The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #861  
Old 03-16-2021, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,525
Well the Gayle King comments make it clear H&M are not interested in a family getting back together on good term but that H&M are out for getting whatever they can from the RF. Leaking your private family calls to a journalist so she can on TV and reveal about it for all is not giving anyone privacy, not constructive and is effectively H&M trolling the RF.

I think H&M can't stand that the RF is not giving them all the fuss and attention they want and are determined to keep themselves in the forefront. I mean, Meghan wasn't in the RF for all that long so they will soon run out of dirt of the RF soon unless Harry is ready to spill any older family secrets.
__________________

  #862  
Old 03-16-2021, 03:46 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,199
I wonder if we are looking at the Netflix concept?

Which is basically a documentary of H&M exposing the BRF and the British press for being racist and how they forced both the BRF and the British press to admit that fact and to make amends.

In which case they may be in for a surprise!
Because Netflix may not be interested. It may simply be too poisonous and too risky for Netflix.
Having two rogue family members having an open feud and talking about it to select talk show hosts is one thing, paying them for producing a documentary about it, is a whole different ballgame! Because Netflix may be held liable to lawsuits - not to mention any possible public backlash.
__________________

  #863  
Old 03-16-2021, 03:53 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I wonder if we are looking at the Netflix concept?

Which is basically a documentary of H&M exposing the BRF and the British press for being racist and how they forced both the BRF and the British press to admit that fact and to make amends.

In which case they may be in for a surprise!
Because Netflix may not be interested. It may simply be too poisonous and too risky for Netflix.
Having two rogue family members having an open feud and talking about it to select talk show hosts is one thing, paying them for producing a documentary about it, is a whole different ballgame! Because Netflix may be held liable to lawsuits - not to mention any possible public backlash.
Y'know, thinking back now, that Shaman and the Princess dog and pony show doesn't look so bad now eh?
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #864  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:06 PM
HighGoalHighDreams's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unspecified, United States
Posts: 474
I must say it is a delightful pastime for me to sometimes read old threads (of all subjects) here on TRF. On days like today, when it is unseasonably cold and rainy, I will amuse myself with reading the old comments and seeing how wrong I was. (Truthfully, though, it is wonderful to see how perception of people and events changes over the years. It is a perk of being such a seasoned member.)

I amused myself this afternoon with reading part of the old thread from when the Sussexes first announced their decision and most shout out Nico for this comment, in response to Mbruno hoping everything would become clear in time:

Well just wait for the book and Oprah interview. I'm afraid it will come sooner or later.

  #865  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
The Gayle King thing is something else. Vile. They are just vile. If this was a divorce I would be appalled by the side doing this.


This is appalling. I really don’t know what to say.

They seem a lot more interested in dragging their family through the mud, running to the press, being petty and vindictive than in running their foundation or producing something for Netflix.

I realize the entertainment world doesn’t think the way I do....but who would want to do business with these 2 now? This is one long temper tantrum. It’s embarrassing and very unprofessional behavior. Though IMO they’ve been unprofessional in public for over a year and a half now.
  #866  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams View Post
Every time I see a part of this interview in writing I catch something new.

I don't know why Harry would think the idea that he blindsided The Queen came "from the Institution." I don't think that idea came from anywhere except people putting two and two together and getting four.

Working from memory, the Sussexes put their ideas out for the world to see as if they had already been approved. The Palace released a statement that there was still quit a bit to be worked through. The arrangement that was reached did not remotely resemble their original requests.

So Harry either 1. blindsided The Queen or 2. released the ideas into the world knowing they were not approved, trying to force her hand into giving him what he wanted or else make it look like she went back on her word.

I'm not sure why he thinks eliminating option 1 makes him look better.
I think you are spot on with option 2 , then when they didnt cave in , stopped the money , they started this rubbish.
  #867  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post

I think H&M can't stand that the RF is not giving them all the fuss and attention they want and are determined to keep themselves in the forefront. I mean, Meghan wasn't in the RF for all that long so they will soon run out of dirt of the RF soon unless Harry is ready to spill any older family secrets.
There might well be some family secrets from years ago that Harry could divulge. But it does come with a risk. There are plenty of very unflattering stories about Harry the press could drag up again as well. Although I'm sure they would issue a statement about being victims of the nasty press again whilst giving Oprah and Gayle half remembered, private titbits to tell the entire world on TV.

