The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #961  
Old 03-17-2021, 02:32 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Why was the page removed? Surely, if it didn't call for violence or otherwise broke some rules, everyone has the right to make such a page for whatever purpose they see fit?


Or was it Harry and Meghan who requested it removed? That's the only explanation that makes sense.



I don't think you can put up a thread to raise money for some rich person you don't know. I can't for example put up a page to pay Oprah's mortgage. Who knows where the money will really go?


I doubt they care about Phillip going home. They didn't care that Phillip was in the hospital. Like they didn't care when Meghan's father was in the hospital.


The only positive I can say is the James Cordon interview came after the Oprah one and Harry seemed to have tamped that one down. Maybe he felt bad after the Oprah interview but it was out of his hands.
__________________

  #962  
Old 03-17-2021, 03:35 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't think you can put up a thread to raise money for some rich person you don't know. I can't for example put up a page to pay Oprah's mortgage. Who knows where the money will really go?


I doubt they care about Phillip going home. They didn't care that Phillip was in the hospital. Like they didn't care when Meghan's father was in the hospital.


The only positive I can say is the James Cordon interview came after the Oprah one and Harry seemed to have tamped that one down. Maybe he felt bad after the Oprah interview but it was out of his hands.
ActUally, the James Cordon interview went to air days before the Oprah interview and it was recorded well before Philip went into hospital. And I am absolutely sure that Harry was worried about his grandfather.
__________________

  #963  
Old 03-17-2021, 03:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
ActUally, the James Cordon interview went to air days before the Oprah interview and it was recorded well before Philip went into hospital. And I am absolutely sure that Harry was worried about his grandfather.

It went to air before Oprah but I think it was recorded well after the Oprah interview. Could be wrong though. It seemed like a nicer interview - I liked that interview. Nothing nasty about the royal family. I was all prepared to like the Oprah interview after the cute one with James. Though I still wouldn't have watched it - I haven't liked Oprah interviews in the past including the Fergie one.
  #964  
Old 03-17-2021, 04:04 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
This is just preposterous. Think of the interview what you will but no one's "blackmailing" anyone. "Everyone in the world" definitely haven't reacted badly to the allegations of racism I suppose if you only read anti-Sussex viewpoints it can come off as such but in reality, there seems to be a big generational divide in the reactions to the allegations. On that, I think The Guardian's Marina Hyde said it best: "a problem if you're in charge of something that has to get handed down the generations". And what truths have they "distorted for revenge"? That's a pretty serious accusation.
_________

This thread has gone a bit off the rails, I think. A bunch of people who were already disproportionally negative towards the Sussexes prior to the interview now repeatedly affirming each other in their dislike of them. I definitely don't agree with everything the Sussexes have said and done but I think everyone in here could benefit from taking a deep breath and maybe attempt to take their most hateful glasses off when looking at them.
I mentioned "blackmail" albeit a little facetiously because we have been discussing the why people like Scobie, Janina Gavankar and now Gayle King keep bringing up the fact that "she has email proof of all this!" but not yet releasing most of it. Are they potentially trying to get the BRF to cry Uncle on this so that nothing further is released? Maybe, maybe not but I think it's a legitimate discussion point.

Things they have "distorted for revenge" saying (or allowing Oprah to say) that Archie was denied an HRH and therefore security because of the potential colour of his skin, that Meghan's passport was taken and she was basically a prisoner for 18 months when we have proof that's not true. Just to name a couple. I have to think the whole interview was partly revenge because they didn't say anything constructive at all.

