The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

Meanwhile, Meghan has endured untold abuse and lies that no one in the royal family felt it was necessary to speak out against and nip in the bud as soon as it started. Not even the racist characterization of Archie as a chimp when he was two days old was called out by anyone in the BRF. Had the royal firm made the decision to call out the most egregious attacks, and had they presented a united front publicly from the very beginning of the concerted smear campaign, then things would probably not have escalated to this current state of affairs.
I agree here. It was bad enough that there were horrific and racist names on social media but that it was publicly done warranted a public response from the RF. We have a saying at my hospital organization- what you permit you promote.

Old 03-19-2021, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
But you forget. Meghan was the most trolled person in the world. She said so. She likely doesn't know that the Sussex club even exists. She only knows that everyone online hates her, although she doesn't read social media
And they were thanked in the book.

Old 03-19-2021, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
And they were thanked in the book.
Really? By Omid Scobie? That's repulsive.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:14 PM
Nobility

I've been waiting to hear from Meghan and Harry how they're going to sue the latest people besmirching her reputation - Jason Knauf and the rest of the people accusing her of bullying. She knows at leas two names - Knauf's and the woman she gossiped with Janina about, telling her that she had had her fired for gross misconduct.

This far, there's only been silence. No running commentary from Gayle on this, alas.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

That was the other thing I noticed that they incident they refuted was the making Kate cry didn't mention tiaragate or what happened at the Polo.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I've been waiting to hear from Meghan and Harry how they're going to sue the latest people besmirching her reputation - Jason Knauf and the rest of the people accusing her of bullying. She knows at leas two names - Knauf's and the woman she gossiped with Janina about, telling her that she had had her fired for gross misconduct.

This far, there's only been silence. No running commentary from Gayle on this, alas.
I hope that they've been advised that demanding BP had over the "evidence" in an investigation that actually has nothing to do with her but is about how employees need to be protected from bullying members of the family in the future is the wrong call.

That employees need to have guarantee that they can speak to the independent investigators without fear of Gayle or Janina suddenly screaming that they are liars, terrible people and terrible employees at the top of their lungs on breakfast television.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
See, this is why I get so confused about Harry and Meghan. On one hand, they are supposedly strong and independent, on the other hand, they need to be protected at all cost and be financially supported by his father. On one hand, they said that "The Institution" is racist, on the other hand, they keep referring to themselves as "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex", a title that was given to them by said institution. Their words and actions simply don't match, they really should pick ONE narrative and stick with it.
This is what confuses me too. I really don't know what is their deal. I think they want the benefits of being royals without having the cons that come with it.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

That employees need to have guarantee that they can speak to the independent investigators without fear of Gayle or Janina suddenly screaming that they are liars, terrible people and terrible employees at the top of their lungs on breakfast television.
Neither Gayle nor Janina did any of those terrible things. It's one thing to dislike the couple for whatever reason but another thing to fictitiously make accusations against the couple's supporters in an effort to make Harry & Meghan look like villains!
Old 03-19-2021, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
There's no reason to disbelieve the conversations that Harry relayed during the Oprah interview, regardless of 'recollections varying' by whomever. There's no way specific and multiple conversations of that nature, said to have transpired both before and after M&H were wed, can be misunderstood.
There's quite a few reasons to disbelieve it. First, Meghan either deliberately misrepresented or hugely misunderstood the legal effect of her pre-wedding exchange of vows with Harry. Second, even if the conversation about the baby's skin tone happened exactly the way Meghan said it did, it's still easy enough to verify that it wasn't the reason for decisions about titles and security, so that's another huge misrepresentation or misunderstanding on her part. Third, it's not even clear what Meghan is claiming happened. First she said that there were multiple conversations during her pregnancy, with the clear (and probably deliberate) implication that those multiple conversations were all between her and relatives commenting about the baby's skin tone. Later Harry, seemingly horrified that it had been brought up at all, said it was one comment made to him when they first started dating, that he later passed on to Meghan. The multiple conversations had been between Meghan and Harry, all regarding this one conversation Harry had with someone else 1-2 years previously - which is yet another huge misrepresentation on Meghan's part. Knowing all of that, it would be foolish to take anything she said at face value, especially regarding a conversation she only heard about secondhand.

Notwithstanding any questions about Meghan's honesty and accuracy, I think that context makes it even less likely that it was racist or at all offensive for one other reason. According to Meghan, Harry knew she was suicidal at that time. Are we supposed to believe that he thought it would be a good idea to tell his suicidal pregnant wife "Just FYI, my great aunt Duchess So-And-So told me two years ago that she'd never speak to me again if I had a brown baby"? Even if that conversation with Duchess So-And-So had happened, passing it on to Meghan at that point would only have needlessly upset her. Why on earth would he have done that? The only explanation that makes sense here is that Harry perceived the comment as innocent, and expected Meghan to see it the same way, and then she didn't. That doesn't mean she was wrong to feel differently about it, but it couldn't have been all that bad.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Neither Gayle nor Janina did any of those terrible things. It's one thing to dislike the couple for whatever reason but another thing to fictitiously make accusations against the couple's supporters in an effort to make Harry & Meghan look like villains!
I know they haven't done that yet. But they have gone on Breakfast TV to give an update on private family conversations designed yet again to paint Meghan as the victim which was the opposite of helpful. And also to share Meghan and Harry's complaints that people were focusing on the wrong thing or to keep reiterating that "Meghan has proof of all this!" Patrick J Adams has taken to social media to call the bullying allegations complete lies when he wasn't ever in that office environment and doesn't know Meghan as an employer.