Then there's the risk that they end up becoming unsympathetic if they keep bitching about their ex family who aren't really doing the same.
  #868  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,525
I think the BRF have taken the "keep calm and carry on" approach knowing if they say nothing there is little that H&M can hit out at them for- if they turn around now and say that the RF aren't talking to them then the RF can point out they are leaking what is said to the press (who they apparently they want privacy from)
  #869  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:23 PM
Queen Ester's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Certainly lends some credence to that story about this being the plan all along and about why, when HM told them they didn't have to accept titles or even work for the RF, they refused. If this were planned all along they'd know that they'd need those titles to open doors for them down the line.

I don't know if those stories are true or not but they were so prevalent that I suspect it's a case of where's there's smoke there's fire.
But, if Her Majesty knew that they were leaving, why did she grant them the titles?
  #870  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:24 PM
Prinsara's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: A place to grow, Canada
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Y'know, thinking back now, that Shaman and the Princess dog and pony show doesn't look so bad now eh?
I know you're joking, Osipi, but no. This doesn't make ML and Verrett look better, at all. Maybe remotely more dignified, but not better. H&M have just sunk the bar to a troubled new low.

Also, ML is in no danger of being cut off, at least in the current Norwegian reign. We'll see what she does should that ever come up.
  #871  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Y'know, thinking back now, that Shaman and the Princess dog and pony show doesn't look so bad now eh?
I suppose ML and Durek haven't straight up publicly attacked and blackmailed her family but I'm not sure I could say it's hugely better. They've done a lot more than just one embarrassing stage show - that parts grieving people from their cash.

I just can't get over what huge ego there is to say all you want "The Institution" to do is protect you from the press whilst getting "upset" that everyone in the world took your accusation about the BRF being racist "the wrong way" and aren't really focusing on H&M in that scenario.

How no one wants to talk to the person who spent nearly 2 hours bringing up every little petty thing that went wrong and purposely distorted the truth for revenge.

And giving your new "friend" permission to say this on life TV in front of millions.
  #872  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:38 PM
Claire's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,517
I do not follow Oprah - beside knowing who she is, i have a very limited idea of who she is . Gayle King I have no idea who she is besides a TV presenter and Oprah's friends. Doesn't the coverage of this seem off and very bias. Why does it seem like that have a personal investment here - I find it very odd this. They appear to have a perceived moral high ground that I do not understand. They appear gleeful in these attacks - almost as it they are getting vindication for the treatment of women, treatment of black people or the treatment of Diana. Or is it the coincidence that this combines all three - that they appear to have found a crusade ?
  #873  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:38 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
But, if Her Majesty knew that they were leaving, why did she grant them the titles?
I don't believe she knew then that they were leaving. I remember reading that at one point prior to their wedding she gave them the option to work full time for the RF or to do their own thing but without a dukedom. I assume this was due to Meghan's previous career and Harry's prior statements that he might have been wanted to do something else with his life. They declined and stated that they wanted to work for the RF so the dukedom was granted, the massive wedding proceeded, and now here we are. I don't honestly know if it was all true, it was simply a rumor that circulated, but it does make a lot of sense and is very, very plausible.
  #874  
Old 03-16-2021, 04:56 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,306
One thing amid all of this "War of the Wails" is something that was bound to happen sooner or later and to be honest, it's so disgusting I won't even post a link to it here but it's easily found doing a "CNN, Charlie Hebdo" search. *This* kind of thing is the result of two people not thinking things through and realizing what repercussions could and would come out of their words and their actions. Like a game of telephone, it grows teeth and changes its message and although, in the Sussexes eyes, they believed what they were doing is right and the story needed to be told, they didn't stop to think of long range effects and the possibility that the "mean old press" that printed so many baseless untruths about Meghan, would not be chastised into apologizing or mending their ways when the axe was lowered on them by the "Institution" but, in reality, get even worse.

It's like believing nothing will happen to them in a horrid hurricane when the weather forecast says its going to be catastrophic category 5 and heading right towards them and the officials are telling everyone to evacuate and they remain steadfast in their homes saying "it won't happen to me". Then, when they lose everything and their lives are hanging by a thread, they're the "victims".
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #875  
Old 03-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I do not follow Oprah - beside knowing who she is, i have a very limited idea of who she is . Gayle King I have no idea who she is besides a TV presenter and Oprah's friends. Doesn't the coverage of this seem off and very bias. Why does it seem like that have a personal investment here - I find it very odd this. They appear to have a perceived moral high ground that I do not understand. They appear gleeful in these attacks - almost as it they are getting vindication for the treatment of women, treatment of black people or the treatment of Diana. Or is it the coincidence that this combines all three - that they appear to have found a crusade ?
They're coming across as increasingly unprofessional.

"The family has to acknowledge that there are issues. Houston we have a problem."

I think Gayle King is getting carried away with the melodrama of it all.