I have read plenty of POVs from all sides during the last year and the last two weeks. I have plenty of friends who are "Team Meghan" I don't just get all my news from this thread and in fact until this time last year I was a big supporter. I hadn't even been on most of the threads in a while before the interview was announced. I'm just in lockdown and discussing the fall out.
  #965  
Old 03-17-2021, 04:32 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post

I doubt they care about Phillip going home. They didn't care that Phillip was in the hospital. Like they didn't care when Meghan's father was in the hospital.
.
Both those statements are false. It was revealed on the interview that the couple phoned the Queen when they heard the Duke was hospitalized. Also Meghan's calls and text messages to her father when he was hospitalized were made public due to the lawsuits. They showed the couple's concern for Mr. Markle and his health- them offering to help him and him declining their help.
  #966  
Old 03-17-2021, 04:34 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
It went to air before Oprah but I think it was recorded well after the Oprah interview. Could be wrong though. It seemed like a nicer interview - I liked that interview. Nothing nasty about the royal family. I was all prepared to like the Oprah interview after the cute one with James. Though I still wouldn't have watched it - I haven't liked Oprah interviews in the past including the Fergie one.
I think the Corden one was meant to show "nice jolly ordinary guy" Harry, and to insinuate that he was still a loved member of the RF and was a jolly guy that anyone could get along with,.., But then this Oprah interview, Im afraid, showed the real Harry who is clearly embittered and angry, together with his wife who is also embittered and angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Both those statements are false. It was revealed on the interview that the couple phoned the Queen when they heard the Duke was hospitalized. Also Meghan's calls and text messages to her father when he was hospitalized were made public due to the lawsuits. They showed the couple's concern for Mr. Markle and his health- them offering to help him and him declining their help.
If they cared about Philip and the queen they wouldn't have done htat interview...
  #967  
Old 03-17-2021, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,432
I just don't know what's going on. If this were a book by someone like Dan Brown, it'd turn out that Meghan was a long-lost descendant of Richard III or Bonnie Prince Charlie or even King Harold, and had some crazy desire to avenge what she thought were wrongs done to her family hundreds of years ago! The monarchy is most assuredly not going to fall because of these two, but why are they doing this? Harry in particular.


The general feeling seems to be that he's so thick that he doesn't realise what trouble he's causing, but this is a former Army officer who led troops in combat, and he has *got* three A-levels even if Eton pretty much had to spoon-feed him through them.


Diana's interview was nothing like this bad, but, from her, I think people could understand that anyone would be bitter if they felt that their husband had always been in love with someone else. But why is Harry doing this?
  #968  
Old 03-17-2021, 04:46 AM
AC21091968's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If they cared about Philip and the queen they wouldn't have done htat interview...
Not just the The Queen and Prince Philip, but also the rest of the members of the Royal Family. Otherwise you are right, if Harry & Meghan really cared and loved his family, they would not do this "explosive interview" with Oprah. Or even at least the interview would be just on Archewell and other charity works, not going/rehashing past conflicts or stories.

Again for a couple who are adamant on "telling the truth" and "making their voices heard", they certainly are not doing any favours by criticising royal family members who cannot speak out personally and defend themselves. Just like the privacy topic.

This tweet completely sums up my thoughts (and even some posters here on this forum)
Mahyar Tousi @MahyarTousi
No one should take a TV interview seriously when one person accuses a lot of people who can’t publicly tell their side of story and defend themselves.
This is garbage TV.
#MeghanandHarryonOprah #MeghanAndHarry
8:54 AM · Mar 9, 2021·Twitter for iPad
https://twitter.com/MahyarTousi/stat...43988775370753
  #969  
Old 03-17-2021, 05:00 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I just don't know what's going on. If this were a book by someone like Dan Brown, it'd turn out that Meghan was a long-lost descendant of Richard III or Bonnie Prince Charlie or even King Harold, and had some crazy desire to avenge what she thought were wrongs done to her family hundreds of years ago! The monarchy is most assuredly not going to fall because of these two, but why are they doing this? Harry in particular.


The general feeling seems to be that he's so thick that he doesn't realise what trouble he's causing, but this is a former Army officer who led troops in combat, and he has *got* three A-levels even if Eton pretty much had to spoon-feed him through them.