From Meghan's previous "demands" for BP to hand over the evidence, the interview itself and her friends' willingness to be official leakers for the couple it's not a huge step at all to think that if BP did ever hand over their employees statements that either Meghan or one of her friends/spokespeople would suddenly appear on TV to yell about them. Is it?
Old 03-19-2021, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Didn't Janina say one of them had been fired for "gross misconduct"? I remember wondering how she knew that, unless Meghan and Harry already know the names of those making the accusations. I know she said they were lying, and since it seems unlikely that she'd have observed the events at issue, I think we can safely conclude that she's just being Meghan's mouthpiece here. I don't know what sort of contracts they all had to sign, but if staff were required to sign an NDA that prevented them from publicly gossiping about or badmouthing their employers, I think it's only fair for the employers to be held to the same standards.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
There's quite a few reasons to disbelieve it. First, Meghan either deliberately misrepresented or hugely misunderstood the legal effect of her pre-wedding exchange of vows with Harry. Second, even if the conversation about the baby's skin tone happened exactly the way Meghan said it did, it's still easy enough to verify that it wasn't the reason for decisions about titles and security, so that's another huge misrepresentation or misunderstanding on her part. Third, it's not even clear what Meghan is claiming happened. First she said that there were multiple conversations during her pregnancy, with the clear (and probably deliberate) implication that those multiple conversations were all between her and relatives commenting about the baby's skin tone. Later Harry, seemingly horrified that it had been brought up at all, said it was one comment made to him when they first started dating, that he later passed on to Meghan. The multiple conversations had been between Meghan and Harry, all regarding this one conversation Harry had with someone else 1-2 years previously - which is yet another huge misrepresentation on Meghan's part. Knowing all of that, it would be foolish to take anything she said at face value, especially regarding a conversation she only heard about secondhand.

Notwithstanding any questions about Meghan's honesty and accuracy, I think that context makes it even less likely that it was racist or at all offensive for one other reason. According to Meghan, Harry knew she was suicidal at that time. Are we supposed to believe that he thought it would be a good idea to tell his suicidal pregnant wife "Just FYI, my great aunt Duchess So-And-So told me two years ago that she'd never speak to me again if I had a brown baby"? Even if that conversation with Duchess So-And-So had happened, passing it on to Meghan at that point would only have needlessly upset her. Why on earth would he have done that? The only explanation that makes sense here is that Harry perceived the comment as innocent, and expected Meghan to see it the same way, and then she didn't. That doesn't mean she was wrong to feel differently about it, but it couldn't have been all that bad.

I still think that Harry actually did divulge the question, at least that's what it seems like to me.

Oprah: Like what will the baby look like?
Harry: Yeah, what will the kids look like. But that was right at the beginning when she wasn't gonna get security, when members of my family were suggesting that she carries on acting because there's not enough money to pay for her.

This also debunks Meghan's claim that she gave up her career for the Royal Family and that it was a big sacrifice. Apparently she wouldn't have had to.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I know they haven't done that yet. But...
The issues should be discussed for what they are, not what you *think* or *hope* they will be. Neither Gayle nor Janina went on television "screaming from the top of their lungs" that the staff were "terrible employees"..etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
Didn't Janina say one of them had been fired for "gross misconduct"? I remember wondering how she knew that, unless Meghan and Harry already know the names of those making the accusations. I know she said they were lying, and since it seems unlikely that she'd have observed the events at issue, I think we can safely conclude that she's just being Meghan's mouthpiece here. I don't know what sort of contracts they all had to sign, but if staff were required to sign an NDA that prevented them from publicly gossiping about or badmouthing their employers, I think it's only fair for the employers to be held to the same standards.
I definitely think that Janina is definitely Meghan's mouthpiece how else would she know about the emails and text messages that Meghan has "as evidence"? I agree about the NDA going both ways, but in the same breath there has been numerous leaked stories about Meghan's reportedly bullying of staff and causing them to leave over the last 2-3 years.
IIRC the story of the gross misconduct was supposedly of a nanny that was fired in the middle of the night.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Eleanor View Post
I still think that Harry actually did divulge the question, at least that's what it seems like to me.

Oprah: Like what will the baby look like?
Harry: Yeah, what will the kids look like. But that was right at the beginning when she wasn't gonna get security, when members of my family were suggesting that she carries on acting because there's not enough money to pay for her.