To paraphrase the first Elizabeth to Robert Cecil: "has is not a word to use to princes".
  #876  
Old 03-16-2021, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
They're coming across as increasingly unprofessional.

"The family has to acknowledge that there are issues. Houston we have a problem."

I think Gayle King is getting carried away with the melodrama of it all.

To paraphrase the first Elizabeth to Robert Cecil: "has is not a word to use to princes".
They family has acknowledged there are problems, the official statement even acknowledged H&M's feelings. They just aren't playing ball by entering in to a public slanging match.

They aren't going to get Charles, William and Kate on an opposite sofa like it's Jerry Springer. Even if Charles had forgotten Dimbleby they have the more recent example of Andrew to show them what a bad idea that is.

Even then Gayle in contradictory saying all they wanted to do was have the BRF spend all their time defending Meghan against every article and didn't mean the race accusation but they HAVE to deal with it all in public.
  #877  
Old 03-16-2021, 05:12 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
That's actually a great point and it certainly speaks to the no publicity is really bad publicity thing. But, I have to wonder, where do you draw the line? I mean, it's all well and good, I guess to do their tell-all, rehash all the old complaints ad nauseum, etc. but at a certain point the RF will stop speaking to them entirely if they continue to pull stunts like this Gayle King thing. Then what happens? How long can they traffic on the same old rehashed whines? How long do they really have have to be big draws when they run out of material? I mean, I'd think that high-priced publicity firm would warn that if they overshoot the mark too frequently or too boldly they will eventually shoot themselves in the foot...
yes surely Netflix is goign to expect them to do SOMETHING, not just interviews.... because there is a limit to how many awful revelations they can trump up about the RF (when they only worked there for a year or so)....
  #878  
Old 03-16-2021, 05:19 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
They family has acknowledged there are problems, the official statement even acknowledged H&M's feelings. They just aren't playing ball by entering in to a public slanging match.

They aren't going to get Charles, William and Kate on an opposite sofa like it's Jerry Springer. Even if Charles had forgotten Dimbleby they have the more recent example of Andrew to show them what a bad idea that is.

Even then Gayle in contradictory saying all they wanted to do was have the BRF spend all their time defending Meghan against every article and didn't mean the race accusation but they HAVE to deal with it all in public.
But they don't want a public slanging match. Before today, I thought they did but they really don't,


They want a bent knee, a humble apology, the proverbial heads of the British press on a platter and the admission that what Sarah, Camilla, Catherine, etc. went through combined can't hold a handle to Meghan's suffering.


They want the glory of restoring order and justice, the acknowledgment that they were totally right and the RF totally wrong and from where I stand, they seem to believe they can really get it.


They also want to dictate the conversation. Other people aren't entitled to "their truth". Everyone should just accept and discuss Harry and Meghan's, and only in glowing terms.
  #879  
Old 03-16-2021, 05:24 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
yes surely Netflix is goign to expect them to do SOMETHING, not just interviews.... because there is a limit to how many awful revelations they can trump up about the RF (when they only worked there for a year or so)....
One thought comes to mind of an unique twist they could do for Netflix that would guarantee a large audience and float sympathy and favoritism towards Meghan. Comparisons. It's actually something we're not supposed to do here in these threads. A "now and then" total comparison between Diana and her woes with "The War of the Wales" and Meghan's woes and victimization today in her "War of the Wails". I see that being huge in the American market but totally putting the British population in a tail spin of horror. I'd be among the British population with this one.

Make it to be released by Netflix when the next season of "The Crown" is released like they did this year with a tandem Diana documentary on the same day. If we get a whiff that Harry and Meghan have gone to the Taj Mahal for a quick visit, we'll know why.

Just odd thoughts.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #880  
Old 03-16-2021, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
But they don't want a public slanging match. Before today, I thought they did but they really don't,


They want a bent knee, a humble apology, the proverbial heads of the British press on a platter and the admission that what Sarah, Camilla, Catherine, etc. went through combined can't hold a handle to Meghan's suffering.


They want the glory of restoring order and justice, the acknowledgment that they were totally right and the RF totally wrong and from where I stand, they seem to believe they can really get it.

I tend to agree & that's not going to happen of course. Therefore there's an impasse. So next move to the H&M.

No doubt they can & probably will cause more damage to the BRF. If they do then existing attitudes will only harden.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 2: December 2020-March 2021 JessRulz Current Events Archive 874 03-07-2021 08:05 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes america baby names background story biography britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life family tree fashion and style george vi hello! hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume highgrove hypothetical monarchs jewellery jewelry kensington palace king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince dimitri prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde queen maxima resusci anne royal ancestry royal court royal jewels russian court dress solomon j solomon speech stuart suthida taiwan thailand uae customs united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×