Diana's interview was nothing like this bad, but, from her, I think people could understand that anyone would be bitter if they felt that their husband had always been in love with someone else. But why is Harry doing this?
well it is kind of stupid, because its probably going to make the RF very cautious about being friendly with them from now on and even more, I think that Charles will be even less willing to help them financially. And if they DID pull down the monarchy, who WOULD Harry turn to if he needs help/money? Charles wouldn't be broke but he would be less well off and FAR less likley to help his son from then on.
I've never thought H had any brains at all, and I don't think Meghan has much... and she does I suppose have some excuse that she didn't learn much about the RF, during the short time she was there (I suspect because she didn't want to learn). but there is a real nasty streak in H's attacks on his father etc. Diana was angry too, but she did have SOME kind of reason in having a husband who didn't really love her...
But this wasn't reasoned criticism of the RF, it was an all out atttack buttressed by false statements.
  #970  
Old 03-17-2021, 07:02 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,004
Let's try not to insult people who think highly or negatively about the duke and duchess of Sussex. It is not helpful in creating an open and welcoming environment which we aim to have. Neither is it in accordance with TRF's rules and FAQ, which we all accepted to follow when you agreed to our terms of service.

This forum is in a relatively unique position that we -gladly- host both supporters as critics of the duke and duchess. We all know that this has had its up and downs but it has the advantage that we can have rather interesting debates. Sometimes these discussions can be robust but surely they are more stimulating than if we would all agree with each other all the time.

But this kind of exchange does require some moderation in regard to the tone and words that we chose. The discussion would be helped if we all try to be patient and understanding of one another. Using derogatory language is therefore not encouraged and in the view of the TRF Mod. team quite harmful to our membership and to this forum.

If the only way to 'score a point' is by inserting petty remarks, perhaps you should review the point you want to make. And when you are unable to get your point across without insulting people with whom you disagree, you are advised to stop posting, log out and only return & resume posting when you manage to resist such impulses.

Posters who feel the urgency to talk about people who do not post here but elsewhere on the internet can do so elsewhere on the internet, not at TRF.


Several posts have been deleted or edited.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #971  
Old 03-17-2021, 09:23 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 433
I am very interested in seeing the proof Meghan has to back up some particular claims of hers. I'd expect nothing than some Letters Patent signed by King Charles III, claiming specifically that his grandson, Master Archibald Harrison, is too dark to be recognized as a HRH. Yes, I know that even if Charles intended such ridiculousness, it would be a future thing. I'll start looking for the forgery immediately as Oprah, Gayle King and Scobie hug Meghan and Harry sympathetically.


Really, how can anyone say with a straight face that Meghan has a proof for *this*? Or just as good, the private conversation she only relayed third-hand and she and Harry couldn't even get the basics straight - she has *proof*?
  #972  
Old 03-17-2021, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
well it is kind of stupid, because its probably going to make the RF very cautious about being friendly with them from now on and even more, I think that Charles will be even less willing to help them financially. And if they DID pull down the monarchy, who WOULD Harry turn to if he needs help/money? Charles wouldn't be broke but he would be less well off and FAR less likley to help his son from then on.
I've never thought H had any brains at all, and I don't think Meghan has much... and she does I suppose have some excuse that she didn't learn much about the RF, during the short time she was there (I suspect because she didn't want to learn). but there is a real nasty streak in H's attacks on his father etc. Diana was angry too, but she did have SOME kind of reason in having a husband who didn't really love her...
But this wasn't reasoned criticism of the RF, it was an all out atttack buttressed by false statements.
I think the idea of Charles' relationship with his sons is one difficult to comprehend. And one that involves an incredible amount of empathy...on both sides...and also a necessity for the sons to reframe their experiences and their parents from all sides.

The success at which Harry can fo anybody that is questionable.
  #973  
Old 03-17-2021, 10:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
I am very interested in seeing the proof Meghan has to back up some particular claims of hers. I'd expect nothing than some Letters Patent signed by King Charles III, claiming specifically that his grandson, Master Archibald Harrison, is too dark to be recognized as a HRH. Yes, I know that even if Charles intended such ridiculousness, it would be a future thing. I'll start looking for the forgery immediately as Oprah, Gayle King and Scobie hug Meghan and Harry sympathetically.


