The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness

Predictable. They want to keep in the news by any means and telling of private conversations is second nature to them. They have shown themselves:canít be trusted.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
This is not good, from 2 points, one they are not making progress and secondly they are divulging private family conversations.
It would appear that as soon as the couple are off the front page they find something to get them back in the news.
I wouldn't read anything into this at all except for your final sentence. For all we know, the calls could have been just to acknowledge that Philip was being released from the hospital. I would seriously doubt that Meghan was even in on the conversation (unless it was a zoom call) and if she related a private conversation between Harry and his family to a "friend" for public release, that's just unthinkable to me.

Just this being "in the news" would be enough to warrant that William and Charles decide to let the phone ring and ring and ring when an overseas call from California comes in and send a message "BEEP! Access denied". I think Harry remembers all to well what that "circle of trust" used to work like.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
That really boggles my mind that in a real-world with huge problems two grown women argue about who made who cry over 2 years ago,
And over whether or not little bridesmaids should wear tights. If someone had made a really nasty, hurtful, personal remark, you might well still be upset about it 2 years later, but not over bridesmaids' tights!

It only seems to be Meghan making a fuss about it, though.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
BREAKING:
Prince William and Charles 'speak to Harry for the first time since Oprah interview' - but talks were 'unproductive': Meghan Markle's friend Gayle King reveals on US morning TV show that couple told her about discussions.

She said: "Well I'm not trying to break news, but I did actually call them to see how they were feeling, and it's true, Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father too. The word I was given was that those conversations were not productive. But they are glad that they have at least started a conversation."

No member of the Royal Family has yet spoken to Meghan after the interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_dailymailUK
Good grief. Well, that's about as predictable as it gets. "This is the last we'll say about it" sure has quickly descended into authorizing other people to speak on their behalf to the media rather quickly. Then again, I think we all saw that coming from a mile away. It boggles my mind that people still don't see the hypocrisy here in claiming that they want to mend fences but then they spill everything they know or "their truth" to anyone who will listen and given them the publicity they so obviously crave. It really raises the question, can't these two see that the RF would be absolutely insane to trust them with anything more than a polite "hello" when they know with certainty that absolutely anything more will be Gayle King's latest "breaking news" or will be shared with the media via a "trusted friend" or reporter?
Old 03-16-2021, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
BREAKING:
Prince William and Charles 'speak to Harry for the first time since Oprah interview' - but talks were 'unproductive': Meghan Markle's friend Gayle King reveals on US morning TV show that couple told her about discussions.

She said: "Well I'm not trying to break news, but I did actually call them to see how they were feeling, and it's true, Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father too. The word I was given was that those conversations were not productive. But they are glad that they have at least started a conversation."

Unreal.

10char.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
And over whether or not little bridesmaids should wear tights. If someone had made a really nasty, hurtful, personal remark, you might well still be upset about it 2 years later, but not over bridesmaids' tights!

Maybe in the scheme of things back then at that time, it was one of the few occasions where Meghan and Catherine actually interacted. There would probably have been much more *dire* recollections if these were sisters-in-law that actually worked together as a team quite often.

This tells me that during Meghan's time before sailing off to sunny California, she didn't really spend all that much time with Catherine at all. Just a logical deduction here. This story is probably the only one she can really fall back on.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Good grief. Well, that's about as predictable as it gets. "This is the last we'll say about it" sure has quickly descended into authorizing other people to speak on their behalf to the media rather quickly. Then again, I think we all saw that coming from a mile away. It boggles my mind that people still don't see the hypocrisy here in claiming that they want to mend fences but then they spill everything they know or "their truth" to anyone who will listen and given them the publicity they so obviously crave. It really raises the question, can't these two see that the RF would be absolutely insane to trust them with anything more than a polite "hello" when they know with certainty that absolutely anything more will be Gayle King's latest "breaking news" or will be shared with the media via a "trusted friend" or reporter?
Well, TBH, they said they will not speak about it (Did they actually? I might've missed that?), not their friends

One wonders where is the old Harry, who wanted to keep his life private, and not splashed in the international news, who - above all else - wanted his friends to be loyal and not talk to the press. Now we see his wife's friend discussing a private conversation between him, his brother and his father. One wonders how he feels about that...