This also debunks Meghan's claim that she gave up her career for the Royal Family and that it was a big sacrifice. Apparently she wouldn't have had to.
I wonder if that wasn't a tongue-in-cheek comment about her penchant for designer clothes and private jets. If it was a serious comment, it's interesting to think about how that could have worked. It sounds pretty close to the half-in, half-out arrangement they later decided they wanted.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Im willing to bet this is what it going to turn out to be. She wanted residential treatment but the mental professionals she saw did not think it was necessary
I am going to say based on having worked 2 years in the insurance industry, volunteering 3 years at a hospital and having been through many years of therapy myself as well as watching many others go through treatment for a variety of mental health issues mental health professionals ALWAYS prefer to treat people outpatient first. No matter how posh an inpatient facility is they are still deemed as more disruptive, aggressive and intrusive into a person's life.

Mental health professionals will of course send people to these facilities or recommend they go but honestly I have never heard of anyone recommending it as a first step because no matter what people think even the nicest most posh of these places are not vacations. They're usually places that plunge you really deeply into intensive therapy.

I've seen people I thought were in VERY bad shape told they didn't need to go into inpatient facilities and they would be MUCH better off seeking outpatient care. The thing is I think many people are in a bad place so they think the only way off the ledge is inpatient care without understanding what it really is forget the potential of press finding out if you happen to be famous.

Now we don't know what happened with Meghan but I still SERIOUSLY doubt anyone would have denied her care. I do completely believe someone would have told her no on the inpatient facility because that's what any reasonable mental healthcare professional would have done prior to assessing her.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I definitely think that Janina is definitely Meghan's mouthpiece how else would she know about the emails and text messages that Meghan has "as evidence"? I agree about the NDA going both ways, but in the same breath there has been numerous leaked stories about Meghan's reportedly bullying of staff and causing them to leave over the last 2-3 years.
IIRC the story of the gross misconduct was supposedly of a nanny that was fired in the middle of the night.
A nanny isn't a member of the palace staff, as far as I know. And anyway, if I get it right, the story in the Times is about the people Jason Knauf wrote the supposed leaked email about in the late 2018. At the time, Meghan was still newly pregnant, so no nanny. Unless I misremember.

A NDA should go both ways. And a leak that is supposed to be from the palace staff is just that - a leak from an unnamed palace staff, if not an outright tabloid fabrication. It's another cup of beer when a friend authorized to speak by the employer's side waves a "gross misconduct" claim around. In the first case, someone might have been indiscreet. In the second, Meghan *definitely* was.

It isn't an understandable indiscretion either. She wasn't quietly warning a friend who might have been willing to hire her ex-employee without knowing that she was about to hire someone untrustworthy. It was just unethical and Janina made it clear for the world, even if it wasn't illegal. When people don't have the right to talk about you, you shouldn't be talking about them, period.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The issues should be discussed for what they are, not what you *think* or *hope* they will be. Neither Gayle nor Janina went on television "screaming from the top of their lungs" that the staff were "terrible employees"..etc.
Janine did go on television and say that a member of staff had been sacked for misconduct. She also said Meghan had proof.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
I am going to say based on having worked 2 years in the insurance industry, volunteering 3 years at a hospital and having been through many years of therapy myself as well as watching many others go through treatment for a variety of mental health issues mental health professionals ALWAYS prefer to treat people outpatient first. No matter how posh an inpatient facility is they are still deemed as more disruptive, aggressive and intrusive into a person's life.

Mental health professionals will of course send people to these facilities or recommend they go but honestly I have never heard of anyone recommending it as a first step because no matter what people think even the nicest most posh of these places are not vacations. They're usually places that plunge you really deeply into intensive therapy.

I've seen people I thought were in VERY bad shape told they didn't need to go into inpatient facilities and they would be MUCH better off seeking outpatient care. The thing is I think many people are in a bad place so they think the only way off the ledge is inpatient care without understanding what it really is forget the potential of press finding out if you happen to be famous.

Now we don't know what happened with Meghan but I still SERIOUSLY doubt anyone would have denied her care. I do completely believe someone would have told her no on the inpatient facility because that's what any reasonable mental healthcare professional would have done prior to assessing her.
I have a feeling that Meghan wanted to go to plush spa in the States, and was told no, because security would be impossible and very expensive
Old 03-19-2021, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post

She was probably looking for one of those American style rehab/detox places. The type Kit Harington went to post Game of Thrones. Ut they are private and self referring.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
I have a feeling that Meghan wanted to go to plush spa in the States, and was told no, because security would be impossible and very expensive
Someone responding in this vein of security and the logistics of going to an inpatient facility whether posh or run of the mill, wasn't speaking from a mental health care professional viewpoint. If Meghan had related that she was refused as advised by a qualified mental health care professional, the reasons wouldn't be logistics or locale or security but in relation to how a professional accessed her clear and present danger to herself and others.

I'd still like to know if she had then or ever actually has talked to a mental health professional or did she "self heal" by removing herself from the perceived threats to her well being which actually is just a band aid for a deeper rooted problem. I don't think it's intrusive to wonder about her mental state of mind then and now as she was the one the put it into blaring headlines herself. Once again, we're fed something that is never followed up on or clarified with contextual information.