Really, how can anyone say with a straight face that Meghan has a proof for *this*? Or just as good, the private conversation she only relayed third-hand and she and Harry couldn't even get the basics straight - she has *proof*?
Remember the email from Meghan that "proved" everyone was lying about her making Kate cry? It was just Meghan saying in an email that she didn't make Kate cry (and bringing it up for no reason, several years after the incident had happened, in reply to an email having nothing whatsoever to do with it). I expect whatever other "proof" might exist to be more of the same. Meghan said in an email that someone said something racist, which somehow proves it more than her saying the same thing on Oprah proves it. Meghan said in a text message that she got married before the wedding, which proves it was a secret wedding and not that she misunderstood what was happening. Etc.
  #974  
Old 03-17-2021, 10:19 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I personally think this was, for Harry, more than about what happened the last two years. I don't believe he was dragged into this interview. I think he wanted to 'burn it all down' on his way out the door. I really think his commentary that his father and brother were "trapped" wasn't out of any empathy for his family, but to hurt the standing of the monarchy. If Harry and Meghan cannot be the most loved members of the monarchy, he wants no one to be.
Yes, I think it is gonna be a very protracted war. It will be the type of which only ends when all parties to the war are fed up with the fighting and can afford to make peace.
  #975  
Old 03-17-2021, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
Remember the email from Meghan that "proved" everyone was lying about her making Kate cry? It was just Meghan saying in an email that she didn't make Kate cry (and bringing it up for no reason, several years after the incident had happened, in reply to an email having nothing whatsoever to do with it). I expect whatever other "proof" might exist to be more of the same. Meghan said in an email that someone said something racist, which somehow proves it more than her saying the same thing on Oprah proves it. Meghan said in a text message that she got married before the wedding, which proves it was a secret wedding and not that she misunderstood what was happening. Etc.
I had a friend say "but she wouldn't have even brought it up in that email unless it actually happened, she didn't know that it would be needed then."

I pointed out this was January 2020 when they were already in the middle of this "divorce" and she many well have been deliberately putting it in there to "prove" her story for when they did an interview.

There are probably similar emails to HR about her mental health, we know because she already told us that she wrote letters begging for security so those will probably be released at some point and possibly ones with accusation of racism, unfairness and lack of security over the title issue. But you're right, that certainly doesn't prove her claims unless she produces email replies from the other side -with proof that it actually came from them- that are explicitly nasty (or have been edited to appear nasty or unfair). Fairly ironic for someone who sued over a letter.

It's possible they do have more bombs and are waiting for things to die off again in a week before launching them.
  #976  
Old 03-17-2021, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
Yes, I think it is gonna be a very protracted war. It will be the type of which only ends when all parties to the war are fed up with the fighting and can afford to make peace.
I don't think it can be labeled a war if one side is not engaging. I know that some people will argue that the palace is behind the anonymous sources talking to the tabloids, but there is no proof of that.

There was a leak that William and Harry talked, but nothing of the contents - and there was no mention of the call between Harry and Charles. We still don't know exactly what happened with the Meghan made Kate cry story. Meghan publicly blamed Catherine but Catherine hasn't responded. Staff has apparently complained to reporters about Meghan but Meghan has publicly complained about her staff so it was self-defense.

I think the only way that the Meghan and Harry's attacks on the family will stop is if they get what they want: money. titles for their children, their favored patronages, and high visibility at public events (like the Commonwealth service). Personally, I don't think Charles should give in (and this is mostly aimed at him), because I don't think it will ever be enough for Harry to let go of his anger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
There are probably similar emails to HR about her mental health, we know because she already told us that she wrote letters begging for security so those will probably be released at some point and possibly ones with accusation of racism, unfairness and lack of security over the title issue. But you're right, that certainly doesn't prove her claims unless she produces email replies from the other side -with proof that it actually came from them- that are explicitly nasty (or have been edited to appear nasty or unfair). Fairly ironic for someone who sued over a letter.