I strongly suspects he will get the "we'll not pick up the phone until you stop talking to the press" spiel. What he's gonna do then, do an interview with Ellen?
Old 03-16-2021, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Well the “Evil Meghan made Delicate Kate cry” was literally still being written about even as recently as a month ago. Long before we knew of the interview. I remember how it was literally a week of TV debates and all sorts of nonsense.

It was a massive story use to paint the two women in a very specific ways and continued on for going on 3 years. So of course it would be mentioned.

I’m not surprised they all talked. It was to be expected with all that’s going on.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post

I heard it wasn't about the tights.
In the version I read, Charlotte's dress didn't fit, and Meghan referred to Charlotte as Fat.

Kate got upset about it, but really, it is very petty to dwell on something like that years later!
Old 03-16-2021, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Well, TBH, they said they will not speak about it (Did they actually? I might've missed that?), not their friends

One wonders where is the old Harry, who wanted to keep his life private, and not splashed in the international news, who - above all else - wanted his friends to be loyal and not talk to the press. Now we see his wife's friend discussing a private conversation between him, his brother and his father. One wonders how he feels about that...

I strongly suspects he will get the "we'll not pick up the phone until you stop talking to the press" spiel. What he's gonna do then, do an interview with Ellen?
Perhaps they're taking a quote from the Queen and amending it to fit their current situation? "I need to be seen and heard to be believed".
Old 03-16-2021, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As we know the Sussexes are expecting a daughter this summer, depending on the timing, it just may not be feasible for Meghan to travel internationally with a newborn infant. In this case, it very well could be only Harry that attends. I don't believe attendance at something like this would solely be affected by feuds or animosity between family members but 95.5% centered on the *why* this event is happening in the first place. To remember and honor their mother and grandmother of their children. That's the top priority here.
I don't have any expectations but my guess is that the goal is for it to be both of her sons side by side unveiling it. They have until July to figure it out.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
BREAKING:

I find Gayle King's role here very odd and confusing. I have always thought her to be a well intentioned person but, in this situation, is she acting as a friend, private counselor, or journalist/reporter? It seems to me these roles should be kept separate by her and the Sussex's.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

So it would appear that to H& M their LINE is as flexible as their TRUTH . A day after his beloved Grandmother is depicted on the front cover of Charlie Hebdo in a cartoon showing her kneeling on the neck of a prone Meghan , {ala George Floyd ] , Harry is telling CBS
journalist Gayle King all about private conversation's with his Father & brother . H & M threw his grandparents under a bus & took a day after the broadcast to clarify that neither of them were the person they implied was racist . Much as it pains me I hope the BRF recorded that conversation . Because sure as eggs are eggs i have no doubt that Harry was not the only one listening to that conversation .
Prior to Megxit , { i really dislike that name ] , I thought that they seemed to be settling well into their new roles . Certainly they both seemed enthusiastic about the increased Commonwealth role , I deeply regret having been so wrong .
Old 03-16-2021, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I heard it wasn't about the tights.
In the version I read, Charlotte's dress didn't fit, and Meghan referred to Charlotte as Fat.

Kate got upset about it, but really, it is very petty to dwell on something like that years later!
Isn't this just proving what they mean? First it was about tights, then was just Kate being hormonal, then it was about the length of the dress, and now it is Meghan calling a child fat. I mean... really?

