The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Next, it's going to be "William stopped taking my calls!" *sad face*. My, I wonder why that would be.

Wonderful start to healing the rift, Harry! Good job!
Harry has no interest in healing any rift. He wants money and titles for doing nothing.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:35 PM
Nobility

M&H are on the cover of People magazine, so on it goes.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:38 PM
Nobility

The interview has a robust Wikipedia page all of its own now. With 154 references no less.

Welcome to the world of famous - or infamous. Time will tell...
Old 03-16-2021, 05:42 PM
Nobility

"... All of those things that I hoped for, have happened" HRH the Duchess of Sussex
This sentence was the one truly truth that Meghan has said in the interview. It was said at the end of the interview, probably she has let her guard down a bit too early.
I managed to see the whole interview.... it was a cringe-fest! They deserve each other...
Old 03-16-2021, 05:53 PM
Nobility

cnn.com has written a scathing article on the royals. So sad these two could cause such irrepable damage to the RF. It gets bigger and bigger.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
But they don't want a public slanging match. Before today, I thought they did but they really don't,

They want a bent knee, a humble apology, the proverbial heads of the British press on a platter and the admission that what Sarah, Camilla, Catherine, etc. went through combined can't hold a handle to Meghan's suffering.

They want the glory of restoring order and justice, the acknowledgment that they were totally right and the RF totally wrong and from where I stand, they seem to believe they can really get it.

They also want to dictate the conversation. Other people aren't entitled to "their truth". Everyone should just accept and discuss Harry and Meghan's, and only in glowing terms.
Actually I think you're right, although they might have settled for giving them something else to go on in public. Because at this point any attention is better than no attention.

Not surprised they've made the cover of People again, Hello! even broke their self imposed no Sussex embargo last week.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:08 PM
Nobility

This article I'm linking is just more of the same regurgitation from Gayle King, but it phrased it in a way I thought was interesting:

"The news anchor shared that while the palace wants to keep this feud private, they aren’t making any moves to reconcile with the person who was hurt the most in this: Meghan."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193103019.html

I was surprised to see the opinion that Meghan - not Harry - was the person hurt most in this. Meghan did what she wanted to do every step of the way. She and Harry seem to agree that Harry left for her sake, not his own. She "lost" her father because she decided she didn't want to talk to him anymore (perhaps for good reason, but still, her own choice). Harry's now estranged from his family because Meghan decided to trash them on Oprah, and now they no longer want to talk to him. Meghan lives in her native country a few miles down the road from her mother, with whom she seems to have a good relationship. Harry lives thousands of miles from his native country and close relatives, and he may never be close to any of them again after this. Even if he's 100% ok with all of that, I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks Meghan was hurt more than Harry was here.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
This article I'm linking is just more of the same regurgitation from Gayle King, but it phrased it in a way I thought was interesting:

"The news anchor shared that while the palace wants to keep this feud private, they aren’t making any moves to reconcile with the person who was hurt the most in this: Meghan."

I was surprised to see the opinion that Meghan - not Harry - was the person hurt most in this. Meghan did what she wanted to do every step of the way. She and Harry seem to agree that Harry left for her sake, not his own. She "lost" her father because she decided she didn't want to talk to him anymore (perhaps for good reason, but still, her own choice). Harry's now estranged from his family because Meghan decided to trash them on Oprah, and now they no longer want to talk to him. Even if he's 100% ok with that, I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks Meghan was hurt more than Harry was here.
A self proclaimed "victim" rarely presents themselves as being at fault at any stage in the relating of the victimization. Those on the victim's bandwagon will not and cannot look at the entire picture objectively. The aim is that if they proclaim the wrongs long enough and loud enough, they'll eventually drown out the truth.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Since Meghan isn't a straight white male (that's SARCASM folks...) She gets the rights to the most victimhood in that couple.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunking View Post
cnn.com has written a scathing article on the royals. So sad these two could cause such irrepable damage to the RF. It gets bigger and bigger.
There's been quite a few in the US media including the NY Times & The Washington Post. BRF colonialist, empire, racist, blah blah blah.

In fact there's been quite a few ever since H&M decamped from Britain. Many US liberals seem to be using H&M as some sort of proxy in the culture wars.

It's all very sad & unnecessary & unfair for the BRF's reputation in the US but it is what it is. The H&M propaganda machine knows its target audience & plays a clever game.

If opinion in the Commonwealth goes the same way then that'll just be further damage.

What's far worse is division caused by H&M in Britain. That does matter. A lot.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
Since Meghan isn't a straight white male (that's SARCASM folks...) She gets the rights to the most victimhood in that couple.
Every so often my age does me a grand favor and pops a colloquialism into my head that I've heard from my parents or my grandparents. Reading through all these posts about the situation that the Sussexes are in and looking at Harry, I can hear my mother (or is it my grandmother) describing Harry as a "Casper Milquetoast". Believe it or not, the word "milquetoast" is actually in the dictionary and defined as:

noun
a timid or feeble person.
"Jennings plays him as something of a milquetoast"

adjective
feeble, insipid, or bland.
"a soppy, milquetoast composer"

https://www.cjr.org/language_corner/milquetoast.php
Old 03-16-2021, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Why are US networks so worried about the British RF, it is still a story here, but more about the fallout for other people. Or is it friends helping to raise Meghans profile, keeping her on the front page. Ooops sorry she likes privacy.

