The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It just doesn't do anybody any good to make private, family disputes public. That was just so wrong. I can see if there's legitimate concerns about the "Firm" as a place of business but never, ever private, family matters.

I got the feeling that Harry feels "pushed" already to get Meghan the things she wants. That enormous house with its 16 bathrooms will need an army of staff to keep clean alone. It's more like a small hotel (or palace) and I know managing such an estate is a job in itself. I don't think they need such a big house except to show the Americans how high up the social ladder they are.

But it can't be that they sell out their relations and connections with Harry's family to get the Americans to notice them. Harry was raised to be a member of the RF, the son of a future king. He was taught to respect military orders and honour (at least I hope there is honour left in the military on the level Harry lived in it). I can't see him using his family that way for long, even if he feels he has a right to get more from them.

I wonder what will happen when the queen is looking for "peace" - will they get a bargain out of it that keeps Meghan quiet and Harry happy? I even dreamt about them lately, with Harry going back home to Charles and MI5 or MI6 or whoever secret service the RF used got him the kids, ao they could be raised in the UK...

Old 03-16-2021, 07:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the most detrimental thing I've thought about Meghan recently is thinking of her and having someone else pop into my mind. Lady Colin Campbell. Seems like both of them were actually in their positions in royalty/the aristocracy for a New York minute and used it as a high dive platform forward in the world. The sad part is that Harry's involved and perhaps even willingly going along with it.

As I said, its a thought I've had. Doesn't mean that's the actual situation or actually forms my opinion on things. It's just the way thoughts go sometimes.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I got the feeling that Harry feels "pushed" already to get Meghan the things she wants. That enormous house with its 16 bathrooms will need an army of staff to keep clean alone. It's more like a small hotel (or palace) and I know managing such an estate is a job in itself. I don't think they need such a big house except to show the Americans how high up the social ladder they are.

But it can't be that they sell out their relations and connections with Harry's family to get the Americans to notice them. Harry was raised to be a member of the RF, the son of a future king. He was taught to respect military orders and honour (at least I hope there is honour left in the military on the level Harry lived in it). I can't see him using his family that way for long, even if he feels he has a right to get more from them.

I wonder what will happen when the queen is looking for "peace" - will they get a bargain out of it that keeps Meghan quiet and Harry happy? I even dreamt about them lately, with Harry going back home to Charles and MI5 or MI6 or whoever secret service the RF used got him the kids, ao they could be raised in the UK...
But Harry HAS sold out his family to get the things he wants. He's lied, he clearly felt that "financial independence" meant the Bank of Dad for life... rather than making his own money.. and then he's done this interview to abuse his father, and sneer at his brother, to claim that "someone" in his family is a racist, to claim that his son wont be respected because of his origins. harry has sold out his family left right and centre.
And I dont think the RF will want him back. OK for visits but if he came back permanently it would take forever for them to trust him again, and its unlikely that he could be used for royal work.. so he might as well stay ing teh US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the most detrimental thing I've thought about Meghan recently is thinking of her and having someone else pop into my mind. Lady Colin Campbell. Seems like both of them were actually in their positions in royalty/the aristocracy for a New York minute and used it as a high dive platform forward in the world. The sad part is that Harry's involved and perhaps even willingly going along with it.

As I said, its a thought I've had. Doesn't mean that's the actual situation or actually forms my opinion on things. It's just the way thoughts go sometimes.
Lady Colin in fact seems to have had the right idea bout Meghan. She's usually a pretty unreliable author but her slant on Meghan seems to be that Meg didn't have a clue how to behave as a princess, and that she flailed around, refused to learn and then left.....
Old 03-16-2021, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Lady Colin in fact seems to have had the right idea bout Meghan. She's usually a pretty unreliable author but her slant on Meghan seems to be that Meg didn't have a clue how to behave as a princess, and that she flailed around, refused to learn and then left.....
She also claims Archie is a fake child. People can think what they want but good grief her conspiracy theories are a lot.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:22 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Michelle Obama did an interview (or chat) with Access Hollywood's Mario Lopez and was asked about Harry & Meghan, particularly on the aftermath of the Oprah's interview. In her response, she pray there is forgiveness and resolution within the family relationship and mentioned on the importance of family

