needs to be dealt with very sensitively. I am not sure saying there was a hole inside me helps. Perhaps a child psychogist should have structured his words. It is important to be upfront with children about this but the wording is so important. Michael Rosen book about looking his son is fantastic for children as is Paper Dolls and Missing Mummy. Just a few. I mean so am not sure Harry was qualified to do this.
When a loved one dies and there are young children, it's very hard for them to wrap their head around the concept of death. I think the more books that are out there for children that can be read or read to them, the better. Harry has just written a foreword and this is a book specific for children who lost a parent on the frontline this past year. My favorite book though that I've given countless times to parents that are grieving is by Dr. Leo Buscalgia "Dr. Love" (professor of special education and motivational speaker) called "The Fall Of Freddy The Leaf". It's written for children specifically to grasp the concept of death.

I don't think its ever too soon to mourn and remember. Here in US, there have been candles lit and remembrances at specific times such as 500,000 deaths etc.

It is kind of sad to see Harry doing something like this and thinking of what could have been. It almost seems in a way that he was handing prime rib and has opted out for hamburger when it comes to making a difference in the world. We all make choices in life and I just hope that Harry's made the one that will make him happy and have a prosperous life.