Ugh. Just make it stop.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
BOTH. The fact that both sides feel hurt by the other means it must be mutual for any healing to begin.
I'm sorry but this implies that the royal family is as much at fault as Harry and Meghan. I think it would be better for everyone if they could get past this and reestablish relationships among everyone involved. However, the royal family, although not perfect is not equally at fault here. Let's assume everything Harry and Meghan said was true:
  • ONE member of the royal family made a racist remark about their children. Harry and Meghan put the whole family under suspicion even though Meghan admits the family was very welcoming. Great way to repay them, Meghan.
  • Charles cut Harry off, making Harry pay for his family's security. Poor little, rich multimillionaire.
  • The royal family is afraid of tabloid stories. This after Meghan's whining about one story printed three years ago.
  • Kate made Meghan cry. They gave a public interview embarrassing the entire family over that one incident.
Now let's look at the major claims that are more definitely not true:
  • Archie is not a prince because of his heritage.
  • The royal family will change the rules to prevent their children from being HRHs due to racism.
  • The worst one: The royal family's deep rooted racism has endangered Archie's life because as a non-HRH, he's not getting security.
  • The royal family is perpetrating falsehoods about Meghan. The Times reporter (forgot his name) has explained why this story came out now (nothing to do with the interview) and even gave an example of a time that he personally witnessed Meghan being difficult with her staff.
  • They have said everything they are going to say. They then immediately sent one friend to the media hinting that there are more damaging stories to come.

With respect to Meghan's claim that the staff kept her from receiving needed mental health care, the allegation makes no sense.
  • Meghan ran around asking people who would not and could not help her rather than asking medical professionals who could have and would have helped her.
  • Harry sat back without lifting a finger while watching his wife suffer.
  • Harry decided not to ask his family for help, even though several members of the family - not just Harry - have admitted to needing mental health care,
Old 03-16-2021, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Isn't this just proving what they mean? First it was about tights, then was just Kate being hormonal, then it was about the length of the dress, and now it is Meghan calling a child fat. I mean... really?

Ugh. Just make it stop.
Um... wasn't there something, somewhere in the mix where being rude to staff was mentioned? So many different versions from different mouths and sources from all over the place makes it feel like it's a "fill in the blanks" kind of scenario.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Meghan is proving that she's clutching at straws to prove that she was so right and victimized and it's pathetic. I mean, she blustered her proud impending leaving in the internet, *then* wrote an email that claimed the story about her making Catherine cry two years ago was wrong and needed correction and now, over a year after the email, she authorized Janina to claim boldly that she had "proof" and leaked the email to Scobie's sympatheric computer.

Meghan's idea of evidence don't jibe with mine. Her actions are just proving that she very much wants to be considered the innocent party but has little evidence to prove it, so she just cries harder in the hopes to be believed. Since she loves her leaks so, as proven at court during the case against ANL, let her leak something more serious... but she doesn't. Why?
Old 03-16-2021, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex & Family - General News March 2021 -

Quote:
BREAKING:

Thank you Blog Real for the update!

For a couple who cares about privacy, they surely are not stopping Gayle King from invading Williamís (or even Royal Familyís) privacy, given that it was a private conversation between the brothers

Unless of course the Sussexes took actions against her friend for leaking the private phone call out by talking to the press
Old 03-16-2021, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Thank you Blog Real for the update!

For a couple who cares about privacy, they surely are not stopping Gayle King from invading Williamís privacy, given that it was a private conversation between the brothers

Unless of course the Sussexes took actions against her friend for leaking the private phone call out
Next, it's going to be "William stopped taking my calls!" *sad face*. My, I wonder why that would be.

Wonderful start to healing the rift, Harry! Good job!
Old 03-16-2021, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

How is anything productive supposed to get discussed when Meghan is giving Gayle King a blow by blow account of everything and authorising her to tell the morning shows? This isn't a couple that's interested in reconciliation and privacy.

At this point I'd be afraid to literally say anything more than "hello" in case it was being recorded to be "leaked" to the world via "hacking" aka handed straight to Scobie or King. Let alone discuss any of the true hurts that might have gone on.

Especially as by the time it's relayed to us third hand its possibly twisted beyond recognition *again*.

This is really the only thing they have to stay relevant. Why not announce some positive plans that aren't about the BRF you hate?

And yet if William or Charles started talking about private conversations he'd had with his brother or son that showed him in a less than positive light or how they think Harry has gotten himself unhappily "trapped" we'd be back to screaming victimisation.

Closed Thread