It's possible they do have more bombs and are waiting for things to die off again in a week before launching them.
Meghan will probably release emails alleging racism, unfairness, etc. but the palace doesn't have to worry about the emailed responses. I can't see any staff member stupid enough to send a racist email to the Duchess of Sussex. However, Meghan probably has responses to emails asking for assistance for her mental health, some of which were probably not helpful. However, the lack of help by the palace doesn't justify her husband refusing to arrange for medical care when he saw his wife suffering.
  #977  
Old 03-17-2021, 11:02 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I think the only way that the Meghan and Harry's attacks on the family will stop is if they get what they want: money. titles for their children, their favored patronages, and high visibility at public events (like the Commonwealth service). Personally, I don't think Charles should give in (and this is mostly aimed at him), because I don't think it will ever be enough for Harry to let go of his anger.
I agree re: the attacks. But I think a more compelling reason why Charles shouldn't give in is the fact that the only reason the monarchy still exist is the perception of public service. The moment public service is seen as a means to indulge his spoiled son and entitled daughter in-law, the monarchy is devalued and it gives strong ammunition in the hands of anti-monarchists.


The monarchy exists because people see good enough in it to overcome the draws. But for some three centuries, it hasn't been treated as the RF's private property and means to give their children all they want, especially if these children have publicly gone against monarchy and yes, the British public. (What was the trickling down racism claim if not a blatant insinuation that the whole country was racist)?
  #978  
Old 03-17-2021, 11:02 AM
Queen Ester's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I had a friend say "but she wouldn't have even brought it up in that email unless it actually happened, she didn't know that it would be needed then."

I pointed out this was January 2020 when they were already in the middle of this "divorce" and she many well have been deliberately putting it in there to "prove" her story for when they did an interview.

There are probably similar emails to HR about her mental health, we know because she already told us that she wrote letters begging for security so those will probably be released at some point and possibly ones with accusation of racism, unfairness and lack of security over the title issue. But you're right, that certainly doesn't prove her claims unless she produces email replies from the other side -with proof that it actually came from them- that are explicitly nasty (or have been edited to appear nasty or unfair). Fairly ironic for someone who sued over a letter.

It's possible they do have more bombs and are waiting for things to die off again in a week before launching them.
They are behaving like kids in a sandbox, counting their weapons, and deciding which ones to use now or later
  #979  
Old 03-17-2021, 11:11 AM
ruaudladoube's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Collinsville, United States
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post

(This leads me to hypothesize that Harry could have purposefully misled Meghan on a few key facts, such as the fake wedding, that only HRH Princes get security, and that there was no plan to slim down the monarchy for his childrens' generation. He wanted an ally as angry and hurt as he was.)
This is something I've been thinking since the interview aired.

I feel like Harry has wanted out of the royal life for some time and that his wife (I don't think it's specifically Meghan, whoever he married, it would have been the same) was his ticket. He just had to make sure that she and the Family didn't get along - and with Meghan, the race issue just made it that much easier to drive a wedge between them.

At best, Harry failed Meghan in not preparing her for what she was getting into. At worst, he has straight up gaslighted her, IMO.
__________________
Ruaud L'Adoube

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."--attributed to Socrates
  #980  
Old 03-17-2021, 11:14 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,661
Every time I read a post relating to the "Meghan made Kate cry" scenario that happened so long ago it should be filed away in the ancient history folder, it just makes me realize all the more that Meghan didn't weigh her words very well in that interview and didn't have the foresight to think that perhaps an outcome of all these ills and woes Meghan perceives against herself could possibly be on the front page news stating in bold letters "Meghan Made The Queen Cry".

As much as I'm totally bamboozled by the actions and words of Harry and Meghan recently, it doesn't come anywhere near what a 95 year old woman that has given her life, loyalty and devotion to the "institution" under attack must feel and by her family.

The Sussexes put out a grand ploy for sympathy but there was no evidence anywhere that they felt empathy or sympathy for anyone else. *This* is what disappoints me the most. Doesn't say much either for a "brand" that is purported to be based on "kindness and compassion".
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi america archie mountbatten-windsor asian biography birth britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing commonwealth countries countess of snowdon daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style genetics george vi gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume highgrove jack brooksbank jewellery king juan carlos king willem-alexander książ castle liechtenstein line of succession list of rulers meghan markle mongolia mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess chulabhorn walailak princess dita princess eugenie queen louise queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry spain speech sussex suthida taiwan thailand unfinished portrait united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×