Michelle Obama Reacts To Meghan Markle & Prince Harry’s Oprah Interview: ‘I Just Pray That There Is Forgiveness’
https://www.accessonline.com/article...is-forgiveness
Remembering how much Diana loved those boys, I will be watching the unveiling of her statue looking for hopeful signs of reconciliation and healing. From the perspective of their mother, I think it would be wonderful to see her sons, their wives and all five grandchildren at the ceremony.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
She also claims Archie is a fake child. People can think what they want but good grief her conspiracy theories are a lot.
This is what happens if just *one* statement can be called into being seriously questioned. It blankets everything else said with suspicion. The "one bad apple in the bunch" spoils the rest kind of thing. After this happens, its almost next to impossible to be taken as trustworthy in what you say again.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I agree generally she goes crazy.. but her picture of Meghan does not seem so far off base..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryVirginia View Post
Remembering how much Diana loved those boys, I will be watching the unveiling of her statue looking for hopeful signs of reconciliation and healing. From the perspective of their mother, I think it would be wonderful to see her sons, their wives and all five grandchildren at the ceremony.
Wouldnt be surprised if there is some reasons Harry can't come for the unveiling. I think it will be very tense.. It was tense a year ago between H and William and now after this interview, it will be years IMO before there's any genuine trust again.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryVirginia View Post
I think it is very possible that this is exactly what we'll see but we won't be able to read between the lines of what the family is actually feeling. People come together for funerals that are on the outs with each other and behave civilly towards each other in respect for the reason they're there. They've all lost someone. It'll be the same with remembering Diana and unveiling the statue. *Both* are Diana's sons equally and Diana *is* the grandmother of their children. They will be able to put personal feelings aside (I hope) for that one time and focus on the reason they're there.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
The most generous explanation is that she has convinced herself that Kate made her cry (it's possible Meghan cried after the encounter). The most likely explanation is that they forgot that they gave Omid a different account.
That really boggles my mind that in a real-world with huge problems two grown women argue about who made who cry over 2 years ago,
Old 03-16-2021, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

I would not be all that surprised if Harry pays for his own private Diana statue to be placed. Which makes a lot of sense actually. Going back to Britain repeatedly is neither practical or comfortable for obvious reasons.

Kate is not Arguing about anything though. She has too full and busy life to be that silly.Meghan would probably love for them to argue with her I think.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
That really boggles my mind that in a real-world with huge problems two grown women argue about who made who cry over 2 years ago,
Who raised it 3 years after the event, only 1.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

On ABC radio this morning they said; "There are 2 billion people in the Commonwealth and half are black and the other half are Asian." And there has never been any suggestion of The Royal Family being racist from any of them." I know The Queen is very proud of her work within The Commonwealth family, it is very important to her.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Wouldnt be surprised if there is some reasons Harry can't come for the unveiling. I think it will be very tense.. It was tense a year ago between H and William and now after this interview, it will be years IMO before there's any genuine trust again.
As we know the Sussexes are expecting a daughter this summer, depending on the timing, it just may not be feasible for Meghan to travel internationally with a newborn infant. In this case, it very well could be only Harry that attends. I don't believe attendance at something like this would solely be affected by feuds or animosity between family members but 95.5% centered on the *why* this event is happening in the first place. To remember and honor their mother and grandmother of their children. That's the top priority here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
On ABC radio this morning they said; "There are 2 billion people in the Commonwealth and half are black and the other half are Asian." And there has never been any suggestion of The Royal Family being racist from any of them." I know The Queen is very proud of her work within The Commonwealth family, it is very important to her.
There we have it. One drop of water does not an ocean make. If anyone really wants to read and learn of how much the Commonwealth means to the Queen, I'd suggest "Queen of the World" by Robert Hardman. *Lots* of information in there from the creation of the Commonwealth of Nations by George VI to the present at the time of publication. Good read.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Who raised it 3 years after the event, only 1.

But the story about Kate crying originally came from the Palace? Didn't Kate say something about it?
Old 03-16-2021, 08:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Catherine isn’t. Meghan is the one making an issue out of it. IA- with the rest of what you said. It’s pretty trivial.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But the story about Kate crying originally came from the Palace? Didn't Kate say something about it?
Your point was that two women were arguing when there was more important things going on. I agree there are more important events going on but regardless of what happened and who let it out we are 3 years on and only 1 person raised it in the last fortnight.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

BREAKING:
Prince William and Charles 'speak to Harry for the first time since Oprah interview' - but talks were 'unproductive': Meghan Markle's friend Gayle King reveals on US morning TV show that couple told her about discussions.

She said: "Well I'm not trying to break news, but I did actually call them to see how they were feeling, and it's true, Harry has talked to his brother and he has talked to his father too. The word I was given was that those conversations were not productive. But they are glad that they have at least started a conversation."

No member of the Royal Family has yet spoken to Meghan after the interview.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_dailymailUK
Old 03-16-2021, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Prince William and Charles 'speak to Harry for the first time since Oprah interview' - but talks were 'unproductive': Meghan Markle's friend Gayle King reveals on US morning TV show that couple told her about discussions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_dailymailUK
This is not good, from 2 points, one they are not making progress and secondly they are divulging private family conversations.
It would appear that as soon as the couple are off the front page they find something to get them back in the news.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:53 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Since the new baby is due "early summer" that may provide all the reason needed.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:54 AM
Nobility

They can't keep their big mouths shut. I hope the Royal Family never says anything more personal than "Hello" and "Goodbye" to those two ever again.

Closed Thread