Their stories have been seen for what they are, stories, causing trouble but we will move on from them, sorry folks you are stuck with them in the USA>
Old 03-16-2021, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post

I was surprised to see the opinion that Meghan - not Harry - was the person hurt most in this. Meghan did what she wanted to do every step of the way. She and Harry seem to agree that Harry left for her sake, not his own. She "lost" her father because she decided she didn't want to talk to him anymore (perhaps for good reason, but still, her own choice). Harry's now estranged from his family because Meghan decided to trash them on Oprah, and now they no longer want to talk to him. Meghan lives in her native country a few miles down the road from her mother, with whom she seems to have a good relationship. Harry lives thousands of miles from his native country and close relatives, and he may never be close to any of them again after this. Even if he's 100% ok with all of that, I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks Meghan was hurt more than Harry was here.
Given that Meghan admitted that Kate "owned" her actions and apologised but she (Meghan) still can't let it go years later, there's no reason for William or Charles to think that anything they say will be apology accepted.

She's not even speaking to most her own family and hasn't for a while at least. Granted I definitely understand some of those. But she's not a kumbaya person.

Surely Harry should be the "in" point for these conversations considering it's his family and Meghan was there for less than 2 years? They can perhaps talk to Meghan once the initial talks have progressed because Harry also talked about being hurt by them, not just Meghan. If a couple have a falling out with the parents its usually the direct relationship that starts to mend fences first.

Quite apart from anything else they know for sure that anything they write or say will be used against them in the near future.

Not to mention most of them will be worried about Prince Philip, their own families going back to school and everything else going on.

And after all this. They're allowed to be hurt, angry and not want to talk to the person who gleefully and deliberately took a wrecking ball to them. They don't have to initiate dialogue right away.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Nobody had a problem with them doing something different, good for them.
I listened to him saying that he respected his grandmother , how can he possibly say that while he is destroying everything she stands for.
Why could they not move on and make their new life without destroying everything in their wake,
Old 03-16-2021, 06:30 PM
Majesty

I dont think that things will ever be quite the same wiht the RF and Harry.. or at least not for a LONG time. They may have been kidding themselves some of them that this is all about MEg being difficult nad not blaming him so much. But his words and actions have shown that he is bitterly resentful about his own family, and doesn't care how much he hurts or damages them...
Old 03-16-2021, 06:31 PM
Nobility

The cnn article goes on about the only way to stop racism in the RF is to abolish the monarchy. It talks about thier jewels were stolen and how they had colonys were used and so forth. Harry has opened a can of worms he can't close. This article makes there interview look mild.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The cnn article goes on about the only way to stop racism in the RF is to abolish the monarchy. It talks about thier jewels were stolen and how they had colonys were used and so forth. Harry has opened a can of worms he can't close. This article makes there interview look mild.

Glasshouses come to mind.

Is it that Meghan and Harry have been used by the media who have an agenda.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Ugh.. that one is even more disgusting that the one I was referring to. I think I need a nap. :(
Old 03-16-2021, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I do not follow Oprah - beside knowing who she is, i have a very limited idea of who she is . Gayle King I have no idea who she is besides a TV presenter and Oprah's friends. Doesn't the coverage of this seem off and very bias. Why does it seem like that have a personal investment here - I find it very odd this. They appear to have a perceived moral high ground that I do not understand. They appear gleeful in these attacks - almost as it they are getting vindication for the treatment of women, treatment of black people or the treatment of Diana. Or is it the coincidence that this combines all three - that they appear to have found a crusade ?
It’s a very profitable crusade. Oprah and Gayle are two very privileged, very powerful people, who happen to be women of colour, who are taking the narrative of another extremely privileged person, who also happens to be a woman of colour, and recognizing that it has the potential to make them even more money, and make them more relevant and newsworthy than either of them has been in a long time. They’ll keep going as long as the story continues to be beneficial FOR THEM and their brand, and CBS.

This quote from Ms King:

‘And I think it's frustrating for them to see that it's a racial conversation about the Royal Family when all they wanted all along was for the royals to intervene and tell the Press to stop with the unfair, inaccurate, false stories that definitely have a racial slant.’

is a flat out lie. If Meghan and Harry didn’t want to provoke a racial conversation about the royal family they wouldn’t have tied Archie’s lack of title to his race and they wouldn’t have mentioned a private conversation about race they say happened with a member of the family.

Gayle King has worked in media for a long time. She knows very well the BRF can’t tell the British press to do anything. It’s also convenient that apparently these unfair stories have “a racial slant.” A racial slant is anything Meghan says it is. It’s not something that needs to be - or even can be - backed up by evidence. It’s all about how the press coverage made Meghan feel.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:41 PM
Royal Highness

Well it doesn't help when reputable voices like that of Michelle Obama say that "it wasn't a complete surprise to hear talk of racism in the BRF".

With the greatest respect how does she actually know what was said? Why is it not a surprise to her? What have the BRF said or done to her to make her so sure in her belief?

https://us.cnn.com/2021/03/16/us/mic...rnd/index.html

Closed Thread